• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A-7West district

Started by BannerChaser95, February 09, 2017, 07:15:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBLOOD

Excellent win by Kirby at Nevada without their point guard.  The young man is the leader of the team and it says a lot that they could step up and beat a top 5 team (on the road, on senior night) without him.  I hope he is able to come back and be at or near 100%.   

See, BannerChaser, I don't hate Kirby.  May have even played golf a few times with the boys' coach.  He's not so bad (at coaching)......we are both pretty bad at golf!!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 13, 2017, 09:29:59 am
Excellent win by Kirby at Nevada without their point guard.  The young man is the leader of the team and it says a lot that they could step up and beat a top 5 team (on the road, on senior night) without him.  I hope he is able to come back and be at or near 100%.   

See, BannerChaser, I don't hate Kirby.  May have even played golf a few times with the boys' coach.  He's not so bad (at coaching)......we are both pretty bad at golf!!!
haha and I don't hate dierks. I may have even jumped around in my living room when mt ida won state in football. I do talk about teams on here beside my own but I don't hate any team. I just call things like I see it and I guess it just looks bad lol. Either way I wish the best for teams around here. I'm not familiar with how spread out 2A is but down in 1A we don't have much support down this way. Have to stick together sometimes. Haha

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 13, 2017, 09:29:59 am

Kirby's Coach is a good dude!

tacklethis...

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 13, 2017, 09:42:53 am
haha and I don't hate dierks. I may have even jumped around in my living room when mt ida won state in football. I do talk about teams on here beside my own but I don't hate any team. I just call things like I see it and I guess it just looks bad lol. Either way I wish the best for teams around here. I'm not familiar with how spread out 2A is but down in 1A we don't have much support down this way. Have to stick together sometimes. Haha

Basketball is something Dierks does between football and baseball to pass the time....However, Coach A is trying to change that and has done a fine job to this point...

BLUEBLOOD

Who won the girls' games at tournament last night?

Dierks boys beat Mt Ida and Acorn boys beat Umpire.  I just haven't heard about the girls games.  Anyone got the scoop?

HogsFb

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 14, 2017, 08:07:23 am
Who won the girls' games at tournament last night?

Dierks boys beat Mt Ida and Acorn boys beat Umpire.  I just haven't heard about the girls games.  Anyone got the scoop?

Dierks boys beat Mt. Ida, Kirby girls beat Umpire and Acorn boys beat Umpire.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: HogsFb on February 14, 2017, 08:23:46 am
Dierks boys beat Mt. Ida, Kirby girls beat Umpire and Acorn boys beat Umpire.

Thanks

BLUEBLOOD

I saw Dierks girls beat Oden.  Who won the other 2 games last night?

BannerChaser95

Acorn girls will play Mt. Ida

Kirby girls play dierks

Kirby boys play acorn

Mineral springs boys play dierks

Winners to play each other Friday in championship. The higher seed loser in the games Thursday is the 3rd seed

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 15, 2017, 09:29:03 am
Acorn girls will play Mt. Ida

Kirby girls play dierks

Kirby boys play acorn

Mineral springs boys play dierks

Winners to play each other Friday in championship. The higher seed loser in the games Thursday is the 3rd seed

Thank you sir.  I felt like MS boys would win over Oden, but that girls game (MI vs MS) should have been a good one. I believe their season matchup was close game, maybe went to OT. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 15, 2017, 09:37:47 am
Thank you sir.  I felt like MS boys would win over Oden, but that girls game (MI vs MS) should have been a good one. I believe their season matchup was close game, maybe went to OT.
both of those girls teams didn't do to hot late I. The year on the road. Both decent at home. Figure Mt. Ida had more fans so that probably helped. I don't think they have much chance against Acorn @Acorn.

I say acorn over mt ida by 20

Kirby over dierks by 10

Kirby boys over acorn by 25

Mineral over dierks by 10-15

Just my shot in the dark

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 15, 2017, 09:45:32 am
both of those girls teams didn't do to hot late I. The year on the road. Both decent at home. Figure Mt. Ida had more fans so that probably helped. I don't think they have much chance against Acorn @Acorn.

I say acorn over mt ida by 20

Kirby over dierks by 10

Kirby boys over acorn by 25

Mineral over dierks by 10-15

Just my shot in the dark

Acorn is typically hard to beat in Acorn.  But I think Kirby boys are that much better. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 15, 2017, 10:05:42 am
Acorn is typically hard to beat in Acorn.  But I think Kirby boys are that much better.
it was only a 10 point game a believe at half there earlier this year. But came out after half and put it away. So who know, if dierks can't stop the PG from mineral it could be bad. But if dierks can feed fox all night I think it'll stay close.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 15, 2017, 10:08:19 am
it was only a 10 point game a believe at half there earlier this year. But came out after half and put it away. So who know, if dierks can't stop the PG from mineral it could be bad. But if dierks can feed fox all night I think it'll stay close.

Depends which Dierks team shows up to play.  They are capable but MS is athletic and deep.  Could give any team troubles if they are clicking.

rheddhoss

Mount Ida girls played Acorn close both time this year. First game Acorn by one. Second game at Acorn, Score 71-71, Acorn hits shot off rebound with .5 seconds left to win by two. So don't plan on it being a blowout for Acorn. Mount Ida is going to give them a run for their money!

The Great One

Did Jackson move his daughter up after district?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: The Great One on February 15, 2017, 07:30:25 pm

Surely.  According to roster on MaxPreps he moved her up and the point guard from the jr high team.

doctor in the house

Quote from: The Great One on February 15, 2017, 07:30:25 pm

Yes, and she played very well tonight.

rheddhoss

Great job by Sophie Jackson tonight. 

BannerChaser95

Acorn girls win by 30

Kirby boys win by 15

Kirby girls win 16

Mineral springs and dierks playing now

The Great One

Quote from: doctor in the house on February 16, 2017, 08:07:09 pm
Yes, and she played very well tonight.
I figured that would make a difference in the Mt Ida game this time didn't know it would make 30 points worth... Sounds like she played well!!

BannerChaser95

February 16, 2017, 09:36:22 pm #71 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:39:13 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: The Great One on February 16, 2017, 09:30:39 pm
I figured that would make a difference in the Mt Ida game this time didn't know it would make 30 points worth... Sounds like she played well!!
acorns been playing better as of late too, lost @ Kirby. But beat Kirby @ acorn by 13 later in the year.

The Great One

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 16, 2017, 09:36:22 pm
acorns been playing better as of late too, lost @ Kirby. But beat Kirby @ acorn by 13 later in the year.
Yeah I haven't seen them since Nashville tournament and that was over a month and a half ago... They looked ok there until the finals... Didn't play very well that night.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 16, 2017, 08:34:32 pm
Acorn girls win by 30

Kirby boys win by 15

Kirby girls win 16

i thought I heard they mercy rule everybody in therir conference

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 16, 2017, 08:34:32 pm
Acorn girls win by 30

Kirby boys win by 15

Kirby girls win 16

MS beat Dierks boys by 20 or so.  MS shot the 3-ball very well and forced some turnovers that led to easy points.  If they shoot that well tonight, it should be a very good boys final.  Girls final should be a good one too.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 16, 2017, 09:56:45 pm
i thought I heard they mercy rule everybody in therir conference
Who?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 09:34:01 am
Who?

Uh-oh, BannerChaser's ears perked up!!!  Did someone make a comment toward Kirby?  Or were they talking about Kirby without saying Kirby?

Sic 'em BannerChaser

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 17, 2017, 09:55:47 am
Uh-oh, BannerChaser's ears perked up!!!  Did someone make a comment toward Kirby?  Or were they talking about Kirby without saying Kirby?

Sic 'em BannerChaser
I am curious if he's talking about Kirby or acorn girls. Kirby boys did. Everyone except mineral springs boys. And mt. Ida once. If he means acorn they are co conference champs with Kirby girls. They split the season and point difference gave acorn the difference (lost by 9, won by 13) hence the acorn tigers were the 1 seed. Now I'm assuming he meant Kirby boys. So yeah the game was close, against acorn @ Acorn and the boys got started slower than normal. But still won going away lol I'm not worried about acorn boys any more than I am mineral springs. Kirbys closest confrence game. And Minerals plating good ball. It would surprise me to see mineral play the hardest they have all year tonight. So it'll be a good game.

BannerChaser95

Tonight's finals
2)Kirby vs 1)Acorn girls @6pm

2)Mineral Springs vs 1)Kirby

Girls 3rd place is dierks, 4th will be Mt Ida.

Boys 3rd place is dierks, 4th will be Acorn.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 10:10:09 am
I am curious if he's talking about Kirby or acorn girls. Kirby boys did. Everyone except mineral springs boys. And mt. Ida once. If he means acorn they are co conference champs with Kirby girls. They split the season and point difference gave acorn the difference (lost by 9, won by 13) hence the acorn tigers were the 1 seed. Now I'm assuming he meant Kirby boys. So yeah the game was close, against acorn @ Acorn and the boys got started slower than normal. But still won going away lol I'm not worried about acorn boys any more than I am mineral springs. Kirbys closest confrence game. And Minerals plating good ball. It would surprise me to see mineral play the hardest they have all year tonight. So it'll be a good game.

Only one conference game counted in the seedings (the 2nd game) IF you played them twice.  I know as far is Dierks is concerned, we only played Acorn & Mineral Springs twice (of our conference teams).  There were no conference co-champs.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 17, 2017, 11:10:23 am
Only one conference game counted in the seedings (the 2nd game) IF you played them twice.  I know as far is Dierks is concerned, we only played Acorn & Mineral Springs twice (of our conference teams).  There were no conference co-champs.
Oh yeah? I just assumed if both go undefeated in confrence and split the season that's how it'd work. It's how it used to be,  And then points was the difference.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 11:27:59 am
Oh yeah? I just assumed if both go undefeated in confrence and split the season that's how it'd work. It's how it used to be,  And then points was the difference.

Can't be undefeated AND split with another team
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, that is my understanding how it worked out.  AAA didn't even require "postseason district teams" to play each other.  Some districts had coaches get together and vote on seeding with no head to head matchups!!!  What a nightmare. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 17, 2017, 11:32:31 am
Can't be undefeated AND split with another team
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, that is my understanding how it worked out.  AAA didn't even require "postseason district teams" to play each other.  Some districts had coaches get together and vote on seeding with no head to head matchups!!!  What a nightmare.
I was saying undefeated with other teams. Both Kirby and acorn won every game. Then they split the season. Both winning at home. That's the only thing that made sense to me. But who know. Regardless acorns the 1 and Kirby was the 2.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 11:41:51 am
I was saying undefeated with other teams. Both Kirby and acorn won every game. Then they split the season. Both winning at home. That's the only thing that made sense to me. But who know. Regardless acorns the 1 and Kirby was the 2.

I knew what you were saying but there was one flaw in your logic:  "AAA" & "reasonable" are not often used in the same process!!  I'm glad our conference coaches had the foresight to schedule each other during the regular season or the picture could have been much more blurry!!  Some conferences are dealing with it now.

NewRecruit

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 17, 2017, 12:15:47 pm
I knew what you were saying but there was one flaw in your logic:  "AAA" & "reasonable" are not often used in the same process!!  I'm glad our conference coaches had the foresight to schedule each other during the regular season or the picture could have been much more blurry!!  Some conferences are dealing with it now.
You are absolutely right!! AAA has really messed up some districts and took a lot of gate money away from a lot of the schools with their "Logic".

BannerChaser95

February 17, 2017, 06:45:53 pm #85 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:19:18 pm by BannerChaser95
Acorn Girls 71
Kirby 42
Final

Acorn girls are playing lights out

Jacket_10

Any radio for the boys game?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Jacket_10 on February 17, 2017, 07:44:17 pm
Any radio for the boys game?
i couldn't tell you,

Kirby 34
MS 28
HALF

BannerChaser95

Kirby 46
Mineral springs 31
End of 3

BannerChaser95

Kirby 59
MS 47
Final

Was a 20 point game but Kirby stalled and didn't make free throws

brotherdew

Does anyone know the score to either of the 7-1A West's boys semifinals games? I know who won, but I am trying to find out specific scores.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas