• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4 @ County Line

Started by BannerChaser95, February 18, 2017, 09:39:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

Kirby 40
Scranton girls 35
HALF.

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Mineral springs 11
County Line 7
End of 1st

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

And the reason County Line hasn't lost since December shows it's self

County line 53
Mineral 50
Final.

bhartgen

J.D.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: bhartgen on February 24, 2017, 07:01:36 pm
Elaborate on that??? Details.
County lines calling in the game was questionable at best until the last play. It showed its colors, mineral went down the court and their best player went to shoot and hust smacked the heck out of him.  I mean I'm not taking side. But it was probably the most obvious foul I had seen while a 3 was being shot. Just straight up slapped him with the ball still in his hand. The basketball didn't even make it to the block in the air. Anddddddddddd their was no call... either way County Line wins.

bhartgen

I know they can't call it all but I'm never amazed how much clearer they can see on one end or another. :))

BannerChaser95

Quote from: bhartgen on February 24, 2017, 07:10:01 pm
I know they can't call it all but I'm never amazed how much clearer they can see on one end or another. :))
I don't have a dog in that fight. It was just probably the worst missed call I've seen in a while.  He may have missed the first free throw and it wouldn't matter a bit. But you gota call it and let the players decide.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on February 24, 2017, 07:02:50 pm
Weak Conf if I had to guess.
not what I meant, but that looks to be true too.

bhartgen

Weak conference doesn't always mean weak top seeds.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: bhartgen on February 24, 2017, 07:21:02 pm
Weak conference doesn't always mean weak top seeds.
i wasn't getting at that. Their lower teams were very weak. However I was just talking about the call.

bhartgen

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2017, 07:00:41 pm
And the reason County Line hasn't lost since December shows it's self

County line 53
Mineral 50
Final.

From what I gather someone from Kirby probably shouldn't talk about refs....But that's another gripe for another day...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 24, 2017, 07:55:47 pm
From what I gather someone from Kirby probably shouldn't talk about refs....But that's another gripe for another day...
I already said I didn't have a dog in that fight. I can complain about whatever I want haha. No I thought it was an obvious call. That's all

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 24, 2017, 07:55:47 pm
speaking of which a team you had no faith in (county line girls) pull it to 7
Acorn 48
CL41

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2017, 08:06:49 pm
speaking of which a team you had no faith in (county line girls) pull it to 7
Acorn 48
CL41

Just jerking your leg haha....

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

Did I see right that acorn has another Jackson ?

doctor in the house

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 24, 2017, 08:19:47 pm
Did I see right that acorn has another Jackson ?

Yes. 9th grader.. Good player.. Coach Jackson's youngest...

BannerChaser95

February 24, 2017, 08:46:54 pm #75 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:56:47 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby 22
Mullberry 11
End of 1st

BannerChaser95

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2017, 09:09:53 pm
Kirby 38
Mulberry 24
HALF

Who is going to send whom into no man's land (Bay's side of the bracket) tomorrow night?  Will it be County Line getting all the calls at the right time, or will County Line eventually wilt under Kirby's pressure.  I see Kirby winning by 7.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 24, 2017, 09:19:45 pm
Who is going to send whom into no man's land (Bay's side of the bracket) tomorrow night?  Will it be County Line getting all the calls at the right time, or will County Line eventually wilt under Kirby's pressure.  I see Kirby winning by 7.
there almost wasn't a bays side of the bracket...

BannerChaser95

Kirby 47
Mullberry 34

Mulberry gaurds hit a couple 3's to keep it close.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2017, 09:28:09 pm
there almost wasn't a bays side of the bracket...

Almost don't count...........there will be a Bay side of the bracket.......and 9 other teams will be sent there.....where dreams go to die.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 24, 2017, 09:35:40 pm
Almost don't count...........there will be a Bay side of the bracket.......and 9 other teams will be sent there.....where dreams go to die.
yeah.

BannerChaser95

yesteryearman

Jacket_10

Congrats to Kirby. Regional finals will be a good one with them and CL. Even though it was a loss for the Jackets still very proud of them. MPV cut the lead to 10 with about 4:30 to go but just cold not ever get over the hump. Kirby protected the ball and MPV had to foul and Kirby made there free-throws.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Jacket_10 on February 25, 2017, 12:09:25 am
Congrats to Kirby. Regional finals will be a good one with them and CL. Even though it was a loss for the Jackets still very proud of them. MPV cut the lead to 10 with about 4:30 to go but just cold not ever get over the hump. Kirby protected the ball and MPV had to foul and Kirby made there free-throws.
rebounding to me was the biggest difference. Missed about same amount of shots. But MPV only catching a couple of offensive boards and Kirby got some big ones and got point out of them. The game was double digits the whole time after it got to that point. But mullberry never quit that's for sure. 1,3, 25 have some talent. Much respect to the kids. They played very hard.

Jacket_10

February 25, 2017, 01:29:50 am #86 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:31:22 am by Jacket_10
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2017, 12:23:06 am
rebounding to me was the biggest difference. Missed about same amount of shots. But MPV only catching a couple of offensive boards and Kirby got some big ones and got point out of them. The game was double digits the whole time after it got to that point. But mullberry never quit that's for sure. 1,3, 25 have some talent. Much respect to the kids. They played very hard.
Yes kirby did rebound well. Would love to see MPV crash the offensive boards more. It comes in spirts for us on the offensive. Very excited with the program and the direction it's heading. We have a 2nd year coach who's getting 110% out of the kids. He's very good with them on and off the floor. This is the 1st State appearance for the Jackets since 1999. He's making great progress.

Bearcatpride

What times are the championship games today?

HorseFeathers

BannerChaser95

Girls 6. Boys immediately after

Jacket_10

Scranton girls win over CL
Mineral Springs leads at half over MPV 31-25

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Jacket_10 on February 25, 2017, 02:12:30 pm
Scranton girls win over CL
Mineral Springs leads at half over MPV 31-25
keep it updated.

Jacket_10

February 25, 2017, 02:56:53 pm #92 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:06:34 pm by Jacket_10
Mineral Springs 52-49
Congrats to Mineral Springs. Safe travels to and from State. Very proud of you Jackets!!!

ZestyJester

CL and kirby tonite gonna be a great game! Give my indians the edge playing at home! CL by 6!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ZestyJester on February 25, 2017, 03:26:39 pm
CL and kirby tonite gonna be a great game! Give my indians the edge playing at home! CL by 6!!
uh oh..I hear somebody chasing a banner coming this way

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2017, 03:29:25 pm
uh oh..I hear somebody chasing a banner coming this way
I don't know how it'll go. They seem to have that home court advantage....... lol but idk how it goes. I figure whoever crashes the boards the best wins this one.

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas