• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

View from my seat 1A Boys

Started by Oldref, March 14, 2017, 04:59:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldref

Another year and another state Championship decided. Congratulations to all the teams that made it to the state tournament. Probably about as wide open a tournament as we have seen in a while at least from my view, Pretty sure most of us thought it was Guy/Perkins year and they came thru winning it all. Bay boys and Nemo Vista Girls had their state championship streaks end and some new teams figured in the mix. ICC had their best team since they won it all a few years back..... thought they had a real chance to go all the way with two of the best players they have had since their coach played. Their game with Shirley was really a good one. Had seen Cooper play in the NEA and he looked ok but he really came on and played well was a huge challenge to teams to try and stop him the last month of the season. That extra year is going to make him a man among boys when he is a senior. He and Reynolds both are really good.  Shirley and Kirby both had really nice teams and both won a ton of games.

Bay had a nice year by most teams standards but was disappointed to not make it back to the finals. Had some nice wins and won the NEA tournament again which is always great in our neck of the woods. Had a great group of 8 seniors that had so many great wins in their careers. I would bet there are not two players that have been on the floor together more minutes than Layne and Utley........both started for four years and unless they were in foul trouble never left the floor. Was really nice to see those Bay players get behind the Lady Jackets at state!

Thanks to all of those seniors at Bay and other schools for all the great memories!! You all were fun to watch and made memories that will last a lifetime! 

Congratulations to Guy and Shirley for a great championship game............Congratulations Guy Perkins State 1A Champs!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas