• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FS Southside @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, September 05, 2017, 09:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr8hd

September 05, 2017, 09:23:23 pm Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:27:33 pm by Pr8hd
GW goes for it's 6th in a row against their Sebastian County neighbors to the north and their 11th in a row over 7A opponents.

Don't know much on SS, other than they had several transfers then lost a few. They put up some points in the 2nd half looked like against HB last week and had several yards thru the air. I am not sure what the score will be, but one would be hard pressed to go against the Bulldogs at home in this one. Generally, I would expect SS to be better competition than NS, but since the name change not sure what to expect from the "rusty ,dusty Mavericks"....that still doesn't sound right.

I expect the Belles to put on a good show as well as their fine band, hopefully admin will find time to allow their performances. It might be the best showing of the night from the Columbia blue faithful.  ;D

Lanny

rona

Quote from: Lanny on September 06, 2017, 07:20:44 am
Greenwood easy

Agree. 3-5 TDs depending on what RJ wants to accomplish with the Team.

The Future

There was a time this woulda brought in 10 plus pages with thousands of visits and trash talkin and insults and guarantees and everything in between. Now we'll be lucky if we hit 3 pages.

Greenwood by 28 at least.
And a bold prediction. Just like last week against NS, Greenwood will hold Southside to a scoreless first half.

Won't see much if any talk from the Maverick Faithful. Might as well everyone post their score predictions and wait til Friday night and see who came closest.

Pr8hd

My guess is 7A will come in here and offer a few takes. He's always good for level headed comments and reason. I am sure Bait will stop by toss out a few things as well. There won't be near the dialogue in the past. Lots of people/posters have moved on and the fact that GW has asserted itself in this series makes it a bit like the GW/Alma threads of days gone by.

SS did surprise me in not giving up last week and showing some fight. I expect more of game than the NS game. GW has a very salty team this year, but they still got to execute and not overlook anyone. They can't mail this one in, but I still think GW wins by a few scores. GW has a lot of weapons to overcome including a pretty stingy defense and arsenal of weapons offensively. Oh yeah, plus they have CRJ....  ;D

He's far from being non-mobile or retiring, but I'd say if he has to come out there riding on a rascal and stand someone beside him to jump up and down for him when he gets mad or whatever then so be it.  :D

7AFBFAN

September 06, 2017, 09:16:54 pm #5 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:19:38 pm by 7AFBFAN
Heck I can't wait to see GW play on Friday night. With all the statements about the best this and the best that I just hope SS can stay within double digits and score on the GW JV in the second half. Harber who? GW by 100.

Maynard G Krebs

Bulldogs over the Mavericks, if for no other reason than SS caved and changed their mascot.

RiverValleyClub

Rebels don't stand a chance against Greenwood. Southside goes home with another L to the Bulldogs.

7AFBFAN

If anyone wants to talk real football shoot me an IM.

Baitshop

Two words, Taye Gatewood....

Legit dual threat QB.

Threw for three touchdowns last week and ran for one.

Over 350 yards passing and over 400 yards of total offense.

After watching the game film from Greenwood versus Northside, Bulldog defense may be better than the offense. But neither is better than  Harber was.

If the Mavericks tackle better this week it should be a game.

7AFBFAN

Just in case things go as Bait mentioned I have put in a call to the GW PD to man all bridges in South Sebastian county.

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on September 06, 2017, 11:07:08 am
There was a time this woulda brought in 10 plus pages with thousands of visits and trash talkin and insults and guarantees and everything in between. Now we'll be lucky if we hit 3 pages.

Greenwood by 28 at least.
And a bold prediction. Just like last week against NS, Greenwood will hold Southside to a scoreless first half.

Won't see much if any talk from the Maverick Faithful. Might as well everyone post their score predictions and wait til Friday night and see who came closest.
+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 06, 2017, 09:53:43 pm

Legit dual threat QB.

After watching the game film from Greenwood versus Northside, Bulldog defense may be better than the offense. But neither is better than  Harber was.

Two words, John Womack.....

Greenwood's defense AND offense are BOTH better than Har-Ber's.

The only thing the Maverick's might tackle better this week are their emotions. Southside and Baitshop will both fight back tears after getting blanked in the first half en-route to a mercy rule victory by the Greenwood Bulldogs as the Bulldogs make a strong bid for the #1 overalll team in the state.

Baitshop needs to stick to his "bacon awarness" campaign and slinging hash, for he knoweth nothing about about football. Southside's offense sputters to less than 200 yds total offense and Greenwood's lowly offense makes the Southside defense look like a piece of double punched Swiss cheese.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

RD™

Hootens says -18

I'll go with
Greenwood 49 Southside 21

7AFBFAN

What are they serving in fairy land? Obviously blue koolaid. I have never seen so many grown men with men crushes on high school football players. I watched the first 15 minutes of northside replay and couldn't stop laughing. The announcers were like a bunch of junior high girls with a crush on the star 9th grade football player. The way they talk and the way you guys act on here is almost silly. Carry on in fairy land. We know who the fairies are for sure.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2017, 08:19:48 am
What are they serving in fairy land? Obviously blue koolaid. I have never seen so many grown men with men crushes on high school football players. I watched the first 15 minutes of northside replay and couldn't stop laughing. The announcers were like a bunch of junior high girls with a crush on the star 9th grade football player. The way they talk and the way you guys act on here is almost silly. Carry on in fairy land. We know who the fairies are for sure.
Oh it's beyond silly.  Lest we forget grown men in jerseys forming the gauntlet for their little warriors to run through.  It's a spectacle.  Do they still do that?  Please say no.

Grizzlyfan

Legit dual threat QB.

Serious question.  Gatewoods stats were impressive, as was Solomons.  But I saw that HarBer had an unbelievable # of penalties and yards.  Would you say a lot of SS drives were extended by HarBer penalties?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 07, 2017, 09:11:59 am
Serious question.  Gatewoods stats were impressive, as was Solomons.  But I saw that HarBer had an unbelievable # of penalties and yards.  Would you say a lot of SS drives were extended by HarBer penalties?

I don't recall that being the case. They had two long penalties on one play where Southside scored. Another was on an interception return. A couple of others were on long runs by HB where they blocked in back and threw in unsportsmanlike penalties. Several offsides. SS scores were legit. Finished out game outscoring HB 29-13. They won't be able to spot anyone 21 and expect to win.

Baitshop

September 07, 2017, 11:22:57 am #18 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:25:30 am by Baitshop
7A is correct, Harber head two holding / illegal block that had 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalties added to them. That was 50 yards  of their 185 yards  in penalties  for the evening . They were pretty chippy Friday night. LOL. They also had four or five holding plays in the middle of offense of drives after the first quarter. There could have been four or five more holding calls easily made that were not. The thing that impressed me about Harber Friday night was that, they are always big but they were the fastest Harbor team that I have seen since we begin playing them. I am not implying that this year's Southside team is one of our juggernaut teams, but they did grow up a whole bunch between the first and second quarters. The effort never waned as they got punched in the mouth by Harber in the first quarter. And you also have to remember that Southside  had no returning starters at the skill positions and once Taye kind of got his feet underneath Him, offensively it was an entirely different team.
Hey, I could be wrong, but I guess we'll find out Friday night. All I know is, they took a punch in the mouth from the number one ranked team in the state of Arkansas and came back and played them better than even the rest of the game.

RD™

All kidding aside I want to see this Gatewood kid. I like a good dual threat QB. We haven't a good one around here in a while.

...and no my fellow Greenwood fans I do not consider Connor a Dual threat.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: RD™ on September 07, 2017, 12:13:42 pm
All kidding aside I want to see this Gatewood kid. I like a good dual threat QB. We haven't a good one around here in a while.

...and no my fellow Greenwood fans I do not consider Connor a Dual threat.

RD come to the light brother. Come to the light.  ;D

Rob Van Winkle

September 07, 2017, 01:02:17 pm #21 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:19:01 pm by Rob Van Winkle
Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2017, 11:22:57 am
7A is correct, Harber head two holding / illegal block that had 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalties added to them. That was 50 yards  of their 185 yards  in penalties  for the evening . They were pretty chippy Friday night. LOL. They also had four or five holding plays in the middle of offense of drives after the first quarter. There could have been four or five more holding calls easily made that were not. The thing that impressed me about Harber Friday night was that, they are always big but they were the fastest Harbor team that I have seen since we begin playing them. I am not implying that this year's Southside team is one of our juggernaut teams, but they did grow up a whole bunch between the first and second quarters. The effort never waned as they got punched in the mouth by Harber in the first quarter. And you also have to remember that Southside  had no returning starters at the skill positions and once Taye kind of got his feet underneath Him, offensively it was an entirely different team.
Hey, I could be wrong, but I guess we'll find out Friday night. All I know is, they took a punch in the mouth from the number one ranked team in the state of Arkansas and came back and played them better than even the rest of the game.

HB had way too many penalties and most were just stupid and none of them contributed to aiding SS drives. With that said SS showed no signs of stopping HB. One interception and one missed FG (had to attempt a FG due to penalties) were the only SS stops. So to stay with GW their D must improve.

With that said SS offense is MUCH improved over last year. Lots of playmakers so they are explosive. Should be an entertaining game.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 07, 2017, 09:10:40 am
Oh it's beyond silly.  Lest we forget grown men in jerseys forming the gauntlet for their little warriors to run through.  It's a spectacle.  Do they still do that?  Please say no.

I heard due to head swelling this week  in GW they called off normal football practice and are concentrating on getting their gauntlet perfected. I think they  have added a jump and clicking heels with their daddy's and their mommys will be waiting with their juice boxes at the end of the line.

The Future

Didn't know pregame rituals were so triggering.
Do we need to do away with them this Friday so y'all feel safe at Smith Robinson?

Or maybe it's strategy.
I just calculated the score spread with pregame rituals and parents in jerseys and 3 fun school loving radio announcers vs the spread without pregame rituals and parents in jerseys and 3 fun loving radio announcers. Turns out Southside's chances of winning go up tremendously with absolutely no pregame antics or music or anything, the player's parents all just stay home and wear pjs, and we have the likes of Beth Mowins and Ben Stein announcing the game. Southside goes from a multiple score underdog to actually a 3 point favorite!
I can't promise anything tomorrow night guys. But I will look into this and see if I can't make the game more even. Because I sure would hate to have the loser of this game claim they lost due to the odds stacked against them due to pregame shenanigans

7AFBFAN

Quote from: The Future on September 07, 2017, 03:41:01 pm
Didn't know pregame rituals were so triggering.
Do we need to do away with them this Friday so y'all feel safe at Smith Robinson?

Or maybe it's strategy.
I just calculated the score spread with pregame rituals and parents in jerseys and 3 fun school loving radio announcers vs the spread without pregame rituals and parents in jerseys and 3 fun loving radio announcers. Turns out Southside's chances of winning go up tremendously with absolutely no pregame antics or music or anything, the player's parents all just stay home and wear pjs, and we have the likes of Beth Mowins and Ben Stein announcing the game. Southside goes from a multiple score underdog to actually a 3 point favorite!
I can't promise anything tomorrow night guys. But I will look into this and see if I can't make the game more even. Because I sure would hate to have the loser of this game claim they lost due to the odds stacked against them due to pregame shenanigans

+1

We will take any help we can get. A couple of unforced turnovers would be perfect to go along with this.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2017, 03:48:54 pm
+1

We will take any help we can get. A couple of unforced turnovers would be perfect to go along with this.

GW is having someone bring in puppies for the Mavs and their fans to hold before, during and after the game to help comfort them and ease their fears.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2017, 04:46:34 pm
GW is having someone bring in puppies for the Mavs and their fans to hold before, during and after the game to help comfort them and ease their fears.

Can I please have two?  ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2017, 04:46:34 pm

Just make sure that it's no dang bulldog puppies....

Pr8hd

September 07, 2017, 08:28:54 pm #28 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:31:13 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2017, 08:14:44 pm
Just make sure that it's no dang bulldog puppies....

Nope, we figure that would only add to the Columbia blue clad anxiety and stress levels because we know you all can't handle Bulldogs (at least not the South Sebastian bred ones).....going with Corgis.

Nice safe dog you boys can hug on. You know not too fast, a little unorthodox, all bark no bite, yet cute and fluffy. Plus, no tail to tuck between their legs.  ;)

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2017, 07:59:54 pm
Can I please have two?  ;D

Copy , got you down for a two fer...one for each half.  :'(

Pr8hd

September 07, 2017, 08:42:22 pm #30 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:51:33 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 07, 2017, 09:10:40 am
::)
Unfortunately, CRJ retired the "guantlet" a few years back, so no such luck.

Speaking of outdated things....Does Bait and SS still go on and on over the PA  with the WWW-esque intro for the Rebels err  Mavs?

You know the one that says "we were relevant a few decades ago, but now we don't even know our name"--that's the Cliff Notes version anyway I am pretty sure.   ;)

I was asking for a friend.....

Grizz, I don't know what NS does or says anymore because they lost their tradition a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

That looked more like a Darby team the other night, definitely not a NS team of days gone by. Band looked really good though, so there's that.  ;D

I guess NS PA guy could say "Hey we aren't real good, but we slept at a Holiday Inn last night and we DID beat SS last year!"

RiverValleyClub

Still hard to take Southside serious with the goofy mascot change. Don't think they'll ever be the same after that loss of morale.

Pr8hd

Legit dual threat QB.

Sounds impressive....I guess SS has given up on trying to get anyone in Sebastian County to go there and crossed over to Oklahoma as I think I saw this kid was from there and they had the Barcheers (sp?)  boys from Poteau for a little bit.  I mean heck go to Hackett we all know it's been the hotbed for the Dawgs for a long time.

I hear school choice is taking a bite on the Mavs, lots opting for that truck driving school Goose inquired about.

7AFBFAN

September 07, 2017, 09:22:58 pm #33 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:25:30 pm by 7AFBFAN
Hey I hear Texas, Vegas, Oklahoma,  Cabot, Fort Smith, and Hackett are all good recruiting grounds for CRJ. Or does Farmers bank aka the booster club make those transfers sound attractive?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2017, 09:22:58 pm
Hey I hear Texas, Vegas, Oklahoma,  Cabot, Fort Smith, and Hackett are all good recruiting grounds for CRJ. Or does Farmers bank aka the booster club make those transfers sound attractive?

In Hacketts defense, I don't know if we've had any players leave in awhile to go to Greenwood. We've had some fairly successful seasons so the kids are buying into it here. If anything kids move to Hackett because of lack of playing time.

dawg_days

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2017, 01:31:59 pm
I heard due to head swelling this week  in GW they called off normal football practice and are concentrating on getting their gauntlet perfected. I think they  have added a jump and clicking heels with their daddy's and their mommys will be waiting with their juice boxes at the end of the line.
Way to go idiot....

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit." - Vince Lombardi

Honoring the tradition of winning (HABIT) on and off the field.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

7AFBFAN

September 08, 2017, 08:11:19 am #37 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:13:35 am by 7AFBFAN
Coming from another weird GW fan.

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 08:11:19 am
Coming from another weird GW fan.
Spoken like true loser.....  #WINNING

GO BULLDOGS!!!

7AFBFAN

Dude I am not on the team. Some of you grown men need to realize you aren't either and lose the men crushes. Weird.

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 08:24:25 am
Dude I am not on the team. Some of you grown men need to realize you aren't either and lose the men crushes. Weird.
Again, spoken like a true loser.....

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it winning, real winning." - Dr Seuss

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2017, 08:04:21 am
Way to go idiot....

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit." - Vince Lombardi

Honoring the tradition of winning (HABIT) on and off the field.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that Vince Lombardi wasn't talking about the "Bulldog Daddy Gladiator Walk" when he was talking about winning habits....but what do I know, I'm just a lowly egg flipper. :-/

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 08, 2017, 08:37:10 am
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that Vince Lombardi wasn't talking about the "Bulldog Daddy Gladiator Walk" when he was talking about winning habits....but what do I know, I'm just a lowly egg flipper. :-/
"Winning IS a habit, unfortunately so is losing." Do you think Vince Lombardi was talking about the Southside Mavericks when he said that?

Fortunately, Greenwood is full of tradition, Southside once was.....

I'll make it easy on you Baitshop, I'll take my eggs scrambled. Put your flipper down and rest a bit. You're gonna need all the help you can get tonight down in South Sebastian County. Greenwood wins by mercy rule.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

7AFBFAN

One thing is for sure if GW does happen to win myself and Bait won't disappear. On the other hand if SS takes care of business like they should it will be nothing but crickets.

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 09:24:20 am
One thing is for sure if GW does happen to win myself and Bait won't disappear. On the other hand if SS takes care of business like they should it will be nothing but crickets.
Like the Mavericks should? Hahaha, MERCY RULE....

Do you have a Baitshop in your pocket 7AFBFAN?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

All the free extra large pepperoni pizzas in the world can't get this Greenweird and SSrejects thread to more than one lonely page?!?!   

Say what?!?   

You people need to pack the once fit bulldog jerseys away and realize that fairyland and pixie dust is in short supply around here!   lol!!  ;)  :)

By the way.....Bulldogs by 31.   

I wonder if the Mavs wish they could cancel this game?   

PrivateLesson

I read on twitter that a favorite razorback fan is going to be at the game!!!   :)

PrivateLesson

Considering the absence of El doo doo, the cupcake eaters and the mighty zebra's......I'm guessing they must be without Internet service? 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 06, 2017, 09:34:35 pm
If anyone wants to talk real football shoot me an IM.

You ready to see the New and Improved Fearless Friday Scoreboard tonight?

7AFBFAN

RD unblock me bro. I tried to send you a message.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas