• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma @ Springdale

Started by AIREDALE25, September 04, 2017, 10:54:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AIREDALE25

Last year this game made me so mad! 27-26 Springdale in overtime of I remember right. Springdale barely made it past Conway. Jensen led the game winning drive against Conway 2 years ago as a sophomore when Dotson, and Benuax went down. Alma has Johnson, Jensen, and a great deffense with Rosebarry, Pike, and Alexander. Offensive line is a work in progress but with this said I'm going to go with Alma winning this one on the road 21-17 what do yall think?

Deuceswild

I'm picking Alma in a close one

AT

Alma traveling to a Springdale team that just beat Conway is a bit of a challenge. I say it would be fair to think Alma is the underdog.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on September 04, 2017, 10:54:59 am
Last year this game made me so mad! 27-26 Springdale in overtime of I remember right. Springdale barely made it past Conway. Jensen led the game winning drive against Conway 2 years ago as a sophomore when Dotson, and Benuax went down. Alma has Johnson, Jensen, and a great deffense with Rosebarry, Pike, and Alexander. Offensive line is a work in progress but with this said I'm going to go with Alma winning this one on the road 21-17 what do yall think?
You say that like you would expect to Springdale to roll over Conway.  Unless Conway is way down I would expect any kind of Springdale win over Conway to be something of a surprise.

the voice

Conway is no slouch this year. Lots of athletes and speed. Much improved from last year.

Almahasbeen

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 05, 2017, 09:43:32 am
You say that like you would expect to Springdale to roll over Conway.  Unless Conway is way down I would expect any kind of Springdale win over Conway to be something of a surprise.

kinda what my thought was, I'm hoping Alma takes 24-21

AT

Can't forget Isaiah Nichols, an Arkansas commit, going up against a still green defensive line for the Airedales. Hope the big boys for the Dales can hold up! They looked great past week.

P.F.G.

This is a big test for Alma. They pull this upset off and get by next week without injuries then we will be looking good in the west.

Almahasbeen

Paw-Paw

Alma is going to need to step up on the offensive line. All the starters and their backups were lost and these juniors will have a huge test in Arkansas commit, DT Isaiah Nichols. Nichols was involved throughout the game against Conway and came up in the right moments when a sack or stop was crucially needed. Alma had some crucial stops against Van Buren defensively as well when they were in the red-zone at the 8-yard line (twice), 9-yard line, and 13-yard line. Going to be an entertaining game for sure and looking forward to seeing it in-person.

PrivateLesson

Alma pulls the win by 3.   

Go Postal

Holy Petunias!  Paw-Paw is back.  All we need now is BillyJack, Steve Perry and other 'Dales fans to pop up and that probably would bring out some Greenwood posters.  It would feel like the old West again on this board.

PrivateLesson

To quote Steve Perry......

"The West Is The Best"   :)

I wish they would all return.   Good times. 

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Go Postal on September 08, 2017, 05:32:03 pm
Holy Petunias!  Paw-Paw is back.  All we need now is BillyJack, Steve Perry and other 'Dales fans to pop up and that probably would bring out some Greenwood posters.  It would feel like the old West again on this board.

Yea...been busy for sure. Just have to get on here from time to time during the season. Just now got back home.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on September 08, 2017, 05:32:03 pm

Amens to that... The board used to be hopping into the weee hours of the next morn after the games were over. Some good ole smacking and beatdowns were taking part on here. Faulkner County (GB, V, and Motown) vs dem OKies from the West. LOL!

Somebody tell Billy Jack I am swinging by the stadium to uproot some of them hedges soon!!! He always told me him and and the rest of the Dale Wagon would take care of me behind the stadium if I touched their marvelous landscaping. I believed him.  ;)

Youngsta71701

Is Isaiah Nichols and Jaden Jackson for Springdale the real deal?

AT

I can only speak to my own observations after watching the replay (I don't know who Jackson was) but Nichols was a beast. He didn't just manhandle Alma the whole game or anything. The Airedales held serve, but he disrupted some plays that affected the outcome for sure and Alma didn't run at him very often.

After watching the game, I'm not concerned. Alma's defense was just on the field too much at some points. Offense did have a somewhat tough time but also didn't finish off some scoring drives.

Great job, Springdale.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 09, 2017, 08:36:54 am
I can only speak to my own observations after watching the replay (I don't know who Jackson was) but Nichols was a beast. He didn't just manhandle Alma the whole game or anything. The Airedales held serve, but he disrupted some plays that affected the outcome for sure and Alma didn't run at him very often.

After watching the game, I'm not concerned. Alma's defense was just on the field too much at some points. Offense did have a somewhat tough time but also didn't finish off some scoring drives.

Great job, Springdale.
My bad. Jadon Jackson goes to Bentonville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas