• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal @ Cedar Ridge

Started by Raise Hail n Praise Dale, September 18, 2017, 12:07:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Raise Hail n Praise Dale

The Cats lost in a heartbreaker against England last Friday. It was a tough game, and even though all of Episcopal's JUCO transfers were accounted for, England was willing to pay the refs just enough to get a win. However, it's a new week, hopefully with new officiating, and I have this feeling down in my gut that Episcopal's gonna pull this one out. England only beat the Wildcats by 2, and I predict more of the same, just with less points on the board. Cedar Ridge will put Episcopal in a gridlock until the very end, but Fridays are for the Cats. Episcopal's RJ Rice has a last minute safety and takes the win 2-0.

CoolBreeze

I'd say the Wildcats overperformed last week in order to get that close to the England Lions who were coming off a 50-0 shellacking at the hands of Junction City. No doubt it could have been closer to 100-0.

Since Rosebud does not seem to be going to disband its football team for the third year in a row, and thus to forfeit to ECS, last weeks narrow loss will likely be the highlight of the season for the Wildcats.

This week's foray into Newark will be less pleasant. The creative management of the clock for which Cedar Ridge is infamous will stifle the Wildcats' offense. Thus, they will lose 38-6 instead of 38-13.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 18, 2017, 12:23:39 pm
I'd say the Wildcats overperformed last week in order to get that close to the England Lions who were coming off a 50-0 shellacking at the hands of Junction City. No doubt it could have been closer to 100-0.

Since Rosebud does not seem to be going to disband its football team for the third year in a row, and thus to forfeit to ECS, last weeks narrow loss will likely be the highlight of the season for the Wildcats.

This week's foray into Newark will be less pleasant. The creative management of the clock for which Cedar Ridge is infamous will stifle the Wildcats' offense. Thus, they will lose 38-6 instead of 38-13.

No way. Episcopal lead almost all that game against England (14-0) at one point. They were very evenly matched. This is not the same team as last year. ECS wins.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on September 19, 2017, 06:39:26 pm
No way. Episcopal lead almost all that game against England (14-0) at one point. They were very evenly matched. This is not the same team as last year. ECS wins.
The point was that even had they beaten England, it would have proved little, since England could have lost 100-0 the previous week had JC been so inclined.

Lrbasketballguru

Oh ok. Sorry if that came off rude. Just wanted to make a point.

Raise Hail n Praise Dale

September 22, 2017, 10:13:49 am #5 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:36:08 am by Raise Hail n Praise Dale
BREAKING NEWS: A big change has been Episcopal's roster, they've gotten a new center, and his name is Boyd "Island" Bethel. Bethel is moving from his island out there in the wide receiver slot to fulfill his true calling of being the best center in all of high school football. Bethel is 5'4", which may seem small, but not when he is also 250 lbs of pure muscle and steroids. This kid is an absolute TANK. Can't wait to see what he does tonight in his rightful place, where he gets to touch the football every single down. He's mean. He's hungry. He's bloodthirsty. He's Boyd Bethel.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Raise Hail n Praise Dale on September 22, 2017, 10:13:49 am
BREAKING NEWS: A big change has been Episcopal's roster, they've gotten a new center, and his name is Boyd "Island" Bethel. Bethel is moving from his island out there in the wide receiver slot to fulfill his true calling of being the best center in all of high school football. Bethel is 5'4", which may seem small, but not when he is also 250 lbs of pure muscle and steroids. This kid is an absolute TANK. Can't wait to see what he does tonight in his rightful place, where he gets to touch the football every single down. He's mean. He's hungry. He's bloodthirsty. He's Boyd Bethel.
Looks like the new center made a huge impact on the game. Wildcats put up 46 on Cedar Ridge.

Unfortunately, that wasn't enough, as the steroid-laden Juco transfer defense gave up 69.

By the way, is this human cannonball a long-snapper? That could make all the difference in future games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas