• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

it's Arkansas-Texas week. gonna be a weird week

Started by Texarkana_Piggie, September 04, 2017, 07:12:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

this week is going to be very emotional for our kids and especially t-high kids.  one of their own passed away in his sleep saturday night.  no cause of death yet.  he went to elementary and middle school on the arkansas side, then transferred to texas side, so he had friends on both sides. 
second, we have their ex-coach. lots of weird stuff going on there. 
third, first game in our renovated stadium.  can't wait to see the new digs. 
praying for the family and friends of the student who was lost.  and for a safe, fair, and hard-fought game.   

T-Bone

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 04, 2017, 07:12:44 pm
this week is going to be very emotional for our kids and especially t-high kids.  one of their own passed away in his sleep saturday night.  no cause of death yet.  he went to elementary and middle school on the arkansas side, then transferred to texas side, so he had friends on both sides. 
second, we have their ex-coach. lots of weird stuff going on there. 
third, first game in our renovated stadium.  can't wait to see the new digs. 
praying for the family and friends of the student who was lost.  and for a safe, fair, and hard-fought game.

Very sad news.  Prayers going out.

polksalet

Sad deal. He looked like an amazing athlete.

I'm going to this game
For the first time. Where is game this time and how can I get advance tickets?

AHS06

Quote from: polksalet on September 05, 2017, 12:58:47 am
Sad deal. He looked like an amazing athlete.

I'm going to this game
For the first time. Where is game this time and how can I get advance tickets?
The game is in Arkansas this year and tickets go on sell today at the TASD administration building.  As usual the game will sell out 10k+ and there will be no tickets sold at the gate.

polksalet

Rida4Life

Sad deal.... wasn't he committed to SMU?  Prayers from El Dorado.

AHS06

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 07, 2017, 11:01:12 am
Sad deal.... wasn't he committed to SMU?  Prayers from El Dorado.
Yes he was committed to SMU but had many other offers.  Probably more considering this was his senior year.

Texarkana_Piggie

ok...all the sports writers in the texarkana gazette picked AHS to win.  nice to see.  it's been a while since that has happened.  go hogs go!

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 07, 2017, 02:37:24 pm
ok...all the sports writers in the texarkana gazette picked AHS to win.  nice to see.  it's been a while since that has happened.  go hogs go!
Norton acknowledges he had advantages at Texas High over Arkansas High.

"I wasn't even aware of some of those advantages until I came over here," he said. "The number of kids is a huge advantage. You've got twice as many kids at Texas High. Resources are different, but kids are still kids, and so is football. You can only play eleven at a time. I think we've got some advantages at Arkansas High, too."

Norton will have to prove himself this time around that great coaching goes a long way (Greenwood is a perfect example vs 7A).  At the beginning of his tenure at Texas High the disparately between the two schools were near equal.  We all know that changed over his 18 years as the city shifted.  Even in his Texas district Texas High was by far the largest school.   

Texarkana_Piggie

IT'S GAME DAY Y'ALL!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!  RAZORBACKS!  BTHOTx!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

Pr8hd

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 08, 2017, 10:15:06 pm
HOGS WIN!!!!!

Congrats to AHS, anytime you can beat a Texas team is a good one especially your rival.

PA Dad

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2017, 10:43:43 pm
Congrats to AHS, anytime you can beat a Texas team is a good one especially your rival.

Ditto.

AHS06

Same here always pull for the Arkansas teams. 

AHS06

Texarkana_Piggie

amen!  anytime a texas team is on the losing end of anything, it's a good day.  if texas had a curling team, i'd root against them.  i really do not have warm, fuzzy feelings for texas.  i don't like them at all.  not sure i made that quite clear.  :)

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on September 08, 2017, 11:03:25 pm
Great win Hogs! 

it really was.  i didn't get to go to the PG game last week, so i didn't get to see the boys play...just listened.  i was so proud of these boys.  they fought hard to keep that lead and preserve that win.  and they didn't do it dirty.  no cheap shots.  no mouthing off.  no scuffles.  clean game. we hurt ourselves with a few penalties, but hopefully those are things that can get ironed out before conference play opens.  and when QB dude gets around that corner, he has wheels!  dang!  i think the other area we need to work on is wrapping up tackles.  i think we were a little weak at times on that.  but overall, great effort.  proud of these guys!  i taught a few of them (many moons ago!)

Maynard G Krebs

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 08, 2017, 11:28:01 pm
it really was.  i didn't get to go to the PG game last week, so i didn't get to see the boys play...just listened.  i was so proud of these boys.  they fought hard to keep that lead and preserve that win.  and they didn't do it dirty.  no cheap shots.  no mouthing off.  no scuffles.  clean game. we hurt ourselves with a few penalties, but hopefully those are things that can get ironed out before conference play opens.  and when QB dude gets around that corner, he has wheels!  dang!  i think the other area we need to work on is wrapping up tackles.  i think we were a little weak at times on that.  but overall, great effort.  proud of these guys!  i taught a few of them (many moons ago!)
The defense was a continuation of last week against PG.  They are fast, swarm to the ball,  and don't break.   I believe not wrapping up could be a result of going for the big hit on Texas.  That wasn't the case last week but it needs to be corrected!  It seems the offense was holding back last week and we played two QBs.  Hate that we had two additional TDs called back.   As the season progresses the offense will be more explosive.  Camden should be a tune up before GW rolls in.  There's nothing better than Arkansas slapping Texas around,  laying a goose egg.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas