• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PBR METRO TOURNAMENT

Started by RedLion, March 05, 2017, 11:14:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RedLion

Any observations to share? Cabot beat Searcy in the final. Both went 4-1 in games played. Pitch count rules played a big role in tournament play. 5 games in 6 days!

Chief_Osceola™

I couldn't ever figure out how exactly the bracket worked.  The teams with pitching depth had better weeks.  It looked like PA and Russellville were out of pitching by Saturday.  Maumelle had a pretty good week, just too many mistakes in the games we lost. 

LeftBench

Great way to start the season. Some quality teams getting to play each other right out of the gate is usually a good thing. I know CAC and Watson Chapel played a great 9 inning game on Monday night. CAC pulled it out 10-9 after blowing a 6 run lead in the bottom of the 7th and getting out of a bases loaded, no outs jam with the score tied. Wouldn't surprise me to see both teams being near the top of their class when the post season rolls around.

I saw that Lonoke lost a couple games, but was playing some tough competition. Did anyone get a chance to watch any of their games?

Chief_Osceola™

Hard to say on Lonoke.  They had a tough draw with Cabot and Searcy.  Watson Chapel going 0-2 in pool play was a surprise.

LeftBench

I think Watson Chapel had some keys guys out. I saw that their Ole Miss commit was gone for basketball but was back and pitched after pool play.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: LeftBench on March 07, 2017, 11:24:55 am
I think Watson Chapel had some keys guys out. I saw that their Ole Miss commit was gone for basketball but was back and pitched after pool play.

Yep, Hill had a good outing.  I'm not sure how many guys came over from basketball, but that would explain the poor showing in pool play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas