• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison @ LRCA

Started by Gob-Fan, September 09, 2017, 10:30:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gob-Fan

Harrison has a much better team this year than they did last year. Solid senior class and great  sophomore class. We beat LRCA by a touchdown last year and only lost a couple starters. What makes LRCA better this year than last year? Did they not loose many players either?Although they do get the home field this time. I think it's going to be a great game!

FoxandHound34

Warriors by 14. Their sophomore QB Justice Hill will run wild in this one

Deuceswild

Only time will tell for sure. He hasn't met our Linebacker core yet, don't think he wants to either.

woopork

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 09, 2017, 10:34:05 am
Warriors by 14. Their sophomore QB Justice Hill will run wild in this one

Junior...

Youngsta71701

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Gob-Fan on September 09, 2017, 10:30:50 am
Harrison has a much better team this year than they did last year. Solid senior class and great  sophomore class. We beat LRCA by a touchdown last year and only lost a couple starters. What makes LRCA better this year than last year? Did they not loose many players either?Although they do get the home field this time. I think it's going to be a great game!
Most of their starters from last year's team were underclassmen not to mention, not sure if you've ever heard of him, but this guy named Justice Hill rejoined the Warrior football program this year. He's not too bad.

Gob-Fan

Well this explains it.....still think it will be a good game.

The Future

Checked the FF records to see the series record between the 2 teams.
Harrison owns the slight edge 3-2. At least since 2001.They have traded wins each time they have played.
Harrison won last year so if the tradition continues, the Warriors should get the win.

I'm going with the pattern breaking this year.
Goblins in a great one.
45-42

Rocket23

Should be a great game.  LRCA has a few players banged up.  they were a young team as well last year and have a few newcomers that didn't play last year.  The new coach stresses physical conditioning, so they are in great shape and get stronger in the second half as other teams tire.

I think LRCA should have won the game last year, but had some questionable fourth-quarter play calling.  I think Harrison is a better team this year than last year as well though.  I look for a very competitive game.

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game but I think LRCA gets the win

Overdahill

Im thinking LRCA at home but in all fairness I have not seen Harrison play although their boxscores have been impressive

redsport27

I'm conflicted by this match up. I believe it will be a great game. This game will say  a lot about the remainder of the season for LRCA and Harrison. I honestly believe Harrison could sneak out the win on the road.

Chin Music

Should be a great game.  If Justice Hill gets the majority of the snaps at QB I will take LRCA. 

FridayNightFans

What are you, his agent or something?  Multiple posts about a kid.  I will take a football player over a 5' 10" basketball player when it counts.  If you saw the Shiloh game, don't know how you can keep spouting all this.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: FridayNightFans on September 14, 2017, 09:34:36 am
What are you, his agent or something?  Multiple posts about a kid.  I will take a football player over a 5' 10" basketball player when it counts.  If you saw the Shiloh game, don't know how you can keep spouting all this.

Chin Music is a good dude.  He's a LRC fan, so naturally many of his posts are gonna revolve around LRC.  Also, Hill had a great game against Warren in week 1, so it's not a stretch that if he has the opportunity to play a lot this week that he'll do well.

sportsguy80

One of the overlooked games of the week. Should be a very good one.

PA Dad

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 14, 2017, 07:42:44 pm
One of the overlooked games of the week. Should be a very good one.

Wait a minute, I haven't overlooked this game.  I named it my game of the week. 

Maynard G Krebs

This is the game that will tell us a lot

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 14, 2017, 08:49:55 pm

I agree, although I expect to see both of these teams in the playoffs.

Rocket23

LRCA has three or four key players banged up, but this team will be totally different than the team that was fogged up in Harrison last year.  The defense is head and shoulders better than last year -- they play physical and run to the ball.  The offense has a lot of weapons -- they can pass or run.  I am looking forward to Friday night.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rocket23 on September 14, 2017, 09:04:52 pm
LRCA has three or four key players banged up, but this team will be totally different than the team that was fogged up in Harrison last year.  The defense is head and shoulders better than last year -- they play physical and run to the ball.  The offense has a lot of weapons -- they can pass or run.  I am looking forward to Friday night.

I predicted that LRCA would be much better this year than last.  I think they are.  I think they have the potential to be in the semifinals and maybe even in the final.

beach bum

Too much athleticism from LRC for the boys from the hills and hollers of Boone County to handle in this one..... LR Christian 49 Harrison 20

Go Postal

Try these Live streams for tonight's game of the week:

Warriorvision:

https://livestream.com/warriorvision/events/7725443

GobTV:

Go Postal

Deuceswild

Looks like a barn burner 28-21 LRCA @ half

Go Postal

This is a great game.  After giving up 2 TDs in the 1st Qtr, Goblins started moving down the field against this great Warrior team.

Harrison Goblins  21
LRCA Warriors  28

Half

Unofficial stats:

LRCA QBs went 12 for 14 passes with 180 yds.  They had 96 yds rushing.  Total offense:  270 yds.

Harrison QB went 6 for 10 passes with 83 yds.  They had 156 yds rushing.  Total offense:  239 yds.

Deuceswild

It's not where we at.... it's where we goin!!!

Go Postal

4th Qtr starts
LRCA turnover on downs
Gobs turnover on downs
LRCA fumble on 5 yard line
Gobs turnover on downs
LRCA holding penalty
Gobs call 1st timeout
LRCA punts and loses yds on 4th because ball is snapped over head
Gobs motion penalty
Gobs run 45 yds to setup TD

Harrison Goblins  41
LRCA Warriors  48

55 sec left.  Ditmanson 1 yd TD run.  PAT no good.

LRCA recover onside kick
Gobs call timeout 48 seconds left
LRCA victory formation
Gobs call final timeout at 34 seconds
LRCA delay of game penalty
LRCA takes victory formation
Final.

Unofficial stats:
LRCA QBs went 20 for 27 with 279 yds in passing.  They had 233 yds rushing for a total of offense of 512 yds.

Harrison QB went 18 for 24 with 255 yds in passing.  They had 284 yds rushing for a total of offense of 539 yds.

Great game.

Go Postal

Sophomore Gabe Huskey had another great game with 167 yds rushing.

Go Postal

Quote from: redsport27 on September 13, 2017, 07:39:34 pm
I'm conflicted by this match up. I believe it will be a great game. This game will say  a lot about the remainder of the season for LRCA and Harrison. I honestly believe Harrison could sneak out the win on the road.
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 14, 2017, 08:49:55 pm
This was a fantastic game.  Harrison gave up that 1 TD after a few seconds in the start of the 1st and played catch up for the rest of the game.  This could might have come down to OT if not for that.
  LRCA is a great football team.  Their QB has a great arm and their Wildcat with Hill was pretty good.  Hill and the other players that touched the ball were quick and very elusive.  Good luck to them on the rest of the season.  We will probably meet again this season.

Deuceswild

Well I will be doubling my medicine if these two teams square off again. Stellar performance out of these two teams and if I was a college recruit, I probably could have made one heck of a college team out of these young men tonight. Did you all know the two running backs are both sophomores? Thanks LRCA for the hospitality and now it's time to make our runs. Good luck this season, we are both battle tested without a doubt.

Rocket23

Harrison's run game was very, very salty.  The backs run very hard.  Very impressive offensive line.

It was a great game that lived up to its billing.

FridayNightFans

LRCA 3-0 after beating a very tough Goblin team, and as a parent/fan it feels good.  A lot of guys dinged up last night and we will see how that impacts us going forward against Beebe and beyond.

Chin Music (and all the others on here making noise about Hill), there is no QB controversy.  We watched this kid all last year light up defenses and he did it again last night.  23 of 29 for 289 yards, 3TDs.  Throw in 50+ yards rushing as well and no turnovers and it's time to move on.  LRCA has too many playmakers and too thick a playbook, I'm hoping this has just been a distraction and not showing them everything we have as we head into conference play.

While I am at it, and if you were at the game like I was would love to hear your opinion, I thought the LRCA coaches had their worst game season to date last night.  At times we looked disorganized, burning a timeout due to not having enough guys on the field, terrible clock management at the end of the first half.  I know, good problems to have maybe if you are 3-0, but things that could cost you a game against the toughest teams we will face in the 5A Central.

Chin Music

I was there.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to call me out simply because I am a fan of Hill.  I feel he is more dynamic.  You don't.  That's ok.  I can root for Bowersock.  Can you root for Hill?  I'm not a friend or family member of either one. The meat of the schedule is here.  To win, we likely need both guys.

Now to the game.....Harrison was better than I thought.  They made the night tough on both sides of the ball.  Hats off to the QB.  He is one tough dude.

LRCA's backup RB #20 has been the difference in both the last two games.  Without him I'm not sure we win either.  I don't have his stats but they are impressive.

LRCA has several kids hurt or gimpy. That has to improve for them to challenge even for the 2nd spot in the central.

Game and clock management left a lot to be desired. 

Like I said the meat of the schedule is here.  Our defense has to step up.  Next week Beebe is going to line up and try to run over us.  Their strength is our weakness.  This is a huge game to start the conference season.

Maynard G Krebs

Let's play Family Feud 😀😀😀

Overdahill

Quote from: Chin Music on September 16, 2017, 10:13:19 am
I was there.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to call me out simply because I am a fan of Hill.  I feel he is more dynamic.  You don't.  That's ok.  I can root for Bowersock.  Can you root for Hill?  I'm not a friend or family member of either one. The meat of the schedule is here.  To win, we likely need both guys.

Now to the game.....Harrison was better than I thought.  They made the night tough on both sides of the ball.  Hats off to the QB.  He is one tough dude.

LRCA's backup RB #20 has been the difference in both the last two games.  Without him I'm not sure we win either.  I don't have his stats but they are impressive.

LRCA has several kids hurt or gimpy. That has to improve for them to challenge even for the 2nd spot in the central.

Game and clock management left a lot to be desired. 

Like I said the meat of the schedule is here.  Our defense has to step up.  Next week Beebe is going to line up and try to run over us.  Their strength is our weakness.  This is a huge game to start the conference season.

I watched some on live stream and I agree that #20 looked very good

Deuceswild

Couple of notes. One thing I was worried about was us focusing on just Hill. We never did. We stuck to our game plan for the most part and tried to eliminate big plays. If anything we under estimated the sophomore RB and Hightower. Both kids had an impressive night.one of Harrison's strengths is tackling but you would have never guessed it last night. There were more missed tackles last night than I saw all season and preseason combined. But that goes hand in hand with the athletes you are trying to tackle. Some good cut backs and spin moves changed the game. As far as the coaches go. LRCA has a new coach, it's absurd to think they will be perfect with new alignments and calls. They will clean that up, but I didn't even notice it from the other side. Injuries-part of the game but always hate to see the major ones on either side. My son has total respect for these kids and did go check in MJ. Hope he's good. The other ones looked like cramps. Happens a bunch in barn burners like last night. One thing I will say that surprised me. LRCA has a much better def than I anticipated. I know giving up 40+ people think there are flaws(and there are) but we threw a lot of plays at you that I don't necessarily see and I have been to my share of practices. In short, you all got the win and respect that u deserve around the state. I knew you all would be tough this year just by what I saw last year. Get healthy and make that run. See you all in November.

Go Postal

Rewatching the game today and something I never really saw before or even looked for but my question is, how far past the white line on to the field can a coach be during the play in progress?  Just curious.

Rocket23

By rule none at all.  But it varies from crew to crew, and also the coach.  Usually the more the coaches are griping, the less leeway they have.  That is unless you are the head linesman working Warren's sideline at WMS first week of season.

I didn't notice either sideline pushing it much last night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas