• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood at Benton

Started by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam, October 15, 2017, 03:52:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Football

I watched the GW v Russellville game yesterday on HUDL and now giving Benton a chance at home to win this game.  If Benton can shutdown #3 Holt and bust a few big plays with RB Wallace behind OLine, then maybe.  Benton will have to play better special teams and defense will have to make some plays to win. Benton Offense is explosive enough to make this one interesting but must not turn ball over like it did against ED last Friday.

PrivateLesson

Don't y'all wish it was Friday Night? 

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 18, 2017, 12:02:29 pm
I watched the GW v Russellville game yesterday on HUDL and now giving Benton a chance at home to win this game.  If Benton can shutdown #3 Holt and bust a few big plays with RB Wallace behind OLine, then maybe.  Benton will have to play better special teams and defense will have to make some plays to win. Benton Offense is explosive enough to make this one interesting but must not turn ball over like it did against ED last Friday.
+1

PrivateLesson

Hey Wildcat, Did you read this?   

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 09:20:23 am
Let's think about the Russellville game for a moment shall we?   The final score was 38-13.    I'll make a point and ask a question.   Point:  The one score was a 75 yard run.  How often has Greenwood given up a run like that this year?   It was a fluke.    Question:  Do you really think Greenwood was pulling out all the stops on offense in the 4th quarter?  We ran the ball 90% of the time to eat up clock.  I believe if Jones wanted to mercy rule them, it could and would have been done in the 3rd quarter.   And I think Russellville is comparable to Benton.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 11:33:59 am
GW made Texarkana pay for the mental mistakes and turnovers to start the 2nd half.  At that point we are not to the level to play from behind against a team like GW.  Without those mistakes the slugfest would've continued.  A complete dismantle of Benton this Friday on the road would all but assure that GW put together 4 quarters.

I'll say this, I've been a little frustrated at how flat GW looks sometimes on offense.  Sometimes it seems like they are so confident in the defense that they don't really start focusing until they have to.  I'd love to see the offense just come out and dominate from the start.  Let the defense do what they do, but truly punish the opposing team right out of the gate.

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 01:20:18 pm
I'll say this, I've been a little frustrated at how flat GW looks sometimes on offense.  Sometimes it seems like they are so confident in the defense that they don't really start focusing until they have to.  I'd love to see the offense just come out and dominate from the start.  Let the defense do what they do, but truly punish the opposing team right out of the gate.
+1 There is no doubt that GW is a great team but I would like to see them completely punish teams.  That would eliminate all of the questions/concerns/what if's with GW. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 18, 2017, 12:02:29 pm

What about stopping Wood?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 18, 2017, 12:34:06 pm
Hey Wildcat, Did you read this?   

Praytell, what parts of my post do you disagree with?

Wildcat Football

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 02:18:41 pm
I only watched the first half and did forget about Kenny Wood, and I said a chance albeit small.  I agree with your post for the most part, if I had money would not bet on Benton.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 02:18:41 pm
Praytell, what made you jump to that conclusion??   I just asked Wildcat if he seen your post.   You're the one all jumping around here waving your hands up and down that GW didn't play to their full potential....not I. 

catfish1

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Two things GW defense does well
1: they get to your QB with pressure and set the edge if QB tries to scramble out of it
2:  they do not allow YAC.  Your WR may catch it but he's not going anywhere after he does.

Basically what I just said is....they tackle very well.  They weren't any bigger than Eldo at any position but they are taught to wrap up and get you down one on one.

Eldo had a little success running up the middle, but those were hard yards to get.

hogsanddogs

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 11:20:31 am
Greenwood was a bit groggy from the long ride.  They woke up at half-time and not only scored 25 straight points, but also shut out the AHS offense in the second half.

Greenwood truly hasn't put together a full 4 quarters.  It'll be scary to see what will happen when they do.  Don't be surprised if it's this Friday night.
I hope it's Friday Night! I also hope to see our receivers look hungry! Other teams talk about shutting down Holt. I would like to see a few other receivers break out. Couple  guys who could.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 18, 2017, 05:56:44 pm
Praytell, what made you jump to that conclusion??   I just asked Wildcat if he seen your post.   You're the one all jumping around here waving your hands up and down that GW didn't play to their full potential....not I. 

Don't think I've been "jumping around" doing anything.  But it seems like you're a bit of a pot stirrer.  With your  "heehee, hey did you see what he wrote" comment, I assumed you thought I was off base about assessment of Greenwood.   I asked you a simple question:  What part you don't agree with?   I didn't start making comments about you did I?  How about you grow up and stop acting like a junior higher. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 02:05:55 pm
+1 There is no doubt that GW is a great team but I would like to see them completely punish teams.  That would eliminate all of the questions/concerns/what if's with GW. 

+1 Agreed

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 08:22:23 am
Don't think I've been "jumping around" doing anything.  But it seems like you're a bit of a pot stirrer.  With your  "heehee, hey did you see what he wrote" comment, I assumed you thought I was off base about assessment of Greenwood.   I asked you a simple question:  What part you don't agree with?   I didn't start making comments about you did I?  How about you grow up and stop acting like a junior higher.

LOL!!!!   Wow.  You really are something aren't you? 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 08:45:17 am
LOL!!!!   Wow.  You really are something aren't you? 

I asked you a question, and you still can't answer it.   

waiting.........

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 08:49:36 am
I asked you a question, and you still can't answer it.  smh

Okay...You want me to answer it so here it goes.   I think you are selling the Greenwood program and the others short(mainly the kids) when you come on here making statements that Greenwood didn't play all out or mercy rule because of a friendship to Weaver....or it's how your post comes across.  I also was taught to win with class and lose with class.  It's not fair to all the kids who bust their rears all summer long to come on here and say they didn't face or play their best.  There, I said it. 

PrivateLesson

Another thing.....while you are waiting.....

I'm not the one coming on here stirring every pot this side of the state......maybe I stir a little but not near the magnitude as to what others are capable of.   Besides, Fearless would be somewhat boring if everyone seen eye to eye.   I respect everyone on here. 

Junior High??   Really??   lol!!! 

Wildcat Football

I really like seeing everyone's take on teams after they play each other, provides first hand reviews and good intel week to week.  I have been big all year on West Memphis based on improvement and scores, but I really need to go out to HUDL and see a few games before making a full endorsement.  The PB game next week will be a humdinger and admit Zebras improving week to week, which is what I watch closely.  I'm also a big fan of the Bolding blood-line, proven coaches who develop players year after year to full potential.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 08:54:27 am
Okay...You want me to answer it so here it goes.   I think you are selling the Greenwood program and the others short(mainly the kids) when you come on here making statements that Greenwood didn't play all out or mercy rule because of a friendship to Weaver....or it's how your post comes across.  I also was taught to win with class and lose with class.  It's not fair to all the kids who bust their rears all summer long to come on here and say they didn't face or play their best.  There, I said it. 

You obviously have misunderstood everything I've posted.  I'm personally very close with many of the coaches and players and their families.  I go to church with them and speak to them on a daily basis.  Both of my kids are involved in the football program.  I sit up there during spring and summer and fall workouts.  During fasdogs.  During every home and away game.   I'm a fan.  But I'm a rational and objective fan.  I speak my mind.    Let me correct your false assessments of my posts.  I've never said Greenwood boys didn't play all out.  I never said they didn't mercy rule because of a friendship with Weaver.  Coach Jones is a class act.  When the game is under control, he takes his foot off the gas.  That doesn't mean the kids stop playing hard.  It means, instead of passing and running the normal offense, we play conservative.  Eating up time and not rubbing it in the other team.  Our boys win and lose with class.  Never have I said otherwise.   But when I say I don't think they've played their best, doesn't mean they didn't play hard.  Heck, every one of the starters I talked to at church last sunday said they didn't play their best at the first of the Texarkana game and that they could have played better at the Russellville game.  They recognize when they falter and when they need to play better.  It's called being honest with yourself and being better today than they were yesterday.  They don't need someone protecting them like you, saying "Now don't tell our boys they didn't do their best".  Come on.  If you're an honest Greenwood fan, you'll admit that they have not put 4 quarters together this year.  They still are the best team in the state.  They know how to overcome adversity.  How to make up for mistakes.  How to come back when they get behind.  But they will all tell you that they have yet to put 4 quarters of excellence together.  How is any of this wrong?  Unless you're one of those who just want to sugar coat everything and give out a participation trophy.  Do you have a kid on the team?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 19, 2017, 09:16:01 am
I really like seeing everyone's take on teams after they play each other, provides first hand reviews and good intel week to week.  I have been big all year on West Memphis based on improvement and scores, but I really need to go out to HUDL and see a few games before making a full endorsement.  The PB game next week will be a humdinger and admit Zebras improving week to week, which is what I watch closely.  I'm also a big fan of the Bolding blood-line, proven coaches who develop players year after year to full potential.

I wish I could see WM, Jonesboro, PB.   I only go by what others say about them who've seen them play in person.  All I can talk educated about is the teams i've seen in person.  GW, Texarkana, ElDo.   

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 09:16:38 am
You obviously have misunderstood everything I've posted.  I'm personally very close with many of the coaches and players and their families.  I go to church with them and speak to them on a daily basis.  Both of my kids are involved in the football program.  I sit up there during spring and summer and fall workouts.  During fasdogs.  During every home and away game.   I'm a fan.  But I'm a rational and objective fan.  I speak my mind.    Let me correct your false assessments of my posts.  I've never said Greenwood boys didn't play all out.  I never said they didn't mercy rule because of a friendship with Weaver.  Coach Jones is a class act.  When the game is under control, he takes his foot off the gas.  That doesn't mean the kids stop playing hard.  It means, instead of passing and running the normal offense, we play conservative.  Eating up time and not rubbing it in the other team.  Our boys win and lose with class.  Never have I said otherwise.   But when I say I don't think they've played their best, doesn't mean they didn't play hard.  Heck, every one of the starters I talked to at church last sunday said they didn't play their best at the first of the Texarkana game and that they could have played better at the Russellville game.  They recognize when they falter and when they need to play better.  It's called being honest with yourself and being better today than they were yesterday.  They don't need someone protecting them like you, saying "Now don't tell our boys they didn't do their best".  Come on.  If you're an honest Greenwood fan, you'll admit that they have not put 4 quarters together this year.  They still are the best team in the state.  They know how to overcome adversity.  How to make up for mistakes.  How to come back when they get behind.  But they will all tell you that they have yet to put 4 quarters of excellence together.  How is any of this wrong?  Unless you're one of those who just want to sugar coat everything and give out a participation trophy.  Do you have a kid on the team?

Oh wow......I got the real DoyouknowwhoIthinkIam this time instead of the pot stirrer.  Never know what to expect.  Nothing is wrong with this post....in fact, I would agree. Why not post and say it that way to begin with?   I'm certainly not one to give out participation trophies and I have family and friends whose kids attend and play for Greenwood.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 09:30:00 am
Oh wow......I got the real DoyouknowwhoIthinkIam this time instead of the pot stirrer.  Never know what to expect.  Nothing is wrong with this post....in fact, I would agree. Why not post and say it that way to begin with?   I'm certainly not one to give out participation trophies and I have family and friends whose kids attend and play for Greenwood.

First of all, you obviously don't understand the meaning of my name.  (I'll give you more time to figure that out.)  Second, stir the pot all you want.  However, don't go misquoting people.  That's what get's people upset.   

maxswine

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 08:54:27 ammaking statements that Greenwood didn't play all out or mercy rule because of a friendship to Weaver

I think it's possible there may not have been a mercy rule because of a friendship, but it would not have happened in the 3rd quarter like earlier stated. It was still a game in the 3rd. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 19, 2017, 09:45:08 am
I think it's possible there may not have been a mercy rule because of a friendship, but it would not have happened in the 3rd quarter like earlier stated. It was still a game in the 3rd. 

By the middle of the 3rd quarter, the game was over. 

Oldbadger

There is absolutely no reason to beat a team by more than 35 points except when the coach has his last team in and they still score.  That is only if the coach has dialed back his play calling to strictly straight ahead runs and done everything but put the cheerleaders in.  We are talking about kids here, most of which will never participate in any sport after high school.  So, why punish a team to prove a point?  It just demoralizes the other  team and the individual kids who play for them.  Is that the point? Most of us on Fearless Friday, including me, live vicarously through our kids or our local team, and some have never been part of an organized team.  We tend to blurt out our bravado behind the computer screen and try to diminish the other team not realizing that these kids read this drivil. My recommendation is to try to limit your posts to real analization of the teams and their abilities and try to remember, you are living your life the way you want, they still have theirs to go, and , they should be able to do that without remembering the day they were "punished" because their team wasn't as good as their opponent.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 19, 2017, 10:12:17 am
There is absolutely no reason to beat a team by more than 35 points except when the coach has his last team in and they still score.  That is only if the coach has dialed back his play calling to strictly straight ahead runs and done everything but put the cheerleaders in.  We are talking about kids here, most of which will never participate in any sport after high school.  So, why punish a team to prove a point?  It just demoralizes the other  team and the individual kids who play for them.  Is that the point? Most of us on Fearless Friday, including me, live vicarously through our kids or our local team, and some have never been part of an organized team.  We tend to blurt out our bravado behind the computer screen and try to diminish the other team not realizing that these kids read this drivil. My recommendation is to try to limit your posts to real analization of the teams and their abilities and try to remember, you are living your life the way you want, they still have theirs to go, and , they should be able to do that without remembering the day they were "punished" because their team wasn't as good as their opponent.

I agree 100% with you.  Coach Jones, to my knowledge, has never run up the score on anyone.  Our kids know when they've beaten the other team and when they've been beaten.  Scores are for the fans.  The kids know it on the field.  I hate watching a team run up the score on someone.  It serves no purpose. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 09:41:59 am
First of all, you obviously don't understand the meaning of my name.  (I'll give you more time to figure that out.)  Second, stir the pot all you want.  However, don't go misquoting people.  That's what get's people upset.   

I don't care about the meaning of your name. People choose all kinds of names for various reasons...to each their own.  I don't have time nor the energy for mind games.  And please don't act all innocent in suggesting I am the one stirring the pot and that you have not.  I didn't misquote you....I simply stated my opinion of your opinion.  I don't think I'm the only one who derived that from your post.  If so, I apologize.

Pr8hd

October 19, 2017, 10:21:10 am #79 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:33:10 am by Pr8hd
As far as the game performance and execution, the players know when they do not perform as expected or to their full potential. It gets pointed out to them during and after the game by the staff, other players, etc. Fans who watch closely know when their team does fully meet expectations and know what it looks like when they do.

The bar has been set high for many years. GW did not play to their full potential  in games with NS, Alma, AHS, Siloam, and Russ games. At times, they did and other times they did not- this would be inclusive of penalties, turnovers, dropped passes, bad passes, poor tackling or simply poor execution in general. Consistency is execution's best friend.  No one is harder on the kids than themselves and the coaching staff, trust me. A fan saying as much is not meaningful, in itself. I'd say SS and ED are closer to the potential and performance expected when all things click, but even those were not flawless and it's not a matter of victory margin or mercy rule.

Give credit where due, Russ had some good things they did esp. defensively, but GW also did some things they don't normally do such as miss a wide open pass to Wood on a wheel route that was a for sure TD , way too many penalties, etc. When GW is on, it's like a fully functional death star, hard to stop....but the same could be said for many teams. GW is just more reliant upon it to compensate for the lack of talent many perceive or dismiss. Rest assured, the lack of genetic lottery winners is more than made up for in the execution....plus those that say they have none, are sorely mistaken when confronted with what they do have  (or get out of their players) first hand.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 19, 2017, 10:12:17 am

Exactly.   It's just frustrating to see certain posts that take away from the game and the kids hard work by all teams. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 10:17:34 am
I don't care about the meaning of your name. People choose all kinds of names for various reasons...to each their own.  I don't have time nor the energy for mind games.  And please don't act all innocent in suggesting I am the one stirring the pot and that you have not.  I didn't misquote you....I simply stated my opinion of your opinion.  I don't think I'm the only one who derived that from your post.  If so, I apologize.

Don't put words in someone else's mouth.  That's all I'm simply stating.  And yes, I love to stir the pot as well.  However, I won't say negative things about kids, I won't be OK with someone else doing that, and I for sure won't allow someone to accuse me of doing it.  I'm done talking about this.   Carry on.  :)

Pr8hd

I think this Benton game will be a good one, Benton although not the same team as last year, played GW tough to the very end especially after getting dismantled in 2015. If the two teams execute to their best, I'd say GW takes care of business and wins. Not sure on margin, but maybe a few scores. If GW sputters at times, it'll be much closer.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 10:26:55 am
Don't put words in someone else's mouth.  That's all I'm simply stating.  And yes, I love to stir the pot as well.  However, I won't say negative things about kids, I won't be OK with someone else doing that, and I for sure won't allow someone to accuse me of doing it.  I'm done talking about this.   Carry on.  :)
I don't say anything negative about kids, either and I didn't put words in your mouth.  Good Day.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 10:56:50 am
I don't say anything negative about kids, either and I didn't put words in your mouth.  Good Day.

To be fair, I'm sure I've not accused you of doing that.  I'm sure you did accuse me of doing that!  That's how this all got started.   

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 09:49:39 am
By the middle of the 3rd quarter, the game was over.

By the accounts, it was a 2 score game and Russellville had the ball.  I guess we have different opinions on when a game is over. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 19, 2017, 11:53:01 am
By the accounts, it was a 2 score game and Russellville had the ball.  I guess we have different opinions on when a game is over. 

My opinion had nothing to do with the score.  :)

WeRFootball

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 01:20:18 pm

Don't get me wrong the defense is good but so good that they think they will carry the team? Come On!   Makes me wonder if you have a kid on D.  We have a solid offense and defense..if not the we would not have the numbers on the board the way we do.  Yes I would like both offense and defense to step out firing on all cylinders and a lot less silly penalties.  Last week even the offense had penalties.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 19, 2017, 01:18:05 pm #88 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:24:25 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: WeRFootball on October 19, 2017, 12:55:07 pm
Don't get me wrong the defense is good but so good that they think they will carry the team? Come On!   Makes me wonder if you have a kid on D.  We have a solid offense and defense..if not the we would not have the numbers on the board the way we do.  Yes I would like both offense and defense to step out firing on all cylinders and a lot less silly penalties.  Last week even the offense had penalties.

And where did I say that the defense will carry the team?  Read what I said.  Seriously!  And what does me having a kid on D or not have to do with anything?  Are you saying that only if you have a kid on D that you can comment on the state of Greenwood's defense?  lol  What kid do YOU have on D?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 11:01:36 am
To be fair, I'm sure I've not accused you of doing that.  I'm sure you did accuse me of doing that!  That's how this all got started.   
What??   No, it's not how it all got started.....you began with telling me that my prediction of this game was wrong.....which you later edited.  Then, when I brought up that Greenwood did not "Mercy Rule" Russellville.....you had your little side analysis spin along with how you compared Benton to Russellville.  Greenwood has had trouble with some games.....it's not all this 47-7!!!   Mercy Rule!!!   Skull Dragging victories!!! Besides, for SS..(Lord, help us all)..... and when it's not......you come back with....well, we didn't play that way on purpose or whatever the feel of the moment is.   Whatever. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 19, 2017, 02:03:17 pm #90 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:08:55 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 02:02:03 pm
What??   No, it's not how it all got started.....you began with telling me that my prediction of this game was wrong.....which you later edited.  Then, when I brought up that Greenwood did not "Mercy Rule" Russellville.....you had your little side analysis spin along with how you compared Benton to Russellville.  Greenwood has had trouble with some games.....it's not all this 47-7!!!   Mercy Rule!!!   Skull Dragging victories!!! Besides, for SS..(Lord, help us all)..... and when it's not......you come back with....well, we didn't play that way on purpose or whatever the feel of the moment is.   Whatever. 

Do I really need to go back and show the quotes?   You just jumbled everything together.  Where I took issue with you was when you made an accusation about me that was false.  But nice bait and switch tactic you used there!

Here is the quote from you that I had issue with:  "Okay...You want me to answer it so here it goes.   I think you are selling the Greenwood program and the others short(mainly the kids) when you come on here making statements that Greenwood didn't play all out or mercy rule because of a friendship to Weaver....or it's how your post comes across.  I also was taught to win with class and lose with class.  It's not fair to all the kids who bust their rears all summer long to come on here and say they didn't face or play their best.  There, I said it."

You accused me of making statements about kids not playing all out, in which I did not do.  THAT is what bothered me.  I could care less if you agree with my assessment of the Russellville game.  Don't put words in my mouth and accuse me of saying something I didn't say.   I'll not respond to you again.  You're grasping and straws.  And the more you bring it up, the more I realize that you're not capable of understand the issue here.  Now drop it! 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 02:03:17 pm
Do I really need to go back and show the quotes?   You just jumbled everything together.  Where I took issue with you was when you made an accusation about me that was false.  But nice bait and switch tactic you used there!

Here is the quote from you that I had issue with:  "Okay...You want me to answer it so here it goes.   I think you are selling the Greenwood program and the others short(mainly the kids) when you come on here making statements that Greenwood didn't play all out or mercy rule because of a friendship to Weaver....or it's how your post comes across.  I also was taught to win with class and lose with class.  It's not fair to all the kids who bust their rears all summer long to come on here and say they didn't face or play their best.  There, I said it."

You accused me of making statements about kids not playing all out, in which I did not do.  THAT is what bothered me.  I could care less if you agree with my assessment of the Russellville game.  Don't put words in my mouth and accuse me of saying something I didn't say.  I'll not respond to you again.  You're grasping and straws.  And the more you bring it up, the more I realize that you're not capable of understand the issue here.  Now drop it!
Thanks. :)

Nice edit, again...  " lol   you seem a bit rattled.  Geez.  Lighten up, buddy!"

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 09:20:23 am
Let's think about the Russellville game for a moment shall we?   The final score was 38-13.    I'll make a point and ask a question.   Point:  The one score was a 75 yard run.  How often has Greenwood given up a run like that this year?   It was a fluke.    Question:  Do you really think Greenwood was pulling out all the stops on offense in the 4th quarter?  We ran the ball 90% of the time to eat up clock.  I believe if Jones wanted to mercy rule them, it could and would have been done in the 3rd quarter.   And I think Russellville is comparable to Benton.
Instead of playing all out you said...pulling out all stops.  Noted*(also, it was posed as a question)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 02:13:43 pm
Thanks. :)

Nice edit, again...  " lol   you seem a bit rattled.  Geez.  Lighten up, buddy!"

I felt no need to write that.  Therefore I edited it out.   Maybe you should edit your posts more often.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 19, 2017, 02:23:24 pm #94 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:26:54 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 02:16:18 pm
Instead of playing all out you said...pulling out all stops.  Noted*(also, it was posed as a question)

And you took that as me saying the boys weren't giving it there all?   lol  OK, whatever. 

Bigfootdogfan

All we need now is to have Bait come in and say how we are fighting among ourselves. Surprised he hasn't weighed in already. I love our BULLDOGS !!!! GO DOGS BEAT BENTON.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 19, 2017, 02:36:29 pm
All we need now is to have Bait come in and say how we are fighting among ourselves. Surprised he hasn't weighed in already. I love our BULLDOGS !!!! GO DOGS BEAT BENTON.

+1  OH Lord!  You didn't just call Bait did you?  sigh.............

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 19, 2017, 02:39:12 pm
+1  OH Lord!  You didn't just call Bait did you?  sigh.............

Heck no I didn't call him, I am sure he is at the greasy spoon talking bad about GW. LOL!!!! He will weigh in soon enough, he can't help himself. He just has to troll the 6a board waiting to say something neg. about GW.   Is it Friday yet?

hogsanddogs

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 19, 2017, 02:43:38 pm

Heck no I didn't call him, I am sure he is at the greasy spoon talking bad about GW. LOL!!!! He will weigh in soon enough, he can't help himself. He just has to troll the 6a board waiting to say something neg. about GW.   Is it Friday yet?
+1
Some of this board has been like watching 6 year old girls in a pretend slap fight!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas