• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulldogs Season Opener is a ESPN Showcase Nationally Televised Game

Started by Pit Bull, May 12, 2017, 08:44:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

This could offer some good looks to some players to be seen. Details are still developing but this has been confirmed.

mr.gametime

Dogg

Ventman

MomaLion

That's awesome...show the rest of the country what small town Arkansas can do.

Butch_Cassidy

AAA blocked it.... I cant understand how PA can go to florida.... kentucky....Utah and california.... and little ole earle cant go to Georgia

BigLion10

Sounds about right PA could go play in Egypt but how dare anyone else want to leave the state

old.dole

HorseFeathers

mr.gametime

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 15, 2017, 05:14:59 pm

?????....Elaborate

First scheduled game.... May have refused to let them out of a contract, same with other nonconference opponents

Proud Buckaroo

AAA probably blocked it because Helena didn't want to drop the contract. When teams do non-conference. Both parties agree to either a one time contract or however many they both want to play each other for.

I heard that Smackover is trying to get CHG off the schedule for this season to play a Texas team. That was the last I heard of it. So, I'm not sure about that one.

Butch_Cassidy

It had nothing to do with Helena..... Helena is still on the schedule..... some BS rule that now applies to earle... and not PA ..... its all BS

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on May 15, 2017, 07:01:10 pm
It had nothing to do with Helena..... Helena is still on the schedule..... some BS rule that now applies to earle... and not PA ..... its all BS

???

beach bum

Giving a small town that opportunity would have been something really special to those kids and they would have remembered that experience their whole lives.... That is sad the AAA even got involved here.

Proud Buckaroo

So.... You were going to play two season openers?

MomaLion

Well, that really sucks for those kids...once in a lifetime high school opportunity  >:(

Jimbo Morphis

They were going to make Earle leave the West Memphis kids at home.

Butch_Cassidy

Dogg

Pit Bull

Yea, what West Memphis Kid OldDude? Aha, he's still haven't changed much, old fart trying to make something stank! 😂😂😂

bleudog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 15, 2017, 07:32:47 pm
So.... You were going to play two season openers?

Was the ESPN game scheduled too early in the year or would it have made too many regular season games?  Just curious what AAA cited for not sanctioning the "confirmed" game?

Butch_Cassidy

Its just a bunch of BULL crap.... THE GAME WAS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 26.... the day after PA plays Bryant..... I really dont give a crap but TRUST AND BELIEVE THIS..... TEAMS WILL PAY FOR THIS *!!!!!...... NO MERCY FROM BULLDOG NATION!!!!!and they can call it what they want to.... Its no love... NONE

Proud Buckaroo

Still haven't given a reason why AAA blocked it.

When was the game supposed to be scheduled? August 26th. That was the answer to that one.

Where was it supposed to be played? Georgia. That was answered earlier in the thread.

Did Earle have a bye week anytime on the schedule?

If they didn't. That's most likely why they were blocked from playing this game.

Helena is a contract game where as the Georgia game was probably a one time deal.

That would make Earle playing two games week one and then another game the following Friday.....

Smackover played two games week one. Played Warren at UAPB Monday. Then JC on Saturday. Then played Gurdon the following week. But,  We had a bye week following that three game stretch.

bleudog

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on May 16, 2017, 04:08:18 pm
Its just a bunch of BULL crap.... THE GAME WAS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 26.... the day after PA plays Bryant..... I really dont give a crap but TRUST AND BELIEVE THIS..... TEAMS WILL PAY FOR THIS *!!!!!...... NO MERCY FROM BULLDOG NATION!!!!!and they can call it what they want to.... Its no love... NONE

You seem to have a great deal of misdirected anger there BC.

We now know the game wasn't scheduled too early in the year but we still don't know why AAA wouldn't sanction the game.

Pit Bull

Something about it has to be bordering states is what I heard.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 16, 2017, 06:15:35 pm

Not sure what that has to do with anything...

Whatever their reason. AAA is probably the worst out of all HSAA.

I've watched so many different schools play each other in highschool.

Just last year I watched on ESPN a Florida team play a Texas team.

bleudog

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 16, 2017, 06:15:35 pm

Didn't a PA parent sue AAA so their kid who got ejected could play the next week in Utah?

dawgpound

Quote from: bleudog on May 16, 2017, 07:43:18 pm
Didn't a PA parent sue AAA so their kid who got ejected could play the next week in Utah?
yep

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on May 16, 2017, 07:43:18 pm

Yeah.... P.A has $$$ and I'm guessing Earle doesn't.....

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 16, 2017, 08:59:43 pm
Yeah.... P.A has $$$ and I'm guessing Earle doesn't.....

What was the number? 21 student athletes with financial aide offered....

bleudog

Playing at a team from a non-bordering state didn't seem to be a problem in 2016. 

In addition to Utah:  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/sep/17/pulaski-academy-56-mccracken-county-ky-/

Is there possibly another reason the game wasn't sanctioned?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on May 16, 2017, 10:56:40 pm
Playing at a team from a non-bordering state didn't seem to be a problem in 2016. 

In addition to Utah:  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/sep/17/pulaski-academy-56-mccracken-county-ky-/

Is there possibly another reason the game wasn't sanctioned?

It could very well be the reason I stated. Not having a bye week between a three game stretch.

Jimbo Morphis

mr.gametime

This sucks...i remember Shiloh Christian playing Trinty Christian out of Texas on ESPN a few years ago...would have been great for the young men playing

Rida4Life

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 17, 2017, 08:36:18 am
This sucks...i remember Shiloh Christian playing Trinty Christian out of Texas on ESPN a few years ago...would have been great for the young men playing

Euless Trinity... but yeah they did... the School that had a lot of Pacific Islanders on their team.  Doesn't make sense to me that the AAA would just veto this unless it had to do with them not getting a cut.... which is very likely.... just look at playoffs and state tournaments in other sports and see how the money all funnels back to the AAA.

Jimbo Morphis

Can someone get an official answer as to what happened? Did the AAA really stop this or was it something else?

Butch_Cassidy

The AAA did block the game siting this rule........ but how can PA play in Florida Utah California... kentucky

Rule 10. OUT-OF-STATE EVENTS.
A. Out-of-state events shall be approved on the same basis as in-state events.
1. Participation in school-sponsored interscholastic activities shall be restricted to the states
contiguous to Arkansas. School groups are allowed to participate with states that are not
contiguous to Arkansas if the site is within a 300-mile radius from the individual school in
Arkansas.
2. School groups may not spend more than one school night out-of-state. (Monday - Thursday.)
3. Athletic events exceeding 600 miles round trip require National Federation approval.
4. An AAA member school may not participate with an out-of-state school that is not in good standing
with their state association. The member school is responsible for ascertaining the status of such
school.
B. Exceptions to the above sections:
1. All events on the NASSP approved list.
2. The AAA Executive Director may make an exception to A. 1 and 2 above based on the educational
merits of the activity.

young_gun

To figure this out:

#1 What team were they going to play? Was that team a member of the Georgia Activities Association?

#2 What night was the game to be played on?

Wonderdog

Quote from: young_gun on May 17, 2017, 12:10:44 pm
To figure this out:

#1 What team were they going to play? Was that team a member of the Georgia Activities Association?

#2 What night was the game to be played on?
Same questions that popped in my mind before i viewed your reply.

Dogg

They were a member of the Georgia Activitues Assocation
The game would have been played on Saturday

bleudog

ESPN's interest has to be driven by SEC teams having interest in Bohanon(spl?). Is the lighting at Earle's field adequate to host a televised night game?  If not, is their a nearby field that would be up to minimum ESPN standards?

BigLion10

bleudog

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 22, 2017, 09:13:39 am
It wasnt going to be played in Arkansas bluedog

I understood that, but is a venue or opponent change an option to solve the sanction issue? 

If ESPN wants to showcase Bohanon and the AAA won't let Earle play that far from campus, the solution would seem to be to let Earle host.  If the GA team refuses to travel, find another team that will come to NEA in exchange for the ESPN exposure.

Pit Bull

Wonderdog

Maybe ask, or beg, A State to allow Earle to host in Jonesboro?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas