• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood Bulldogs vs Sands Springs Sandites (Replacing Alma Airedales)

Started by bulldogger15, September 21, 2017, 05:36:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogger15

Well it looks like Ricky Don Jones looked to Oklahoma's Class 6A Division II to replace the Crawford County Cowards on the Greenwood Bulldogs football schedule for the next two years. No contract signed yet for this home and away series according to my trusty Southwest Times Record newspaper and their keen eye for detail, but I imagine everything will get finalized soon.

The Bulldogs also keep non-conference Northside and Southside for the forseable future.

We did upgrade our opponent, but to my utter disbelief, we downgraded our oppositions mascot drastically from the ultra aggressive, never give up, Airedale to a lowly "Sandite". According to the Sand Springs Public Schools website a "Sandite" is: "To set the record straight, a "Sandite" is not a small beach dwelling insect.  That would be a Sandmite.  Now being comfortable with what a Sandite is not, the question still remains:  What is a Sandite?

Obviously, a Sandite could be anyone who is a student or a graduate of the Sand Springs School System. That definition is merely superficial.  At a deeper level, a Sandite is someone who embraces the motto of Charles Page High School:  Character-Pride-Honor-Scholarship.  Unfortunately, this definition falls short as well.

No definition of Sandite is complete without a reference to the curiosity, compassion, perseverance, and philanthropy that was instilled in us by our community's benefactor, Charles Page.  Moreover, the definition of Sandite must include the pursuit of excellence:  be it in the classroom, in the club room, in the choir loft, in the orchestra pit, on the stage, on the athletic field, or on the streets.

Hopefully, after observing our schools, you will be inspired to respond to the question, "What is a Sandite?" with:

THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE."

Ugggg..... Please dear lord, I hope the Sandites live stream works better than ours, even though their mascot is terrible.

This should be a great addition for the Greenwood Bulldogs and we'll need to get the Sandites ready for Fearless Friday over the next couple of years. Can't wait....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

Sandites. Haven't heard that one. Haven't ever even typed that. My phone autocorrected to sandy tea.
This made me think. I think the most unusual mascot name we have here in Arkansas is the wampus cats. Or maybe the boll weevil from U of A Monticello.
I googled unusual mascot names for high schools across the country. Was not disappointed.

Alaska: Aniak Halfbreeds
Connecticut: Avon Old Farm Winged Beavers
Florida: Laural Hill Hoboes
Georgia:Cairo Syrupmakers
Illinois: Freeburg Midgets   After a David vs Goliath win they went with the name
Louisiana: Crowley Ladies and Gentlemen    Confused on this one too
Minnesota: Blooming Prarie Awesome Blossums
Mississippi: Stanislaus Rock a Chaws
Ohio: Crooksville Ceramics
Tennessee: Webb Feet   You read that right.
West Virginia: Poca Dots  you read that right too.
Wisconsin: Kaukauna Galloping Ghosts

There were a handful of more ones that made your eyebrow raise but these I thought were the most unusual.
I checked. These are all current and active high school mascots.
Gotta say though. These are good ones. But I will always like the Deaf Leopards of the Arkansas School for the deaf.

Almahasbeen

ALMA-National Rank 1556

SAND SPRINGS-National Rank 3714

Yup, opponent upgrade, maybe they'll give y'all 15 year of non stop winning.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 21, 2017, 05:36:15 am
Well it looks like Ricky Don Jones looked to Oklahoma's Class 6A Division II to replace the Crawford County Cowards

Alma played anything but Cowardly but I'm sure you are just being sarcastic.

This should be a great addition for the Greenwood Bulldogs and we'll need to get the Sandites ready for Fearless Friday over the next couple of years. Can't wait....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

I doubt Oklahoma High Schools know anything of Fearless Friday since it covers Arkansas BUT you can help them find out, Bulldogger!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Almahasbeen on September 21, 2017, 08:35:52 am
ALMA-National Rank 1556

If the Sandites do not perform like we expect AlmaNeverWas, we can always come back to face the Crawford County Cowards. I think Sand Springs rankings over a wider sample show a much improved opponent compared to Alma.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 10:02:10 am
Alma played anything but Cowardly but I'm sure you are just being sarcastic.

I doubt Oklahoma High Schools know anything of Fearless Friday since it covers Arkansas BUT you can help them find out, Bulldogger!!
That's the point Privates Lesson. Thanks for catching up...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Hogman2018

Almahasbeen

bullpupper15 can't even spell class, my only question is, if they don't perform and y'all come back to us cowards. Would y'all be upgrading or downgrading?

bulldogger15

Quote from: Almahasbeen on September 21, 2017, 03:06:36 pm
bullpupper15 can't even spell class, my only question is, if they don't perform and y'all come back to us cowards. Would y'all be upgrading or downgrading?
Definitely downgrading. No doubt.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 21, 2017, 03:05:11 pm
Hey Bulldogger why dont you show a little CLASS!!
Hey Hogman2018, chin up princess. You don't want that tiara falling off now do ya?

CLASS, really? At what point did someone make you the CLASS cop?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Drive past three teams that would whip you [Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union) to play a team that PA jacked by 38 points.

Yep, that's a real character builder...smh

#PAaintskeered

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 21, 2017, 04:24:18 pm
Drive past three teams that would whip you [Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union) to play a team that PA jacked by 38 points.

Yep, that's a real character builder...smh

#PAaintskeered
There's a fine line between character building and soul searching Stinkbait. I know which one your Mavs are doing!

Don't you have some exhaust hoods to clean? Stay in your lane....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

Bulldogger15 and Baitshop now there is a pair. We should put them in a post all to themselves and let them go at it. It never fails these two hijack and wreck most threads that have anything to do with Greenwood.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 21, 2017, 05:22:29 pm
Bulldogger15 and Baitshop now there is a pair. We should put them in a post all to themselves and let them go at it. It never fails these two hijack and wreck most threads that have anything to do with Greenwood.
Bigfootdogfan, you should never cast stones in a glass house.

"Wreck"? Ha! Oh, I forgot how much insight and knowledge you bring to all threads. You should change your handle to Obamafootdogfan.

Delusional....at best!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

PrivateLesson

Pr8hd

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 07:00:20 pm
I don't know who you are, either but Welcome To Fearless! 

My guess is it's ole Bigfoot 2.0 , so I don't think he's new.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 21, 2017, 08:17:40 pm
My guess is it's ole Bigfoot 2.0 , so I don't think he's new.

Oh, I hope!   He's a good poster!   That would explain how he knows Baitshop.   I wonder what happened to fnu inu? 

Bigfootdogfan

Yes it's old Bigfoot, moved to LR and had to set up new account because my email address changed, but I still know how to pull chains. LOL!!!!! Bait doesn't swallow the hook like Bulldogger15 does, maybe he will learn. LOL!!!!!!! Just because I moved doesn't mean I quit supporting the Bulldogs. Once a TRUE BULLDOG always a Bulldog. Oh yea ALMA SUCKS!!!!!

RDâ„¢

Don't like the new opponent.

Plenty of other options that Greenwood could've looked at and better quality opponents at that.

In Arkansas
-Bentonville Westside
-Van Buren (yes I know they aren't up to par)
-Rogers Heritage
-cough err uhhmm..Pulaski Academy (those games are fun)

In Oklahoma
-Bixby
-Broken Bow
-Oolagah
-Stilwater
-Muskogee

All my personal opinion of course.

PA Dad

Quote from: RDâ„¢ on September 21, 2017, 08:54:44 pm
Don't like the new opponent.

Plenty of other options that Greenwood could've looked at and better quality opponents at that.

In Arkansas
-Bentonville Westside
-Van Buren (yes I know they aren't up to par)
-Rogers Heritage
-cough err uhhmm..Pulaski Academy (those games are fun)

In Oklahoma
-Bixby
-Broken Bow
-Oolagah
-Stilwater
-Muskogee

All my personal opinion of course.

I wouldlove to see a GW/PA series.  I know both Jones and Kelley want the best OOC competition they can find.  Why can't we make it happen?

RDâ„¢

Ugggg..... Please dear lord, I hope the Sandites live stream works better than ours, even though their mascot is terrible.

I don't like you. If you knew the work it took that goes into that stream you'd be a little more thankful. Our live stream works great. One small technical deficiency last week and they now have that fixed. Just be thankful we have this.

RDâ„¢

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 08:57:31 pm
I would to see a GW/PA series.  I know both Jones and Kelley want the best OOC competition they can find.  Why can't we make it happen?
I've heard legends/rumors/stories/barber shop talk of why it can't happen/logistics....regardless

If we return to 5A

I look forward to the Greenwood / Pulaski Academy battles. That is Chess Match 101 for Headcoaches in Arkansas

Baitshop

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 08:57:31 pm
I wouldlove to see a GW/PA series.  I know both Jones and Kelley want the best OOC competition they can find.  Why can't we make it happen?

At least half of your last statement is true. If you think that Sallisaw, Poteau, Lift for Life are  strong, OOC, character builders....

#PAaintskeered

PA Dad

Quote from: Baitshop on September 21, 2017, 09:31:29 pm
At least half of your last statement is true. If you think that Sallisaw, Poteau, Lift for Life are  strong, OOC, character builders....

#PAaintskeered

Surely you're not suggesting that GW is scared of PA?  That's blasphemy!

Seriously, the GW/PA games are always barnbarners.  The 2006 championship game was the best game I've ever seen at any level.  It's the only time I've seen Kelley make a mistake that probably cost him the game.

I'd love to hear Bulldogger15's excuses.

Bigfootdogfan

The PA- GW games aren't over, we will meet up again. Winners playing winners!!!!!!! I look forward to more games like we had with PA, more exciting then the last how many years with ALMA and South Side. Right Bait???? As far as Bulldoger goes we saw what he was all about the last couple of years on here.  A leopard doesn't change his spots. RD as far as our live stream I know most of us are very greatfull for it. I for one know all the work and effort that the crew puts in to make it happen. If it weren't for them I wouldn't get to see many of the 7-8-9-JV and varsity games. Watched our Jr. High game tonight, many good looking athletes on that team. GO BULLDOGS BEAT TEXARKANA .

Baitshop

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 09:40:21 pm

Seriously, the GW/PA games are always barnbarners.  The 2006 championship game was the best game I've ever seen at any level.  It's the only time I've seen Kelley make a mistake that probably cost him the game.

Let me ask you this PA dad, if Coach Rick Jones calls Coach Kelly and asks him if he wants to play a non-conference game home and away, does Kelly say yes or no?

PA Dad

Quote from: Baitshop on September 21, 2017, 11:26:15 pm
Let me ask you this PA dad, if Coach Rick Jones calls Coach Kelly and asks him if he wants to play a non-conference game home and away, does Kelly say yes or no?

Absolutely yes.  Kelley loves to test his teams against the best competition he can find.  That's evident from the OOC schedule he's played ( East Salt Lake,  Dallas Highland Park, Chaminade, Memphis University), and the series scheduled with Harber the next two years.

Greenwood is certainly quality competition.  Kelley would agree in a minute.

And I think Jones would too.  I'm puzzled why this hasn't happened.  The PA/GW games have been classics.

Bigfootdogfan

Bait if you want to know why they aren't playing each other then call Jones or Kelly. All we can do is speculate.

Baitshop

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 09:40:21 pm

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 21, 2017, 11:52:52 pm
Bait if you want to know why they aren't playing each other then call Jones or Kelly. All we can do is speculate.

My opinion is that the calls to Poteau, Sallisaw, Lift for Life, and Sand Springs instead of PA answers that question.

The only team (HarBer) that beat Greenwood decisively was immediately dropped after the initial two year agreement....

Bigfootdogfan

There you go Bait, speculating again, want to know for sure, make the call.

Baitshop

You got CRJ's cell number for me..??..??

*PADad, do you have the hookup with Coach Kelly on that end?*

PA Dad

Quote from: Baitshop on September 22, 2017, 09:16:04 am
You got CRJ's cell number for me..??..??

*PADad, do you have the hookup with Coach Kelly on that end?*

We're not busom buddies but I can sure get the message to him.  He visits these boards occasionally so he may already have it.

PrivateLesson

Maybe ol' Bulldogger15 can call them both!  lol!   That would be a conversation worth listening in on!  :)

Bigfootdogfan

You don't need his CELL number, you can reach him via Greenwood public schools athletic Dep. 479-996-4142.

Pr8hd

I am not thrilled with the OOC selection, but since they didn't ask me I guess my opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the coach and AD doing their jobs. CRJ seems to have an affinity towards the OK schools since he spent so much time there and has lots of connections.

I would have rather seen a Webb City Cardinals or even a PA match-up personally. I trust CRJ knows what's best though.

Terrible name for a team though...Sandite. I guess the "Sea Lice" was trademarked. SMH  :-X

AIREDALE25

Well it looks like Ricky Don Jones looked to Oklahoma's Class 6A Division II to replace the Crawford County Cowards on the Greenwood Bulldogs football schedule for the next two years. No contract signed yet for this home and away series according to my trusty Southwest Times Record newspaper and their keen eye for detail, but I imagine everything will get finalized soon.

The Bulldogs also keep non-conference Northside and Southside for the forseable future.

We did upgrade our opponent, but to my utter disbelief, we downgraded our oppositions mascot drastically from the ultra aggressive, never give up, Airedale to a lowly "Sandite". According to the Sand Springs Public Schools website a "Sandite" is: "To set the record straight, a "Sandite" is not a small beach dwelling insect.  That would be a Sandmite.  Now being comfortable with what a Sandite is not, the question still remains:  What is a Sandite?

Obviously, a Sandite could be anyone who is a student or a graduate of the Sand Springs School System. That definition is merely superficial.  At a deeper level, a Sandite is someone who embraces the motto of Charles Page High School:  Character-Pride-Honor-Scholarship.  Unfortunately, this definition falls short as well.

No definition of Sandite is complete without a reference to the curiosity, compassion, perseverance, and philanthropy that was instilled in us by our community's benefactor, Charles Page.  Moreover, the definition of Sandite must include the pursuit of excellence:  be it in the classroom, in the club room, in the choir loft, in the orchestra pit, on the stage, on the athletic field, or on the streets.

Hopefully, after observing our schools, you will be inspired to respond to the question, "What is a Sandite?" with:

THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE."

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Crawford County Cowards? Really HA! Alright we will see you in 2020 hopefully, and maybe by then we will finally snap the 13 year win streak. Good Luck travel all the way up towards Tulsa one year i assume.
GO AIREDALES!!!!

AIREDALE25

Quote from: Almahasbeen on September 21, 2017, 08:35:52 am
ALMA-National Rank 1556

THANK YOU! Exactly what I thought

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 22, 2017, 10:03:47 am
I am not thrilled with the OOC selection, but since they didn't ask me I guess my opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the coach and AD doing their jobs. CRJ seems to have an affinity towards the OK schools since he spent so much time there and has lots of connections.

I would have rather seen a Webb City Cardinals or even a PA match-up personally. I trust CRJ knows what's best though.

Terrible name for a team though...Sandite. I guess the "Sea Lice" was trademarked. SMH  :-X
+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 21, 2017, 08:49:51 pm
Yes it's old Bigfoot, moved to LR and had to set up new account because my email address changed, but I still know how to pull chains. LOL!!!!! Bait doesn't swallow the hook like Bulldogger15 does, maybe he will learn. LOL!!!!!!! Just because I moved doesn't mean I quit supporting the Bulldogs. Once a TRUE BULLDOG always a Bulldog. Oh yea ALMA SUCKS!!!!!
+1 Yes they do.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

I like ALMA also but all Greenwood Bulldogs like beating ALMA. LOL!!!! We will play them again and win , lose or draw it will be fun but until then ALMA Sucks!!!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 09:59:28 am
Maybe ol' Bulldogger15 can call them both!  lol!   That would be a conversation worth listening in on!  :)
I just spoke to Coach Jones and Coach Kelly. They have no interest in scheduling to play each other again unless it just happens to work out. They both stated something about lightning in a bottle or something to that effect.

Coach Jones and Coach Kelly DID agree to a home and away two match series of mud wrestlin between Baitshop and PA Dad! The first mud wrestlin match is scheduled to take place in Greenwood on the town square at high noon on December 24th, 2017. Coach Jones will be the referee while Coach Kelly serves as the ring announcer. The roles will switch for Jones and Kelly the following year when the mud wrestlin match is held at the Little Rock River Market. Looks like Baitshop and PA Dad have just a few short months to train up for the first of two epic slopfests!

And yes, everyone can consider Christmas IS coming a day earlier this year.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Hogman2018

Bigfootdogfan

The answer to the last post, he isn't a IDIOT but his post can get a little idiotic at times. Remember all in fun , pull each other's chains hoping they will take the bait. You just did. Lol!!!!!

bulldogger15

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 22, 2017, 02:03:23 pm
I just spoke to Coach Jones and Coach Kelly. They have no interest in scheduling to play each other again unless it just happens to work out. They both stated something about lightning in a bottle or something to that effect.

Coach Jones and Coach Kelly DID agree to a home and away two match series of mud wrestlin between Baitshop and PA Dad! The first mud wrestlin match is scheduled to take place in Greenwood on the town square at high noon on December 24th, 2017. Coach Jones will be the referee while Coach Kelly serves as the ring announcer. The roles will switch for Jones and Kelly the following year when the mud wrestlin match is held at the Little Rock River Market. Looks like Baitshop and PA Dad have just a few short months to train up for the first of two epic slopfests!

And yes, everyone can consider Christmas IS coming a day earlier this year.

GO MAVERICKS!!!

PFFFT.....Everybody knows that me and PA Dad are too pretty to be wrasslin' in Bulldiggity15's livin' room....

#PA/STILLaintskeered

#KellysaidYES

#HarBerwouldtoo

#Pocolamightplay

#is8manfootballnext

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 22, 2017, 04:07:05 pm
PFFFT.....Everybody knows that me and PA Dad are too pretty to be wrasslin' in Bulldiggity15's livin' room....

#PA/STILLaintskeered

#KellysaidYES

#HarBerwouldtoo

#Pocolamightplay

#is8manfootballnext
+1 LOL

Bigfootdogfan

Ha Baitshop, good luck tonight in Conway hope the Mavs get a win tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas