• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot @ Pine Bluff

Started by zebrafan, August 30, 2017, 02:55:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafan

Thoughts on this rematch from last year?

2000ZEBRA

It's gonna be a breeze for the ZEBRAS

zebrafan

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 30, 2017, 04:43:07 pm
It's gonna be a breeze for the ZEBRAS
A breeze? I hope you're right!

urban legend2

A breeze is probably a bit of a stretch...good test for both teams regardless. Anxious to see how PB's QB and OL performs, as well as how Cabot has adjusted to life without Barnes.

GuvHog

Quote from: urban legend2 on August 31, 2017, 08:52:38 am
A breeze is probably a bit of a stretch...good test for both teams regardless. Anxious to see how PB's QB and OL performs, as well as how Cabot has adjusted to life without Barnes.

I was going to say, a game against a team coached by Mike Malham is NEVER a breeze.

ricepig

Quote from: urban legend2 on August 31, 2017, 08:52:38 am

According to the "31 teams in 31 days", back to 3 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets.

zebrafan

Defense must help the offense this week...I'm going Z's by 4

westmem

I'm going for the blue devils oops wrong thread

Lanny

rona

Going to be a Good early seasonGame, Early means mistakes will have definite impact, but Bolding is one of the best! Not only on the Field, but also with a well disciplined Team. Never bet against The Zs.

Absolut

Are pb games broadcast on radio?

GuvHog

zebrafan

Long ways to go.....man we have to connect on our passing attack and run the ball better😑...congrats to the Panthers good game.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on September 01, 2017, 09:38:13 pm
Long ways to go.....man we have to connect on our passing attack and run the ball better😑...congrats to the Panthers good game.

That's surprising to me. The Zebras went in with the lead at the half but couldn't score a point in the second half. That rarely happens.

zebradynasty

Yes it was pretty surprising! Youngsters have to learn a game is 4 quarters. Hats off to Malham made adjustments the second half I don't know what we did at half time!  ::) OL has got to return to our physical tradition in run blocking. They did an excellent job pass blocking and the sophomore QB is going to be a good one. Defense played well the first half second half... it was probably Cabot but we might not quite be there conditioning wise. Still defense played well enough to win. Dropped some passes that would have been big plays but our WRs looked good at times just need more time to get in sync with the QB.

On the positive we looked better than we did in our first scrimmage.

Lumberjackfan1978

Two good teams going at it.I figured the Zebras would pull it out though

Lanny

I'm surprised Pine Bluff lost to Cabot. 

zebrafan

Quote from: Lanny on September 06, 2017, 07:21:16 am
I'm surprised Pine Bluff lost to Cabot. 
Soph QB, brand new OL and injuries will get you L's against Cabot.

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebrafan on September 06, 2017, 08:56:36 am
Soph QB, brand new OL and injuries will get you L's against Cabot.
Only THREE excuses? Wow, what gives?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 07, 2017, 06:14:01 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Well we could just blame it all on a single player like you do but...!

Lumberjackfan1978

Two good teams though, most of the time are.

urban legend2

Malham adjusted some blocking schemes and PB didn't react to it. The positive for PB is that everything that went wrong is correctable so no time to panic. They'll be fine, as will Cabot.

GuvHog

Quote from: urban legend2 on September 07, 2017, 08:59:32 am
Malham adjusted some blocking schemes and PB didn't react to it. The positive for PB is that everything that went wrong is correctable so no time to panic. They'll be fine, as will Cabot.

He also apparently adjusted his defense at halftime because they shut PB out in the second half. It's been a long time since a team has done that to the Zebras.

urban legend2

I think it was moreso execution, or lack thereof. PB dropped at least 7-8 passes alone in the second half, which put them behind the chains on their drives. By doing that, they got away from their play-calling and Cabot got aggressive when doing that. And with Cabot eating up time of possession in that Dead T, it limited the number of PB drives. It was a great second-half game plan for Cabot offensively. Defensively, they took advantage when PB made mistakes.

zebrafan

GO BULLDOGS!!!
I'm good on that bait....

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Or on the rain....isn't that what lost the Russellville game for GW?  ;D

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 07, 2017, 07:26:55 am
Well we could just blame it all on a single player like you do but...!
Zebra fans are traditionally good at spreading many things around, including blame.

Let's get the excuses going early today ladies, it's GAME DAY!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 07, 2017, 10:24:32 pm
Or on the rain....isn't that what lost the Russellville game for GW?  ;D
Nope, poor QB play and a porous defense cost Greenwood another state championship last year vs Russellville. Also, the Cyclones played their best football game since inception. 

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2017, 08:08:05 am
Zebra fans are traditionally good at spreading many things around, including blame.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

No sir after nearly 800 victories we don't need excuses! IF GW ever gets to that level holla at me playa!

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 08, 2017, 09:02:19 am
No sir after nearly 800 victories we don't need excuses! IF GW ever gets to that level holla at me playa!
Will do playa, will do. You should probably stick to winning in 2017 Zebrafantasy and not resting on stats dating to 1915 playa.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2017, 09:30:42 am
Will do playa, will do. You should probably stick to winning in 2017 Zebrafantasy and not resting on stats dating to 1915 playa.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Here's the deal no matter the era Pine Bluff has been good! You can't say that about GW and I suspect in a 2-3 years or less...well let's just say GW had a good run!

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 08, 2017, 09:45:05 am
Here's the deal no matter the era Pine Bluff has been good! You can't say that about GW and I suspect in a 2-3 years or less...well let's just say GW had a good run!
Good, at football right? Just want a little clarity about Pine Bluff being GOOD in any era. Just sayin playa.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2017, 09:51:41 am
Good, at football right? Just want a little clarity about Pine Bluff being GOOD in any era. Just sayin playa.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Did they drop you on your head in the back of the pickup when you were born? We were talking about football...keep up!

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 08, 2017, 09:58:21 am
Did they drop you on your head in the back of the pickup when you were born? We were talking about football...keep up!
Just wanted clarity Zebrafantasy. Broad statements about the "greatness" of Pine Bluff need a little clarity. I'm witcha playa.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebrafan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2017, 08:08:05 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Using two poles this time, but still not very good bait....

pinebluffzebra09

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2017, 09:51:41 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!

I see where you were trying to lean this statement towards. Lets stick to football and football only sir. Thank you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas