• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salem/Melbourne

Started by TruthHurts, September 09, 2017, 06:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TruthHurts

Greyhound#1

Well this should be a good one.  Both teams are better then first thought.  Salem struggled against the pass early against yellvillle.  Not sure if Yellville passed a lot in there first game but they must had seen something on game film.  They targeted a specific area on Salems defense.  Seems like Melbourne likes to air it out a little.  Salem likes to put the ball in the hands of Junior RB Jordon Turner.  Turner has 550 yards on the ground over the first two games of season.  Salem QB struggled passing early but rallied late with his feet.  Defense come up big with three picks to ensure Salem victory against  Yellville.  I think Salem will win but it will not come easy.  Salem by 6

TruthHurts

Salem will slow the game down with Turner, but the Bearkatz air raid too much for the Hounds. Bearkatz take this one 36-20.

Greyhound#1

I'm not sure giving the ball to Turner slows anything down.  He can take it to the house with that speed.  He is not a ball control type running back.  When he touches the ball he is looking for the goal line.  Melbourne's Oline hasn't seen a defensive line as good as Salem yet so i figure them throws will be rushed.  I suspect a good game this friday. Both teams are on rise right now. 

Proud Buckaroo

Salem takes this one. Smackover played Melbourne last year. They were pretty physical. Big OL as well. But I still think Salem wins.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2017, 09:05:48 pm
Salem takes this one. Smackover played Melbourne last year. They were pretty physical. Big OL as well. But I still think Salem wins.

I think the Melbourne offense only returned 2 starters from last years team.  I may be wrong but i read that somewhere

LaFlamaBlanca55

If Salem doesnt dominate this game, something is wrong somewhere! Salem should destroy Melbourne

Greyhound#1

Salem won't dominate them......better prepare your mind.   It's gonna be a battle

TruthHurts

Just as ProudBuckaroo mentioned, Smackover struggled with the Bearkatz air raid last year. Bearkatz had the lead going into the 4th. This game will look more like the 2015 Salem/Melbourne game when the QB performs surgery on the Hound secondary. HWY9 showdown starts with Here Comes RRRRusty and  ends with the Bearkatz in victory lane.

Baller_34

Katz by 14, Hounds not good as homers think they are. Same story different year, mediocre program with unreal dreams!!

FoxandHound34

Quote from: Baller_34 on September 13, 2017, 03:18:16 pm
Katz by 14, Hounds not good as homers think they are. Same story different year, mediocre program with unreal dreams!!
Boy that ain't a lie they talk all year until the postseason

Greyhound#1

Lol,  and how many times has Melbourne made the playoffs?

GoatRoper

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on September 13, 2017, 03:52:33 pm
Lol,  and how many times has Melbourne made the playoffs?

Are you sure you want to go this route?

Greyhound#1

Quote from: GoatRoper on September 13, 2017, 04:57:07 pm
Are you sure you want to go this route?

Compared to Melbourne absolutely.  Since 2008 Salem has only missed the playoffs twice.   I think in 2010 and 2015.   

LaFlamaBlanca55

Salem will bring it and turner will run all over that defense, salem will control the clock, keep melbourne supposed "high flying" offense off the field, and out coach melbourne

flyhigheagles22

melbourne wins this win 21-14

Made

Just don't think this will be a low scoring game.... for either team

Eaglefan70

Salem seems to think they are the real deal this year.  The only problem I see with that is the fact they haven't truly played a top 10 team of the 2A.  We see how good they are this week.  Salem's running back is pretty solid and fast but their offense hasn't had a solid defense play them yet.  I still take Salem this week by 7

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on September 14, 2017, 09:48:40 am
Salem seems to think they are the real deal this year.  The only problem I see with that is the fact they haven't truly played a top 10 team of the 2A.  We see how good they are this week.  Salem's running back is pretty solid and fast but their offense hasn't had a solid defense play them yet.  I still take Salem this week by 7

I agree with you.  I have always said that this week will tell us. 

flyhigheagles22

Salem hasnt played anyone yet but they still good. If they can control that clock they will win. 28-21 Melbourne

TruthHurts

Salem may win but the Bearkatz won't be outcoached. Coach McCarn top shelf in the football biz. Hounds had a good one in Sammy Weir. Wiggins solid. Hounds keep this one close for a half then Katz pull away.

Oxford Cat

Greyhound fans honk as you drive through Cougar Country for the Hwy. 9 showdown. We're all in preparing for basketball season, but I'll pick Melbourne's air attack to win this one 36-28.

Oxford Cat

Watch out for the deputy hanging out at the Oxford Baptust Church on your way home Greyhound fans. Good football game played in the Battle of Hwy. 9 tonight. Bearkatz 36-21.

dawg_days

touchdownsandturnovers

36-21 Melbourne. Both teams play hard but it's the bearkatz who finish the game out in the 4th quarter. Salem abandoned the run game early after bearkatz  shut down turner. There were a few lead changes, and very good game. Congratulations to the Katz.

Footballworld

They didn't shut Turner down, his line did. Coaches also failing to realize that he is capable of more. Defense needs some work also, but still a team to reckon with.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Footballworld on September 19, 2017, 09:38:21 pm
They didn't shut Turner down, his line did. Coaches also failing to realize that he is capable of more. Defense needs some work also, but still a team to reckon with.

Wow,  that's the same line that got him almost 500 yds in his first two games.  Not sure I would post all the blame on them.   Sometimes you must realize that the opposing team is just better.  Time for the hounds to figure it out and get better.  Everyone did something bad in that game.  Make the adjustments and get ready for Earle.  You beat Earle this week and no one is gonna remember the Melbourne game.  Go hounds! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas