• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston Coaches

Started by WarriorFan, February 26, 2017, 08:33:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WarriorFan

Any thoughts? after last nights display for un-sportsmanship  after the boys game I would be embarrassed and outraged if i had a kid playing for him. What does the charleston people thing of this?

TheTruth2010

I'm sure they are proud and say they did nothing wrong. After that they will find something to bash us on.

tweaky1

February 26, 2017, 08:52:51 am #2 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:03:05 am by tweaky1
I don't live in Charleston and I'm not a huge Ross fan, but I was there. I thought keeping the teams separate after a heated contest was the right call. They had a post game handshake. With emotions that high the chances for a scuffle are greater. I thought Lamars fans booing during the trophy presentation was uncalled for.

xadboy

After losing a emotional rivalry game, I could understand not participating in the prayer circle. But could have handled it differently, they could have bowed their heads down and participated from a distance. The Charleston coaches didn't handle the situation poorly. Good luck Charleston!

GBattack

Sounds to me like Lamar fans being Lamar fans. Every time they come to town there is drama. Prayer is NOT for spectacle. It's a personal choice and Ross's decision was a good one. Get to the locker room and say your own prayers if you wish. But booing for NOT praying...well mighty Christian of the fans to do that...

WarriorFan

Quote from: GBattack on February 26, 2017, 10:19:33 am
Sounds to me like Lamar fans being Lamar fans. Every time they come to town there is drama. Prayer is NOT for spectacle. It's a personal choice and Ross's decision was a good one. Get to the locker room and say your own prayers if you wish. But booing for NOT praying...well mighty Christian of the fans to do that...
Do you think it might not be Lamar with the Drama, Charleston has a reputation around the area for thinking they are better than everyone else. And when something does not go their way, they act like a bunch of spoiled children. Coaches adminstration players fans ect..... Booing I think was when one of the Charleston players wanted to pray and the coach, I use the term coach lightly, told the kid not to and come back. If I was a parent I would be so mad and demand the administration do something about him. BJs Ross lost the game for you, he got the technical foul and that started a 7 point swing. And Charleston players could not over come the bad coaching. I feel sorry for the kids that have to play under that type of leadership. 

GBattack

You guys booed 15-18 year old kids during their AWARD CEREMONY... don't preach class to us... and losers always accuse winners of cheating...doesn't make it true. The town of Charleston (including the school) is one of the best in the state. Academics, athletics and the arts...we work as a community to fund our programs and make them great from little league on. THAT'S why we win...

TheTruth2010

Quote from: GBattack on February 26, 2017, 10:19:33 am
Say what you want. Had Lamar lost they would have joined the circle. Guarantee that. Did you see the way your players acted? One instance where lee tryed to give number 12 a five. 12 gets this ugly look on his face and and don't give a five back. Then lee gave him a five anyway and 12 is crying for a foul. Haha awesome. So you wonder why these 2 teams don't get along. Every time fenner made a shot which wasn't very often last night he had something to mouth off. It's over now, Good luck in the tourney. If there is a rematch in state finals it could get ugly.

WarriorFan

Quote from: GBattack on February 26, 2017, 10:37:54 am
You guys booed 15-18 year old kids during their AWARD CEREMONY... don't preach class to us... and losers always accuse winners of cheating...doesn't make it true. The town of Charleston (including the school) is one of the best in the state. Academics, athletics and the arts...we work as a community to fund our programs and make them great from little league on. THAT'S why we win...
I will agree with you about the booing, should have not happened. But you cant post on here about how good Charleston is, ask anyone that is not from Charleston how classless they are. I think it is great that your community supports your school.

xadboy

The prayer situation was handled wrong by everyone on "BOTH" sides. We as fans should all be embarrassed by the way we acted. After all this is a game for kids, isn't it? Everyone needs to let this go and think about how to handle things better in the future and that includes myself. So to the parents of the Charleston players I apologise for the way things happened. We should be setting examples of how to handle ourselves, think we (both Lamar and Charleston) didn't do that. Get over it and good luck to both teams going forward in the playoffs.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: xadboy on February 27, 2017, 09:04:37 pm
The prayer situation was handled wrong by everyone on "BOTH" sides. We as fans should all be embarrassed by the way we acted. After all this is a game for kids, isn't it? Everyone needs to let this go and think about how to handle things better in the future and that includes myself. So to the parents of the Charleston players I apologise for the way things happened. We should be setting examples of how to handle ourselves, think we (both Lamar and Charleston) didn't do that. Get over it and good luck to both teams going forward in the playoffs.
I think everyone gets caught up in the emotions of the game. Just when Lamar and Charleston get together it just raises about 10 levels. I said things that I shouldn't have, I participated in the booing, but it was right after that heated game. I've had a chance to cool off and realized how entertained I was by the kids that just played a great game. Good luck to the Tigers, and go warriors.

SackAttack

I was not there and I didnt see it but I will say this. Ross's reaction is all in character. That wasnt a statement about his kids or the community or school. If you know Ross at all this shouldnt surprise anyone. Its all about him! He cant help himself!

macadoshis

What has been said has been said.  It's over!  Let it go.  State starts tomorrow night and that's what everyone needs to be focusing on.  I wish both teams good luck and maybe we'll meet again in the finals.  Let's move on people. 

macadoshis

I've had alot of dealings with alot of Charlestons fans and admins.   Classless is not a word to describe them in my book.  Every fan base has bad apples including our own.   People want to find fault with a winniing program and  always want to see a really good athlete fail. I've seen it first hand   I don't understand it and never will.  I already pull for Lamar but I'll always cheer for Charleston if we're not playing them.  Alot of people here don't like that about me and I'm sorry.   I have many good friendships in the Tiger community and they have always treated my family well.  I hope both teams do great this week. 

Head Lion

I do feel there is some jealousy toward Charleston because of their success. I used to be turned off by some of their posters, but 95% just proud of a good school & a great athletic program.

bobcats

I went to high school with the superintendent at Charleston and can tell you he is a first class man and administrator.

neds

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2017, 10:03:49 pm
I do feel there is some jealousy toward Charleston because of their success. I used to be turned off by some of their posters, but 95% just proud of a good school & a great athletic program.

Very true head lion

Lrbasketballguru

Charleston: 3 state championship appearances in last 5 seasons. As an ECS fan, worried sick when we have to play them. Great program

ChucktownTiger

Don't wanna get anything fired back up but xadboy I just wanted to say that it was probably hard for you to see but ross and several kids did bow their heads and didn't raise them until Lamar had finished praying. I can't say that I've seen Charleston pray with the other team after a game ever. I may be crazy but the Regional Tournament is the first time I had seen that. We sure never did it. We prayed before and after the game in the locker room with one another and our coaches. I don't really see why it makes Ross or Charleston folks bad because they didn't join the circle. I sure was shocked when I heard all the booing coming from people who were upset about not praying. A little hypocrisy if you ask me. The retaliation from a few ctown fans was out of line as well. Anywho I always enjoy my chats at games with xadboy and Mac and hope to see you guys again. Just wanted to clear that up.

macadoshis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on February 28, 2017, 02:52:14 pm
Don't wanna get anything fired back up but xadboy I just wanted to say that it was probably hard for you to see but ross and several kids did bow their heads and didn't raise them until Lamar had finished praying. I can't say that I've seen Charleston pray with the other team after a game ever. I may be crazy but the Regional Tournament is the first time I had seen that. We sure never did it. We prayed before and after the game in the locker room with one another and our coaches. I don't really see why it makes Ross or Charleston folks bad because they didn't join the circle. I sure was shocked when I heard all the booing coming from people who were upset about not praying. A little hypocrisy if you ask me. The retaliation from a few ctown fans was out of line as well. Anywho I always enjoy my chats at games with xadboy and Mac and hope to see you guys again. Just wanted to clear that up.
You can't get rid of me that easy CT.  I'll be at the majority of the Tiger football games from now on.  I'll even make some of the pregame get together.   Hunter will be playing on Saturday so my Fridays will be open. 

xadboy

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on February 28, 2017, 02:52:14 pm
No problems here. Enjoy chatting with all my Charleston fearless Friday friends. Good luck hope to see you at state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas