• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 7A Top Ten--Week 7

Started by Mike Bonds, October 09, 2017, 01:47:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Bryant
2.  North Little Rock
3.  Bentonville West
4.  Bentonville
5.  Springdale Har-Ber
6.  Conway
7.  Springdale
8.  Fayetteville
9.  Cabot
10.  LR Catholic

Observations:  The top 6 teams are your contenders, IMO.  The next 3 show flashes of being dangerous, but still aren't putting it together.  It gets extremely thin after that.  Bentonville showed that Har-Ber is touchable.  Conway rebounded in a big way after the loss to NLR--Cabot was never really in the game, and it makes the NLR victory over Conway look better.  Bentonville West continues to be on a roll, climbing the poll.

Razorback Red

Thanks for continuing to put this out each week.  It's not easy, but always fun to read.

I agree more with this week's poll than I have the past few, with Rogers being out of the top 10. 

We'll see what Bryant's key injury does over the next few weeks. 

If I were betting, I still think NLR plays Harber for the title, but they might end up on the same side of the bracket. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 09, 2017, 08:44:42 pm
Thanks for continuing to put this out each week.  It's not easy, but always fun to read.

I agree more with this week's poll than I have the past few, with Rogers being out of the top 10. 

If I were betting, I still think NLR plays Harber for the title, but they might end up on the same side of the bracket.

I agree that it should be NLR and Harber.

Mike Bonds

October 10, 2017, 09:02:20 am #3 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:13:35 am by Mike Bonds
Quote from: Razorback Red on October 09, 2017, 08:44:42 pm

No problem.  Part of the problem at this level is that there are few teams, and it's a case of the haves and the have nots. 

NLR and Har-Ber are pretty strong contenders.  I don't think you can count out either Bryant or Bentonville West, though.  Bryant just never seems to be able to put it together in the playoffs.  Conway really jumped on Cabot--the Panthers were never really in that game.  I'm not sure that I'd call Conway a contender, but they could cause a team to have an earlier than anticipated exit in the right matchup.

bbishop

How does it effect Bryant that their starting QB is out for at least the remainder of regular season?

Walter

I suspect our already good running game will become even better, but I also believe our backup QB can handle the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas