• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee Owls @ Junction City Dragons

Started by dragondad, September 16, 2017, 12:29:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

September 16, 2017, 12:29:21 pm Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:33:26 pm by dragondad
Haven't heard much out of, or about, the Owls this season.  Junction City, while 3-0 thus far,  hasn't been  tested to their fullest potential.  The JC Dragons are averaging 486 yds of offense per game, while the Dragon defense has held their opponents to 100 yds per game avg.  The Dragons have outscored their opponents an avg of 49-15  over those first three games.  Looking forward to a great game in Junction City to open conference play for the 2017 season.

Proud Buckaroo

Mcgehee has some pretty good, young talent. They were sophomores last year. Not sure mcgehee can keep up with the hurry up. JC has ran an average of 60 plays a game from what I have seen.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 16, 2017, 12:31:42 pm
Mcgehee has some pretty good, young talent. They were sophomores last year. Not sure mcgehee can keep up with the hurry up. JC has ran an average of 60 plays a game from what I have seen.
We will need to work the play clock and shorten the game. Hopefully we have everyone back by next week. We're going to need them.

Monsta

McGhee Played Crossett Last Night And Beat Them Pretty Bad DD

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on September 16, 2017, 12:44:42 pm
We will need to work the play clock and shorten the game. Hopefully we have everyone back by next week. We're going to need them.

That's the best way to play them. But, with their defense. It's difficult to do that. Haynesville showed signs that they could pass on them. But they got away from it and tried to run the ball. With Terrell and Dhante in the middle. You'll have to try the outside. But the DBs/Safties are quick to the ball. This will be interesting to say the least.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 16, 2017, 01:36:52 pm
That's the best way to play them. But, with their defense. It's difficult to do that. Haynesville showed signs that they could pass on them. But they got away from it and tried to run the ball. With Terrell and Dhante in the middle. You'll have to try the outside. But the DBs/Safties are quick to the ball. This will be interesting to say the least.

LOL!  They went 3/9 for 2 yds on passing,  and had an interception.

FBfan79

Quote from: dragondad on September 16, 2017, 02:27:06 pm

So there were 3 signs?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 16, 2017, 02:27:06 pm

Okay. That was obviously secondhand information. I hadn't even looked at the stat sheet that Bleu posted. LOL

Never mind. 😂😂

dragondad

September 16, 2017, 03:37:25 pm #8 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:41:09 pm by dragondad
Junction Defense racked up 5 sacks against Haynesville, bringing the season total to 13 .

Jimbo Morphis

I didn't say we could do it just that we would need to work the clock every play and
Shorten the game.

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on September 16, 2017, 03:37:25 pm
Junction Defense racked up 5 sacks against Haynesville, bringing the season total to 13 .
JC had 8 total last night against 5 in the first half and 3 in the second half

snoopy22

Sounds like Junction City is kicking butt and taking names.  Has McGehee got a bunch hurt Oldman?

dragondad

Quote from: Monsta on September 16, 2017, 05:07:53 pm
JC had 8 total last night against 5 in the first half and 3 in the second half

Maybe coach will fix the stats,  it's only showing 5

beach bum

Oldman parties the night away next Friday..... Mcgehee 28 Junction City 27

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 16, 2017, 05:53:58 pm
Sounds like Junction City is kicking butt and taking names.  Has McGehee got a bunch hurt Oldman?
A couple of good ones didn't play Friday.

dragondad

Proud Buckaroo

bear for life

ISU7

Quote from: Monsta on September 16, 2017, 12:56:20 pm
McGhee Played Crossett Last Night And Beat Them Pretty Bad DD
26-12???? Is that bad.. ;D

anyway JC over Mcgehee by 17 8)

Monsta

Jimbo Morphis

Paperman

I think the Dragons get the win over the wise old Owls!

dragondad

Longfellow

beach bum

Monsta

I don't think McGhee will be able to stop the high powered Junction City Offense so I'm going to say Jc 54 McGhee 21

bleudog

bleudog

"McGehee at JUNCTION CITY (24): Junction City rushes for 402 yards weekly (eight YPC). Junction City downed Haynesville, La., 48-20 in a state line showdown last week. McGehee crossed Class 4A Crossett 26-12 last Friday. McGehee allowed 164 yards to Crossett RB DeAndre Webb and Junction City seniors Hishmma Taylor (216 yards weekly) and Shuvasceiaye Frazier (136 yards) threaten similar production."

http://www.hootens.com/09-18-2017/class-3a-week-4-rankings-notes--picks/6189.html

BlueCrew4U

Junction by a lot... don't think anything can stop this Dragon train.

Dragons 50
Owls 14

mastermind10

The owls run an efficient offense and have good athletes.  Defensively, they fly to the football.  JC may win, but don't be surprised when the owls take the game to the fourth quarter and either beat the overly confident dragons or come very close.  Owls are an up and coming program that is rebuilt and reloaded. . . the owls are back.  Take them seriously or they'll give you a long Friday night.

dragondad

Quote from: mastermind10 on September 19, 2017, 05:46:03 pm
The owls run an efficient offense and have good athletes.  Defensively, they fly to the football.  JC may win, but don't be surprised when the owls take the game to the fourth quarter and either beat the overly confident dragons or come very close.  Owls are an up and coming program that is rebuilt and reloaded. . . the owls are back.  Take them seriously or they'll give you a long Friday night.

"Overly confident"?   

CoolBreeze

Quote from: mastermind10 on September 19, 2017, 05:46:03 pm
Who's overly confident?

Wins over two winless teams provide little basis for the above boasts.

What you say may be true, but is supported by insufficient evidence, thus far.

JC Guy

Quote from: dragondad on September 19, 2017, 06:09:21 pm
"Overly confident"?
Yeah because we get on here and cut up. You know if the fans are jabbing at people the team has to be over confident. Or at least that all I can imagine he would be talking about.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 19, 2017, 08:45:20 pm
Who's overly confident?

Who's overly confident?

Who's overly confident?

Check the post history. Not from McGehee.

Ventman

The_Wesson_Blessin

JC wins this one running away, not quite mercy rule, but I don't think it will be very close for very long.

threepeoplematter

Junction will win, but only by about 3 touchdowns or so.

dragondad

Calpreps =  Junction City 41 - Mcgehee 7

USA Today =  Junction City 34 - Mcgehee 14

WHITEchicken

Jc fans are a lot more calm this year. In years past this thing would be 20 pages long by now.

dragondad

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 20, 2017, 07:13:32 pm
Jc fans are a lot more calm this year. In years past this thing would be 20 pages long by now.

Funny,  some feel we are overly confident.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 20, 2017, 07:13:32 pm
Trump cut off free internet.

bleudog

Red Roof BBQ

Will be open this weekend!!!
Thursday 4-8
Friday 11-6
Saturday 4-9

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on September 20, 2017, 08:55:02 pm
Red Roof BBQ

Will be open this weekend!!!
Thursday 4-8
Friday 11-6
Saturday 4-9

I don't think the food taste the same since they got a different owner. Still pretty good though.

Dragon I

dragondad

ToughGuy91

How would either of these teams match up to the unbeaten wolves of prescott?????

southarkdaddy

Haven't checked the brackets yet, but hopefully a JC - Prescott Final would be the end result. Would be a phenomenal match-up!!

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: southarkdaddy on September 21, 2017, 11:57:45 am
Haven't checked the brackets yet, but hopefully a JC - Prescott Final would be the end result. Would be a phenomenal match-up!!

The 1 seeds from the 5 & 6 are on different sides. Hope both teams take care of business and we get to see it!

THA TRUTH

Jc looks to have homfield if they win out and would get charleston at home in semis if it works out

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 21, 2017, 02:04:04 pm
Jc looks to have homfield if they win out and would get charleston at home in semis if it works out
Pump your brakes TT we know a lot of the kids are reading this and they are finally letting the play do the talking so let's not feed them to much yet. A lot of football remains before we get to see that but I like the lay out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas