• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Takeaways From Your Team Post Week 1

Started by Pr8hd, September 02, 2017, 10:42:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr8hd

September 02, 2017, 10:42:21 am Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:07:58 am by Pr8hd
Now that week 1 has come and gone, how do you feel about your team? Still optimistic or a little more subdued to see how things gel? Things to work on? 

GW:

Offense scored early and often. No surprises there. Noland looked very good, maybe rushed a few throws, but also had a few dropped that should have been caught likely. Still very impressed with receiving corps especially Holt.  Defense looks to be solid as well.  Held NS to under 70 yards first half. Swarming to the ball well and quick. Kicking game very good as well. Only real complaint not going for 2 at the end of the first half to put game at 35-0 to start second in mercy rule. Perhaps, done out of respect by CRJ  since they team camp with NS during the summers or perhaps keeping more of the second half game open to work on a few things. As fan, would have liked to leave earlier because it was not much of a contest IMO. NS only scored on the reserves late in the game.

NS:

QB is very fast, GW did a good job containing him,but a little inaccurate with his arm.Only other thing I would add would be noticed several NS players going both ways or rotating on both sides of the ball. This was GW's issue a few years back, now GW may have as many dressed out as I have ever seen and no one really going both ways. I think NS is in for a season of growing pains.

Up Next:
@ Home Against FS Southside ....GW going  for 6 in a row against the Rebs/Mavs

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Typical El Dorado Wildcats. Did some good things. Did some not so good things.  We might squeak into the playoffs if we are lucky.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 02, 2017, 08:46:25 pm
Typical El Dorado Wildcats. Did some good things. Did some not so good things.  We might squeak into the playoffs if we are lucky.

Based on score alone, I'd say they took care of business and certainly don't see any chance they would miss the playoffs. Unless, you are just being facetious and downplaying their real potential ;)

sssuperpantherfan2

SS came out looking good against Rogers but could not finish strong, we turned the ball over 2x in the last 2 minutes allowing Rogers to beat by 1 pt, one TO was on the 2yd line that allowed the go ahead TD with 2 min left.

AHS06

Arkansas High's defense had a strong showing and the lined played exceptionally well.  Offense needs to gel and line has to get better.  They showed signs of explosiveness in the 2nd half but the growing pains continued.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on September 03, 2017, 08:11:23 pm
Arkansas High's defense had a strong showing and the lined played exceptionally well.  Offense needs to gel and line has to get better.  They showed signs of explosiveness in the 2nd half but the growing pains continued.
irijah had a good game.  this week's game with ths is going to be tough emotionally for these kids on both sides of the field. 

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 03, 2017, 08:15:14 pm
irijah had a good game.  this week's game with ths is going to be tough emotionally for these kids on both sides of the field.
Yes, Price had a great game but the line could not hold up for the QB's.  I was saddened waking up to that tragic news.  He is actually from Arkansas but played for Texas.  I know his family really well and his older twin brothers were my classmates.  We are all from the same neighborhood.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on September 03, 2017, 08:25:31 pm
Yes, Price had a great game but the line could not hold up for the QB's.  I was saddened waking up to that tragic news.  He is actually from Arkansas but played for Texas.  I know his family really well and his older twin brothers were my classmates.  We are all from the same neighborhood.

He went to trice for elementary. I don't remember him though. Such a sad situation. Hope they get some answers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas