• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1a-2S district at GFWS

Started by HorseFeathers, February 17, 2017, 11:14:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttack

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 18, 2017, 10:37:19 pm
Zac are you from Rushing?
I quit rushing when I retired 10 years ago and moved to the most beautiful place in north central Arkansas (got to agree with Eagle Mom).  I think our area is one of the most beautiful and has some of the best 1A basketball around.

HorseFeathers

Don't post refs names and what they may or may not do in their private lives....

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 10:15:16 pm
arent you pretty good at golf yourself

Don't worry arstatechamp if you could see this guy you would feel better about yourself and not worry about his comments. He was pointed out to me by several people tonight and he looks like he knows as much about basketball as Miss America. Looks more like an accountant or a geek squad guy at Best Buy. But if you really are good at golf we should play around. Once again congrats to the concord teams tonight.

arstatechamp13

That's why my name is statechamp Bannerman ;)

Captain General

Quote from: HoopMan on February 19, 2017, 04:54:19 am
Don't worry arstatechamp if you could see this guy you would feel better about yourself and not worry about his comments. He was pointed out to me by several people tonight and he looks like he knows as much about basketball as Miss America. Looks more like an accountant or a geek squad guy at Best Buy. But if you really are good at golf we should play around. Once again congrats to the concord teams tonight.

Because attacking someone based on looks is appropriate.... 🙄   

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Captain General on February 19, 2017, 10:16:47 am
Because attacking someone based on looks is appropriate.... 🙄
it happens, it makes them feel better about themselves!

HoopMan

I apologize for my post last night! I was just excited for a group of kids that I've been following this year! No one gave them a shot! Not even me! So I apologize MountainMan

HoopMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 19, 2017, 12:49:40 pm
Woke up thanking about the game last night. Would have been fun to watch Carlton in that atomsphere.

The atmosphere was great. Pretty slow and not much fun to watch at first, but every time Shirley got the ball their fans went CRAZY! Obviously they're excited about this team, as they should be. Cornett had a game plan and it worked out great.

Catfish

Congrats to those Concord Pirates!! Jr. Girls= District Champs, Jr. Boys= District Champs, Sr. Girls= District Champs, Sr. Boys= District Champs! I don't know when the last time that happen anywhere but I'm as always PROUD TO BE A PIRATE! Bring on regionals!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Catfish on February 19, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
Congrats to those Concord Pirates!! Jr. Girls= District Champs, Jr. Boys= District Champs, Sr. Girls= District Champs, Sr. Boys= District Champs! I don't know when the last time that happen anywhere but I'm as always PROUD TO BE A PIRATE! Bring on regionals!
thats awesome. Kirby has done it a couple times In recent years. But I'm not trying to talk up Kirby. That's an incredible feat for those kids!

no mascot

Catfish

After having a few days to think about this I realized... Cornett is the only coach in 1A that could take down Shirley with the talent he has. Now I love all those boys to death but Concord doesn't have the talent that it has in years passed. It is a bunch of ROLE players, as I was, there isn't really a go to guy. I was very very very lucky to play with the players I played with because I can assure you if I didn't play with the guys I played with... I would have really struggled. Coach Cornett is the best coach in 1A, and one of the best in the state in my opinion. He just flat out gets the job done. He always had us fired up before every single game. No matter who we were playing. I know those boys didn't need much of a pep talk to play a team like Shirley, but I bet every dime I had that Coach Cornett gave them the best pep talk they have ever had. They went out there and got the job done.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on February 20, 2017, 10:57:26 am
After having a few days to think about this I realized... Cornett is the only coach in 1A that could take down Shirley with the talent he has. Now I love all those boys to death but Concord doesn't have the talent that it has in years passed. It is a bunch of ROLE players, as I was, there isn't really a go to guy. I was very very very lucky to play with the players I played with because I can assure you if I didn't play with the guys I played with... I would have really struggled. Coach Cornett is the best coach in 1A, and one of the best in the state in my opinion. He just flat out gets the job done. He always had us fired up before every single game. No matter who we were playing. I know those boys didn't need much of a pep talk to play a team like Shirley, but I bet every dime I had that Coach Cornett gave them the best pep talk they have ever had. They went out there and got the job done.
Agreed. +1,000,000

riccoar

Both Concord and Shirley have great teams.  However, when you talk star players, I saw Concord with one and Shirley with 2.  Very good support around those guys.

HoopMan

Quote from: riccoar on February 20, 2017, 11:36:58 am
Both Concord and Shirley have great teams.  However, when you talk star players, I saw Concord with one and Shirley with 2.  Very good support around those guys.

What guys were star players in your eyes riccoar?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on February 20, 2017, 10:57:26 am

Boy, this almost, just for a second, made me forget how much I hate Concord...but, that passed. Catfish apparently doesn't know about being humble in victory. And I'm not sure Corneck had a lot to do with that game plan. I think those boys did that on their own, heck, he may not have even known ahead of time his players planned to stall the ball in the first half. Just what I saw from amongst the Shirley fans I sat with before they ran me out of their area because of my raging gas from the jalapeño nachos. Anyway, hope our teams come out and play hard and together for regionals later this week.

riccoar

February 21, 2017, 06:37:14 am #66 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:49:37 am by riccoar
Quote from: HoopMan on February 20, 2017, 02:00:43 pm
What guys were star players in your eyes riccoar?
And this is not saying the others are not any good, but from watching and guys who IMHO are just complete standout players.  For Concord, #20 Riley Cornett and for Shirley #5 Jed Privott and #23 Easton Freeman.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: riccoar on February 21, 2017, 06:37:14 am
And this is not saying the others are not any good, but from watching and guys who IMHO are just complete standout players.  For Concord, #20 Riley Cornett and for Shirley #5 Jed Privott and #23 Easton Freeman.
i believe with you on #23, you could tell he was a star when they have to lock him down and limit him to 2 or 3 shots a game

CrispyLips

He would be a great player if he could create his shot but I have never seen him create space and make a shot. Everything has to be set up, his feet have to be set, and then he becomes a star. The brock kid from concord is way better than Cornett too

riccoar

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 21, 2017, 07:52:20 am
He would be a great player if he could create his shot but I have never seen him create space and make a shot. Everything has to be set up, his feet have to be set, and then he becomes a star. The brock kid from concord is way better than Cornett too
From what I saw he can create.  But left open, he's deadly behind the arc. 

HoopMan

Quote from: riccoar on February 21, 2017, 08:45:39 am
From what I saw he can create.  But left open, he's deadly behind the arc.

He got two wide open looks the other night and hit one and missed one. He hit a HUGE shot in the 4th

arstatechamp13

I think he's pretty much a dead three. Never see him doing much else. Number 10 is usually the one who creates. 10 and the other two guards looked useless the other night. Could've shot as many 15 footers as they wanted to but I don't think Brown wanted them shooting them

HoopMan

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on February 21, 2017, 12:09:38 pm
I think he's pretty much a dead three. Never see him doing much else. Number 10 is usually the one who creates. 10 and the other two guards looked useless the other night. Could've shot as many 15 footers as they wanted to but I don't think Brown wanted them shooting them

At some point he has to let them shoot though. It cost them the game IMO them not shooting. They may have missed but you got to give it a shot. You have no chance of making it if you don't shoot. Brown is a very good coach, but he just flat out got out coached the other night. Concords coach Cornett was well prepared and had his team prepared. He adjusted to what he knew would give his team the best chance to win and they did it.

bluedemon

Blue devils may be an early exit but they are 12-0 against the eagles the last 4 years

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: bluedemon on February 21, 2017, 01:40:46 pm
Blue devils may be an early exit but they are 12-0 against the eagles the last 4 years
may not* is what I think you mean Demon

HoopMan

I don't think they will be an early exit, but Nemo is a tough match up for them. I do think that it will be a great game to watch.

BannerMountainMan

The three games were Shirley 17, and 22 and Nemo by 3 in the GFLC, Shirley going to have to press to avoid the upset.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 21, 2017, 02:36:47 pm
The three games were Shirley 17, and 22 and Nemo by 3 in the GFLC, Shirley going to have to press to avoid the upset.
Im sure Shirleys coach values your opinion there Banner! I bet he's sitting in his office right now thinking I wonder what Banner Mountain thinks. Nemo has huge advantage at the point guard spot in comparing the two teams. Id be a little hesitant with that press!!

bluedemon

Banner man is right Shirley has to force the pace. The coach is not in his office probably thinking about his swimming pool.

SackAttack

Quote from: bluedemon on February 21, 2017, 04:20:11 pm
Banner man is right Shirley has to force the pace. The coach is not in his office probably thinking about his swimming pool.
Im quite certain he isn't in his office. Im sure Nemo has his full attention! But his problems run deeper than a first round regional game that much is evident!

bluedemon

Catfish

Y'all guys better be glad you have Coach Brown. He's one of the best coaches in all of 1A.  Because let me tell you, if y'all dont have Coach Brown, y'all wouldn't  be anywhere near as good as y'all are right now. He's always been one of my favorite coaches to watch. You can tell that he knows so much about the game  and wants to win so bad. And yes of course most coaches want to win, but there's something different about him.  So if I were you guys I would stay on the brown bandwagon because if he leaves... Y'all are going to find out what bad really looks like.

SackAttack

Quote from: Catfish on February 21, 2017, 05:31:44 pm
Y'all guys better be glad you have Coach Brown. He's one of the best coaches in all of 1A.  Because let me tell you, if y'all dont have Coach Brown, y'all wouldn't  be anywhere near as good as y'all are right now. He's always been one of my favorite coaches to watch. You can tell that he knows so much about the game  and wants to win so bad. And yes of course most coaches want to win, but there's something different about him.  So if I were you guys I would stay on the brown bandwagon because if he leaves... Y'all are going to find out what bad really looks like.
Catfish they know what bad looks like. They were bad before this current bunch came through and they are fixing to be bad again when this bunch of seniors graduate. Oh and their girls they are bad. But I do agree with most of what you are saying!

Hero of Twin Groves

As I'm sitting here watching WWE smackdown, it makes me think about what a buddy of mine told me the other night. He told me that after the wsgf girls got beat in the semi finals a large MOM came out of the stands, made a B line for coach richey and gave him the what four. It didn't hit me right away but.....eagle mom was that you?!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on February 21, 2017, 08:35:28 pm
As I'm sitting here watching WWE smackdown, it makes me think about what a buddy of mine told me the other night. He told me that after the wsgf girls got beat in the semi finals a large MOM came out of the stands, made a B line for coach richey and gave him the what four. It didn't hit me right away but.....eagle mom was that you?!

Oh goodness, let me just say no comment on that incident. I cannot say one way or the other.

However, now that the subject of Coach Cody Richey has been brought up...How bout that late season collapse?? I mean, I thought we had a solid rotation going and then all of the sudden a key sophomore gets bumped back for the incoming freshmen to play. I meam, my goodness, talk about killing team chemistry. Thought we had a good thing going. Although I think we can beat Nemo, I think I'm officially off of the Richey Bandwagon.

Hero of Twin Groves

Well from what I heard maybe you could e the problem. I mean I heard the girls and coach richey were crying after this incident. Don't know how valid that info is.

Bigleague

Quote from: Catfish on February 19, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
cornett doesn't coach the girls too does he?????

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on February 21, 2017, 09:03:51 pm
cornett doesn't coach the girls too does he?????

I believe the girls coach is Matt, or Mark, Scrotchner...has been there several years. Don't know where he was before then but has been there a while.

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 21, 2017, 09:07:43 pm
I believe the girls coach is Matt, or Mark, Scrotchner...has been there several years. Don't know where he was before then but has been there a while.
I think he was Slick Rick Mckinley asst.coach before he got there. Slick Rick is top 5 all time. #1 seed for entertainment for sure.

Catfish

Quote from: SackAttack on February 21, 2017, 08:07:11 pm
Catfish they know what bad looks like. They were bad before this current bunch came through and they are fixing to be bad again when this bunch of seniors graduate. Oh and their girls they are bad. But I do agree with most of what you are saying!

I wouldn't say that they were bad. Five years ago or so they had talent! But so did everybody else! And everybody else's was just a little  better. Shirley team from five years ago  would run circles around this team and win district without blinking an eye.  So I wouldn't  say that they were bad before. They just have some bad luck here and there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas