• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1a-2S district at GFWS

Started by HorseFeathers, February 17, 2017, 11:14:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

bluegrassboy75

If it were my comments on the other thread regarding my stance on coaches/officials, I formally apologize to everyone on the thread.  Good luck to all teams in Regional & State tournaments.

BannerMountainMan

February 17, 2017, 11:19:33 am #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:24:39 am by BannerMountainMan
Question? Why does this conf not have 3rd place games and some others do?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2017, 11:19:33 am
Question? Why does this conf not have 3rd place games and others do?

7 West doesn't have consolation games either.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2017, 11:19:33 am
Question? Why does this conf not have 3rd place games and others do?
they're going off seeding in 7West banner man. Highest seed becomes 3rd place team.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 11:24:47 am
they're going off seeding in 7West banner man. Highest seed becomes 3rd place team.
yeah that's what they do here but I know MVE's district is having 3rd place games. Wouldn't you know want to have them because that's a big deal to like Timbo/Westside

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2017, 11:27:20 am
yeah that's what they do here but I know MVE's district is having 3rd place games. Wouldn't you know want to have them because that's a big deal to like Timbo/Westside
I think in 7west we actually would probably see the same results. But you're right. Let them play it out and best team win. If acorn played like they did last night. 7W 4 seed. They could have made it a game with dierks 7W 3seed so yeah I'm in favor of letting them play it out.

Areyoukiddingme

I agree! Would l would love to see consolation games. Could make a big difference in regional run.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 11:30:28 am
I think in 7west we actually would probably see the same results. But you're right. Let them play it out and best team win. If acorn played like they did last night. 7W 4 seed. They could have made it a game with dierks 7W 3seed so yeah I'm in favor of letting them play it out.

In the current AAA format, I agree.  In a more conventional setup (like we have had in the past where you play home & home series with each conference foe), I prefer not to have consolation games.  Just my preference.  I can go either way.  A lower seed team playing well at the end of the year could definitely get themselves out of playing the other conference's champion by winning the consolation game.

riccoar

So do people generally oppose critical analysis of the refs in these forums?  Just wondering what people have an issue with.  Last night the first squad did good.  2 of the 3 that came out for the last two match-ups were pretty bad.  The consistency on both ends was lacking.  Would people not agree that the guys on both ends of basket need to mimic their zone if you will?

Catfish

Games were great last night! Glad to see my pirates get the WINS!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on February 17, 2017, 01:51:33 pm
So do people generally oppose critical analysis of the refs in these forums?  Just wondering what people have an issue with.  Last night the first squad did good.  2 of the 3 that came out for the last two match-ups were pretty bad.  The consistency on both ends was lacking.  Would people not agree that the guys on both ends of basket need to mimic their zone if you will?

Wasn't the criticism of the refs that did it...That's all I'm saying

BannerMountainMan

Concord 28 Rural Special 25 halftime

StateChamps09

Are the 3-4, and 1-2 games being played tonight?

HorseFeathers

No consolation games...But the finals are played tonight

StateChamps09

So the 3-4 are decided by their conference standings, forgive me been so wrapped up in our standings that I haven't payed attention. Who got 3-4 on the boys side?

J.D.

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 18, 2017, 05:57:26 pm
So the 3-4 are decided by their conference standings, forgive me been so wrapped up in our standings that I haven't payed attention. Who got 3-4 on the boys side?

Timbo is the 3
WSGF is the 4

HoopMan

Final Girls

Concord 68

Rural Special 41

Congrats to these girls!

BannerMountainMan

This is stupid, Shirley up 3-0, 6 minutes into the game and they held it that long

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 06:27:44 pm
This is stupid, Shirley up 3-0, 6 minutes into the game and they held it that long

Hack-a-attack em out of it....🤔

riccoar

Concord girls did that nearly entire second half against WSGF. Time to bring in the shot clock IMHO.

Woodrow1

Not too stupid now is it??!!

HoopMan

WOW! Concord just beat big bad Shirley! Both concord teams got it done tonight! Good luck in regionals to all these teams!

bhartgen

yesteryearman

Quote from: HoopMan on February 18, 2017, 07:48:43 pm
WOW! Concord just beat big bad Shirley! Both concord teams got it done tonight! Good luck in regionals to all these teams!

Kirby still rather play Bay than Shirley at Mt Ida?

BannerMountainMan

February 18, 2017, 08:07:35 pm #25 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:32:33 pm by BannerMountainMan
I will say good coaching strategy but that's not how you play basketball, it was like 9-3 at halftime, Shirley got the ball 7 times in the first half

Woodrow1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 08:07:35 pm
I will say good coaching strategy but that's not how you play basketball, it was like 10-6 at halftime, Shirley got the ball 7 times in the first half

Then go steal it from them. Create turnovers. Who says it's not how you play? You?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 18, 2017, 08:04:43 pm
Kirby still rather play Bay than Shirley at Mt Ida?
haha maybe not. Kirbys gota make it to that point.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 18, 2017, 08:09:40 pm
Then go steal it from them. Create turnovers. Who says it's not how you play? You?
were you at the game lol and did you see that charge called haha

BannerMountainMan

I will give a Concord credit, it's pretty legit to score 3 one half and 33 the other

Captain General

Took a page out of Blockers beat Shirley handbook ayyyyy...

CrispyLips

Someone break the game down by quarter

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 18, 2017, 08:48:34 pm
Someone break the game down by quarter
1st quarter- Shirley made first 3, Concord held it to last shot, 2nd quarter Shirley made 6 more points on free throws and Concord made a three, Concord prolly held it about 6 minutes in 2nd quarter, last half Concord stalled and drove to basket and kicked it out and shot very well from outside and Shirley just couldn't play that style.

SackAttack

Banner I believe earlier I thought I saw where you were thinking about going into coaching. Id change my major right now because you just don't get it. Its about winning and you do what you have to do to win. Concord did what they had to do. Shirley did not!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on February 18, 2017, 09:01:27 pm
Banner I believe earlier I thought I saw where you were thinking about going into coaching. Id change my major right now because you just don't get it. Its about winning and you do what you have to do to win. Concord did what they had to do. Shirley did not!!
figure there will be a shot clock by then

StateChamps09

Banner all you'd have to do is run a man, and the holding the ball bs is out the window... really hope this isn't their theory against the running and tuning teams...

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 09:03:35 pm
figure there will be a shot clock by then
Not with the current set up in Arkansas. You can always move to California I guess!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 08:07:35 pm
I will say good coaching strategy but that's not how you play basketball, it was like 9-3 at halftime, Shirley got the ball 7 times in the first half

Agreed Banner...I was up in the stands with Shirley folks chanting...B-O-O-ring! BORING! I mean good grief, Concord. Their Coach, that Corneck fella,  I thought was selfish tonight. Robbed Shirley. I mean good grief, show up, run with them, entertain us, and take your whoopin. Selfish.

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 18, 2017, 09:10:50 pm
Agreed Banner...I was up in the stands with Shirley folks chanting...B-O-O-ring! BORING! I mean good grief, Concord. Their Coach, that Corneck fella,  I thought was selfish tonight. Robbed Shirley. I mean good grief, show up, run with them, entertain us, and take your whoopin. Selfish.
I agree lets just let the Guys and Shirleys of the world win. David beat Goliath because he found a weakness and exploited it. Jim Volcano and North Carolina State beat Phi Slamma  Jamma and Houston Cougars. Jim Smith of North Carolina invented the four and five corners delay game that was used by Cornett tonight. Is Cornett Class A's version of Jim Valcano and Jim smith?

Hero of Twin Groves

Yes statechamp all you got to do is play man  ??? ???

StateChamps09

Ummm yeah?? You man up (with a fast team) and make them move or shoot, you get steals, or the ball back at least... what's there to miss there?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 18, 2017, 09:38:15 pm
Ummm yeah?? You man up (with a fast team) and make them move or shoot, you get steals, or the ball back at least... what's there to miss there?

You missed the part where some teams have good enough ball handlers and are disciplined enough to circle the ball back out and continue to hold it. Not to mention, I've never seen a Guy team that played all that stellar of defense

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on February 18, 2017, 09:33:47 pm
Yes statechamp all you got to do is play man  ??? ???
yeah I know, it doesn't work that easy lol, all you have to do is avoid the 5 second call. We got 1 of those calls and it was a night that if either team touched somebody they would call a hand check

StateChamps09

My point was running a man defense is going to make them make some sort of dicision while standing back does nothing... I thought the point I was trying to make was pretty obvious...

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 18, 2017, 09:59:24 pm
BTW..... I was sitting behind a fan of Shirley's at the game tonite and easedropped and herd him talking about how one of the refs played golf with coach Cornett from concord. I thought that was very super fishey. Lost lots of respect for concord again tonight. Not that I had alot to begin with
Cornett, Brown and two Shirley players rode together to Mt. Vernon every night they went haha

BannerMountainMan

February 18, 2017, 10:15:16 pm #45 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:47:33 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: arstatechamp13 on February 18, 2017, 10:05:39 pm
He has probably played golf with a lot of people. I can definitely assume he's played a round at Shirley's home course, Mountain Ranch, with Keith Brown. Pretty stupid to stir the pot because the ref is a golf pro. Concord exposed Shirley. They can't guard in a man to man well enough to get Concord out of their spread. Concord controlled the tempo and that's exactly what they needed to do to win. If you keep number 10 out of the lane and chase 23 around and don't let him shoot, they're pretty much out of options. I love watching the strategic games. It wasn't Concord vs. Shirley tonight. It was Keith vs Keith. And Keith Cornett won this round
arent you pretty good at golf yourself

SackAttack

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on February 18, 2017, 10:05:39 pm
Rory Bradley has probably played golf with a lot of people. I can definitely assume he's played a round at Shirley's home course, Mountain Ranch, with Keith Brown. Pretty stupid to stir the pot because the ref is a golf pro. Concord exposed Shirley. They can't guard in a man to man well enough to get Concord out of their spread. Concord controlled the tempo and that's exactly what they needed to do to win. If you keep number 10 out of the lane and chase 23 around and don't let him shoot, they're pretty much out of options. I love watching the strategic games. It wasn't Concord vs. Shirley tonight. It was Keith vs Keith. And Keith Cornett won this round
Rory Bradley is a professional golfer?? Im glad he's good at something! doesn't he have a family member on Shirleys team? Thought I read that somewhere in a previous post.

sevenof400

Quote from: SackAttack on February 18, 2017, 09:28:42 pm
I agree lets just let the Guys and Shirleys of the world win. David beat Goliath because he found a weakness and exploited it. Jim Volcano and North Carolina State beat Phi Slamma  Jamma and Houston Cougars. Jim Smith of North Carolina invented the four and five corners delay game that was used by Cornett tonight. Is Cornett Class A's version of Jim Valcano and Jim smith?

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on February 18, 2017, 09:01:27 pm
Its about winning and you do what you have to do to win. Concord did what they had to do. Shirley did not!!
That sums it up Sack!  Great game to watch.  I would have said it was exciting too, but watching the ball on the hip is like watching soccer for me.  But Concord did what they had to do to win.  All of the FF Experts have broken Concord's win down: they out-hustled, out-smarted, out-shot, out-coached, and hydrated better.

Bottom line is Concord WON tonight!  Will they win if they play Shirley again?  That's for another time.  For now, congratulations to Concord for the win and good luck to all of the 2S district teams heading to the regionals.

thebigtiger

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 10:02:31 pm
Cornett, Brown and two Shirley players rode together to Mt. Vernon every night they went haha
I thought for sure you was about to say yeah my uncle reffed the game tonight?  Did he?
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Don't count us out just yet!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas