• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ Riverside

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2017, 09:54:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: vstigerz on February 18, 2017, 11:05:51 pm
Girls
Wednesday 4:00 Corning vs Mt.View
                7:00 Osceola vs Bergman
Thursday    4:00 Riverside vs Valley Springs
                7:00 Hoxie vs Clinton
Prediction
Mtn View
Bergman
Valley
Hoxie (will be rooting for Clinton)

Mtn View vs Valley Championship
posts should be near equal guard has to  to Mtn View
Gonna go With Mtn View

Baller_34

No  way Bergman beats Osceola!! I mean really?

zebra73

Mtn view. Osceola. Rside. Hoxie. Mtn view vs Osceola. Osceola wins

Head Lion

Wednesday predictions My View, Osceola, Riverside, Hoxie

BoxNOne

February 20, 2017, 07:01:15 pm #54 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:04:33 pm by BoxNOne
I think that Valley-Riverside girls game will be a good one.

I also don't see Bergman beating the Osceola girls.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Baller_34 on February 20, 2017, 04:54:03 pm
No  way Bergman beats Osceola!! I mean really?

Bergman has a nice resume including a win over Bald Knob.   Just going off of resumes. Haven't seen neither one of them play.

zebra73

Bergman coach was at Osceola. He is a good coach and knows how to win. Would be a big upset

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: zebra73 on February 20, 2017, 09:22:59 pm
Bergman coach was at Osceola. He is a good coach and knows how to win. Would be a big upset

Not trying to argue.  But how would it be an upset?

Missco

February 21, 2017, 03:54:22 am #58 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:00:15 am by Missco
Osceola should win as well as Riverside . All boys teams will win from east except maybe Rivercrest

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 20, 2017, 10:27:25 pm
Not trying to argue.  But how would it be an upset?
Maybe because osceola is the top team in 3A but I don't see osceola losing nomore this year these kids are balling

drybones

Quote from: Missco on February 21, 2017, 03:54:22 am
Osceola should win as well as Riverside . All boys teams will win from east except maybe Rivercrest
And except for maybe Manila and maybe riverside. And who knows, maybe even Osceola. This time of year anything can happen.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Missco on February 21, 2017, 03:54:22 am

This looks about right to me.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 21, 2017, 06:11:46 am
Maybe because osceola is the top team in 3A but I don't see osceola losing nomore this year these kids are balling

Oh ok! :)

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 18, 2017, 10:58:32 pm
Boys
Wednesday 5:30 Riverside vs Yellville
                8:30 Osceola vs Clinton
Thursday    5:30 Rivercrest vs Marshall
                8:30 Manila vs Valley Springs

Girls
Wednesday 4:00 Corning vs Mountain View
                7:00 Osceola vs Bergman
Thursday    4:00 Riverside vs Valley Springs
                7:00 Hoxie vs Clinton 

My predictions:

Boys
Riverside over Y-S.  This is usually the time of year that Coach Campbell's teams play for.  Not District, but Regional and State Tournaments and with them playing at home, I see the "upset".
Osceola over Clinton.  Don't know that much about the Yellowjackets but I have seen the Noles play this year in some great games. 
Marshall over Rivercrest.  I've seen Rivercrest a couple of times this year and they continue to get better, but I'm going with the Bobcats in this one.
Manila over Valley Springs.  This will be a heck of a game in my opinion.  Both teams have had an up and down season.  I'm picking the Lions since they will be closer to home, if this was played in North Central Arkansas, I would probably pick the Tigers.

Girls
Mountain View over Corning.  I may be wrong on this one, but I just have a feeling about that the Lady Yellowjackets will win.
Bergman over Osceola.  I haven't seen either team, just going off of my gut on this one. 
Valley over Riverside.  Again, best game in this round.  It's a shame that one of these two teams will not advance to the State tournament, both deserve to.  I'm going with the defending State champs just off of recent experience in post season play.
Hoxie over Clinton.  Coin toss for me after looking at their resume going in.  Going with this is Clinton's first trip to this regional. 

RedWolf275

Bluegrass, as Clint Eastwood said in "Unforgiven", deserve has got nothing to do with it! Valley Springs and Riverside girls have played their way into this matchup. Riverside should win it at home.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 21, 2017, 10:05:08 am
Bluegrass, as Clint Eastwood said in "Unforgiven", deserve has got nothing to do with it! Valley Springs and Riverside girls have played their way into this matchup. Riverside should win it at home.

RedWolf275,

True on the quote.  And "should" is such a huge word in that last sentence.  Two great coaches, but will work the officials.  My gut still tells me to go with the Lady Tigers.  I have been wrong before...LOL

NeaBaller21

Riverside Boys:  5 Senior Starters that aren't ready to make this next game their last and playing in their home Gym? All behind Buster Campbell. Definitely going to be tough to beat!

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 21, 2017, 10:28:28 am
Riverside Boys:  5 Senior Starters that aren't ready to make this next game their last and playing in their home Gym? All behind Buster Campbell. Definitely going to be tough to beat!

And I've called some Regional games for Coach Campbell's teams where they came in as the 4th seed and won the first round before.  His teams seem to step up to the challenge of win or go home first round matchups.

BigMan15

Im going with

Yellville over Riverside
Clinton over Osceola
Rivercrest over Marshall
Manila over Valley Springs

Rebelfan77

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 21, 2017, 10:42:20 am
Im going with

Yellville over Riverside
Clinton over Osceola
Rivercrest over Marshall

How many of these teams have you seen play?

BigMan15

OB11

Im going with

Yellville over Riverside
Clinton over Osceola
Rivercrest over Marshall

They'll have to rename Lake City if these pan out to Upset City

Rebelfan77

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 21, 2017, 10:45:08 am
and Im sure it is not Riverside, Osceola, Rivercrest or Manila correct? I dont see how you can predict who is going to win if you haven't seen all of them play. I am by no means saying that you are wrong or right but why put a prediction out there if you honestly don't have a clue how all the teams play?

BigMan15

I follow these teams all year! Everyone is allowed to post predictions. Come on now! Actually yes ive seen Manila, Osceola, Riverside, Valley and Clinton!

Rebelfan77

February 21, 2017, 10:53:53 am #74 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:57:19 am by Rebelfan77
Well hopefully you aren't very good at predictions. Seems that at Regional is where Riverside starts coming together and playing ball. Buster seems to always have them ready! the Cinton over Osceola really blows my mind though!

BigMan15

I see them overlooking this game which could be big trouble for Osceola!

NeaBaller21

Osceola is by all means beatable! Riverside beat them at their house. Anything is possible.  Still have to play all 32 minutes!

BigMan15

Exactly right!! This time of the year crazy things happen!! Im not saying they are bad teams, by all means I think they are both top ten or even top 5 teams, but sometimes thats not a good thing to have a target on your back!

Head Lion

I will be at the game and book all the Clinton bets vs Osceola, I mean ALL OF THEM.

RedWolf275

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on February 21, 2017, 10:10:38 am
RedWolf275,

True on the quote.  And "should" is such a huge word in that last sentence.  Two great coaches, but will work the officials.  My gut still tells me to go with the Lady Tigers.  I have been wrong before...LOL

I could challenge that "two great coaches" quote but I'll let it go due not wanting to get deleted lol!! But you are throwing that " great" word around loosely here.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 21, 2017, 11:27:46 am
I could challenge that "two great coaches" quote but I'll let it go due not wanting to get deleted lol!! But you are throwing that " great" word around loosely here.
I agree that word does need to be used rather lightly lol

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on February 21, 2017, 11:22:06 am
I will be at the game and book all the Clinton bets vs Osceola, I mean ALL OF THEM.

Come on HL, let me have half! Sure things don't come along very often!!

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 21, 2017, 11:27:46 am

I have worked games for both Coach Hoffman and Coach Jenkins.  That is what I based my wording on, but I do understand your point.

Head Lion

Guess I will give everyone something to talk about and give my prediction for the whole tournament. Boys 1. Manila 2. Riverside 3. Osceola 4. Marshall Girls 1. Hoxie 2. Osceola 3. Riverside 4. Mt. View Just how I think or hope it may shake out.

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on February 21, 2017, 02:18:52 pm
Guess I will give everyone something to talk about and give my prediction for the whole tournament. Boys 1. Manila 2. Riverside 3. Osceola 4. Marshall Girls 1. Hoxie 2. Osceola 3. Riverside 4. Mt. View Just how I think or hope it may shake out.

Looks more like hope.

BigMan15

Im going with

Yellville over Riverside
Clinton over Osceola
Rivercrest over Marshall

1. Manila
2. Yellville
3. Rivercrest
4. Clinton

Rebelfan77

Thought you said you followed these teams all year?

Head Lion

Quote from: luxora4life on February 21, 2017, 02:52:21 pm
Looks more like hope.
No, I hope yall win, that game to me could go either way. I see ways the Colts will win and see ways Marshall could win.

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on February 21, 2017, 03:13:48 pm
No, I hope yall win, that game to me could go either way. I see ways the Colts will win and see ways Marshall could win.

Actually, I was referring to Manila Boys finishing 1st and Mt. View Girls finishing 4th.  Who knows when it come to Rivercrest.  They have been playing hard lately, but some players head and heart are just not where the team need it to be.

Head Lion

No one thought we would win the Region in 13 & 15 & we found a way. It is a odd year, so Lions take it.

BigMan15

The thing with Manilla even if they don't win the region they can compete with anyone in the state. They are well coached and very disciplined.

zebra73

Win or lose. All teams have worked hard to get here. Picks are chosen. Know some people are bias to there school. Goals are 10' and the floor is 94' everywhere. Toss the ball and go from there. Good luck to all the teams.🏀

neds

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 21, 2017, 03:58:04 pm
The thing with Manilla even if they don't win the region they can compete with anyone in the state. They are well coached and very disciplined.

Who's your pick to win it all in 3A?

zebra73

Who cares? Have a bet on the games? You know how a kid feels when they see someone say they are going to lose? Let the kids enjoy their time.

Radiotalker

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 21, 2017, 11:05:32 am
Osceola is by all means beatable! Riverside beat them at their house. Anything is possible.  Still have to play all 32 minutes!

Same for Riverside.......7 win Rivercrest beat them.

RedWolf275

Quote from: zebra73 on February 21, 2017, 05:03:14 pm
Who cares? Have a bet on the games? You know how a kid feels when they see someone say they are going to lose? Let the kids enjoy their time.

Fearless Friday not really designed for kids. People like to talk about and predict outcomes.

Radiotalker

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 21, 2017, 10:58:32 am
I see them overlooking this game which could be big trouble for Osceola!

They may lose, but Frankie's squad will not overlook anyone. Remember Mountain View & Cedar Ridge?

BoxNOne

I don't think Osceola will have much trouble with Clinton.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: zebra73 on February 21, 2017, 04:33:04 pm
Win or lose. All teams have worked hard to get here. Picks are chosen. Know some people are bias to there school. Goals are 10' and the floor is 94' everywhere. Toss the ball and go from there. Good luck to all the teams.🏀

94 feet everywhere in college but not high school ;)

zebra73

Stand corrected. Redwolf,kids do get on here and read things. JMO

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas