• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Shirley will win it all

Started by JimmyChitwood, March 06, 2017, 09:22:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

Shirley may win it all cause Class A sucks this year.  I've also had my fill of Clinton basketball   

SackAttack

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SackAttack on March 06, 2017, 09:29:58 pm
Shirley may win it all cause Class A sucks this year.  I've also had my fill of Clinton basketball
good to finally hear from u! And what exactly do you mean you have had your fill of clinton ball? Didn't understand

Hero of Twin Groves

Probably talking about the crummy coaching that has plagued the school.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 09:38:06 pm
good to finally hear from u! And what exactly do you mean you have had your fill of clinton ball? Didn't understand

I'm no expert in context of random online posts...but I'd guess he means he's sick of watching a bad product be put on the floor. Not my opinion, just saying I think that's what he means.

Hero of Twin Groves

In my opinion they ran off a better coach in jones to bring in a brown disciple. Not the only team in the area that lost a jones and was worse off for it. I'm looking at you timbo.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 06, 2017, 09:41:42 pm
I'm no expert in context of random online posts...but I'd guess he means he's sick of watching a bad product be put on the floor. Not my opinion, just saying I think that's what he means.
okay I gotcha

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 09:48:11 pm
In my opinion they ran off a better coach in jones to bring in a brown disciple. Not the only team in the area that lost a jones and was worse off for it. I'm looking at you timbo.
what did jones do at pangburn this year? Isnt that where timbos jones go?

Hero of Twin Groves

Not sure, I know that it actually meant something to make 2a state that only had 12 teams.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 09:48:11 pm
clintons coach is doing a good job, took them to a state tournament within the 2nd year, before he was the head coach the sr boys had a total of 2 wins! And the year before that only around 5 wins. Clintons coach is doing a great job with them boys they won around 18+ games this year.  And keep in mind its only his 2nd year of coaching things are only gonna get better!

SackAttack

Is that why they are transferring to Shirley.   Ask banner.   More coming.   

Hero of Twin Groves

Well they also dropped in classification.

PeedeecreekBoy99

March 06, 2017, 09:58:31 pm #62 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:06:05 pm by PeedeecreekBoy99
ya

PeedeecreekBoy99

March 06, 2017, 09:59:43 pm #63 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:06:29 pm by PeedeecreekBoy99
Quote from: SackAttack on March 06, 2017, 09:57:49 pm
Is that why they are transferring to Shirley.   Ask banner.   More coming.
Idk

Hero of Twin Groves

Why would they go to Shirley? It's no GP

PeedeecreekBoy99

Its what banner said im not sure may not happen.

BannerMountainMan

Only three people have transferred in from Clinton to Shirley...all three which live in Shirley school district. 1 actually lives s  right beside Shirley schools and only went to Clinton because his mom is a teacher...the first one decided to move because he wanted more playing time and somehow now has more playing time at Shirley than he ever would at Clinton and Shirley whooped Clinton..makes since huh? And then that opened the flood gates..it happens all the time between the two schools  but the other way..I know so many people that moved to Clinton from Shirley because of football and I guess now it's basketballs time to take over the county idk

BannerMountainMan

I have the real reason people are leaving Clinton and going to Shirley and 4/5 of Clinton will agree but should I say it or should I delay it

Bigtimebasketballfan

Might as well say it. Looks to me like both jones replacements are doing better. Clinton made the state and timbo made the regional. Something that doesn't usually happen at either school. Pangburn didn't even get out of their district and I'm not sure where the other jones ended up...riverview possibly?

thebigtiger

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on March 07, 2017, 09:34:53 am
Might as well say it. Looks to me like both jones replacements are doing better. Clinton made the state and timbo made the regional. Something that doesn't usually happen at either school. Pangburn didn't even get out of their district and I'm not sure where the other jones ended up...riverview possibly?
Couldnt agree more!  I've been saying it all year.  We do more with less and I still think the best is yet to come. 
Fired Up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: thebigtiger on March 07, 2017, 09:42:39 am
Couldnt agree more!  I've been saying it all year.  We do more with less and I still think the best is yet to come. 
Fired Up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
fired up

thebigtiger

Even though Bigtimebasketballfan we were extremely disappointed in missing state.  Seems like after the hot start we could've carried a little more momentum.  But some of those teams got better towards the end of the year.
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Don't doubt us next year

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: thebigtiger on March 07, 2017, 10:04:18 am
Even though Bigtimebasketballfan we were extremely disappointed in missing state.  Seems like after the hot start we could've carried a little more momentum.  But some of those teams got better towards the end of the year.
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Don't doubt us next year
big tiger who all are u returning? how many seinors did you have on your starting 5

JimmyChitwood

If anyone thinks Timmy "Whistlebritches" Jones was a good coach they need admittance to a mental facility. Find a straightjacket for that man. Jones could throw a rock at the ground and miss. He had some serious problems. Won 3 games in his last year and that was his highest win total! Not like Clinton was playing some tough competition or anything. Much better off with Gardner or anyone else. I hate to say it but they might be better off with Daddy Eagle than whistlebritches.

Hero of Twin Groves

Culppepermtn999

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 07, 2017, 12:37:58 pm
Whistlebritches? Explain.
Whistlebritches- Anyone(jones) who can take the best talent Clinton had in over 15 years and win 3 games.

Captain General

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 09:55:17 pm
clintons coach is doing a good job, took them to a state tournament within the 2nd year, before he was the head coach the sr boys had a total of 2 wins! And the year before that only around 5 wins. Clintons coach is doing a great job with them boys they won around 18+ games this year.  And keep in mind its only his 2nd year of coaching things are only gonna get better!

I know many people dissatisfied with the coaching at Clinton.
As far as transfers, I would say it would be because if your not one of the "clickish" families you don't get much recognition or a chance.
But it's been this way for years at Clinton.  If your not a butt kisser take a seat.

Culppepermtn999

March 07, 2017, 01:18:59 pm #77 Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:22:55 pm by Culppepermtn999
Quote from: Captain General on March 07, 2017, 01:13:41 pm
As far as transfers, I would say it would be because if your not one of the "clickish" families you don't get much recognition or a chance.
But it's been this way for years at Clinton.  If your not a butt kisser take a seat.
there coach right now has done a good job this year though. This is a good post!

thebigman3

Anyone else heard talk that Shirley is going to burn a Thunderbird sometime soon? This is just talk, but it seemed like a little far-fetched idea to me. I am jw.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2017, 01:41:35 pm
Anyone else heard talk that Shirley is going to burn a Thunderbird sometime soon? This is just talk, but it seemed like a little far-fetched idea to me. I am jw.
yea Saturday evening at 4:30

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 07, 2017, 01:43:50 pm
yea Saturday evening at 4:30
I'm not talking about the game. Good comeback though. I heard they were going to make a thunderbird, burn it, and live stream it on social media.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2017, 01:47:05 pm
I'm not talking about the game. Good comeback though. I heard they were going to make a thunderbird, burn it, and live stream it on social media.
im not sure I doubt that happens

thebigman3

PeedeecreekBoy99

StateChamps09

Burn a thunderbird soon. Tut tut tut. Burn one, go ahead it'll just make it that more exciting if Shirley takes a loss in the finals.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2017, 01:41:35 pm
I would expect no less!! This is about as juvenile an idea as Ive ever heard. Which one of you guys came up with this Einstein of an idea.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Captain General on March 07, 2017, 01:13:41 pm
As far as transfers, I would say it would bepl because if your not one of the "clickish" families you don't get much recognition or a chance.
and that's how it's always gonna be until a coach comes in and ignores all the "clickish" families and plays the actual ones that are better. Just a few years back a coach was fired because one school board member didn't like him. That is how powerful these families are..

BannerMountainMan

batesville junior high

thebigman3

SackAttack

So there is this big bonfire / pep rally for Shirley this week?

BannerMountainMan

Tomorrow night..all tickets are sold though. All 250 in the first hour

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 07, 2017, 07:10:23 pm
Tomorrow night..all tickets are sold though. All 250 in the first hour
Do yall have plenty of wood for the fire?? If not Im sure I can get Ernest T and Backboard over there tomorrow with saws and cut down that pesky dadgum tree

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on March 07, 2017, 09:13:30 pm
Do yall have plenty of wood for the fire?? If not Im sure I can get Ernest T and Backboard over there tomorrow with saws and cut down that pesky dadgum tree
You talking about the one that's in the middle of the road right before you get to the school?

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2017, 10:12:13 pm
You talking about the one that's in the middle of the road right before you get to the school?
That would be it!! Lets get that cut down soon

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: SackAttack on March 07, 2017, 10:27:53 pm
That would be it!! Lets get that cut down soon
I noticed that when we came there for our conference game this year. I think whichever of our coaches was driving the bus almost ran over some man and woman on a bicycle trying to avoid tearing a school bus mirror off on that tree.

SackAttack

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 07, 2017, 10:35:10 pm
I noticed that when we came there for our conference game this year. I think whichever of our coaches was driving the bus almost ran over some man and woman on a bicycle trying to avoid tearing a school bus mirror off on that tree.
I think I remember those two people. They were traumatized to say the least!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SackAttack on March 08, 2017, 09:47:57 am
I think I remember those two people. They were traumatized to say the least!
i could use some firewood for my wood stove if yall end up cutting it down give me a hollar

GimmeABreak!

Anyone from Clinton knows why the school is going in the wrong direction. Southside Bee Branch and Shirley ,however, are both moving in the right direction. This is not just about athletics, nut the whole school system!    Good luck to Shirley, bring back that championship!

JimmyChitwood

I can tell you why. Just private message me.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 10, 2017, 10:21:08 pm
Yes jimmy neutron has all the ansers. I herrd the chosen one on here is from bay. I also herd he can step into this coors bottle he's so skinney. Could be a rumer though. Ooooooo rumer has it! Ooooooooo rumer has it
If you only knew eagle boy, if you only knew.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas