• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A State Tournament Brackets can be found here (hosted by Quitman)

Started by sevenof400, February 25, 2017, 08:18:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

STATGUYQHS

Boys and Girls Upper Brackets are Just brutal! Safe Trips To Quitman!

Mr. Trill

Cheek

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 26, 2017, 06:24:16 pm
The whole boys bracket is full of heat

The two tough first round games will be England vs MT and. CMS vs WCC.   I expect. EPC will roll in their game, and the Blevins vs Lavaca does not really matter since they will be playing Earle in the second round. 

ISU7

BigLion10

MikelB

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 27, 2017, 06:22:48 am
yep cut regions down to 3 instead of 4 this year
How did they decide which #2 team got the bye to second round?

BigLion10

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Cheek on February 26, 2017, 07:32:19 pm
The two tough first round games will be England vs MT and. CMS vs WCC.   I expect. EPC will roll in their game, and the Blevins vs Lavaca does not really matter since they will be playing Earle in the second round.

How does the Blevins vs Lavaca game not matter?

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: MikelB on February 27, 2017, 07:30:24 am
How did they decide which #2 team got the bye to second round?
There's no rhyme or reason why the AAA does snything! ;D

Bildo

I know that the 2 seed bye will rotate each year. The north got it this year so they are out for the next two years. It is predetermined... just like football

Ice Water

It's still ridiculous that there is a 2 seed on the same half as the 1 seed from their own region.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Ice Water on February 27, 2017, 10:55:59 am
It's still ridiculous that there is a 2 seed on the same half as the 1 seed from their own region.

did not notice that, but you are correct. Does the aaa realize what works and what doesn't? Their primary concern is gate totals, they dont care avout care about the schools or parents or anything...Am I wrong for thinking that?

Bildo

No you're not wrong and yes the AAA is all about how much money they make. The decisions that are made are for their benefit... not the kids who live with the decisions they make

just1fan

I agree that it's unfair for a 2 seed to receive a bye just like a 1 seed. Also, the same part of the bracket has the 1 seed playing the 2 seed in the semifinals, if they win out.
All that being said...
To be the best, you have to beat the best. May the best team win!

Basketballfan21

Quote from: Cheek on February 26, 2017, 07:32:19 pm

Agreed with you on that Cheek, but I think England will be alright if they can play defense and not turn the ball over as much

bigworm

Quote from: Bildo on February 27, 2017, 10:39:24 am
I know that the 2 seed bye will rotate each year. The north got it this year so they are out for the next two years. It is predetermined... just like football

Theoretically yes. But take 2015 football bracket and notice the 1 seed from the 6 2a at top right of bracket. Thats a bye amd home field all the way through. Then take the 2016 bracket and guess what. 1 seed from 6 2a in same exact spot. So much for fairness. Its just so complicated for them it seems. I wish they would just come out and say..."we really dont give a rip". Heck, i think i could take that better than some half done fake effort to act like they want to make things even amd for all involved. Its a joke and our own superintendents are to blame.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ice Water on February 27, 2017, 10:55:59 am
Have you looked at the 1A bracket? They have 12 byes with 20 teams...that's what's rediculous.

Ice Water

Quote from: MomaLion on February 28, 2017, 01:51:46 am
Have you looked at the 1A bracket? They have 12 byes with 20 teams...that's what's rediculous.

And they still have the issue of a 2 and 1 from the same region on the same side. Twice. The byes don't irritate me as much as it does some y'all. When you start taking wonky numbers of teams to the state tournament it's unavoidable. Should we just take 16? Absolutley. Then things stay much cleaner. But what irritates me is that we can't set up a bracket the correct way with these wonky numbers. It's not that difficult.

redrider30

By looking at things it's pretty simple that there are way too many 1A teams and not enough 2A teams. Move some of the 1A schools back to 2A have 8 conferences, 4 regions and 16 team state tournament. The real problem though is 7 classifications. Need 4 or 5 at most.

Lions84

Mr. Trill

I say just combine the whole 1A and 2A and just have 1 big championship 😂

poppyhog

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on February 27, 2017, 09:33:06 am
How does the Blevins vs Lavaca game not matter?
If Lavaca shoots like they did against Lamar, they can beat anyone

SackAttack

Quote from: Ice Water on February 28, 2017, 07:08:35 am
And they still have the issue of a 2 and 1 from the same region on the same side. Twice. The byes don't irritate me as much as it does some y'all. When you start taking wonky numbers of teams to the state tournament it's unavoidable. Should we just take 16? Absolutley. Then things stay much cleaner. But what irritates me is that we can't set up a bracket the correct way with these wonky numbers. It's not that difficult.
I remember the days when they only took eight. You had a true state tournament!! But as you guys said that was before money became the overriding issue

hsindian

Quote from: SackAttack on February 28, 2017, 07:41:59 pm
I remember the days when they only took eight. You had a true state tournament!! But as you guys said that was before money became the overriding issue
Yup. Each district sent two to regional. I don't remember how many district's were in regional in 91. Guessing 6 to 8.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Quote from: SackAttack on February 28, 2017, 07:41:59 pm
You still have a true state tournament, now it just allows for a team that may have had a bad night in a district or regional and ended up a four seed to still have a chance to make a run, such as Hector's girls have done the last two years. Last year they came out of regionals as a four seed and made it to the finals. This year they came out of their district as a four seed and with a win tonight will be back in the finals again. Y'all can complain all you want but a team still has to win once the reach the state tournament. I agree that it is about the money but more teams in gives more opportunities for a team to go on a run. The reason you play the game is because anyone can be beat on any given night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas