• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ft. Lake HC (filled - JD Plumlee)

Started by Look A Here, February 14, 2017, 11:19:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Look A Here

February 14, 2017, 11:19:22 am Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:03:05 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Does this draw interest or will this be passed to someone on staff?

Pat Swilling

Look A Here

I agree, has to be at least the 2nd best job in Hot Springs area, after LH. I just am curious if they truly open it up or go with a known coach on staff.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 14, 2017, 11:24:44 am
very good job

Based on what? Serious question.

Facilities? Fan support? Student/community involvement? I'm asking because it certainly will be hard to win consistently in that conference. Wondering why this is a good job...

Pat Swilling

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 14, 2017, 12:25:33 pm
Based on what? Serious question.

? Facilities? Fan support? Student/community involvementI'm asking because it certainly will be hard to win consistently in that conference. Wondering why this is a good job...

Facilities. Fan support. Student/community involvement are all incredible at FL

Katdaddy

Just curious, is there ever a chance that they would go back down to 3A? If so, I would think that would be enticing for a coach

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 14, 2017, 01:07:56 pm
Just curious, is there ever a chance that they would go back down to 3A? If so, I would think that would be enticing for a coach

Definitely possible. They were only about 30 students above the 3A line last time. That would certainly help them in terms of being a consistent winner.

nchan

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 14, 2017, 01:05:22 pm
Facilities. Fan support. Student/community involvement are all incredible at FL

I would pass on the job just to skip having to walk up that mountain every day...  ;D

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: nchan on February 14, 2017, 01:22:20 pm
I would pass on the job just to skip having to walk up that mountain every day...  ;D

Have to consider all factors!!!  If they could move back down to 3A, it would be a great job.  But you never know where that line will fall in each cycle. 

footballfan-tastic

Gilleran did a good job of building up the football program over the years but 4A may be too much for them.  It sure hurt them this past season.

FBfan79

February 14, 2017, 09:29:09 pm #10 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:10:15 am by FBfan79
4A is not too much for them with Gilleran coaching... a lot harder... yes.  FL might not have finished well  in their old 3A conference this past year. 

Pat Swilling

scrapman

FBfan79

FBfan79

On a side note.. FL's 2017 non-conf schedule is-

Scrimmage - CAC
Pottsville
@Haskell Harmony Grove
@Smackover

coachsearch

Any word on this one or is it an inside job

RabidWolf

Just saw where Mike Cox is a candidate

Dr. Defense

Look A Here

February 24, 2017, 09:59:19 am #18 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:03:13 am by Look A Here
Quote from: RabidWolf on February 23, 2017, 11:52:59 am
Just saw where Mike Cox is a candidate
Wing T to Single Wing...maybe  Is there a list of candidates somewhere? I still think that this might be a interesting job to some quality coaches.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Look A Here on February 24, 2017, 09:59:19 am
Wing T to Single Wing...maybe  Is there a list of candidates somewhere? I still think that this might be a interesting job to some quality coaches.

I would think this would definitely attract a lot of attention....Good area, great facilities

Look A Here

Quote from: Look A Here on February 24, 2017, 09:59:19 am
I did not mean this as an insult to Coach Cox

Lanny

There are 25+ applicants including several assistant coaches from other schools.

FBfan79

Quote from: Lanny on February 25, 2017, 05:30:24 am
There are 25+ applicants including several assistant coaches from other schools.

Wow.. thanks for sharing

Lanny

List is narrowing down, interviews coming up

theoleballcoach

Any chance that list is online?  I would figure there are some pretty good applicants for this one.

Lanny

Quote from: theoleballcoach on February 26, 2017, 08:48:42 am
Any chance that list is online?  I would figure there are some pretty good applicants for this one.
No chance

Sherlock

Would Ricky may consider this job? I know its in a tougher district, but he's very familiar with that offensive system. Hes also taken waldron to 5 wins in his second season there. just a thought

footballfan-tastic

Are they interested in staying with the current offense? That's usually not a prerequisite.

nastynice

Quote from: Sherlock on February 28, 2017, 12:19:27 pm
Would Ricky may consider this job? I know its in a tougher district, but he's very familiar with that offensive system. Hes also taken waldron to 5 wins in his second season there. just a thought

Don't know how hard he is considering, but I've heard there was mutual interest. He ain't staying in Waldron long.

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: Sherlock on February 28, 2017, 12:19:27 pm

Doubtful.  He has a daughter who is either a sophomore or junior.  I don't see him moving her at this point.  I do think Coach May is one of the best in the business.

Sherlock

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on February 28, 2017, 01:57:07 pm
Are they interested in staying with the current offense? That's usually not a prerequisite.

I don't think its a deal breaker, but they have had success running that system. Getting a quality coach that knows that system might be a plus for them so they aren't " starting over" with a new system.

nastynice

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on March 01, 2017, 07:18:17 am
Doubtful.  He has a daughter who is either a sophomore or junior.  I don't see him moving her at this point.  I do think Coach May is one of the best in the business.

I think she's a junior but goes to school at home in Booneville where her mom is still a teacher. May drives back and forth to Waldron every day. If this job were open next year, then maybe. But you're right, from what I've heard he wants to wait till she graduates so him and Mrs May can move together.

Katdaddy

Whats the latest on this job?? Have they started interviews yet?

coachsearch

Interviews have started from what I heard

fbisgreat

Quote from: nastynice on March 01, 2017, 12:29:47 pm
I think she's a junior but goes to school at home in Booneville where her mom is still a teacher. May drives back and forth to Waldron every day. If this job were open next year, then maybe. But you're right, from what I've heard he wants to wait till she graduates so him and Mrs May can move together.
Paris job is open he may go there.

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: fbisgreat on March 02, 2017, 06:09:08 pm
Paris job is open he may go there.

I'm sure Paris folks would love that.

cuckoobird

Ils jouent au football à paris?

Lanny

Interviews this week, they are getting close

Look A Here

Any names?  I know school's really try to keep this stuff quiet, for whatever reason.  I saw Coach May was mentioned wondering if that really had any weight to it? 

coachsearch

Beaver Fever

Beaver Fever

I heard no one on staff applied

OB11

Quote from: Beaver Fever on March 08, 2017, 09:53:50 am
I heard no one on staff applied

Would that be a bad sign if no one in house applied?

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

My sources say they are interviewing four.  I know of three of them, and any of those three will be great hires. I think two interviewed today and the other two will be Friday.

Lanny, please correct me if I'm wrong.

FBfan79

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on March 08, 2017, 09:17:31 pm
My sources say they are interviewing four.  I know of three of them, and any of those three will be great hires. I think two interviewed today and the other two will be Friday.

Lanny, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't wait... thanks for the info

Lanny

JD Plumlee new Ftn Lake coach

FBfan79

http://www.couriernews.com/view/full_story/26570593/article-Dawson-brings-in-Plumlee-to-RHS-football

In this article,  Dawson said Plumlee would be a head coach before long.  He was right.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Great hire. Will be a great head coach and a great leader to coach under and play under. Congratulations to Coach Plumlee and to Fountain Lake.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas