• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmon Guys

Started by HeadBussa08, September 16, 2017, 12:14:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadBussa08

September 16, 2017, 12:14:33 pm Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:25:33 pm by HeadBussa08
So I'm starting to see teams like piggot and Fouke hanging 70 on people now a days. Way to send a statement fellas! Hanging 70 on rector and hermitage is really scaring some folks let me tell ya lol and don't give me the whole "what ya gonna do tell a kid to not score?" Cause we could hang a MILLION on tough guy teams like Fouke and piggot along with other less fortunate schools and I don't believe we ever have touched 70. Keep it classy. No you haven't been there before so I can't say "act like you been there before" really not even sure where you are honestly lol there's probably a reason you don't see chuck, junction, Harding, Prescott, just to name a few, doing that to teams .

Proud Buckaroo

But, but.... what do we do? Tell them not to score. JC could have put 54 on the Tornadoes last night. But they kneeled the ball in the redzone.

Markadomous

Yes u tell them not to score. In last years 3a title game on prescotts last two possessions  we took a knee inside ten yard line.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on September 16, 2017, 12:14:33 pm
So I'm starting to see teams like piggot and Fouke hanging 70 on people now a days. Way to send a statement fellas! Hanging 70 on rector and hermitage is really scaring some folks let me tell ya lol and don't give me the whole "what ya gonna do tell a kid to not score?" Cause we could hang a MILLION on tough guy teams like Fouke and piggot along with other less fortunate schools and I don't believe we ever have touched 70. Keep it classy. No you haven't been there before so I can't say "act like you been there before" really not even sure where you are honestly lol there's a probably a reason you don't see chuck, junction, Harding, Prescott, just to name a few, doing that to teams .

then tell us how a "classy" team that could "hang a million" would handle it? Would you pull your starters in the 1st qtr? Would you have your third string (players playing different positions) play the rest of the game and STILL score 30 points on the opponent? Or would you call short yardage plays that STILL end up 40 yard gains? Perhaps you would have your team kneel on each and every snap after the first qtr, embarrassing the opposing team AND shaming them. so, tell us your strategy instead of just whining.

HeadBussa08

We got these "tough guys" in 3a now lol beating up on these 13 man teams.

Coltfan2005

Prescott 2012...ran up the score to over 60 4 times in one season, once over 70.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 16, 2017, 12:17:06 pm
But, but.... what do we do? Tell them not to score. JC could have put 54 on the Tornadoes last night. But they kneeled the ball in the redzone.

At the 6 yard line with kids that only touch the field during the last min of play.

HeadBussa08

And Coltfan here is what I know. We have been playing football in Prescott for well over a 100 years now....and somehow we managed not to score 70 on anyone in that span. Whether it be the play call, putting the worse players on the team in, making sure the play clock is at 1 at snap, just to name a few examples there are plenty more. The Point is don't tell me it's impossible to do cause obviously there's a way of doing things that works and is effective while the kids still get to play on Friday nights. And lol @ your whining comment. Y'all bring that Busch league stuff back down to swark anytime then you can "whine" about another mercy rule lol

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 16, 2017, 12:30:48 pm
Prescott 2012...ran up the score to over 60 4 times in one season, once over 70.
yea notice anything in particular to those scores.....the opponents had double digits lol

HeadBussa08

Quote from: dragondad on September 16, 2017, 12:31:59 pm
At the 6 yard line with kids that only touch the field during the last min of play.
o but what do we do!!!! Tell the kids that never score or play to not score???? Ummmmm yea that's what you do lol one of many options. Very good example dragon dad +1

Dayton Kitchens

In 1980,   Dierks was ahead of Fouke 34-0 and Dierks coach Doug Norwood started running obviously illegal plays so no matter how the play turned out Dierks would not score.

I know he ran a center sneak at least once.

FoxandHound34

I think Fouke and Piggott should quit hiding and play real no conference opponents

dragondad

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on September 16, 2017, 12:44:09 pm
o but what do we do!!!! Tell the kids that never score or play to not score???? Ummmmm yea that's what you do lol one of many options. Very good example dragon dad +1

I'll confess,  I wish they would have let them score.  LOL!  All my kids have have graduated and moved on,  my youngest is a sophomore and really small compared to all the other guys.  It's hard sometimes keeping kids like him motivated when they do the same work as everyone else, but never feel like they have a meaningful or contributing part in the victory.  I'm old school though, so I understand..... you want your 15 seconds of fame, you have to earn it by being better than the next guy ahead of you or be content with just being a member of the team and helping those that are good, get better.  I don't push him to play, he plays because he wants too.  Yeah he gets ticked off when he doesn't get to physically contribute, but I don't feed into it and he knows I don't want to hear no whining.  Work harder than the next guy and serve your time, chances are your opportunity will come and when it does..... unload all those years of frustration and make it to where the coaches would feel like they're making a mistake if they don't put you in.

If in a blow out you let your inferior players score at will,  yeah you've made them happy but you haven't taught them anything..... I'm inclined to say it's almost insulting, not to the opponents, but to those kids.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on September 16, 2017, 12:37:21 pm
And Coltfan here is what I know. We have been playing football in Prescott for well over a 100 years now....and somehow we managed not to score 70 on anyone in that span. Whether it be the play call, putting the worse players on the team in, making sure the play clock is at 1 at snap, just to name a few examples there are plenty more. The Point is don't tell me it's impossible to do cause obviously there's a way of doing things that works and is effective while the kids still get to play on Friday nights. And lol @ your whining comment. Y'all bring that Busch league stuff back down to swark anytime then you can "whine" about another mercy rule lol

2010 prescott  62  Cutter Morning Star  14
        prescott 56    centerpoint 7
2011 prescott 64    centerpoint 7
2012 Prescott 75  Drew Central 36   2 other games they put over 60 on the board
2014  4 games they ran it over 50
2015 7 games prescott scored 50+ points
Are you always so full of it or is it a new taste for you? 100 years without scoring 70...check your records and take care of your own laundry.

dragondad

I think JC put 70+ on PC at PC the year they burned thier initials on our field.

snoopy22

75 to 36 is much different than 70 to 0.  If you keep scoring let the others score some too.

Coltfan2005

that's IF the other team can score. He said Prescott NEVER scored 70 in 100 years...didn't mention the other teams score. Is 70-0 any worse than 64-7? My problem with his post is that he seems to want to point fingers at other teams and does not even know what Prescott has done.

dragondad

I guess those of at JC can't really speak against scoring,  the Dragons have scored 60 - 70 numerous times in a shutout.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 16, 2017, 06:32:32 pm
I guess those of at JC can't really speak against scoring,  the Dragons have scored 60 - 70 numerous times in a shutout.

The funniest one.... in the championship.

That same year, JC score 70 on Hampton.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 16, 2017, 08:50:08 pm
The funniest one.... in the championship.

That same year, JC score 70 on Hampton.

Hey, we played 9th graders in that championship game.  LOL

ISU7

You play to win the game never seen a jockey pull back on the reigns before he crossed the finish line. Its high school vs high school not college vs high school.💪🏈😎

HeadBussa08

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 16, 2017, 06:01:25 pm
75 to 36 is much different than 70 to 0.  If you keep scoring let the others score some too.
my point exactly and my apologies Colt....1 time in 100 years we hung 70 on someone and let them score 36 lol

Skip Baymore

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on September 16, 2017, 12:14:33 pm
So I'm starting to see teams like piggot and Fouke hanging 70 on people now a days. Way to send a statement fellas! Hanging 70 on rector and hermitage is really scaring some folks let me tell ya lol and don't give me the whole "what ya gonna do tell a kid to not score?" Cause we could hang a MILLION on tough guy teams like Fouke and piggot along with other less fortunate schools and I don't believe we ever have touched 70. Keep it classy. No you haven't been there before so I can't say "act like you been there before" really not even sure where you are honestly lol there's probably a reason you don't see chuck, junction, Harding, Prescott, just to name a few, doing that to teams .

+1  HeadBussa.   And Ive seen some of these same teams keep the score down without embarrassing the other team.
Its amazing how much time you can run off the clock in a mercy rule situation when you run the ball and go down kind of easily, knowing you can just about get a first down at will.   Ive seen HA in past years take 9 minutes off the clock in the second half that ends in a non-score when they probably could have scored in 1 minute.  I know Prescott and Chucktown are experts in this too.   Any coach in this situation can make this happen.   You dont have to tell the guy to run out of bounds at the 3 yard line like Lou Holtz did many years ago which is worse than if he scored.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dragondad on September 16, 2017, 06:32:32 pm

Most of the time when that type of scoring happened there was reason behind it

BigBrother

Many times I have watched outclassed opponents keep throwing and throwing. One year JC hung 70  on chapel but 21 of it was pick sixes BC chapel kept throwing

Colts8654

I can't remember how many times we pulled are starters at the half my senior year. I think it's good to pull your player so the younger players get experience. Colts 86

CoolBreeze

This discussion got old on the last thread. Why start a new one?

C'mon, guys, give it a rest.

GrindTime

Quote from: ISU7 on September 16, 2017, 10:12:24 pm
You play to win the game never seen a jockey pull back on the reigns before he crossed the finish line. Its high school vs high school not college vs high school.💪🏈😎
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas