• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm not as big of a hater on these combined class conferences but...

Started by AT, February 16, 2017, 10:21:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

The 12 team state tournament is just so strange to me. We all know 12 teams don't get to 2 teams without byes, so that means they are going to rotate which 2 seed gets the bye every year. This may seem nitpicky, but the TWO seed out of the North region is going to get an automatic spot in the State Quarterfinals.

Some may argue that "Some 1 seeds get byes in football, so what's the problem here", but those 1 seeds get a bye in a much bigger state bracket than 12 teams and no 2 seeds do. Just so strange to me. What do other people think about a 2 seed getting an automatic place in the State Quarterfinals? Is it much ado about nothing?

bigworm

Its retarded as always. I mean really? Its the freekin state tourny!!! It just made too much sense the way its been. I mean what were we all thinking....districts tournys made up of teams that play each other...4 regions with 4 qualifiers...a true 16 team bracket where everyone plays evenly. You should know that dont work for the AAA clowns. Just made too much sense. No more retarded than the football playoffs tho. 5 teams make playoffs. Some make it with losing records only to drive halfway across the state just to get their teeth kicked in. Its time for a new organozation. Someone just has to get to work and get enough schools envolved to break away. Leave the private and charter schools with the AAA clowns. Their playing field is not like ours anyway.

NEark tigers

Quote from: bigworm on February 16, 2017, 11:00:07 pm
Its retarded as always. I mean really? Its the freekin state tourny!!! It just made too much sense the way its been. I mean what were we all thinking....districts tournys made up of teams that play each other...4 regions with 4 qualifiers...a true 16 team bracket where everyone plays evenly. You should know that dont work for the AAA clowns. Just made too much sense. No more retarded than the football playoffs tho. 5 teams make playoffs. Some make it with losing records only to drive halfway across the state just to get their teeth kicked in. Its time for a new organozation. Someone just has to get to work and get enough schools envolved to break away. Leave the private and charter schools with the AAA clowns. Their playing field is not like ours anyway.
+1000000.....You hit the nail on the head...It is all about the money!

HorseFeathers

Break away and declare yourself state champs of a 15 team league?

bigworm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 18, 2017, 10:32:52 am
Break away and declare yourself state champs of a 15 team league?

I dont see anywhere in there about a number of teams or a champioship. But hey, maybe your team could win one that way.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on February 18, 2017, 10:45:15 am
I dont see anywhere in there about a number of teams or a champioship. But hey, maybe your team could win one that way.

See the funny thing is...I'm not the one in here crying...

bigworm

2aball

I guess if any 2 seed deserves a bye, it's probably the North. Didn't the North have all 4 teams in the semis last year? Is Earle still in the North Regional?

bigworm

I would agree but seems crazy to me to have a buy in a 12 team state tournament. I understand a 12 team bracket requires buys. I mean its insane not to have a 16 team tourny with 8 first round games.

Ice Water

I have no idea why we didn't have 8 conference tournaments with 6 teams each. That would've led to 4 regions and a 16 team state tournament. There is no reason not to set up the post season for balance after playing through the mixed regular season leagues.

2aball

Quote from: Ice Water on February 19, 2017, 11:22:00 pm
I have no idea why we didn't have 8 conference tournaments with 6 teams each. That would've led to 4 regions and a 16 team state tournament. There is no reason not to set up the post season for balance after playing through the mixed regular season leagues.

A lot of last years 2A teams moved out of the classification. I'm assuming that it was a numbers issue. They now allow 1A sized schools to play 1A in everything even if they have a 2A football program. It used to be that if they had a football program they had to be classified as 2A in every sport.

Ice Water

There's 48 2A basketball schools. Divides perfectly into 8 tournaments of 6.

Rulesman

Quote from: Ice Water on February 20, 2017, 09:52:40 pm
There's 48 2A basketball schools. Divides perfectly into 8 tournaments of 6.
Or 6 tournaments of 8.

Mr. Trill

😂😂😂 or bout I just make up how the tourneys for 2A ?

Ice Water

Quote from: Rulesman on February 20, 2017, 09:53:44 pm
Or 6 tournaments of 8.

Right. But 6 of 8 leads into 3 regions and the awkward 12 team state tournament. Keeping the regions in multiples of 4 creates a lot cleaner state tournament.

2aball

Quote from: Ice Water on February 20, 2017, 10:06:05 pm
Right. But 6 of 8 leads into 3 regions and the awkward 12 team state tournament. Keeping the regions in multiples of 4 creates a lot cleaner state tournament.

Plus makes the road equally challenging for everyone to get into state. You can benefit and have an easier route once you get in if luck is on your side, but at least it's not giving an unfair advantage for qualifying purposes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas