• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple/Android Stat Keeper

Started by zerozero, February 15, 2017, 12:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zerozero

Anyone have experience using or recommendations for an app to track who did what? The primary purpose would be to provide the coach final game stats. A bonus would be to be able to FB or Tweet after each score for parents that can't make it to the game but want to know what is going on.

WillC

I believe Adidas has some sort of software.  I think it used to be micoach but is now called runtastic.

VHSCoach2

We just use the ever-reliable pencil and paper book.  Pretty cheap on Amazon.  Plus, there is a Twitter account that tweets out stats as they happen and final scores.

zerozero

I get it....but when you have only two parents trying to run the clock/scoreboard, video the game, update social media, play music after goals and try to display pics on the video board after players score or make a good defensive play..... I need automation, not pencils and paper.

Gart

If digital scout had soccer then i would have highly recommended them, but I think they only have football, basketball and volleyball. If they ever come out with a soccer version, give them a try. We use it for football. real time free stuff. tweets end of quarter or game or per score, however you want it set to.

well just out of curiosity I googled digital scout soccer and they might not be far from a launch. http://www.digitalscout.com/soccer/free-trial

VHSCoach2

Quote from: zerozero on February 15, 2017, 02:58:28 pm
I get it....but when you have only two parents trying to run the clock/scoreboard, video the game, update social media, play music after goals and try to display pics on the video board after players score or make a good defensive play..... I need automation, not pencils and paper.

Completely understand that.  We just started using the book two seasons ago (this will be our third).  Every year I'm having to train the managers how to score everything properly since I have a yearly turnover in managers for some reason. 

Kudos to you for having all of that for the kids, by the way!  We have another coach who runs the clock/scoreboard, a parent who does the PA announcing, and videographers to record the games.  Plus, parents record their own short clips and post them to our social media sites.

MDXPHD

Apps can get as tedious as pencil and paper. The only automation would probably be totals, which would be just as easy to use a running taly throughout the game. A list of players on a spreadsheet with different columns for statistical purposes, then a tally in each one. Extremely simple and efficient. You may find apps are slower and more complicated to enter statistics.

With that being said, Android has an app called soccer stats w/timer. It's not terrible. But again, a pencil and paper might trump any app that is currently out.

pantherdad

zerozero

Back in the day when my kid played travel baseball, I used an app called gamechanger.io It was a learning curve to use, but after a few games I could track a game in my sleep. Could even miss several pitches/outs and as long as someone could tell me what happened while I was gone could get caught up in a matter of seconds. Interfaced with Twitter and Facebook to send updates and automatically emailed in .csv game stats when a game was completed. Having kept stats on paper and in spreadsheets, I find 'apps' more engaging and make the 'user' (ie parent you sucker into the job) feel more part of the game if tracking 'in-app'.......all my personal opinion. Will look at the suggestions previously posted. Thanks.

sevenof400

I can see it now - ZeroZero is that parent who knows where every electrical outlet is at every park in case of extra innings!   ;D

zerozero

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 16, 2017, 02:25:48 pm
I can see it now - ZeroZero is that parent who knows where every electrical outlet is at every park in case of extra innings!   ;D
Electrical outlets.....I brought my own generator to run the fans, misting system, music and then my stuff if there was room left on the surge protector.....LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas