• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena @ Malvern - PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE!

Started by FootBallar21, September 25, 2017, 06:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FootBallar21

Should be a big game,  and most likely will decide who makes the playoffs as the 5th seed and who stays home. 
I think Mena will bounce back and win a close game,  and find a way to get Dean more touches who should be the best player on the field. 

Mena 27
Malvern 21

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 25, 2017, 06:50:03 pm
Should be a big game,  and most likely will decide who makes the playoffs as the 5th seed and who stays home. 
I think Mena will bounce back and win a close game,  and find a way to get Dean more touches who should be the best player on the field. 

Mena 27
Malvern 21

This is the greenwood/6a board?

beaverfan007

They gotta stop jimmerson and that'll be hard

modder

FootBallar21

Quote from: AirWarren on September 25, 2017, 07:09:53 pm
This is the greenwood/6a board?

is this post about the arrogant team from 8-4A that is struggling this year ? 

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 26, 2017, 08:52:09 am

Man... I bet 95% of 4A would like to struggle like warren.. lol

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 26, 2017, 08:52:09 am

Struggling haha.

FootBallar21

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2017, 09:04:02 am
Struggling haha.

Warren is just lucky they are not in the 7-4A this season .   I don't think they are on the level or Arkadelphia , Ashdown , or Robinson .

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 26, 2017, 09:06:08 am
Warren is just lucky they are not in the 7-4A this season .   I don't think they are on the level or Arkadelphia , Ashdown , or Robinson .

You're the GuvHog of western Arkansas.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 26, 2017, 09:06:08 am

I think this may be the case as well. But they probably won't be tested again until round 2 of the playoffs seeing as the 8-4A is as weak as it's ever been.

nomorewhining

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 25, 2017, 06:50:03 pm

Mena 27
Malvern 21

I'd be willing to bet that any game that Jimmerson plays in, he will be the best player on the field

FootBallar21

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 26, 2017, 10:14:51 am
I'd be willing to bet that any game that Jimmerson plays in, he will be the best player on the field

Does he have D-1 offers?  I am just curious because Dean is a special talent,  but last week vs Ashdown ,  Dean was probably barly top 5 with the kids out there and I know there is a ton of talent in the 7-4A

beaverfan007

nomorewhining

Somebody said Jimmerson had interest from Ohio St.......but academics were the hold up on offers.

I just know that he is a phenomenal  athlete...... not to take anything away from Dean.

FootBallar21

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 27, 2017, 08:27:54 am
Somebody said Jimmerson had interest from Ohio St.......but academics were the hold up on offers.

I just know that he is a phenomenal  athlete...... not to take anything away from Dean.

Yeah he very well could be,  Dean is extremely good,  but he sounds elite as well.    Should be a great game. 

sackcity54

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 27, 2017, 12:00:32 pm
Yeah he very well could be,  Dean is extremely good,  but he sounds elite as well.    Should be a great game.
According to AR Next Level, Dean is visiting Arkansas this weekend. Hopefully the kid embraces the recruiting process. It's a fun time that not everybody gets to experience, shouldn't be taken for granted. Hopefully he'll keep on keeping on this Friday.

Nacho

Mena in a blow out. Mercy rule so let's say for fun 35-0

soccerman

I think Mena walks away with a comfortable win... 42- 20

FootBallar21

Quote from: Nacho on September 28, 2017, 01:55:53 pm
Mena in a blow out. Mercy rule so let's say for fun 35-0

Waldron hung around and put up points and so did Hot Springs.   I think if you look at the amount of points Malvern has been point up it would not be smart to think they will be shut out.     Honestly the more and more I look at the numbers I start to lean towards Malvern getting the W.   Mena's only decent win so far was against a Jekyll and hyde Dequeen team.    Waldron is Waldron and Hot Springs isn't very good this year.   

This game will be high scoring and if Mena plays like they did last week vs Ashdown there is no doubt in my mind they will lose again.     

New prediction Malvern 34 - Mena 38

Burks

September 28, 2017, 06:02:51 pm #19 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:47:20 pm by Burks
Losing to Bauxite I think doomed the Leopards chances of even making the playoffs. With Ashdown, Arkadelphia, Nashville and Robinson still on the schedule how do they make it? Unless Y'all suspect Bauxite is done winning for the season?

FBfan79

Saw on twitter, Malvern leads 14-6.  Halftime. Please win Leopards!

FBfan79

FBfan79

FoxandHound34

Yea just saw the video on Twitter. Jimmerson launched a 51 yard bomb through the air with no time left and they kicked the xp Malvern Wins

~WPS~

FBfan79

RyanLR

Malvern is going to be known as the heart attack Cats before the season is over.

Wahls

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 29, 2017, 10:06:25 pm
Yea just saw the video on Twitter. Jimmerson launched a 51 yard bomb through the air with no time left and they kicked the xp Malvern Wins

That was an absolutely perfectly thrown ball.

Here's the vid: https://twitter.com/MartinCouch7/status/913956252329406464

FootBallar21

This was a great game,  with both teams lead by their star players.    Mena had HORRIBLE luck the entire first half and found themselves down 14-6.    They came out the 2nd half and tied it up quickly and then with 50 seconds left Dean broke a huge run up the middle for Mena and broke a couple tackles and took it to the house.     I was watching this game on my phone as I was at the Greenwood / Eldorado game so I don't know why Mena was going for 2 all game,   But they lined up went for 2 again and this time it failed.  Making the score 28-22 Mena with around 50 seconds left in the game.    Malvern didn't have a ton of success and was down to 10-11 seconds,   when Jimmerson launced that hail marry to tie the game.    I know it looks like horrible coverage, I just think Mena was so worried about him running the ball again they didn't even blitz anyone and just played contain on him and it bit them in the rear.    Mena had horrible secondary play the entire game with WR's breaking open a lot of times though it was on plays that Jimmerson extended with his legs.   
This was a great game a game Mena should of won,  but my hat goes off to Malvern they played their heart out and came away with the victory keeping their playoff hopes alive.   

Playoff outlook -  Assuming Malvern loses to Arkadelphia, Ashdown, and Robinson.   they will need to beat Nashville to have a shot to make or win a tie breaker for the 4th or 5th seed

Mena now must try to rebound from a heart breaking loss.   Their road to the playoffs now almost certainly has to have ROAD wins at Bauxite and at Nashville,  a very tough task but I truely feel all 4 of these teams in the middle of the 7-4A are very similar in talent and solid teams.   It would not surprise me if 2 or 3 teams tie for the 4th or 5th playoff spots.
Mena really drew the short in of the stick on this though with all 3 of their games they needed to win coming on the road. 

Wahls

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 29, 2017, 10:49:19 pmI know it looks like horrible coverage, I just think Mena was so worried about him running the ball again they didn't even blitz anyone and just played contain on him and it bit them in the rear.

On what planet would you even consider blitzing an extremely mobile quarterback with 5 seconds left and 60 yards to go?

The coverage WAS horrible, and there is NO logical reason to blitz him there. If the coverage is played even remotely correctly, it's a non issue.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 10:58:29 pm
On what planet would you even consider blitzing an extremely mobile quarterback with 5 seconds left and 60 yards to go?

The coverage WAS horrible, and there is NO logical reason to blitz him there. If the coverage is played even remotely correctly, it's a non issue.

Thats it they didn't blitz,   They just played contain,  and didn't have 2 deep safeties for some reason,  it was horrible coverage but they didn't blitz.     I don't think Craig Bently would of made this mistake as D coordinator just saying. . . .  SMH.   

Wahls

I'm saying that blitzing there is a terrible idea and doesn't make any sense.

ESPECIALLY against a guy as fast as Jimerson.

FootBallar21

click on the link watch the video,  they didn't blitz,  so are you saying it was good coverage then since they didn't blitz?

Wahls

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 29, 2017, 11:13:33 pm
click on the link watch the video,  they didn't blitz,  so are you saying it was good coverage then since they didn't blitz?

Are you drunk?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 11:15:27 pm
Are you drunk?
He's already invaded the 4A-4 threads and informed us how Mena will make short workings of us after making the move next year. I feel he's a "functional alcoholic," and I look forward to many nights of fun, discussing their domination. :)

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 11:07:06 pm
I'm saying that blitzing there is a terrible idea and doesn't make any sense.

ESPECIALLY against a guy as fast as Jimerson.

They didnt even rush on the last play.  D-line just played contain in the pocket.  Never got past the LOS

bearcat33

That one ridiculous nobody rushing.  What a joke

FootBallar21

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 11:15:27 pm
Are you drunk?

watch the video,   no one rushed him ,  so HOW IN THIS PLANET IS THAT A BLITZ ????

bearcat33

Worst thing you can do on a hail mary is have 3 DL just stand there and not move.  I am still in shock

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bearcat33 on October 02, 2017, 03:26:44 pm
Worst thing you can do on a hail mary is let any WR get behind you 3 DL just stand there and not move.  I am still in shock

FIFY

FootBallar21

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 02, 2017, 03:37:28 pm
FIFY
Both were bad,    Mena should of had 3 deep safeties standing as far as they thought Jimez could throw the ball,   and at least blitz 3 Fast DL.      and drop the other 5 players into a BIG CUSHION MAN TO MAN,  I have no idea why that wasn't the call!   

BigLion10

bearcat33

I would send 5 on any hail mary.  Coaches get bit on it all the time by rushing 3.  If you put pressure he has no time to throw a deep ball and WR's have no time to get there

Wahls

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 01, 2017, 11:49:58 am
watch the video,   no one rushed him ,  so HOW IN THIS PLANET IS THAT A BLITZ ????

YOU WERE THE ONE SAYING THEY SHOULD HAVE BLITZED. I WAS SAYING THAT WAS A DUMB IDEA.

ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS, ARE YOU SOBER YET?

FootBallar21

Quote from: Wahls on October 14, 2017, 12:04:17 am
YOU WERE THE ONE SAYING THEY SHOULD HAVE BLITZED. I WAS SAYING THAT WAS A DUMB IDEA.

ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS, ARE YOU SOBER YET?

You never made any sense,   I was saying you don't have them stand there, I didn't say blitz,  but the 3 or 4 D lineman should of rushed,  thats not a blitz!   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas