• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4Clinton 1Episcopal

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 25, 2017, 06:19:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Thoughts 1st round of state..Clinton pulled 1 upset and can they pull another one out of their butts..

neds

biglion1985

Bwana

February 25, 2017, 07:44:07 pm #3 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:18:25 pm by Bwana
Your assuming ECS gets past Tuckerman.. Update: ECS slipped past Tuckerman 54-48..

NeaBaller21

The Clinton I saw play the other night might lose by 30

BannerMountainMan

Lrbasketballguru

Anything can happen. Heard someone say before Osceola that Clinton rarely loses 3 straight and was due for a win, and look what happened. Go figure.

BannerMountainMan

NeaBaller21

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2017, 11:43:43 pm
I'm going with Clinton by 17
Wow! I'd make a huge bet with you if I knew you was picking that ! Lol

870baller15

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on February 25, 2017, 11:32:08 pm
Anything can happen. Heard someone say before Osceola that Clinton rarely loses 3 straight and was due for a win, and look what happened. Go figure.

They might have been right about that but if they lose now they're gone.

neds

Lrbasketballguru

Can anybody tell me about Clinton? Scorers, defense, etc.

Jimbo Morphis

jackets101

neds

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2017, 11:43:43 pm
I'm going with Clinton by 17

Wow, really?
Harrison beat ECS early in the year by 13 at their place and they lost to JA Fair by 11 at their place. AR Prep (last years 4A state champ) beat ECS by 4. No one has beaten them by 17. Clinton may be much better than this board is giving them credit for.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: neds on February 26, 2017, 06:50:36 pm
Wow, really?
Harrison beat ECS early in the year by 13 at their place and they lost to JA Fair by 11 at their place. AR Prep (last years 4A state champ) beat ECS by 4. No one has beaten them by 17. Clinton may be much better than this board is giving them credit for.
Additionally, Fair and Harrison may be better teams than us, but that was before the team hit their stride I'd say for sure. However, Clinton will give Episcopal everything they have, and Episcopal will not want to be the next #1 seed that falls to them. In other words both will have fuel beforehand and we could have the makings of a great game.

BigMan15

RedWolf275

I watched Manila take Clinton apart by 29. ECS may not beat them that bad but should advance pretty easily.

Lrbasketballguru

Gotta stay out of foul trouble. I like our chances if we do.

JimmyChitwood

I'm gonna take "David over Goliath" by 1. This game will go close because Episcopal will not see it coming and overlook the Jackets. Free throws will win it for the Jackets.

neds

Head Lion

I predict lots of PAIN for Clinton.

Lrbasketballguru

Episcopal will not overlook Clinton. Maybe if they hadn't beaten Osceola, but not now.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2017, 09:27:30 pm
I predict lots of PAIN for Clinton.
Manila is not 29 points better than Clinton. Clinton was up by 4 with about 3 and a half minutes left in the second quarter when the (NEA) officials decided to pay Clinton back for defeating their beloved Osceola. The tide turned due to this extremely biased officiating killing the Clinton momentum. The game of basketball is highly dependent of the officiating to be objective for the game to flow correctly. Manila also had some of the most disrespectful, arrogant fans I have ever witnessed.

Head Lion

I guess the officials shot all those layups gashing the weakest defense we had seen in 2 months or maybe we just woke up & quit playing around.

JimmyChitwood

Had the game been held anywhere west of Searcy, the outcome would have been much different. And even if Manila had won, it would have been by a much thinner margin.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2017, 09:34:59 pm
I guess the officials shot all those layups gashing the weakest defense we had seen in 2 months or maybe we just woke up & quit playing around.

I agree, Clinton defense was much softer than Manila is used to seeing just like Yellville and Marshall defenses were soft for Riverside.

Head Lion

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 27, 2017, 09:39:28 pm
Had the game been held anywhere west of Searcy, the outcome would have been much different. And even if Manila had won, it would have been by a much thinner margin.
ok, Clinton does have some great young people & obviously by beating Osceola are capable of playing at a very hi level.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 27, 2017, 09:39:28 pm
These Van Buren county posters just crack me up

JimmyChitwood

Sack attack, I bet you live off of mailbox money and live in your momma's basement and just sit around trolling on fearless eating cheeto puffs.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 27, 2017, 09:47:13 pm
Sack attack, I bet you live off of mailbox money and live in your momma's basement and just sit around trolling on fearless eating cheeto puffs.
You would be very very wrong! But I say again you Van Buren County guys crack me up but I do realize that yall just aint got much up there to be proud about. Do they still have the chicken plant up there behind the school? Man those windy days can be brutal!!

Head Lion

Can we agree after ECS throttles y'all by 25, that we don't have to hear this nonsense anymore?

JimmyChitwood

Sack attack, we don't have the chicken plant anymore and yes head lion I will shut up if we get throttled.

Head Lion

In all seriousness, I wish the Clinton young people the best of luck & go getem!

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 27, 2017, 10:01:40 pm
Sack attack, we don't have the chicken plant anymore and yes head lion I will shut up if we get throttled.
Come on Episcopal please throttle Clinton.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on February 27, 2017, 10:09:59 pm
Come on Episcopal please throttle Clinton.
mannn cmon a lot of your alma mater's kids go to Clinton LOL

Lrbasketballguru

Enough with the bitterness, please. Anyway, anybody think there ought to be a good crowd tomorrow for this game?

bobcats

Quote from: SackAttack on February 27, 2017, 09:56:23 pm
You would be very very wrong! But I say again you Van Buren County guys crack me up but I do realize that yall just aint got much up there to be proud about. Do they still have the chicken plant up there behind the school? Man those windy days can be brutal!!

I don't know anything about a chicken plant, but they may have the nicest gym in 3A.  Hoping region 3 is held there next year.

Head Lion

Me 2, I have not seen their gym. I did hear it was very nice, tho.

jackets101

Quote from: SackAttack on February 27, 2017, 09:56:23 pm
we have a lot to be proud of actually. You can be a keyboard warrior about basketball all you want, but if you have something to say about a county I would beg you to come take us on.

hogfan101

Clinton's coming off a two game losing skid again, Episcopal might catch the Jackets at the wrong time like Osceola did.

PeedeecreekBoy99

February 28, 2017, 10:14:28 am #41 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:20:25 am by PeedeecreekBoy99
sack attack it takes a real jerk to talk about people not having much to be proud of. By the way Van buren county has 2 teams in the state tourney. Id say thats something to be proud of.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: jackets101 on February 28, 2017, 10:00:24 am
we have a lot to be proud of actually. You can be a keyboard warrior about basketball all you want, but if you have something to say about a county I would beg you to come take us on.
Come take you on in what?

PeedeecreekBoy99

jackets101

a land contest if sack attack is involved

Culppepermtn999

Quote from: hogfan101 on February 28, 2017, 10:05:23 am
Clinton's coming off a two game losing skid again, Episcopal might catch the Jackets at the wrong time like Osceola did.
It seems like that's what is gonna happen tonight. I take clinton by 2.

PeedeecreekBoy99

We can see who can grow the biggest watermelon?

Culppepermtn999

February 28, 2017, 10:56:51 am #47 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:03:29 am by Culppepermtn999
Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on February 28, 2017, 10:53:39 am
We can see who can grow the biggest watermelon?
sackattack is a pro watermelon grower... you shouldn't be so harsh to him.

biglion1985

Everyone talking about clinton beating osceola but they don't wanna mention that the noles was without their leading scorer(the carruthers kid) in that game and no we started wearing the jackets down starting at the end of the 2nd quarter that's all it is

jackets101

Take your excuses somewhere else big cat.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas