• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-3 District Tournaments @ Osceola

Started by luxora4life, February 08, 2017, 08:00:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel2012

BoxNOne

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 16, 2017, 08:47:36 pm
Heard Riverside girls def Corning easily

Lady Rebels were a lot better than Corning. Corning left one of,if not the best, 3point shooter in NEA open a lot and she nailed 7 3's.

Radiotalker

Man, the lions always play so hard against the Seminoles. Pretty tough 4 seed.

Paperman

Osceola boys 78, Manila 76

Riverside girls 77, Corning 55

Rivercrest boys 63, Riverside 62

Osceola girls 59, Hoxie 53

Friday schedule
Girls Consolation 4 p.m.
Corning vs. Hoxie
Boys Consolation 5:30
Manila vs. Riverside
Girls Championship 7 p.m.
Osceola vs. Riverside
Boys Championship 8:30
Rivercrest vs. Osceola

Radiotalker

Quote from: Paperman on February 16, 2017, 10:36:26 pm
Osceola boys 78, Manila 76

Riverside girls 77, Corning 55

Rivercrest boys 63, Riverside 62

Osceola girls 59, Hoxie 53

Friday schedule
Girls Consolation 4 p.m.
Corning vs. Hoxie
Boys Consolation 5:30
Manila vs. Riverside
Girls Championship 7 p.m.
Osceola vs. Riverside
Boys Championship 8:30
Rivercrest vs. Osceola

So there is a 3rd place game

BoxNOne

No telling what will happen in that consolation game. I don't figure the Lions or Rebels will be real enthused after tough losses tonight.

General Lee

February 16, 2017, 11:23:38 pm #56 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:44:26 pm by General Lee
The only question I have is this: why would they not let anyone into the gym when there were open seats?

Maverick

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 16, 2017, 10:32:20 pm
Man, the lions always play so hard against the Seminoles. Pretty tough 4 seed.
Manila is a 3 seed!

501Arkansas

I heard Manila can't take a lost without trying to fight smh

Head Lion

Get your facts straight, no one from Manila was trying to fight. Some punk threw a water bottle & hit the coach in the back of head. He told the officials & admin his team would be back on the court when they could get control of the situation. Great game by both teams marred by the idiotic behavior of a few. O yea, if their is video, the post did the Texas 4 step shuffle before putting the ball in, but we all knew what we were facing going in. Best of luck to all the 3A3 teams next week.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Head Lion on February 17, 2017, 12:50:47 am
Get your facts straight, no one from Manila was trying to fight. Some punk threw a water bottle & hit the coach in the back of head. He told the officials & admin his team would be back on the court when they could get control of the situation. Great game by both teams marred by the idiotic behavior of a few. O yea, if their is video, the post did the Texas 4 step shuffle before putting the ball in, but we all knew what we were facing going in. Best of luck to all the 3A3 teams next week.
All I said was I "HEARD" and yeah we all knew what you guys were facing, it was The Osceola Seminoles lol but good luck guys great game

ZoneBuster

ZoneBuster

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 14, 2017, 08:50:00 pm
IMO.....those are four solid teams
NEA Baller 21 didnt think so about RiverCrest. Oh well a not so impressive team to him beat #2 Riverside and moves on to the title game. Not bad for a not so impressive team.  ;D ???

ISU7

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 14, 2017, 08:54:34 pm
3 of those 4 are
So if the one team that didnt impress you is in the championship game . hmmmmmmmm. ??? ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o
lol all the way to the district finals.  :-X :-X :-X

RedWolf275

Quote from: General Lee on February 16, 2017, 11:23:38 pm
The only question I have is this: why would they not let anyone into the gym when there were open seats?

This is an excellent question. I've been to a lot district tournaments and have see bigger crowds inside the gym than what was there last night. They should have made sure all seats were occupied, which they weren't. Very poor job managing the situation.

redandgray

February 17, 2017, 08:04:01 am #66 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:07:33 am by redandgray
-

NeaBaller21

Quote from: ISU7 on February 17, 2017, 07:49:15 am
So if the one team that didnt impress you is in the championship game . hmmmmmmmm. ??? ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o
lol all the way to the district finals.  :-X :-X :-X
Hard to beat a team 3 times lol

BoxNOne

I feel certain Rivercrest is the best 7 win team in the state! Good luck to the Colts next week.

redandgray

The Colts have improved so much through the year.  Coach Ashabranner has done a phenomenal job with those guys.  Very young team.

OB11

Quote from: redandgray on February 17, 2017, 09:31:20 am
The Colts have improved so much through the year.  Coach Ashabranner has done a phenomenal job with those guys.  Very young team.

This is where the combined conferences is helping some teams (Rivercrest) and hurting others (like Corning).  Put a young team like Rivercrest through the ringer and they come out a better team when it comes tourney time.  I'm sure Corning was  a decent team (I did not see them play), but if you don't get challenged much in conference play it comes back to bite you when the season is on the line.   

redandgray

Quote from: OB11 on February 17, 2017, 09:51:08 am
This is where the combined conferences is helping some teams (Rivercrest) and hurting others (like Corning).  Put a young team like Rivercrest through the ringer and they come out a better team when it comes tourney time.  I'm sure Corning was  a decent team (I did not see them play), but if you don't get challenged much in conference play it comes back to bite you when the season is on the line.   

I agree with that.  I knew we were young and you can definitely be inconsistent and have bad nights when you're young, but I knew every game we played this year was against good competition.  I thought there was a really good chance that  Rivercrest, Riverside, Manila, and Osceola would make it to the semis because of that...and they did. 

Radiotalker

Quote from: redandgray on February 17, 2017, 10:21:24 am
I agree with that.  I knew we were young and you can definitely be inconsistent and have bad nights when you're young, but I knew every game we played this year was against good competition.  I thought there was a really good chance that  Rivercrest, Riverside, Manila, and Osceola would make it to the semis because of that...and they did. 

what does young mean? I hear that a lot and I'm not getting on Red and Gray. I hear that from a lot of posters. can anyone enlighten me?

redandgray

I'm just saying Rivercrest is a young team.  They start 2 sophomores and a freshman.  I'm not saying other teams are not...just stating what I know.

Radiotalker

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 17, 2017, 09:26:47 am
I feel certain Rivercrest is the best 7 win team in the state! Good luck to the Colts next week.

I
Quote from: OB11 on February 17, 2017, 09:51:08 am

you're right..............if you look at strength of schedule (MaxPrep), the Colts are right there with ECS and Osceola as toughest

Maverick

February 17, 2017, 02:41:23 pm #75 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:45:53 pm by Maverick
Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 17, 2017, 06:00:31 am
False. Gotta win 3rd place game.
I was talking about the district tournament. He said Manila was a tough 4 seed. Manila is a 3 seed in the district tournament. I never said anything about Regionals. Yes, I know they are playing for 3rd place tonight.

RedWolf275

Girls consolation

Hoxie over Corning 68-56

Head Lion

RedWolf275

Boys consolation

Manila over Riverside 74-64

They couldn't have hired a worst set of referees for this tournament if they had tried lol! Absolutely 100% terrible

NeaBaller21

Man I guess Riverside just isn't a Tournament team. Picked to Win Williams Baptist and lost. Favorite to win Gerald Jennings and lost. And for sure wasn't expected to be the 4 seed going into Regionals

biglion1985

Head Lion

Don't tell anyone, but I really like how the Lions are playing. Added a couple freshman to an already deep bench, I think we are peaking.

NeaBaller21

Congrats to the Lions. Peaking at the right time it seems. Maybe Riverside will pick up the slack.

Head Lion

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 17, 2017, 06:48:52 pm
Man I guess Riverside just isn't a Tournament team. Picked to Win Williams Baptist and lost. Favorite to win Gerald Jennings and lost. And for sure wasn't expected to be the 4 seed going into Regionals
Riverside is an extremely good club with a go to great player, but I told our coaches I thought their Achilles heel all year has been their lack of a bench. This will be tough during tournaments playing back to back nights. Those long 3s just seem to start falling short. Manila plays 11 kids pretty much every game. Having said that, Riverside on any given night can beat anyone in 3A.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Head Lion on February 17, 2017, 07:12:16 pm
Riverside is an extremely good club with a go to great player, but I told our coaches I thought their Achilles heel all year has been their lack of a bench. This will be tough during tournaments playing back to back nights. Those long 3s just seem to start falling short. Manila plays 11 kids pretty much every game. Having said that, Riverside on any given night can beat anyone in 3A.
That's always been Buster's style of play. Play 5 players , and only bring someone off the bench in in case of foul trouble and injury. Never been a big fan of it.

501Arkansas

Radiotalker

This means the winner of the other side now has to play Riverside on their home court.

RedWolf275

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Maverick on February 17, 2017, 02:41:23 pm
I was talking about the district tournament. He said Manila was a tough 4 seed. Manila is a 3 seed in the district tournament. I never said anything about Regionals. Yes, I know they are playing for 3rd place tonight.

Ah my bad. I just read his questioning the third place game and my mind was stuck thinking of regionals.

RedWolf275

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Osceola boys wins 56 35 congrats to both osceola boys and lady seminoles district champs

Radiotalker

Baller_34

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 17, 2017, 06:53:51 pm
I agree on the referee part

I over heard one of the coaches say that 3 of those refs will b at Riverside next week at regionals.

Head Lion

With some they might as well let Coach Gathen just call the game.😉

BoxNOne

Quote from: Baller_34 on February 17, 2017, 10:34:10 pm
I over heard one of the coaches say that 3 of those refs will b at Riverside next week at regionals.

It was a bottom of the barrel crew no doubt

luxora4life

Quote from: Baller_34 on February 17, 2017, 10:34:10 pm

I sure hope not!

Paperman

Quote from: Head Lion on February 17, 2017, 11:35:42 pm
With some they might as well let Coach Gathen just call the game.😉
If that were to happen, I would like the Seminoles chances!😎🏀🏆 Officiating is a thankless job! Even the best crews are vilified at times! Best wishes to all 3A-3 teams this week! It is indeed nice to be able to drive 30 miles to a regional rather than 300! And safe travels to the 3A-1E teams trekking form NWA!

BoxNOne

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 17, 2017, 07:09:28 pm
Congrats to the Lions. Peaking at the right time it seems. Maybe Riverside will pick up the slack.

The Lions shot the ball very well and definitely deserved the win. It's that old cliche that it's hard to beat a good team three times. However, if the Rebels don't pick up their play, they will be one and done in regional. They didn't play worth a crap all week including the Walnut Ridge game they won by 20+.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas