• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which team is your favorite other than yours?

Started by PA Dad, September 20, 2017, 10:50:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

September 20, 2017, 10:50:40 pm Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:58:12 pm by PA Dad
Let's do something different.  What team, other than yours, is your favorite and why?

Mine is Harrison for two reasons.  First is Posty.  He's a great poster.  Always positive and his graphics are great.  You just have to like Harrison after reading his posts.  And, if we're honest, our perception of other teams is influenced by the posters on this board.  I don't remember a single negative poster from Harrison.

The second reason is I think Harrison is a beautiful city in a beautiful part of the state.

Chief_Osceola™

So, with that being said - what is your perception of Maumelle??  :)

As to the topic at hand, my second favorite team would be Booneville.  My wife is a Booneville native, and they have a long, rich tradition on the football field.  And they're still running the same 6 plays since back when they wore leather helmets.  And on that note, that's pretty much blasphemy, as I'm from Clarksville originally and the 2 schools HATED each other in high school.  That was back when C'ville had great football and basketball programs though.  Humble brag aside, my other second favorite team is Clarksville.  My longtime friend and classmate is now the head coach over there, and he will bring them back out of the cellar.  He's already doing great things over there.

beach bum

I like Postal too. He every once in a blue moon will post on the soccer thread in "General Sports" at the bottom of fearless and I enjoy when his random posts show up in the soccer thread. There are only like 7 or 8 of us that routinely post there. He would add some more needed spunk and flare for us if he did post more down there.

beach bum

In 2A I jumped on the Mount Ida bandwagon.... Their enrollment actually puts them at 1A in other sports outside of football and they still have some dominant teams from time to time with just a bunch of kids from the hills of the Ouachita Mountains all while running a vanilla offense for today's time. All about the execution and toughness.

PA Dad

September 20, 2017, 11:35:42 pm #4 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:41:08 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 20, 2017, 11:24:15 pm
So, with that being said - what is your perception of Maumelle??  :)

As to the topic at hand, my second favorite team would be Booneville.  My wife is a Booneville native, and they have a long, rich tradition on the football field.  And they're still running the same 6 plays since back when they wore leather helmets.  And on that note, that's pretty much blasphemy, as I'm from Clarksville originally and the 2 schools HATED each other in high school.  That was back when C'ville had great football and basketball programs though.  Humble brag aside, my other second favorite team is Clarksville.  My longtime friend and classmate is now the head coach over there, and he will bring them back out of the cellar.  He's already doing great things over there.

I like Maumelle and the Maumelle posters.  I don't remember a single negative or boastful poster from Maumelle.  And, by the way, you don't have Posty's graphics but you are always positive in your posts.  I admire that.

I've ranked Maumelle in my top ten at the beginning of the year the last couple of years and been disappointed.  But, I still pull for you and hope you have a great season.

Chief_Osceola™

September 20, 2017, 11:41:10 pm #5 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:45:46 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: PA Dad on September 20, 2017, 11:35:42 pm
I like Maumelle and the Maumelle posters.  I don't remember a single negative or boastful poster from Maumelle.

I think there are 2 of us.  Me and mijally.  72113 has posted in the past, but I haven't seen anything from him in ages.

QuoteAnd, by the way, you don't have Posty's graphics but you are always positive in your posts.  I admire that.

Nobody compares to Go Postal's graphics.  The best I can do is borrow .gifs created by those with the knowledge and tools to do so.  I'm also probably the worst picker of scores on the board. 

QuoteI've ranked Maumelle in my top ten at the beginning of the year the last couple of years and been disappointed.  But, I still pull for you and hope you have a great season.

I bought into the fool's gold too, especially after the good runs from the previous 2 seasons.  Something just never did click though after Coach Buchan retired, and I can't quite put my finger on it.  It wasn't the coaches or the players; there was just something off.  Maybe it was a bit of both never having great chemistry, I don't know.  I think we're headed back in the right direction though.  Hopefully.

RoadWarrior

I became a fan of Greenwood after watching the episode on YouTube about how Coach Jones runs his program. He gets those young men to by into his system and produces every single year. They may have a couple of future college players on their team however for the most part his championship teams were made up with just normal kids who just fight every single night.

Intelligentsia

If it's 5-A, it has to be Blytheville.  The conditions in which many/most of those kids are raised causes me to pull for them when they play anyone other than Batesville.  Even when playing the Pioneers, I want them to play well, just not prevail.😎. My other team is Cave City, out of home town allegiance.

redsport27

Setting aside White Hall, I have to go with the 6a neighbor Pine Bluff. I admire the exciting football they bring to the table year after year. They represent Jefferson county well.

Yellowcake

7A--Rogers Mounties (alma mater)
6A--Pine Bluff (not many great stories come out of there and the town has lost much, so I love when they succeed. Plus, they have the greatest band in the state. You gotta see PB's band roll into the stadium at away games.)
5A--Harrison and Morrilton. It used to be Batesville, but someone has made that difficult for me.
4A--Pea Ridge (NWA allegiance)
3A--the underdog in the state championship game
2A--Rison, hands down. Then Danville. Lots of friends from both places. And if you have never been between the hedges at a Rison game, you are missing out.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 21, 2017, 08:08:52 am
7A--Rogers Mounties (alma mater)
6A--Pine Bluff (not many great stories come out of there and the town has lost much, so I love when they succeed. Plus, they have the greatest band in the state. You gotta see PB's band roll into the stadium at away games.)
5A--Harrison and Morrilton. It used to be Batesville, but someone has made that difficult for me.
4A--Pea Ridge (NWA allegiance)
3A--the underdog in the state championship game
2A--Rison, hands down. Then Danville. Lots of friends from both places. And if you have never been between the hedges at a Rison game, you are missing out.

I have no clue who that would be.

Maynard G Krebs

sevenof400

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 21, 2017, 08:20:47 am
Mirror, mirror, on the wall 😀

Wall of voodoo, you mean? 

(oh wait, wrong thread)   ;D

The Future

Great idea for a thread!

Well as a lot in Greenwood would say, I'm a big Alma fan every week of the year except Greenwood Alma week. I hope they go deep in the playoffs this year.
Guess Harrison is the state fav haha. I've always enjoyed watching Harrison play. Their colors and mascot name and atmosphere at crooked creek back in the day was just awesome.
Morrilton I'd say would be another one.
Really just the ol 5A West back in the day lol.
I wouldn't say they're a favorite but when the battle of Rogers Ave comes up every year I always find myself cheering for Northside just because they have only beaten Southside like two or three times since 2000.

Overdahill

Warren, they always come to play, they play with whatever they've got and don't complain about what they don't have, their fans are knowledgeable, hospitable, and respectful of their opponents and the giant Jack is cool 8)

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 21, 2017, 08:20:47 am
Mirror, mirror, on the wall 😀

I blame The_Pioneer or JessieP. Surely Yellow isn't talking about me. We always get along on here and agree about everything.

MDXPHD

I think my favorite team other than Batesville would be Greenwood. They just run a top notch program every single year.

If we are sticking to 5A, I'm going to have to go with Wynne, even though we don't get along. They have great tradition, town support, and football seems to be everything to that town. And because of Ivan.

Pr8hd

September 21, 2017, 08:34:27 am #18 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:02:20 am by Pr8hd
I would say PA....second overall fav

I think Coach Kelley is awesome (and would be my choice to replace CRJ at GW when (if) he decides to retire- I am sure a lot of other teams choice as well). Their execution mirrors GW, but the scheme they run based on analytics I can appreciate. Kelley has a unique approach and has been very successful. Very exciting to watch them play- like a roller coaster of emotions esp. when playing them. You get your moneys worth, no doubt. I've liked and respected them since we played back in the 2006 title game in the best HS game I ever saw. They also have some sweet uni combinations.

By classification other than 6A:

7A FS Southside Rebels --- always will be Rebs to me not Mavs
5A Pulaski Academy Bruins
4A Boonevlle Bearcats --- The Battle of Hwy 10
3A Charleston Tigers
2A Hacket Hornetts or Danville Littlejohns

Red Devil Alum

Mine changes every week, but LRCA is always on the schedule for my 2nd favorite team.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 21, 2017, 06:53:04 am
If it's 5-A, it has to be Blytheville.  The conditions in which many/most of those kids are raised causes me to pull for them when they play anyone other than Batesville.  Even when playing the Pioneers, I want them to play well, just not prevail.😎. My other team is Cave City, out of home town allegiance.

Blytheville as well for me. They have a couple of our hometown guys on the coaching staff.

Deuceswild

Well this is a fun post.... I like LRCA, not because the parents but I do know the kids show respect on the field for the most part when they play us. My son actually keeps in contact with a few. I was a little bitter about PA always winning the last few years but realized I just respect how they do things. It's not just the "no punts" and "onside kicks" it's having the balls to do something different and discipline to stay the course. So I guess it would be the private schools for me but I have been to a few soccer games against LRCA that make me question if that's actually a Christian school. But the kids are great and very competitive. Pa we haven't played in football since I've been around and sure their soccer girls don't like us very well but they play hard and disciplined. Things I love to see. In other classifications I like Bentonville and Siloam.

DEVIL DOG HOG

7A-- Conway
6A-- Russellville and Greenwood
5A-- West Conference
4A-- Dardanell
3A-- Two Rivers
2A-- Hector

GhostofRosswoodCC

Overdahill

and their favorite Ghost is ........... Casper  ;D

woopork

I know he hasn't been there long but I respect Coach Cohu and LRCA and they are very hospitable. In at least the two games of LRCA that I've seen their players are great sportsmen.

I would say PA but I'm not a fan of Coach Kelley as much as I enjoy Dads post and his objectivity.

Both of those are private schools and I resent choosing private schools. Public Schools I'd have to choose Morrilton. I think McNabb is a good dude and does a really good job.

JessieP

Talk about ironic. I was getting ready to respond to this but first I checked in on the PA... thread, Mistake! I was thinking about this question earlier and had concluded my second favorite was PA. Simply stated it is because I finally attended a game there. After a few years of reading post and articles I broke down and made the drive to see the Batesville/PA semi final game last year. I was floored by how polite and welcoming PA was from the guy on the buggie patrolling the parking lot to the people taking tickets. About an hour before kickoff the PA announcer came over to the Batesville side and was telling jokes and goofing off with the Batesville fans. I watched King and Kelley during warm-ups and they must have chatted for 45 minutes. The body language was a lot of back slapping, smiles and arms around each other belly laughs. You get the impression they sincerely like each other. At halftime the snackbar looked like a company picnic, I have never seen fans wearing opposing shirts huddled in so many different packs just talking and enjoying each other. Most importantly the hamburgers were quite good. PA was NOTHING like people said they were.

Then I read the post! a parent of a player basically just posted PA works harder then everyone else. The kids there take work to a new level.

So....GCT. Why not? those poor kids never win anything.   

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on September 21, 2017, 12:39:41 pm
Talk about ironic. I was getting ready to respond to this but first I checked in on the PA... thread, Mistake! I was thinking about this question earlier and had concluded my second favorite was PA. Simply stated it is because I finally attended a game there. After a few years of reading post and articles I broke down and made the drive to see the Batesville/PA semi final game last year. I was floored by how polite and welcoming PA was from the guy on the buggie patrolling the parking lot to the people taking tickets. About an hour before kickoff the PA announcer came over to the Batesville side and was telling jokes and goofing off with the Batesville fans. I watched King and Kelley during warm-ups and they must have chatted for 45 minutes. The body language was a lot of back slapping, smiles and arms around each other belly laughs. You get the impression they sincerely like each other. At halftime the snackbar looked like a company picnic, I have never seen fans wearing opposing shirts huddled in so many different packs just talking and enjoying each other. Most importantly the hamburgers were quite good. PA was NOTHING like people said they were.

Then I read the post! a parent of a player basically just posted PA works harder then everyone else. The kids there take work to a new level.

So....GCT. Why not? those poor kids never win anything.   
So you went to PA, everyone was nice to you and you had a good experience. And then one person says something on a message board you don't agree with and apparently its all for naught.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 21, 2017, 01:17:45 pm
So you went to PA, everyone was nice to you and you had a good experience. And then one person says something on a message board you don't agree with and apparently its all for naught.

It's a major character defect of mine. I can't help it, my affection is quite tenuis. I have the Jerry Seinfeld flaw, "sure she's gorgeous and the sex is mind blowing but she eats her peas with a butter knife, one at a time". I realize I have serious issues to deal with.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: The Future on September 21, 2017, 08:27:19 am
Guess Harrison is the state fav haha.

That's because most of them haven't met the FF legend Drama Mama.  She pulls no punches, and takes no prisoners.  Think message board version of Sherman's march.

She's also one of my all-time favorite posters.

The_Pioneer

Wonderdog

September 21, 2017, 04:45:04 pm #31 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:16:02 pm by Wonderdog
7A No one specifically
6A Pine Bluff
5A Morrilton
4A Dardanelle and Dollarway
3A Greenland
2A Clarendon and Strong

I graduated from White Hall, note my Jefferson County allegiances 😁

bigchief72455

RoadWarrior

7A No one
6A Pine Bluff/Greenwood
5A Watson Chapel
4A Arkadelphia
3A Barton
2A Earle

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on September 21, 2017, 02:12:08 pm
It's a major character defect of mine. I can't help it, my affection is quite tenuis. I have the Jerry Seinfeld flaw, "sure she's gorgeous and the sex is mind blowing but she eats her peas with a butter knife, one at a time". I realize I have serious issues to deal with.

I'm giving you a clap for brutal honesty.

I'm reminded of Hope posters two years ago.  Some of them were insufferable.  When I posted that I detested Hope because of its posters, one of the good posters reminded me that I'd said that you shouldn't judge a team based on poor posters.  He was right and I apologized.

Of course, I'm probably the only poster on this board with only one flaw.  That one flaw is that I think I don't have any!

Yellowcake

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on September 21, 2017, 08:29:17 am
Warren, they always come to play, they play with whatever they've got and don't complain about what they don't have, their fans are knowledgeable, hospitable, and respectful of their opponents and the giant Jack is cool 8)

I agree with all of that.  Great program and great coach.

nastynice

7a-Nope
6a-Russellville
5a-Alma
4a-Warren,Waldron,PG
3a-Fordyce,
2a-Magazine,Lavaca

Look A Here

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 20, 2017, 11:41:10 pm
I think there are 2 of us.  Me and mijally.  72113 has posted in the past, but I haven't seen anything from him in ages.

Nobody compares to Go Postal's graphics.  The best I can do is borrow .gifs created by those with the knowledge and tools to do so.  I'm also probably the worst picker of scores on the board. 

I bought into the fool's gold too, especially after the good runs from the previous 2 seasons.  Something just never did click though after Coach Buchan retired, and I can't quite put my finger on it.  It wasn't the coaches or the players; there was just something off.  Maybe it was a bit of both never having great chemistry, I don't know.  I think we're headed back in the right direction though.  Hopefully.
What other factor is there? 

Overdahill

Its kind of ironic that it seemed like for years many in maumelle felt that the only thing standing in the way of a dynasty was the old coach

AIREDALE25

7A- Van Buren because there struggling but hanging on and because of the Alma rivialry.
6A- Russellvile! Not Greenwood
5A- Besides Alma, I think Harrison, Morriltion, Wynne, or PA all have a chance at Little Rock in December. Yes Alma has got some work to do tho.
4A- Waldron or Ozark
3A- Cedarville
2A- Moutianburg

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Look A Here on September 22, 2017, 08:24:53 am
What other factor is there? 

Meaning, it wasn't all one or the other.  There was just a vibe that something was off.  I can't put my finger on it, but I went on to say it was probably a little of both that caused the overall chemistry to be missing.  I don't think everyone was on the same page.

PrivateLesson

How have I missed this thread until now?    Love this thread and picks.  :)

panther07

7A- Cabot
6A- El Dorado
5A- Wynne
4A- Nashville
3A- JC
2A- Ida

My south Ark is showing.  I like teams that are still running the ball heavily as well.

InYoGrill

1- Vilonia
2- Cabot
3- Beebe
4-conway

Can you tell where my kids went to school , I went school, wife went to school,and where I have lived last 15 years

Also playoff time all 5A SEC WEST teams.   ;D I root for them all to win it

beach bum

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 22, 2017, 02:53:08 pm
1- Vilonia
2- Cabot
3- Beebe
4-conway

Can you tell where my kids went to school , I went school, wife went to school,and where I have lived last 15 years

Also playoff time all 5A SEC WEST teams.   ;D I root for them all to win it

You seem to have that Hwy 64 corridor in central Arkansas on lock....

nastynice

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 21, 2017, 08:34:27 am
I would say PA....second overall fav

I think Coach Kelley is awesome (and would be my choice to replace CRJ at GW when (if) he decides to retire- I am sure a lot of other teams choice as well). Their execution mirrors GW, but the scheme they run based on analytics I can appreciate. Kelley has a unique approach and has been very successful. Very exciting to watch them play- like a roller coaster of emotions esp. when playing them. You get your moneys worth, no doubt. I've liked and respected them since we played back in the 2006 title game in the best HS game I ever saw. They also have some sweet uni combinations.

By classification other than 6A:

7A FS Southside Rebels --- always will be Rebs to me not Mavs
5A Pulaski Academy Bruins
4A Boonevlle Bearcats --- The Battle of Hwy 10
3A Charleston Tigers
2A Hacket Hornetts or Danville Littlejohns
Some of those battles back in the 80s and 90s were epic!

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 03:22:01 pm
You seem to have that Hwy 64 corridor in central Arkansas on lock....

The all too present orange barrels may be an apt commentary...

Rocket23

Probably PA and then Harrison. 

Like him or not Kelly's execute with precision and that is why they are successful.  Also being here in Little Rock, I know a lot of the parents and kids.  They are fun to watch.

Harrison always plays good, hard-nosed football and displays great sportsmanship.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas