• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How did Mount Ida do?

Started by brotherdew, March 05, 2017, 10:49:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherdew

Now that we have moved past the tournament and on to the finals....
How did Mount Ida do as a host site?
I know a lot of people and businesses put a lot of work into trying to provide a good tournament for everyone and was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were?

Thechosen1

thebigman3

I think they did a very good job!! A lot better than Izard last year. The games I saw where the lobby was almost full back to the door was only abt 2 or 3 games. But 1a has the most truee fans so it would be hard to find a place to fit all of us!😂

bscinar

MtIda was a great host- very good job.

Moonshiner

March 06, 2017, 01:24:53 am #4 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:30:15 am by Moonshiner
Great job

J.D.

JimmyChitwood

The people that worked it were great and the gym has a great atmosphere. Not too big, but big enough to hold a good crowd.

PeedeecreekBoy99

I loved it! The gym is really cool the way it is set up. Definitely was packed but made an awesome atmosphere.

M.I. D

Thanks to everyone here in Mount Ida that contributed. They had several school staff members, volunteers and business that contributed. I got to watch several games. 1a is very passionate about their basketball and it was a great tournament. On thurs evening I bet there was close to 2,000 people in the gym. By far the most ever. Friday and Saturday it got full too. Great atmosphere and a very well run tournament by it's host. I hope we get to have it again in the future.

BlueDevilFan

Great host other than the 3.5 hour drive for me.... Parking not an issue at all they had shuttle services running for the distance parking which was nice, however a good stretch of the legs was nice after the long ride.  The gym seem to hold most everyone, some did stand and there was some sitting in the isle ways during the Shirley games, but like someone said 1A is really hyped about our teams and most 1A schools travel very well. 

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 06, 2017, 12:44:31 pm
Great host other than the 3.5 hour drive for me.... Parking not an issue at all they had shuttle services running for the distance parking which was nice, however a good stretch of the legs was nice after the long ride.  The gym seem to hold most everyone, some did stand and there was some sitting in the isle ways during the Shirley games, but like someone said 1A is really hyped about our teams and most 1A schools travel very well.
thats why 1a is so fun to watch!

ballmember

Met some nice folks at Mt Ida, seems like a good community.   Hope it moves north next year.   Would love to see it played at Mountain Home and one of the A schools sponsor  it.    Just a thought.   However, that might take too much cooperation, don't know.   

Oldref

Mount Ida from my house in NEA was over 230 miles just a little closer than Nashville a couple years ago LOL. Let me say that the people who hosted the tournament did a great job and were very helpful in every way. Just could not have asked for anyone to  have been nicer. AAA does need to address selling daily passes so people can at least go outside and come back in with a hand stamp or something. At least it was in a town this year that had some gas stations and other things. Mount Ida is a nice small town. Great job Mount Ida Arkansas!!

ballmember

That tournament was very good and well run.  However, the two gentlemen taking up the money could have cut someone a little slack and let them go to their vehicle and get something they forgot without paying again.   That aint the way the A tournaments are ran that I have been to.    I realize AAA is considered God but they are not; the tournament is held at Mt Ida , not Little Rock.   Rules can be bent a little.   Did not give folks a good first impression.     Understand that volunteers are hard to find.   Had a lot of nice people there.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on March 15, 2017, 01:32:07 pm
That tournament was very good and well run.  However, the two gentlemen taking up the money could have cut someone a little slack and let them go to their vehicle and get something they forgot without paying again.   That aint the way the A tournaments are ran that I have been to.    I realize AAA is considered God but they are not; the tournament is held at Mt Ida , not Little Rock.   Rules can be bent a little.   Did not give folks a good first impression.     Understand that volunteers are hard to find.   Had a lot of nice people there.

One of the guys taking money got testy with me cause I handed him a folded up 5...He handed it back and made me straighten it out....

Moonshiner

The only complaint I heard was that there was no water provided for the teams at the benches.  That and the PA wasn't very loud.  But still a great tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas