• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest threats going into the playoffs

Started by bearfan, October 29, 2017, 12:52:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Trill

Jumping to conclusions: my personal opinion is that I got a feeling that 1 of the teams from 2a-3 (excluding Earle) will knock off 1 of the top 5 teams that you all consider to be top 5.

Who thinks so?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Mr. Trill on October 31, 2017, 12:01:43 am
Jumping to conclusions: my personal opinion is that I got a feeling that 1 of the teams from 2a-3 (excluding Earle) will knock off 1 of the top 5 teams that you all consider to be top 5.

Who thinks so?

Ummm no.

MR#1

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 29, 2017, 08:26:12 pm
No offense meant, but Rison isn't as good as C.H.G. we all know this already. And if Rison and Earle play, it will be at Earle, that will make a difference.

My comment had nothing to do with CHG who are the champions of the 8-2A  Rison is 2nd in the 8-2A and is in Earle's bracket. And, Earle still must contend with Rison whether the game is in Earle or anywhere else. And, of course, there could be a surprise team or two in the bracket. It's the playoffs.

As for the "all mighty 8," I wish all of those well as they are in Rison's conference. But, I don't lose any sleep if any of those teams lose. My only concern is Rison. Trust me, true Rison Wildcat fans respect other teams regardless of conference affiliation and we don't go around chanting "8-2A, 8-2A, 8-2A ..." It's "Go Cats Go!" and "Hail to the black, hail to the old gold."

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: MR#1 on October 31, 2017, 12:23:18 am
My comment had nothing to do with CHG who are the champions of the 8-2A  Rison is 2nd in the 8-2A and is in Earle's bracket. And, Earle still must contend with Rison whether the game is in Earle or anywhere else. And, of course, there could be a surprise team or two in the bracket. It's the playoffs.

As for the "all mighty 8," I wish all of those well as they are in Rison's conference. But, I don't lose any sleep if any of those teams lose. My only concern is Rison. Trust me, true Rison Wildcat fans respect other teams regardless of conference affiliation and we don't go around chanting "8-2A, 8-2A, 8-2A ..." It's "Go Cats Go!" and "Hail to the black, hail to the old gold."
+1

Wildcatalumni21

October 31, 2017, 10:51:46 pm #54 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:54:53 pm by Wildcatalumni21
Quote from: Yogi bear on October 30, 2017, 10:59:38 pm

Well I guess what they say is true about teams from the 8. You better be at least 14 points better than them at their place! Hard to beat 11 players and 5 refs that take away a TD on opening drive and 2 point conversion late in the game! Not to mention 6 helmet to helmet hits by Bearden and multiple dirty late hits on our QB, RB and WR's that wouldn't get called!

Hgalum50

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 31, 2017, 10:51:46 pm
Well I guess what they say is true about teams from the 8. You better be at least 14 points better than them at their place! Hard to beat 11 players and 5 refs that take away a TD on opening drive and 2 point conversion late in the game! Not to mention 6 helmet to helmet hits by Bearden and multiple dirty late hits on our QB, RB and WR's that wouldn't get called!
You know we don't play like that!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 31, 2017, 11:07:43 pm
You know we don't play like that!
This is true and when we played at Strong 2 years ago they had a good crew! But the Bearden crew this year is one of the worst crews I've ever seen in high school football

Hgalum50

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 31, 2017, 11:10:56 pm
This is true and when we played at Strong 2 years ago they had a good crew! But the Bearden crew this year is one of the worst crews I've ever seen in high school football
I know you're right. There is no way they beat Hector tbh.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 31, 2017, 11:23:03 pm
I know you're right. There is no way they beat Hector tbh.

Yo tale be havin' a slant to it. I don't think I remember anybody from Hector saying that Bearden Played Dirty. You can get that crap out of here

Hgalum50

November 01, 2017, 01:25:46 am #59 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:28:32 am by Hgalum50
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 01, 2017, 01:15:11 am
Yo tale be havin' a slant to it. I don't think I remember anybody from Hector saying that Bearden Played Dirty. You can get that crap out of here
Honestly we can all agree Arkansas refs are for the most part terrible!

Yogi bear

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 31, 2017, 10:51:46 pm
.    I have it from a reliable source that was a lot closer to the he play in question than you . Your q.b. stretched the ball trying to score it gets knocked out of his hand all the way across the end zone a different player picked it up and returned it 105 yards. That's football not refs. Same thing happened to Bearden at h.g. last year we were about to go up by two scores ball got knocked out going into the end zone and they went down and scored. You haven't heard Bearden fans crying or blaming refs.get over it and realize y'all are just not that good. Your last loss should you make it will be to either Rison or h.g.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Yogi bear on November 01, 2017, 05:48:29 am
.    I have it from a reliable source that was a lot closer to the he play in question than you . Your q.b. stretched the ball trying to score it gets knocked out of his hand all the way across the end zone a different player picked it up and returned it 105 yards. That's football not refs. Same thing happened to Bearden at h.g. last year we were about to go up by two scores ball got knocked out going into the end zone and they went down and scored. You haven't heard Bearden fans crying or blaming refs.get over it and realize y'all are just not that good. Your last loss should you make it will be to either Rison or h.g.
There is No such thing as a reliable source if he's from the 8  ;D ;D ;D

Hawgpilot

Is this thread about teams that could make a run in the playoffs, or truly upset fans over games their HS teams lost earlier this season?  Just wasn't sure....carry on.

bear for life

I see Hector fans still crying about week 2 and hgalum50 still hating u sound like Adam O'Dell you guys finally win some games and on high horse I was going for youguys but now I hope mt Ida beat u like and drum

panther_forever

Hector will beat mount ida, mount ida is very over rated and in a very weak confrence.

Ghostof64

Quote from: panther_forever on November 01, 2017, 07:48:57 am
Hector will beat mount ida, mount ida is very over rated and in a very weak confrence.
Seriously? This from a Cove person? After how they layed down and took itvthis summer at the Jamboree?

bearfan

Quote from: bear for life on November 01, 2017, 07:43:17 am
I see Hector fans still crying about week 2 and hgalum50 still hating u sound like Adam O'Dell you guys finally win some games and on high horse I was going for youguys but now I hope mt Ida beat u like and drum
Hector will be on the opposite side of the bracket. CC will be on mount ida side

Hawgpilot

someone "edited" my previous post to be a little more polite  ???

Hgalum50

Quote from: bear for life on November 01, 2017, 07:43:17 am
I'm not hating at all. I ain't on no high horse either. We are in the position we are in for the first time in a really long time. Why you getting all frustrated over nothing? Wildcatalumni is most the time at all of Hectors games, I'm sure he knows what goes on! I always went for Bearden when they played in the state title games and will go for them in the playoffs this year.

Mr. Trill

BisonFan1

I can only speak on the 6-2A conference.  Obviously, Hazen and McCrory will both be serious contenders.  Des Arc, while a little down this year, will also be a tough out, just due to their tradition and blue-collar mentality.  My dark horses, though, are P/W and Clarendon.  Both have the athletes to cause some problems during the playoffs.  It would not surprise me at all to see one or both of those teams make some noise in the postseason. 

Traditionally, this conference has been top heavy with the top two or three teams being contenders and the others just merely making the playoffs, due to spots available in the conference.  Well, not this year.  I think the 6-2A will perform well during the postseason, because every playoff team, 1-5, is talented and has the potential to win some games in November/December.     

fearlessfreddy

Quote from: wiseguy on October 30, 2017, 11:00:23 pm
We beat you at your house 8)  Get over it!  Life goes on ;)
tbh the refs screwed CC in the last seconds in CC vs hector. CC is clearly the better team. Just because you squeaked by with some refs helping you out doesn't change much. ;D ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fearlessfreddy on November 02, 2017, 11:09:11 am
tbh the refs screwed CC in the last seconds in CC vs hector. CC is clearly the better team. Just because you squeaked by with some refs helping you out doesn't change much. ;D ;D

In the last seconds? Why cause they wouldn't put time back on the clock, because it expired during the last play?

Eaglefan70

I'm not here to argue about the game. I will however say the refs were awful both ways but in the end Hector got the better of the penalties I guess you could say.  CC left that game with a chip on their shoulder and YW Hector for beating Cove so we could all get a piece of the championship.  The teams I think will make the biggest noise are Earle, CHG, and Mt Ida. There will be one dark horse that makes it in there and beats a top dog and I'm hoping it is CC 3rd round vs Mt Ida.  As far as the 6 goes I don't think anyone makes any noise out of there this year.  Rest of 3 (besides Earle) should be out relatively quickly.  Every other conference has a top dog that is the real deal.

jag4life

Mccrory will win your 2a championship. #7 taylor is gonna steam roll through all these defenses.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on November 02, 2017, 01:07:30 pm
I'm not here to argue about the game. I will however say the refs were awful both ways but in the end Hector got the better of the penalties I guess you could say.  CC left that game with a chip on their shoulder and YW Hector for beating Cove so we could all get a piece of the championship.  The teams I think will make the biggest noise are Earle, CHG, and Mt Ida. There will be one dark horse that makes it in there and beats a top dog and I'm hoping it is CC 3rd round vs Mt Ida.  As far as the 6 goes I don't think anyone makes any noise out of there this year.  Rest of 3 (besides Earle) should be out relatively quickly.  Every other conference has a top dog that is the real deal.
Don't over look the 6. And I don't just mean Hazen. There are teams that could matchup well and upset some teams.

who-knew

Quote from: jag4life on November 02, 2017, 10:11:29 pm
Mccrory will win your 2a championship. #7 taylor is gonna steam roll through all these defenses.

That's funny considering they lost to Hazen at MC and #7 didn't steam roll them!!!! ;D ;D

mr.gametime

Quote from: who-knew on November 02, 2017, 10:24:05 pm
That's funny considering they lost to Hazen at MC and #7 didn't steam roll them!!!! ;D ;D

You know #7 still had 200 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns that game...

Hornet68

Quote from: jag4life on November 02, 2017, 10:11:29 pm
He didn't steam roll hazen's defense. Actually they more or less rolled him up.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Hornet68 on March 01, 2018, 01:37:55 pm
He didn't steam roll hazen's defense. Actually they more or less rolled him up.

Over 200 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns😂😂😂....boy go sit down somewhere.

Hornet68

March 02, 2018, 01:34:55 pm #80 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:45:07 pm by Hornet68
choke artist in overtime though. 200 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns still wasn't enough to save you from the Purple Haze.

mr.gametime

But that wasn't your statement ......you said that he didn't steam roll y'all and that y'all rolled him up😂😂😂😂....go play kid....you sounding stupid

Hornet68

The hornet defense did roll him up. 68 had 16 tackles that game. 52 had 19 tackles, and 22 had 11 tackles. The fact that the "4th" place team in the conference came into your house and smacked you around and beat you in your house is inexcusable. Not only did they not finish 4th, they were untouched through conference. Y'all act like y'all are the Alabama of 2a football, but you got beat in the first round of the play offs. You wouldn't of wanted to of played the hornets again. They would have only made you run back to Mac town with your tails tucked between your legs.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Hornet68 on March 05, 2018, 01:10:54 pm
The hornet defense did roll him up. 68 had 16 tackles that game. 52 had 19 tackles, and 22 had 11 tackles. The fact that the "4th" place team in the conference came into your house and smacked you around and beat you in your house is inexcusable. Not only did they not finish 4th, they were untouched through conference. Y'all act like y'all are the Alabama of 2a football, but you got beat in the first round of the play offs. You wouldn't of wanted to of played the hornets again. They would have only made you run back to Mac town with your tails tucked between your legs.

Once again you sound stupid....what does any of that have to do with y'all rolling up and running back who had over 200 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns...i can tell you are a little slow in the head some I'm just gone not comment no more ..feel like I'm trying to explain something to a 1 year old

Hornet68

200 yards and 3 touchdowns isn't all that great. His first 2 touchdowns came in the first quarter. Not that impressive.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas