• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood at Benton

Started by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam, October 15, 2017, 03:52:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

jeffslilbro

bulldogger15

A Benton loss.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

Let's try to keep this thread on topic and relevant.
We already have half a dozen other threads way off point arguing about the same stuff.

Greenwood coming off a rough win but a win nonetheless. Back to back long road games can get to players minds. If Greenwood can stay focused and get rid of costly penalties and mistakes then we should win pretty handily. Maybe 4 scores.

Benton played Eldorado close and put up a great game. Hosting the number 1 team in 6A the following week can either take the momentum away or be used as motivation. I think Benton at home is a given 10 points at least.

I'm going Greenwood 41 Benton 17 and maybe setting up a potential rematch in the semis.

bulldogger15

rona

Quote from: The Future on October 15, 2017, 04:44:56 pm
Let's try to keep this thread on topic and relevant.
We already have half a dozen other threads way off point arguing about the same stuff.

Greenwood coming off a rough win but a win nonetheless. Back to back long road games can get to players minds. If Greenwood can stay focused and get rid of costly penalties and mistakes then we should win pretty handily. Maybe 4 scores.

Benton played Eldorado close and put up a great game. Hosting the number 1 team in 6A the following week can either take the momentum away or be used as motivation. I think Benton at home is a given 10 points at least.

I'm going Greenwood 41 Benton 17 and maybe setting up a potential rematch in the semis.

Well said - But Greenwood 49-Benton 14. Benton Lost Lot of Players off of last years Defense.

High Voltage

This will be a very close game, sit back and watch. GW get's everyones best shot week in and week out.

GW - 38
Benton - 28

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

I'm inclined to lean towards what HighVoltage is saying.   I think Greenwood is everyone's State Championship Game, so we get their best shot!   If we can contain their big running back, and our offense can click, then it won't be close.  However, if they stay in the game until the 4th quarter, then GW might be in for a close one.

Greenwood  -  41
Benton  -  24

Bigfootdogfan

After looking at Bentons opp. This year and watching their games with AHS AND ED  I think this will be a closer game then most might think. I know GW  mercy ruled ED and Ed beat Benton but throw that game out and consider they played Bauxit a close game in the Salt Bowl. The scores of like opp so far this year besides ED have been very similar. Also being a home game for Benton gives them that home field advantage so it wouldn't suprise me if it is a 7 - 14 point win by GW. GW will have to be on the top of their game this week in all aspects of the game or Benton could turn this into a three way tie for the Conf. Lead considering ED wins this week. Good luck BULLDOGS !!!!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 16, 2017, 12:55:37 pm
After looking at Bentons opp. This year and watching their games with AHS AND ED  I think this will be a closer game then most might think. I know GW  mercy ruled ED and Ed beat Benton but throw that game out and consider they played Bauxit a close game in the Salt Bowl. The scores of like opp so far this year besides ED have been very similar. Also being a home game for Benton gives them that home field advantage so it wouldn't suprise me if it is a 7 - 14 point win by GW. GW will have to be on the top of their game this week in all aspects of the game or Benton could turn this into a three way tie for the Conf. Lead considering ED wins this week. Good luck BULLDOGS !!!!!!
"Closer game then most might think" ??? That's what was said about Texarkana, El Dorado, Russellville and now Benton. Benton is about to get crushed and Womack will lead the way on defense for the Bulldogs! Holt, Wood and Noland will have very big nights against the Benton defense. Look for Wood to rush for 3 TD's and Noland to throw for 3 TD's in a big Bulldog win!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

beach bum

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 16, 2017, 06:50:57 pm
"Closer game then most might think" ??? That's what was said about Texarkana, El Dorado, Russellville and now Benton. Benton is about to get crushed and Womack will lead the way on defense for the Bulldogs! Holt, Wood and Noland will have very big nights against the Benton defense. Look for Wood to rush for 3 TD's and Noland to throw for 3 TD's in a big Bulldog win!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

You might be right you probably know a lot more then I do about football. Eather way I'll just be happy with a win Friday night. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

westmem

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 16, 2017, 12:55:37 pm
After looking at Bentons opp. This year and watching their games with AHS AND ED  I think this will be a closer game then most might think. I know GW  mercy ruled ED and Ed beat Benton but throw that game out and consider they played BauxitBryant a close game in the Salt Bowl. The scores of like opp so far this year besides ED have been very similar. Also being a home game for Benton gives them that home field advantage so it wouldn't suprise me if it is a 7 - 14 point win by GW. GW will have to be on the top of their game this week in all aspects of the game or Benton could turn this into a three way tie for the Conf. Lead considering ED wins this week. Good luck BULLDOGS !!!!!!

Fixed it for you

Lumberjackfan1978

hogsanddogs

Quote from: High Voltage on October 16, 2017, 08:07:14 am
This will be a very close game, sit back and watch. GW get's everyones best shot week in and week out.

GW - 38
Benton - 28

Agreed I think Greenwood does see everyone's best shot. If Greenwood plays well not close but they need to tighten things up a bit from the past couple of weeks.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 16, 2017, 09:53:57 pm
Fixed it for you

Thanks Bauxit, Bryant, Benton, too many T's too close together. LOL!!!

High Voltage

PrivateLesson

This game could be a real barn burner.    Greenwood by 14 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 11:13:04 am #19 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:40:55 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 17, 2017, 09:56:38 am
This game could be a real barn burner.    Greenwood by 14 

It won't be that close. 

SportsReporter

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 07:02:20 pm
Benton 36 Greenwood 35
Is this some sort of joke? 42-14 Greenwood.

bulldogger15

Quote from: SportsReporter on October 17, 2017, 11:18:24 am
Is this some sort of joke? 42-14 Greenwood.
+1 Bad joke.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Wildcat Football

Benton likely loses this week and moves to solid #3 seed in West then playoffs headed to East Bracket, playing @ home Jacksonville/Marion in first round, then either @ PB or WM in 2nd round. It was clear ED team wanted the game more last week, even with 4 turnovers.  Benton's 2/3 turnovers were more costly since on their end of the field.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 17, 2017, 04:08:47 pm
Benton likely loses this week and moves to solid #3 seed in West then playoffs headed to East Bracket, playing @ home Jacksonville/Marion in first round, then either @ PB or WM in 2nd round. It was clear ED team wanted the game more last week, even with 4 turnovers.  Benton's 2/3 turnovers were more costly since on their end of the field.

Zach Morris will have to have a much better game.  Soph QB is good....but he is a Soph and it shows in some of his decision making and throws.  Eld shut Morris down and forced them to throw.  Eld also made adjustments at half to stop the screen pass.

PrivateLesson

October 18, 2017, 08:31:44 am #24 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:35:33 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 17, 2017, 11:13:04 am
It won't be that close.
You're only about 50% right.....so, we shall see!!!   :)

Are there even any Marion posters still on Fearless???

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 18, 2017, 08:31:44 am
You're only about 50% right.....so, we shall see!!!   :)

Are there even any Marion posters still on Fearless???

If GW shuts down their running game, it won't be close.  If they have to put their hopes on their young QB, then it's gonna be a long night for them.   I feel like, after the last two games of GW's offense sputtering, they will get refocused this week.  I honestly won't be surprised if it's not a mercy rule by halftime. 

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 08:55:53 am
If GW shuts down their running game, it won't be close.  If they have to put their hopes on their young QB, then it's gonna be a long night for them.   I feel like, after the last two games of GW's offense sputtering, they will get refocused this week.  I honestly won't be surprised if it's not a mercy rule by halftime.
Benton will not be mercy ruled at home.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 08:55:53 am
Greenwood didn't mercy rule Russellville.....Do you think Benton is a weaker football team than Russellville?   No doubt that I think Greenwood will win.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 09:00:28 am
Benton will not be mercy ruled at home.

Have you SEEN Greenwood this year?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 18, 2017, 09:06:09 am
Greenwood didn't mercy rule Russellville.....Do you think Benton is a weaker football team than Russellville?   No doubt that I think Greenwood will win.

Let's think about the Russellville game for a moment shall we?   The final score was 38-13.    I'll make a point and ask a question.   Point:  The one score was a 75 yard run.  How often has Greenwood given up a run like that this year?   It was a fluke.    Question:  Do you really think Greenwood was pulling out all the stops on offense in the 4th quarter?  We ran the ball 90% of the time to eat up clock.  I believe if Jones wanted to mercy rule them, it could and would have been done in the 3rd quarter.   And I think Russellville is comparable to Benton.

ArkansasBoy

Greenwood is really good team i give them that !

AHS06

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 18, 2017, 09:50:09 am
Greenwood is really good team i give them that !
+1 They aren't a dominate group that can just punish a team.  However, they are well coached, a great system, and know how to win. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 10:04:12 am
+1 They aren't a dominate group that can just punish a team.  However, they are well coached, a great system, and know how to win. 

Ask the QB from Russellville if the GW defense can punish you. 

ArkansasBoy

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 10:05:27 am
Ask the QB from Russellville if the GW defense can punish you.

Hes just fine he is actually playing this week ! and wow he picks up are qb and slams him congrats Russ was still in GW backfield some of the night  no one expected that

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 18, 2017, 10:13:44 am #34 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:24:27 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 18, 2017, 10:10:24 am
Hes just fine he is actually playing this week ! and wow he picks up are qb and slams him congrats Russ was still in GW backfield some of the night  no one expected that

We've had guys in our backfield all year.  ED, Texarkana, etc.  Not that big of a deal.  However, GW's defense was all over all 4 different QB's that Russellville threw out there.  There was no running game (outside of a 74 yard broken play).  Russellville had 125 total rushing yards.  Take away the 74 yard broken play, thats 51 yards rushing.  51!  And our secondary shut Russeville's passing game down all night.  2 interceptions. Greenwood's defense is for real.  Period.  If you've seen them play and you question that, then you honestly do not understand football.  Not bragging, just pointing out facts.  Ask any sane person from Texarkana, El Dorado, Russellville, Southside, Northside, even Fayetteville.  This defensive line is crazy good!

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 10:13:44 am
We've had guys in our backfield all year.  ED, Texarkana, etc.  Not that big of a deal.  However, GW's defense was all over all 4 different QB's that Russellville threw out there.  There was no running game (outside of a 74 yard broken play).  Russellville had 125 total rushing yards.  Take away the 74 yard broken play, thats 51 yards rushing.  51!  And our secondary shut Russeville's passing game down all night.  2 interceptions. Greenwood's defense is for real.  Period.  If you've seen them play and you question that, then you honestly do not understand football.  Not bragging, just pointing out facts.  Ask any sane person from Texarkana, El Dorado, Russellville, Southside, Northside, even Fayetteville.  This defensive line is crazy good!
GW's defense is good.  However, it is easy for your defense to defend when the opposing offense is trying to play catch-up.  It is a complete team effort.  If the pressure was on your defense I believe they'll give up some points.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 10:30:56 am
GW's defense is good.  However, it is easy for your defense to defend when the opposing offense is trying to play catch-up.  It is a complete team effort.  If the pressure was on your defense I believe they'll give up some points.

We've given up a few points here or there.  But please stop making excuses.   Our team defense is the best in 6A, and maybe top 2 or 3 in the state.  Seriously, speak with people from Texarkana, Southside, Northside, ElDorado.  Ask them about our defense.  Russellville is the only team who's fragile ego has not allowed them to admit how good GW's defense is.  I hope we meet again in the playoffs, I'd love to see what a spanking would be given out to russellville the second time.

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 10:45:12 am
We've given up a few points here or there.  But please stop making excuses.   Our team defense is the best in 6A, and maybe top 2 or 3 in the state.  Seriously, speak with people from Texarkana, Southside, Northside, ElDorado.  Ask them about our defense.  Russellville is the only team who's fragile ego has not allowed them to admit how good GW's defense is.  I hope we meet again in the playoffs, I'd love to see what a spanking would be given out to russellville the second time.
No need to speak with anyone LOL I am from Texarkana.  Northside and Southside do not validate your case of the GW defense.  There is NO DOUBT that GW has a good offense.  GW FANS who actually know football should be able to see that the defense benefits from the offense.  Which is a GOOD THING due to an overall team effort.  When opposing teams are down, become one dimensional, and in a passing situations that favors your defense. 

7AFBFAN

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 10:45:12 am

I have not seen a better defense this year. NLR had more athletes on the field and if they figure it out they would be unstoppable as well. GW is just a machine. Unstoppable in 6A from the looks of it.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 10:55:32 am
No need to speak with anyone LOL I am from Texarkana.  Northside and Southside do not validate your case of the GW defense.  There is NO DOUBT that GW has a good offense.  GW FANS who actually know football should be able to see that the defense benefits from the offense.  Which is a GOOD THING due to an overall team effort.  When opposing teams are down, become one dimensional, and in a passing situations that favors your defense. 

Good points.  BTW, i was just trying to be respectful of Northside and Southside.  ;)

7AFBFAN

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 10:55:32 am

Nor does Texarkana.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2017, 11:01:39 am
Nor does Texarkana.

ElDorado?  :)  You're makin it hard on me here 7!

7AFBFAN

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 11:04:27 am
ElDorado?  :)  You're makin it hard on me here 7!

Haha. I know a good defense when I see one. GW reminds me of a great defense that Bennie had several years back. I haven't really figured out why some of the Texarkana faithful have such a low opinion of GW talent.

AHS06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2017, 11:01:39 am
Nor does Texarkana.
Well we were not mercy ruled and had the lead at halftime.  Southside didn't scratch GW LOL

Your team probably will not make the playoffs.

AHS06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2017, 11:09:00 am
Haha. I know a good defense when I see one. GW reminds me of a great defense that Bennie had several years back. I haven't really figured out why some of the Texarkana faithful have such a low opinion of GW talent.
Please show me where someone from Texarkana has a low opinion of GW talent?  GW scheme is awesome, the defense is good, but they are aided by the offense.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 11:09:09 am
Well we were not mercy ruled and had the lead at halftime.  Southside didn't scratch GW LOL

No argument there. I think we make the playoffs though. Should win out. Stay tuned.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 11:10:50 am
Please show me where someone from Texarkana has a low opinion of GW talent?  GW scheme is awesome, the defense is good, but they are aided by the offense.

You said they won't mercy rule Benton. They have before when Benton had better teams.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 18, 2017, 11:09:09 am

Greenwood was a bit groggy from the long ride.  They woke up at half-time and not only scored 25 straight points, but also shut out the AHS offense in the second half.

Greenwood truly hasn't put together a full 4 quarters.  It'll be scary to see what will happen when they do.  Don't be surprised if it's this Friday night.

AHS06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2017, 11:14:26 am
You said they won't mercy rule Benton. They have before when Benton had better teams.
If I am not mistaking this will be GW's first trip to Benton.  The only better Benton team was in 2014 and GW didn't make it to face Benton.  I am not predicting a Benton win but considering all that is on the line and being at home, Benton will put up a fight against GW.  There will not be a mercy rule. 

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 11:20:31 am
Greenwood was a bit groggy from the long ride.  They woke up at half-time and not only scored 25 straight points, but also shut out the AHS offense in the second half.

Greenwood truly hasn't put together a full 4 quarters.  It'll be scary to see what will happen when they do.  Don't be surprised if it's this Friday night.
GW made Texarkana pay for the mental mistakes and turnovers to start the 2nd half.  At that point we are not to the level to play from behind against a team like GW.  Without those mistakes the slugfest would've continued.  A complete dismantle of Benton this Friday on the road would all but assure that GW put together 4 quarters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas