• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship

Started by BigMan15, September 28, 2017, 10:41:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins it this year

Earle
10 (50%)
Jacksonville Lighthouse
1 (5%)
Lavaca
1 (5%)
Clarendon
2 (10%)
Bearden
1 (5%)
WCC
4 (20%)
other
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 03, 2017, 10:41:33 am

BirdCall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 31, 2017, 05:06:13 pm
You credibility is shot, there are zero 5 star 2 guards in Arkansas. Go away now.
Moses Moody and Gerald Doakes are 5-Star two guards and they have the offers to prove it. You see how high they were ranked in the Pangos South Camp where Doakes got MVP of the top 25 game in Texas. They both have high major offers and this year in AAU ESPN along with the other rankings will for sure have them in the Top of their class. Davontae Davis is a 4Star guard that for sure will be a 5Star real soon as well but he is a PG.

BirdCall

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 31, 2017, 09:32:20 pm
Don't forget about the  Reaves brothers at Cedar Ridge his freshman year
Yea I forgot about them but they were good.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:36:37 pm
Moses Moody and Gerald Doakes are 5-Star two guards and they have the offers to prove it. You see how high they were ranked in the Pangos South Camp where Doakes got MVP of the top 25 game in Texas. They both have high major offers and this year in AAU ESPN along with the other rankings will for sure have them in the Top of their class. Davontae Davis is a 4Star guard that for sure will be a 5Star real soon as well but he is a PG.

No they are not 5* guards. Thats your opinion.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:41:21 am
Did Malik Monk have discipline just asking?
When I saw him Monk was a one man show...having seen both Doakes and Monk play, Doakes doesn't even compare.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:45:49 am
Tired of people talking about discipline lace your sneakers up head up against them and watch those guys eat you alive simple as that. A couple of other teams might have beat them last year too but did you make as far as they did in the state tournament? I think not. 2 "Freshmen" carried a team to state and loss to the eventual state champions so quit all the talking about discipline and get some skills first.
LMBO...says the guy with an undisciplined team.  Let me tell you from experience, a good disciplined team will chew him up and spit him out.  We thought we had it going on as well until a bunch of little white boys from Cedar Ridge showed us differently.

MomaLion

Quote from: trojanman on October 31, 2017, 10:15:03 am
I didnt see him play last year but a skilled player with discipline is usually better than just a skilled player.
+1000

BirdCall

Quote from: MomaLion on October 31, 2017, 11:53:48 pm
When I saw him Monk was a one man show...having seen both Doakes and Monk play, Doakes doesn't even compare.
Monk played for EPC so I highly doubt it was a one man show. EPC is known to have hoopers and a good team in general. If Doakes game doesn't resemble Monk's game then Monk sure does think so as he told the Big Blue Nation they better offer Doakes and stop playing.

BirdCall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 31, 2017, 10:15:21 pm
No they are not 5* guards. Thats your opinion.
What makes you say they aren't 5 Star guards right now? Please explain

BirdCall

Quote from: MomaLion on October 31, 2017, 11:56:31 pm
LMBO...says the guy with an undisciplined team.  Let me tell you from experience, a good disciplined team will chew him up and spit him out.  We thought we had it going on as well until a bunch of little white boys from Cedar Ridge showed us differently.
Austin Reeves beat you all by himself he is just that nice.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 10:25:38 am
ctucker you don't think for two freshmen to average 20+ points in the 2A which is a slept on division that is really good and they lead their team to a 28-7 year. They beat Guy-Perkins by 30 which could have been a bad game for Guy because everybody knows that's not like them but it happened. Yea they loss to Clarendon by 4 at Clarendon have you ever been there lol home field advantage is crazy there just saying great atmosphere. Then Clarendon went to Lighthouse and got beat by a 20 piece from McDonald's so what happened that time? They then beat a tough EPC team in state that have at least 2-3 guys playing college ball right now so you gotta give them credit they dominated the 2A for freshmen. And Earle played EPC 4 times last year 2 times they were close games. Earle won another by 10+ and EPC won 1 game by 4 so EPC obviously was pretty good matter of fact I know they were.
Talk about home field advantage, when we went there it was scary how many people were in that gym.  There were people 2 deep lining the wall behind both goals.  If it's like that this year, i'm calling the fire marshal...that was ridiculous. I've been to a ton of gyms including Hughes and Marvell and i've NEVER been scared until that night.  The area around the little gym that Lisa Academy North used was a little intimidating lol but nothing like being trapped in there like sardines.  I totally appreciate a community supporting their kids but they knew it was Sr night and really should have found a larger facility.

BirdCall

Quote from: MomaLion on November 01, 2017, 12:13:01 am
Talk about home field advantage, when we went there it was scary how many people were in that gym.  There were people 2 deep lining the wall behind both goals.  If it's like that this year, i'm calling the fire marshal...that was ridiculous. I've been to a ton of gyms including Hughes and Marvell and i've NEVER been scared until that night.  The area around the little gym that Lisa Academy North used was a little intimidating lol but nothing like being trapped in there like sardines.  I totally appreciate a community supporting their kids but they knew it was Sr night and really should have found a larger facility.
People came to see a show lol I'm sure it's prolly packed like that almost every game to see Davis and Doakes play just saying. I have played in some wild gyms to like Marianna or ABC College lol Duke would have a rough time there.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:46:00 pm
Yea I forgot about them but they were good.
Yep we caught that Cedar Ridge team the next year and they showed us how important discipline really is.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on November 01, 2017, 12:02:14 am
Monk played for EPC so I highly doubt it was a one man show. EPC is known to have hoopers and a good team in general. If Doakes game doesn't resemble Monk's game then Monk sure does think so as he told the Big Blue Nation they better offer Doakes and stop playing.
I didn't say he wasn't good, I just said he isn't Monk good.  And yes, EPC was happy to let him run.  Someone from EPC even said to us his Sophomore year I believe..."how does it feel to get beat by one man?"
Now his Freshman year he also had another really good player that I believe was a Sr...correct me if i'm wrong Bdub but that was when we had Jamarlin and y'alls guys name was similar, they had the same number and were matched up the entire game...they beat us in the semis of state that year and in the first round of state his Sophomore year.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on November 01, 2017, 12:05:17 am
Austin Reeves beat you all by himself he is just that nice.
No sir, that entire team was very good.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on November 01, 2017, 12:23:52 am
People came to see a show lol I'm sure it's prolly packed like that almost every game to see Davis and Doakes play just saying. I have played in some wild gyms to like Marianna or ABC College lol Duke would have a rough time there.
That's fine and dandy, so i'm sure the school can afford to find a larger gym to rent.  I promise I will raise a stink if it happens again.  That wasn't at all safe.  When they reach capacity, they are supposed to stop letting people in.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on November 01, 2017, 12:49:37 am
No sir, that entire team was very good.
Bird call Spencer was there big gun Austins older brother and they would have blowed Jacksonville lighthouse out they had 4 studs and another great role player.

trojanman

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:25:37 pm
Durant left OKC because he wasn't the best player on his team and didn't like how Westbrook use to be on his back all the time which is a weak move to me.  Just how Kobe killed Dwight Howard confidence when he was in LA.

Durant wanted to play team ball and not run up and down there floor and not even touch it half the time. I hate he went to a super team because I hate the super team NBA

MikelB

Quote from: MomaLion on November 01, 2017, 12:48:40 am
I didn't say he wasn't good, I just said he isn't Monk good.  And yes, EPC was happy to let him run.  Someone from EPC even said to us his Sophomore year I believe..."how does it feel to get beat by one man?"
Now his Freshman year he also had another really good player that I believe was a Sr...correct me if i'm wrong Bdub but that was when we had Jamarlin and y'alls guys name was similar, they had the same number and were matched up the entire game...they beat us in the semis of state that year and in the first round of state his Sophomore year.

Jammar "Mookie" Sturdivant is who you're talking about, he went on to play for ASU.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legitimate contender on October 31, 2017, 09:41:07 pm
Bdub60,They will be tough,They might even win it all if it wasn't for Earle. I don't see anyone beating Earle.They will more then likely go undefeated and win another title.
I doubt they go undefeated. Usually not what they try and do. Murray likes to get that PT spread around early. Then late in the season he turns up the heat

bdubyab60

Quote from: MikelB on November 02, 2017, 02:22:25 pm
Jammar "Mookie" Sturdivant is who you're talking about, he went on to play for ASU.
Mookie went his freshman year. Never hit the court

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on November 01, 2017, 12:48:40 am
Monk left EPC after his Freshman year. Jamarlin lost to EPC in the semis the year before. Sturdivant and Turner lead that team. Monk and Sturdivant beat Clarendon the next year to make the semis I believe. We beat JC in the semis to make the finals against CR.

Unless Doakes is being talked about as a one and done. Then he is not on the level of Monk. Monk was that good from 7th grade on up. He had a better team around him at EPC than he did at Bentonville, or at least a better shot at a title. Bentonville basically said here you go it's your show.

I'd have to check rating services to see if doakes is rated that high, 5 star. I don't see or haven't heard of schools holding tournaments to feature him like they did Monk either. Also haven't seen Arkansas fans saying he is a must get either. I'm sure he is good but unless he is going and dropping 50 and 60 on the top rated recruits in the nation then he's not Monk good

bdubyab60

And at any rate Earle is not a one man show and neither is Marked Tree this year. Both will be solid teams and Earle will be 12 deep by tourney time

MomaLion

Quote from: MikelB on November 02, 2017, 02:22:25 pm
Yep, it was Jammar and Jamarlin squared up against each other the whole game.

BirdCall

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 02, 2017, 11:06:42 pm
Monk left EPC after his Freshman year. Jamarlin lost to EPC in the semis the year before. Sturdivant and Turner lead that team. Monk and Sturdivant beat Clarendon the next year to make the semis I believe. We beat JC in the semis to make the finals against CR.

Unless Doakes is being talked about as a one and done. Then he is not on the level of Monk. Monk was that good from 7th grade on up. He had a better team around him at EPC than he did at Bentonville, or at least a better shot at a title. Bentonville basically said here you go it's your show.

I'd have to check rating services to see if doakes is rated that high, 5 star. I don't see or haven't heard of schools holding tournaments to feature him like they did Monk either. Also haven't seen Arkansas fans saying he is a must get either. I'm sure he is good but unless he is going and dropping 50 and 60 on the top rated recruits in the nation then he's not Monk good
Well you are right to a sense that there isn't as much buzz around Doakes as it was for Malik but also the 2020 class has so much talent from the top 7 players that it is worth talking about all of them. Like lets be real who was worth talking about in Monk senior class other than him being great? In this 2020 class Doakes,Moody,Moore,Davis,KK Robinson,Caleb London will all be high major players in college with a shot at the NBA. Kids are developing at a fast pace these days and are getting better everyday from the grind.I am just saying the guy Malik Monk himself told Calapari he better offer Doakes fast and stop playing so he obviously thinks Doakes got game to go to Kentucky.   

BirdCall

Not trying to be funny but every year Malik Monk played for the wings they were not that good so he obviously was getting all the buckets. Doakes plays with Moore,Davis and Caleb London for the Wings so ain't nobody getting 50 or 60 with all that talent around just saying. You might see one of them put up 30 or 40 but they win I think they went like 31-5 this summer in AAU and was ranked a Top 5 team in 15U overall for the summer.

bdubyab60

Don't get me wrong. I want every kid that has that kind of talent to take advantage of it. I'd prefer them to do that at Arkansas.

I really don't keep up with AAU much, except for keeping up with how monk did. But Monk did what he had to do as far as that and Bentonville goes.

Until Doakes is a one and done he's not better, jmo

BirdCall

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 03, 2017, 09:33:25 am
Don't get me wrong. I want every kid that has that kind of talent to take advantage of it. I'd prefer them to do that at Arkansas.

I really don't keep up with AAU much, except for keeping up with how monk did. But Monk did what he had to do as far as that and Bentonville goes.

Until Doakes is a one and done he's not better, jmo
Who ever said he was better than Monk lol nobody said that...I said he is falling in the footsteps to being just as good as Monk or close and a lot of people are comparing the two. Even Malik Monk thinks they have the similar game and Long, lanky build when he was this age with athletic ability and the skill to get buckets no matter who is guarding you.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BirdCall on November 03, 2017, 10:52:36 am
Who ever said he was better than Monk lol nobody said that...I said he is falling in the footsteps to being just as good as Monk or close and a lot of people are comparing the two. Even Malik Monk thinks they have the similar game and Long, lanky build when he was this age with athletic ability and the skill to get buckets no matter who is guarding you.

You got it right, the kid is FALLING (falling down) in monks footsteps. Maybe you meant FOLLOWING, but that would be wrong as well.

Maybe you should pay more attention in school so you could learn to form proper sentences and as the proper words.

BirdCall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2017, 12:32:26 pm
You got it right, the kid is FALLING (falling down) in monks footsteps. Maybe you meant FOLLOWING, but that would be wrong as well.

Maybe you should pay more attention in school so you could learn to form proper sentences and as the proper words.
Yea so I messed up on my words.Who died and made you an English teacher? I just don't see why people hate on Doakes so much but the hate will stop after next summer is over.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BirdCall on November 03, 2017, 11:57:23 pm
Yea so I messed up on my words.Who died and made you an English teacher? I just don't see why people hate on Doakes so much but the hate will stop after next summer is over.

Nobody is hating on the kid. But YOU are on here spouting all kinds of nonsense. If you would just shut up with all the 5* future NBA star talk and let the experts that do those things for a living say it first, things would be better. Heck he can't even play this year, so that will for sure hurt him.

SouthBall

Quote from: bear for life on October 14, 2017, 04:02:33 pm
Wishful thinking trojans bears roll
I know this was said awhile ago but how bout that Fordyce tournament  ;)

ISU7

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:25:37 pm
Durant left OKC because he wasn't the best player on his team and didn't like how Westbrook use to be on his back all the time which is a weak move to me.  Just how Kobe killed Dwight Howard confidence when he was in LA.
KD 2017 NBA FINALS MVP. Enough said.🏀🏆🏆💍

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas