• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Brackets 5A 2017

Started by Brian G, September 19, 2017, 07:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Wynne has decided to throw the Nettleton or Batesville game

;)

Pwil11

Heck no.  Would rather play PA at home then their second home.  WMS
I just hope we can make it to the semifinals. Going to be a tough post season

JacketDad

Call me crazy (some of you already have) but I think the East #2, whoever that may be, has a pretty good shot at WMS.  Probably better than the East #1.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on October 03, 2017, 05:55:07 pm
Call me crazy (some of you already have) but I think the East #2, whoever that may be, has a pretty good shot at WMS.  Probably better than the East #1.

You are crazy. Any other year that would be true, but the east is just down this season aside from Wynne.

Paw-Paw

Going to be fun to see who fills in the slots!

JacketDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 03, 2017, 07:04:56 pm
You are crazy. Any other year that would be true, but the east is just down this season aside from Wynne.
Only time will tell!!!  LOL

Blazer51

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 03, 2017, 07:04:56 pm

How would you consider the easy to be down this year outside of batesville?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 06, 2017, 11:08:36 pm
How would you consider the easy to be down this year outside of batesville?

Wynne isn't showing much this season, and for that reason, they look to be down. I find it hard to believe blytheville is as good this season as the past two. I believe Nettleton and VV are better than usual, but that just puts them up there with a down Wynne team I think. I believe there are 4 teams in the central that would possibly make the playoffs in the East over any of the east teams.

bobnweaven

1st rd.
West goes 4-0 against South
Central goes 3-1 against East.
2nd rd.
East 1-0
West 1-3
Central 2-1
3rd rd.
West 1-0
Central 1-0
Finals
WE ALL know what your thinking......

PercussionMan

Quote from: JacketDad on October 03, 2017, 05:55:07 pm

Well, duh!!  Anyone in the top half of the bracket has a better shot than anyone (other than P.A.) in the bottom half of the bracket at making it to WMS....that's pretty much a no brainer.  ;D

So, P.A. and whomever has the misfortune of winning the top half of the bracket will be at WMS.

AT

If regular season ended today...(glad it doesn't)

S1. Hot Springs Lakeside
W4. Farmington

C2. Little Rock Christian
E3. Wynne

W1. Greenbrier
S4. Camden Fairview

E2. Batesville
C3. Little Rock McClellan

---------------------------------------------------

E1. Nettleton
C4. Little Rock Parkview

W2. Alma
S3. DeQueen

C1. Pulaski Academy
E4. Valley View

S2. Watson Chapel
W3. Harrison

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bobnweaven on October 12, 2017, 12:04:43 pm
1st rd.
West goes 4-0 against South
Highly unlikely. People didn't think the South would win a game last year but 2 teams won. Watson Chapel and Lakeside. You never know. The South could go 4-0 against the West ???.

RamFan06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 25, 2017, 01:16:30 pm
Highly unlikely. People didn't think the South would win a game last year but 2 teams won. Watson Chapel and Lakeside. You never know. The South could go 4-0 against the West ???.

^^^ This! +1

Overdahill

You fellas feeling ok down there? running a fever?  ???

PercussionMan

Eh....I agree that anything can happen in the playoffs....but, the West would really have to crumble for that to happen this year.

kosher33

The south 1-3 in the opening round of the playoffs last year.

GuvHog

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 23, 2017, 07:38:59 pm

S1. Hot Springs Lakeside
W4. Farmington

E3. Wynne

W1. Greenbrier
S4. Camden Fairview

E2. Batesville

E1. Nettleton
C4. Little Rock Parkview

W2. Alma
S3. DeQueen

C1. Pulaski Academy
E4. Valley View

S2. Watson Chapel
W3. Harrison

Watson Chapel locked up the 5A South #1 seed with the 21-7 win over Lakeside.

Intelligentsia

Am I mistaken in thinking that Nettleton is assured the number 1 seed in the East?  And, if Batesville beats Valley View Friday, regardless of any other factors, they will wrap up #2?  In reviewing the tie breaker rules, that is how it appears to me.

GuvHog

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 30, 2017, 11:42:58 am
Am I mistaken in thinking that Nettleton is assured the number 1 seed in the East?  And, if Batesville beats Valley View Friday, regardless of any other factors, they will wrap up #2?  In reviewing the tie breaker rules, that is how it appears to me.

If Wynne beats Nettleton and Batesville wins Friday night, it would set up a 3 way tie for the East title and a perfect triangle. They would go to the tie breaker points and the one with the lowest number of points would be the 3rd seed. the top 2 would then be seeded based on the outcome of their head to head matchup.

JacketFan

To make it all easier, Wynne needs to beat Nettleton,  and Valley View needs to beat Batesville, lol  ;D

Intelligentsia

Quote from: JacketFan on October 30, 2017, 02:40:44 pm
To make it all easier, Wynne needs to beat Nettleton,  and Valley View needs to beat Batesville, lol  ;D

That would still leave Nettleton #1.  I can't see how Nettleton is anything but a lock on #1.  #2 will go to either Wynne or Batesville.  I don't think it's possible for Batesville to finish any worse than 3rd.  What about it, Rampage?

GuvHog

October 30, 2017, 04:27:47 pm #23 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:32:14 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 30, 2017, 03:40:32 pm
That would still leave Nettleton #1.  I can't see how Nettleton is anything but a lock on #1.  #2 will go to either Wynne or Batesville.  I don't think it's possible for Batesville to finish any worse than 3rd.  What about it, Rampage?

If Wynne beats Nettleton and Batesville loses to Valley View, that would leave Wynne and Nettleton in a tie for first and Wynne would then get the #1 seed by virtue of their win over Nettleton. Valley View would get the #3 seed with their win over Batesville, who would be the #4 seed.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: GuvHog on October 30, 2017, 04:27:47 pm
If Wynne beats Nettleton and Batesville loses to Valley View, that would leave Wynne and Nettleton in a tie for first and Wynne would then get the #1 seed by virtue of their win over Nettleton. Valley View would get the #3 seed with their win over Batesville, who would be the #4 seed.
I'll trust you on that and then wait until Saturday morning and confirm with the seeding on the AAA website.😎  I  have a feeling it's going to be 1.Nettleton, 2.Batesville, 3.Wynne, 4.Valley View.

AT

S1. Watson Chapel
W4. Morrilton

E3. Wynne

W1. Alma
S4. Camden Fairview

E2. Batesville

E1. Nettleton
C4. Sylvan Hills

W2. Greenbrier
S3. DeQueen

C1. Pulaski Academy
E4. Valley View

S2. Hot Springs Lakeside
W3. Harrison

redsport27

If you don't mind Trackster, I'm going to add my predictions to that. Thankfully, the season isn't ending today. But I like making predictions out any scenario.

S1 Watson Chapel 26
W4 Morrilton 31

C2 LRCA 46
E3 Wynne 40

W1 Alma 38
S4 Camden 16

E2 Batesville 24
C3 McClellan 29

E1 Nettleton 42
C4 Sylvan Hills 30

W2 Greenbrier 42
S3 Dequeen 21

C1 Pulaski Academy 52
E4 Valley View 23

S2 Lakeside 28
W3 Harrison 48

2nd Rd

W4 Morrilton 35
C2 LRCA 42

W1 Alma 35
C3 McClellan 34

E1 Nettleton 28
W2 Greenbrier 14

C1 Pulaski Academy 63
W3 Harrison 42

SEMI

C2 LRCA 37
W1 Alma 31

E1 Nettleton 39
C1 Pulaski Academy 49

Championship @ WM

C2 LRCA 27
C1 Pulaski Academy 35

What I can tell as of now, the west looks like a good favorite to sweep the south and the central looks to be a strong force in the playoffs once again. I can't wait to see how the seeding actually pans out.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 30, 2017, 06:32:53 pm
I'll trust you on that and then wait until Saturday morning and confirm with the seeding on the AAA website.😎  I  have a feeling it's going to be 1.Nettleton, 2.Batesville, 3.Wynne, 4.Valley View.

Wynne can get the number 1 seed with a victory and a Batesville loss.  Wynne also gets the number 1 seed if they pass Batesville in the points, which would require a net gain of 11 points.  If Batesville beats Valley View by 3 or more points, Nettleton gets the #1 seed no matter what and Batesville is the 2.

RamAlum10

Lakeside gets a tough draw... hosts Harrison in Hot Springs, and if they win, would have to go to PA.  Sheesh!

Overdahill

October 31, 2017, 12:11:20 pm #29 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:02:07 am by Overdahill
Quote from: redsport27 on October 30, 2017, 09:15:48 pm
If you don't mind Trackster, I'm going to add my predictions to that. Thankfully, the season isn't ending today. But I like making predictions out any scenario.

S1 Watson Chapel 26
W4 Morrilton 31

C2 LRCA 46
E3 Wynne 40

W1 Alma 38
S4 Camden 16

E2 Batesville 24
C3 McClellan 29

E1 Nettleton 42
C4 Sylvan Hills 30

W2 Greenbrier 42
S3 Dequeen 21

C1 Pulaski Academy 52
E4 Valley View 23

S2 Lakeside 28
W3 Harrison 48

2nd Rd

W4 Morrilton 35
C2 LRCA 42

W1 Alma 35
C3 McClellan 34

E1 Nettleton 28
W2 Greenbrier 14

C1 Pulaski Academy 63
W3 Harrison 42

SEMI

C2 LRCA 37
W1 Alma 31

E1 Nettleton 39
C1 Pulaski Academy 49

Championship @ WM

C2 LRCA 27
C1 Pulaski Academy 35

What I can tell as of now, the west looks like a good favorite to sweep the south and the central looks to be a strong force in the playoffs once again. I can't wait to see how the seeding actually pans out.

Is the PA/LRCA final a halftime score?  ;D Interesting to note that LRCA scored more points in their one loss to PA than they did in any of their nine wins this years. I bet that is a rarity

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on October 30, 2017, 09:15:48 pm

S1 Watson Chapel 26
W4 Morrilton 31

C2 LRCA 46
E3 Wynne 40

W1 Alma 38
S4 Camden 16

E2 Batesville 24
C3 McClellan 29

E1 Nettleton 42
C4 Sylvan Hills 30

W2 Greenbrier 42
S3 Dequeen 21

C1 Pulaski Academy 52
E4 Valley View 23

S2 Lakeside 28
W3 Harrison 48

2nd Rd

W4 Morrilton 35
C2 LRCA 42

W1 Alma 35
C3 McClellan 34

E1 Nettleton 28
W2 Greenbrier 14

C1 Pulaski Academy 63
W3 Harrison 42

SEMI

C2 LRCA 37
W1 Alma 31

E1 Nettleton 39
C1 Pulaski Academy 49

Championship @ WM

C2 LRCA 27
C1 Pulaski Academy 35

You are overestimating the West and underestimating the South.

PercussionMan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 02:41:00 pm

Agreed....sweeps are rare in the playoffs, even if the West #4 was a 1-point loss away from being the #1 seed. 

GuvHog

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 03, 2017, 05:57:09 pm
Agreed....sweeps are rare in the playoffs, even if the West #4 was a 1-point loss away from being the #1 seed. 

The thing is, If Farmington beats Harrison tonight, they are the #4 seed and Morrilton would be the #3 seed. Harrison would be out.

redsport27

November 03, 2017, 07:05:48 pm #33 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:08:35 pm by redsport27
Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 02:41:00 pm
Well, I respect the south. But I can't help but think that a sweep isn't possible...Now that I think about it, WC could make a deep run like last year, but that's honestly all I see...

And on another note, that bracket won't be the same as the actual bracket. It was just a fun prediction. I just want to see how the actual bracket pans out, then maybe I wouldn't favor the west so much.

PA Dad

Can one of the wizards on the board like Trackster or Rampage post a completed bracket.  I'm pretty sure I know the Central and East but I'm lost on the South and East matchups.

redsport27

Quote from: PA Dad on November 03, 2017, 10:01:48 pm
Can one of the wizards on the board like Trackster or Rampage post a completed bracket.  I'm pretty sure I know the Central and East but I'm lost on the South and East matchups.
Did you mean South and West matchups?

PA Dad

Quote from: redsport27 on November 03, 2017, 10:06:54 pm
Did you mean South and West matchups?

I'm actually asking for a complete bracket with all first round matchups.  I'm just not smart enough to do it.

GuvHog

November 03, 2017, 10:10:09 pm #37 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:27:55 pm by GuvHog
Harrison @ Watson Chapel
Alma @ HS Lakeside
Camden Fairview @ Morrilton
White Hall @ Greenbrier

Paw-Paw

Quote from: PA Dad on November 03, 2017, 10:01:48 pm

TOP BRACKET:

S1 Watson Chapel
W4 Harrison

C2 LR Christian
E3 Wynne

W1 Greenbrier
S4  White Hall

E2 Batesville
C3 LR McClellan

BOTTOM BRACKET

E1 Nettleton
C4 Sylvan Hills

W2 Morrilton
S3 Camden Fairview

C1 Pulaski Academy
E4 Valley View

S2 Hot Springs Lakeside
W3 Alma

PA Dad

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 03, 2017, 10:23:46 pm

TOP BRACKET:

S1 Watson Chapel
W4 Harrison

C2 LR Christian
E3 Wynne

W1 Greenbrier
S4  White Hall

E2 Batesville
C3 LR McClellan

BOTTOM BRACKET

E1 Nettleton
C4 Sylvan Hills

W2 Morrilton
S3 Camden Fairview

C1 Pulaski Academy
E4 Valley View

S2 Hot Springs Lakeside
W3 Alma

Thanks.  I want to display my superior knowledge and predict the games but I'm still not sure of the West seedings so I'll wait until that's settled before doing so.

GuvHog

TOP BRACKET:

S1 Watson Chapel
W4 Harrison

C2 LR Christian
E3 Wynne

W1 Greenbrier
S4  White Hall

E2 Batesville
C3 LR McClellan

BOTTOM BRACKET

E1 Nettleton
C4 Sylvan Hills

W2 Morrilton
S3 Camden Fairview

C1 Pulaski Academy
E4 Valley View

S2 Hot Springs Lakeside
W3 Alma

In the East Nrttleton, Wynne, and Batesville are in a 3 way tie at 6-1 and it's a perfect triangle.
Here are the tie breaker point totals;

Nettleton  72
Wynne     68
Batesville 68

How do you come up with Nettleton getting the #1 seed??

tmycjy

Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 10:36:55 pm
In the East Nrttleton, Wynne, and Batesville are in a 3 way tie at 6-1 and it's a perfect triangle.
Here are the tie breaker point totals;

Nettleton  72
Wynne     68
Batesville 68

How do you come up with Nettleton getting the #1 seed??

This is how this work if the points are tied it's go to the head to head for who would get the low spot so batesville beat Wynne wynne get low seed then the other two go head to head so scence nettleton beat batesville netteleton get the 1 seed batesville get the 2 seed and Wynne get the 3 seed

PA Dad

TOP BRACKET:

S1 Watson Chapel
W4 Harrison

C2 LR Christian
E3 Wynne

W1 Greenbrier
S4  White Hall

E2 Batesville
C3 LR McClellan

BOTTOM BRACKET

E1 Nettleton
C4 Sylvan Hills

W2 Morrilton
S3 Camden Fairview

C1 Pulaski Academy
E4 Valley View

S2 Hot Springs Lakeside
W3 Alma

It appears that this is correct.  I'll make my predictions based on that assumption.  If the bracket is wrong I'll change my predictions based on the correct bracket.

WC over Harrison, but it will be a very competitive game.

LRCA over Wynne. I'm not real confident on this one, but LRCA's offense is very good.

Greenbrier over White Hall.

McClellan over Batesville.  I know I predicted that Batesville would make the semis, but McClellan is big and physical and I just don't think Batesville can match them.

Nettleton over Sylvan Hills.  I'm not very confident of this pick either.  SH is very good when they are on, and I wasn't impressed with Nettleton tonight.

Morrilton over Camden Fairview.

PA over VV.

Alma over HS Lakeside.

BrierDad

Nothing is set in the west.  AAA meeting in morning to determine playoff seeding because of confusing and unexpected 4 way tie. 

RawDog1

Not sure if this is true, but 103.7 is reporting the Devil Dogs in a first roung game against White Hall.  If this is the case, the Dogs are a 1 seed.  Anyone know if Rainwater is reporting accurate info?

Rampage72501

Quote from: RawDog1 on November 04, 2017, 12:13:46 am
Not sure if this is true, but 103.7 is reporting the Devil Dogs in a first roung game against White Hall.  If this is the case, the Dogs are a 1 seed.  Anyone know if Rainwater is reporting accurate info?

I'm 99% sure they are wrong.   It should be Greenbrier, Morrilton, Alma, and Harrison in that order.

beach bum

Quote from: BrierDad on November 04, 2017, 12:04:17 am
Nothing is set in the west.  AAA meeting in morning to determine playoff seeding because of confusing and unexpected 4 way tie.

I am throwing out a disaster scenario... As we look at the bracket it is obvious no one wants the 3 seed in the 5A West out of that tiebreaker due to playing PA earliest in the 2nd round. Let's hypothetically say the rule book is very fuzzy about 4 way tie scenarios. Would a team that gets the 3 seed go all rogue and take the AAA to court? That's sounds absurd, but I've seen a couple of times a school taking the AAA to court over something as petty as things like that.... That won't happen obviously, but merely throwing out a worst case scenario as food for thought.

woopork

Quote from: beach bum on November 04, 2017, 12:27:39 am
I am throwing out a disaster scenario... As we look at the bracket it is obvious no one wants the 3 seed in the 5A West out of that tiebreaker due to playing PA earliest in the 2nd round. Let's hypothetically say the rule book is very fuzzy about 4 way tie scenarios. Would a team that gets the 3 seed go all rogue and take the AAA to court? That's sounds absurd, but I've seen a couple of times a school taking the AAA to court over something as petty as things like that.... That won't happen obviously, but merely throwing out a worst case scenario as food for thought.

Alma seems pretty upset about hypothetically getting the 3 seed. They might. Whoever is the West 3 and complaining about having to play PA 2nd round may get to start basketball before HS Lakeside.

GuvHog

Quote from: woopork on November 04, 2017, 05:19:40 am
Alma seems pretty upset about hypothetically getting the 3 seed. They might. Whoever is the West 3 and complaining about having to play PA 2nd round may get to start basketball before HS Lakeside.

Alma controlled their own destiny so they have no one to be upset at but themselves. A win over Maumelle would have given them the #1 seed.

bobcat81

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 04, 2017, 12:23:03 am
I'm 99% sure they are wrong.   It should be Greenbrier, Morrilton, Alma, and Harrison in that order.
I too think they were wrong, and actually tried to send a live fan feedback, although I don't know if anyone in the studio was monitoring.  I was listening when they went through the process and I think they had it wrong by placing the 4th seed first, then moving up.  So they had it two lowest points, Alma and Harrison, so Harrison 4 seed since Alma won.  Then Alma and GB paired in head-to-head, Alma wins so GB #3.  Alma and Morrilton paired then Morrilton won so Alma #2 and Morrilton #1.  I think they started filling the spots in the wrong order.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas