• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seeding for the 5A West Conference Tournament - Starting Feb 20 at Greenbrier

Started by sevenof400, February 10, 2017, 10:20:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Go Postal

CCD-2 Champion Morrilton Devil Dogs

CCD-1 Champion Harrison Golden Goblins

game up next...

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 32
Morrilton Devil Dogs 18
Half

GOBS had too many turnovers.  Motown seem to be guarding Curry quite a bit, that's fine but Harrison has a lot of other good shooters.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 62
Morrilton Devil Dogs 43

Final

Goblins and Lady Goblins winning streak is still going.
But will the Cinderella story Airedalettes put a end to the Lady Goblins wins in the 5A West championship game?
Will the Golden Goblins be able to win against the 1st seed from the West-East, Maumelle for the 5A West championship game?

Stay tuned for tomorrow night.  Same Bat Channel, same Bat time.

AT

Thanks for the updates, GP.

Hope it's a good one for the Airedalettes tomorrow!

sevenof400

Chief_Osceola™

woopork

There are probably 10-11 players who have played varsity minutes not counting trash minutes. Depends on the night a lot of times.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 24, 2017, 10:15:29 am
How deep is Harrison's bench?
Quote from: woopork on February 24, 2017, 10:32:21 am
There are probably 10-11 players who have played varsity minutes not counting trash minutes. Depends on the night a lot of times.
Of those 10-11.......in a tight game the number is more like 8 after an injury.

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 24, 2017, 10:15:29 am
How deep is Harrison's bench?
I guess it will have to be as deep as we need it. And then we have the boys team also.  LOL

Go Postal

GobTV is live.  West Championship games.
Girls: Alma vs Harrison. Boys: Maumelle vs Harrison

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 10
Alma Airedalettes 9

end of 1.

GOBS have two shooters on bench with foul trouble.

Chief_Osceola™

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 20
Alma Airedalettes 16

Half.

GOBS had 3 starters on bench with foul trouble.

sevenof400

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 32
Alma Airedalettes 25

end of 3

Gob fans not too happy with that last second terrible call on Glenn.

Ponca

Made the long drive again from West Helena for tonight's Harrison vs Maumelle game. Whoever suggested Wagon Wheel. Thank you. Excellent place.

This Harrison vs Maumelle game gonna be off the chain!

Looks like Lady Gobs got this game with Alma wrapped up.

Go Postal

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on February 24, 2017, 07:35:26 pm
Harrison Lady Goblins 32
Alma Airedalettes 25

end of 3

Gob fans not too happy with that last second terrible call on Glenn.

Is Drama Mama in the house?   ;D

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on February 24, 2017, 07:38:45 pm
I believe Farmington girls won, not sure of score.  Yet.

See OP ... and ...

Farmington 64, Clarksville 51

Ponca

Gonna be honest here. West plays East 1st round right? I don't see any of the West girls advancing past 1st round except maybe Harrison. Harrison will get the 4 from East and that helps. But even Harrison will likely be underdogs.

I'm talking Girls here.

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 53
Alma Airedalettes 37
Final

Lady Goblins are the 5A/6A CCD-1 and the 5A West Champs!

Now for the boys game...
Maumelle vs Harrison

Ponca

Quote from: Go Postal on February 24, 2017, 07:56:39 pm
Now for the boys game...
Maumelle vs Harrison

This graphic sums up the game that's about to be.

Watching warm-ups. Good god Maumelle looks unreal.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 36
Maumelle Hornets 37

Half.

I'm glad that Harrison played in a weak conference.  LOL
But seriously, a great game.  Too many turnovers by both teams.  GOBS need to start making FTs.

Ponca

INSANE 1ST HALF!

GOBLINS PLAY SO dang FAST! Committing too many turnovers though.

Maumelle stroking it from 3 though.

This is a big boys game no doubt!

Chief_Osceola™

There's someone here repping some Maryland Terps gear. Not sure who he's here to see though.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 57
Maumelle Hornets 45

end of 3

Maumelle showing their athleticism.  GOBS still not making FTs.

Chief_Osceola™

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Go Postal on February 24, 2017, 12:03:53 pm
I guess it will have to be as deep as we need it. And then we have the boys team also.  LOL

Needed it a bit more deep tonight..

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 66
Maumelle Hornets 84

Final

Maumelle has a fabulous team. Congratulations Hornets.
The West needs to bring it to the East now.

Ponca

WOW!

That dunk by Maumelle on Goblin kid was the 2nd half in a nutshell.

Local Flavor was best player on the floor in the 1st half. I don't remember him doing anything in 2nd half. Goblins fast transistion game was non-existent in 2nd half. They were out of gas. Except for that Curry kid. I expect he's taking his game to the next level.

Maumelle is real deal. They can stroke 3's. They never run out of gas. Can drive and score. Give their coach credit. His 2nd half adjustments if he had to make any was difference.

Totally different game in 2nd half.

Now long drive back to West Helena.

Ponca

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 24, 2017, 08:56:07 pm
There's someone here repping some Maryland Terps gear. Not sure who he's here to see though.

Gotta be Tremont.

Local Flavor is going to Southwest Baptist.

I think Local Flavor is selling himself short. Should go Juco then sign with D1 school after 2 years.

theflash10

Caught some the live stream at the end. Like some have already mentioned that may have been the best in game high school dunk I've ever seen. Talk about catching bodies! And Ponca, Curry is going to Newman University, a D2 in Wichita, Kansas.

Ponca

Quote from: theflash10 on February 24, 2017, 10:13:22 pm
Caught some the live stream at the end. Like some have already mentioned that may have been the best in game high school dunk I've ever seen. Talk about catching bodies! And Ponca, Curry is going to Newman University, a D2 in Wichita, Kansas.

That dunk was ridiculous!

Never heard of Newman, but they got a good one. Curry kept going. Whole game. He never ran out of gas. Real deal guard.

theflash10

Quote from: Ponca on February 24, 2017, 10:13:15 pm
Gotta be Tremont.

Local Flavor is going to Southwest Baptist.

I think Local Flavor is selling himself short. Should go Juco then sign with D1 school after 2 years.
Where did you hear the decision of SBU for Atwell? He's that struggle spot for colleges to go get. 6'6 is an odd size for the build he has and being in between playing positions at the next level. I've thought the whole time a D2 like SBU would be a good fit for him.

Ponca

Quote from: theflash10 on February 24, 2017, 10:15:44 pm
Where did you hear the decision of SBU for Atwell? He's that struggle spot for colleges to go get. 6'6 is an odd size for the build he has and being in between playing positions at the next level. I've thought the whole time a D2 like SBU would be a good fit for him.

He's still got work to do to even step foot on SBU campus. I think it's academic. Don't like posting this.

Go Postal

Though Marseilles didn't score as much as he can, I heard that he got a scholarship for golf but I can't remember where.

theflash10

Quote from: Go Postal on February 24, 2017, 10:28:36 pm
Though Marseilles didn't score as much as he can, I heard that he got a scholarship for golf but I can't remember where.
Arkansas Tech.

woopork

Maumelle creates chaos man. Their speed is crazy. They take the legs out of opponents for second half. Thought 1 stepped up tonight and played better than I've seen this year. 2's dunk on Harrison was best dunk I've seen all year.

I didn't like how the foul count was even. Maumelle playa hard physical defense on all 84 feet of the floor. Harrison played half court defense tonight. I don't think refs should try to keep could count even in that instance. Thought that was pretty crappy job of refs. But props to Maumelle for making Harrison look like a bad shooting team with no legs. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

Also, I love how Morrilton boys play. Boys are under sontrol and discipline and play good hard old school ball and you can tell their coach really emphasizes discipline. I enjoyed watching him coach and their team play.

Good luck to all the 5A West teams. Let's go sweep the East to make up for going 1-3 in football.

ZoneBuster

When a team is lesser athletically they will often foul quite a bit against a more athletic attacking team. Especially when they are trying to play man to man and can't stay with those guys.

woopork

Did you watch the game? Maumelle was hand checking the whole time. It's not always just about who is more athletic. It's about discipline and moving your feet.

Chief_Osceola™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas