• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys first round upset predictions?

Started by no mascot, February 26, 2017, 07:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

StateChamps09

Marvell over bay. Not sure if that's considered an upset...

BannerChaser95

I'll be that guy, deers boys won't win a game  im calling the shocker. ICC boys go down first game. If I'm wrong oh well. But if I called then boom haha

Thechosen1

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 07:50:03 pm
This won't happen. Lol

StateChamps09

Marvell is a good team... haven't seen your alma matter play at all this year. Just calling it now, if it happens I'm a genius, if a don't, well I'm just another person here saying things that have no real truth behind it. Hahahaha

Thechosen1

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 08:19:42 pm
Marvell is a good team... haven't seen your alma matter play at all this year. Just calling it now, if it happens I'm a genius, if a don't, well I'm just another person here saying things that have no real truth behind it. Hahahaha
Like me lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 08:19:42 pm
THATS RIGHT. lol this is all for fun, we predict things like we have some inside source. But we're all out here kinda guessing. ICC could win state, however my magic 8 ball said I could pick them to go home early. So I will.

D6Bound

I'll go make a prediction. I may not be mathematically accurate but I'm gonna say Marvell over Bay by 10

D6Bound

And Coach gets thrown out along with 10 fans after kicking over all the trash cans in the gym

Thechosen1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 26, 2017, 08:58:22 pm
And Coach gets thrown out along with 10 fans after kicking over all the trash cans in the gym
lol same for ICC. ICC beat us but I hope we see y'all again because y'all really aren't a threat to anyone or good at all.

D6Bound

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 26, 2017, 09:08:22 pm
lol same for ICC. ICC beat us but I hope we see y'all again because y'all really aren't a threat to anyone or good at all.
Could you please remind all of us the score of last nights game? Pretty bad whooping you got against a team that's not very good in my opinion...

Thechosen1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 26, 2017, 08:58:22 pm
But in all honesty, we'll still be playing while y'all are on the couch.

Thechosen1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 26, 2017, 09:10:56 pm
Could you please remind all of us the score of last nights game? Pretty bad whooping you got against a team that's not very good in my opinion...
We'll take it but if we happened to see y'all again (won't) it would be the other way around. We'll see who makes it farther Mr walker.

elvis26

;D marvell will spank bay good!!!!!!!!!!!!

D6Bound

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 26, 2017, 09:12:31 pm
We'll take it but if we happened to see y'all again (won't) it would be the other way around. We'll see who makes it farther Mr walker.
pretty bold statement Mr. Lane. The funny thing is, that's not who I am

Thechosen1

Quote from: elvis26 on February 26, 2017, 09:13:09 pm
;D marvell will spank bay good!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are gonna see. So was Guy last year, Stephens in 13. What happened then?

Thechosen1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 26, 2017, 09:14:06 pm
pretty bold statement Mr. Lane. The funny thing is, that's not who I am
Funny thing is, that's not who I am either.

HoopMan

Love this time of the year! Things get pretty heated! They obviously do on here as well! lol

D6Bound

Quote from: HoopMan on February 26, 2017, 09:28:33 pm
Love this time of the year! Things get pretty heated! They obviously do on here as well! lol
getting REAL wild indeed  :o

HoopMan

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 07:50:03 pm

I definitely think it's possible. But I don't see it happening. The seniors for bay have played (and won) back to back titles and their coach has what.. 4 rings in the past 6 years? To well coached, and to experienced. Bay by 12

Thechosen1

Quote from: HoopMan on February 26, 2017, 09:33:30 pm
I definitely think it's possible. But I don't see it happening. The seniors for bay have played (and won) back to back titles and their coach has what.. 4 rings in the past 6 years? To well coached, and to experienced. Bay by 12
I do agree. And I've made a fool of myself on some posts, but I'm not here to get a grade or make friends, I'm here to talk basketball. Experience vs no experience in the state tourney becomes a huge factor.

HoopMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 26, 2017, 09:36:16 pm
I do agree. And I've made a fool of myself on some posts, but I'm not here to get a grade or make friends, I'm here to talk basketball. Experience vs no experience in the state tourney becomes a huge factor.

Agreed. I think he will have them ready to play. That is the main thing you have to do for your team this time of year.

Thechosen1

Quote from: HoopMan on February 26, 2017, 09:40:02 pm
Agreed. I think he will have them ready to play. That is the main thing you have to do for your team this time of year.
Marvell is a good team, I haven't seen them play, but I don't figure these seniors will go out like this after back to back titles.

94hogs

February 26, 2017, 09:52:34 pm #23 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:00:35 pm by 94hogs
Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 26, 2017, 09:08:22 pm
So if they arent any good at all and they aren't a threat to anyone what does it say for Bay losing to them by almost 20?! Whas was it a poster suggested? Ahhh. Humility.
Heres a thought: I hope my team does it! I know they can do it! Experience will carry them through! Our coach is a pro! Instead of bashing other teams build your team up.

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on February 26, 2017, 09:52:34 pm
So if they arent any good at all and they aren't a threat to anyone what does it say for Bay losing to them by almost 20?! Whas was it a poster suggested? Ahhh. Humility.
You can shut up and stop replying to me you're pointless. Just a loser that comes around when his teams win every 4-5 years.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 26, 2017, 09:58:04 pm
You can shut up and stop replying to me you're pointless. Just a loser that comes around when his teams win every 4-5 years.
I rest my case! 😂 I honestly cant believe you are still allowed to post on here.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HoopMan on February 26, 2017, 09:33:30 pm

That's what I think too.... Only way Marvell wins us if they jump out big and hang on at the end .... They're athletic... Can play some defense at times....But bay should have the been there done that and know what it takes to win....Could go either way IMO but going with bay by 7

FaceInTheCrowd

I think Bay vs. Marvell will be a sloppy game.  I've seen Bay play twice this year and they seem to always be on the verge of out of control.  I think if they are on, they're on, and if they are not, it's just sloppy.  They don't have the depth that they've had in previous years.  I do think their previous experience winning in the State Tournament will put them over the top with Marvell. 

ICC shot the ball unbelievably well Saturday night in the finals.  They had more consistency then Bay. It could be because Calico Rock is in their District, so it's a gym that they are comfortable shooting in.  It will be interesting to see  how that translates to playing in Mt. Ida.

Thechosen1

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 27, 2017, 07:21:03 am
I think Bay vs. Marvell will be a sloppy game.  I've seen Bay play twice this year and they seem to always be on the verge of out of control.  I think if they are on, they're on, and if they are not, it's just sloppy.  They don't have the depth that they've had in previous years.  I do think their previous experience winning in the State Tournament will put them over the top with Marvell. 

ICC shot the ball unbelievably well Saturday night in the finals.  They had more consistency then Bay. It could be because Calico Rock is in their District, so it's a gym that they are comfortable shooting in.  It will be interesting to see  how that translates to playing in Mt. Ida.
+1

Woodrow1

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 27, 2017, 07:21:03 am

ICC did shoot the ball great Saturday.  But, after watching all the games last week, I think ICC is better than Bay this year.  They are bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic.  The Reynolds kid was the best player on the floor this past week, and Cooper might have been the 2nd best.  Anyone that watched this last week's games and doesn't agree with me has blinders on...

Thechosen1

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2017, 12:59:14 pm
ICC did shoot the ball great Saturday.  But, after watching all the games last week, I think ICC is better than Bay this year.  They are bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic.  The Reynolds kid was the best player on the floor this past week, and Cooper might have been the 2nd best.  Anyone that watched this last week's games and doesn't agree with me has blinders on...
Reynolds is a pretty good player but he's not better than the reigning 1a state MVP and is not better than Dustin Utley. Good player but is not in this discussion. Had a better week maybe but that's as far as it should go.

Thechosen1

We will see what the kid is made of in the state tourney. Don't get me wrong a good player, but it was just a Regionals win..

Woodrow1

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 01:21:40 pm
We will see what the kid is made of in the state tourney. Don't get me wrong a good player, but it was just a Regionals win..

He was the best player last week, like I said.   Layne is a great player, but not near as athletic as Reynolds. 

Thechosen1

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2017, 01:26:27 pm
He was the best player last week, like I said.   Layne is a great player, but not near as athletic as Reynolds.
I agree with that but Layne is a better player.

Sparklemoon

thebigman3

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 26, 2017, 10:00:17 pm
Guy Shirley bay All go down. Deer wins state champienship by judges decision Over Nevada
Do you watch basketball?

StateChamps09

He's trolling, he's just not good at it.

D6Bound

Reynolds had 33 on the reigning state MVP didn't he?

Thechosen1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2017, 06:05:52 pm
Reynolds had 33 on the reigning state MVP didn't he?
lol you act as if taylor Layne has never scored 33. Reynolds had one good game get over yourselves idiots.

D6Bound

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 06:07:38 pm
lol you act as if taylor Layne has never scored 33. Reynolds had one good game get over yourselves idiots.
easy there Trump Jr. just making a statement. I forgot that Bay has the best of everything and anyone who disagrees is an idiot LOL

Thechosen1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2017, 06:16:26 pm
easy there Trump Jr. just making a statement. I forgot that Bay has the best of everything and anyone who disagrees is an idiot LOL
Okay Hillary.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 06:19:35 pm
Okay Hillary.

I'm on your side here chosen one. I'm a trump voter. But Reynolds has
Been good all year long, not just one game.

SackAttack

I know a couple of guys that got sanctioned and banned for a whole lot less than you guys are doing here today!! IJS

Woodrow1

Quote from: SackAttack on February 27, 2017, 06:24:51 pm
I know a couple of guys that got sanctioned and banned for a whole lot less than you guys are doing here today!! IJS

What are we doing to get banned?

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2017, 06:24:30 pm
hey now I'm not a Hillary voter!

Thechosen1

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2017, 06:24:30 pm
Of course, he's obviously a good player. But I'm not going to say he's better than Layne based off of one game. When he's the reigning state finals MVP.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 06:43:13 pm
Of course, he's obviously a good player. But I'm not going to say he's better than Layne based off of one game. When he's the reigning state finals MVP.

What you are saying means Layne had one good game. So you're contradicting yourself. Because the state finals is one game.

D6Bound

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 06:43:13 pm
That doesn't take away from Reynolds. Layne just had a better team. And I do recall that Pritchett did have 30 in Hot Springs last year while the second highest was what? 15? If Reynolds doesn't perform to his capability they won't make it past the first round

Woodrow1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2017, 06:49:55 pm
That doesn't take away from Reynolds. Layne just had a better team. And I do recall that Pritchett did have 30 in Hot Springs last year while the second highest was what? 15? If Reynolds doesn't perform to his capability they won't make it past the first round

+1

LHHC

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2017, 06:44:57 pm
What you are saying means Layne had one good game. So you're contradicting yourself. Because the state finals is one game.

He wasnt even the best player on his team!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas