• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 7A Top Ten--Week 8, Sort Of

Started by Mike Bonds, October 16, 2017, 04:30:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Bryant
2.  North Little Rock
3.  Bentonville West
4.  Bentonville
5.  Conway
6.  Springdale Har-Ber
7.  Springdale
8.  Fayetteville

Only going 8 deep this week.  I just can't justify going all the way to 10 with 7A really.  Cabot, I supposed, would be #9.  After that, who knows.

Walter

High Voltage

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 16, 2017, 04:30:31 pm
1.  Bryant
2.  North Little Rock
3.  Bentonville West
4.  Bentonville
5.  Conway
6.  Springdale Har-Ber
7.  Springdale
8.  Fayetteville

Only going 8 deep this week.  I just can't justify going all the way to 10 with 7A really.  Cabot, I supposed, would be #9.  After that, who knows.
I agree with this, after these 8 the 7A is just plain weak!

Mike Bonds

Didn't really get a chance to make any observations yesterday, since the day was pretty hectic.

Bryant seemed to get along ok in its first game without its starting QB.  Bentonville West continued its inexorable rise up the polls with a victory over Har-Ber.  Har-Ber suffers a 2nd defeat in as many weeks--with Fayetteville looming this week, and Fayetteville's no pushover. 

Right now, the 7A is anyone's game; no one in this classification looks untouchable.  These top 8 schools have a considerable level of parity.  7A, though, is a story of the haves and have nots.  Once you get past these 8 teams, things drop off extremely fast. As I noted earlier, Cabot would be my #9 team, but they lost quickly and badly to Conway, and I think they'd likely fare about the same against Har-Ber, Springdale, and Fayetteville.  The loss to Central is a bad sign--the opening victory against Pine Bluff is starting to look more like an outlier.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas