• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A District Tournament

Started by Ole Legend, February 07, 2017, 11:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Team with the best chance of winning tournament?

Gravette
1 (5.9%)
Huntsville
6 (35.3%)
Pea Ridge
8 (47.1%)
Gentry
1 (5.9%)
Prairie Grove
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 14, 2017, 11:53:37 am

beach bum

Quote from: always88 on February 12, 2017, 08:22:00 pm
Once the coaches agreed that Friday's games would not count for seeding, then they proceed to seed the teams, then shiloh coach cries to AAA...just means he is a little b****.

Yea he isn't going to exactly makes friends with the other 7 coaches in the conference with that behavior going behind the coaches' backs all the way to the AAA.... I really wasn't following Prairie Grove but now I hope they beat Shiloh and send them packing.

Pioneere

Im not hiding behind a fake name, its Eldon Cripps, and here is how it went down. Coaches and ADs met in Nov. and agreed it was best for everyone to seed on Wed. so they wouldn't have to meet on Sat. to find out who was playing on monday.  According to  AAA you have to play all the conferece games, which is why the games were played on friday, however the conference coaches and ADs agreed to not count those games.

Like everything Shiloh does it wasn't an administrator that contacted AAA. it was a booster. I have it on good information that if someone were to issue a FOI request for the phone records of your state senator Jeremy Hutchinson, father of Shilohs best player we would see it was him that contacted the AAA....multiple, multiple times and that is how the AAA got involved. Shiloh ended with a 1 game better record than Gentry.  Its done, now our boys need to go play a good Gravette team Wednesday, and Prairie Grove wasn't going to be any push over. I expect shiloh came into friday's game knowing if they won this would happen, maybe had we known that we would have taken a different approach, maybe same result maybe not. Thats isn't sour grapes those are the facts.

always88

My apologies to the coach then for my previous comment!

Baller91

That is unfortunate. One day, these children whose parents continue to pull strings, bend rules and exploit loopholes just to make their children's path less difficult, will have to try to live life on their own, and chances are they will fail miserably. And Shiloh is certainly not the only place that happens.

nuttinbuthogs

Well, doesn't that just make it all OK!  Is anybody really surprised that someone from Shiloh decided they didn't like the way the deal was structured?  An folks wonder way public school supporters are skeptical of playing with the private schools. Privilege of the elite, at least they think  so. It doesn't have to be the coach or the principal if the boosters/parents use their influence.

beach bum

February 12, 2017, 09:27:58 pm #55 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:34:06 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Pioneere on February 12, 2017, 08:34:04 pm

Like everything Shiloh does it wasn't an administrator that contacted AAA. it was a booster. I have it on good information that if someone were to issue a FOI request for the phone records of your state senator Jeremy Hutchinson, father of Shilohs best player we would see it was him that contacted the AAA....multiple, multiple times and that is how the AAA got involved.

This is not going to end up pretty.... Hopefully he was wise enough to use a different phone number than his work phone because someone will go through with asking for his work phone records. "Economic privilege" from people that abuse it are extremely low people in my book. What is shady is he is related to the governor and will be protected at all costs. When you are related to the governor you obviously can pull some strings. The AAA looks shady as well if this is how they caved. If this would have been a pre thought consensus between Gentry and Shiloh saying the last game would change things that is one thing. If this really is how all this went down this is pretty blatant corruption and the AAA and Shiloh have questions to answer.

budman123

Why you think everybody hates Shiloh....

Baller91

No. It's not okay at all, but it happens at more places than just Shiloh.

An interesting side note - the esteemed senator was one of the most obnoxious fans I've ever witnessed at a high school game earlier this season. Go figure.

nuttinbuthogs

Think back to the days when the conference voted them out.  Why do you think that was?

OldTimeCager

Does anyone know where a link is to the district tournament brackets can be found online?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Baller91 on February 12, 2017, 09:30:24 pm
No. It's not okay at all, but it happens at more places than just Shiloh.

An interesting side note - the esteemed senator was one of the most obnoxious fans I've ever witnessed at a high school game earlier this season. Go figure.

You must not have sat near me then...

theoleballcoach

If any other team in the conference besides Shiloh ended up jumping up a seed, no one would have said anything other than they should have waited until after the last game to seed. You guys are hating on Shiloh because of who they are. No other reason. And I will say it is not even because of recent success. They have won recently, but nothing like when Floyd was there. It is easy to tear down. Building up is the head part.

TIGER101

So lets get this straight.   All coaches and AD's agreed earlier this year to have this format? ( All, correct??)  Then a parent got to change the results???  Could this have happened in any other school??  NO!! 

My opinion is if one team disagreed with this and spoke up it would not have been done this way.  But we are talking about $hiloh, so we should not be surprised.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: TIGER101 on February 13, 2017, 11:55:34 am
So lets get this straight.   All coaches and AD's agreed earlier this year to have this format? ( All, correct??)
Incorrect...this was decided at a volleyball meeting with only 5 of the AD's present.  The other 3 AD's were not notified until this came up on Wednesday.

Baller91

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on February 13, 2017, 12:27:13 pm
Incorrect...this was decided at a volleyball meeting with only 5 of the AD's present.  The other 3 AD's were not notified until this came up on Wednesday.

That doesn't make sense. The other three AD'S just showed up to a meeting, and they had no idea what it was for? This story keeps changing.
It's done. We all know what happened, and we all know how it happened. Let's just focus on the tournament now, and hope everyone ends up where they should.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: TIGER101 on February 13, 2017, 11:55:34 am
So lets get this straight.   All coaches and AD's agreed earlier this year to have this format? ( All, correct??)  Then a parent got to change the results???  Could this have happened in any other school??  NO!! 

My opinion is if one team disagreed with this and spoke up it would not have been done this way.  But we are talking about $hiloh, so we should not be surprised.
Great point!

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Baller91 on February 13, 2017, 12:34:16 pm
That doesn't make sense. The other three AD'S just showed up to a meeting, and they had no idea what it was for? This story keeps changing.
It's done. We all know what happened, and we all know how it happened. Let's just focus on the tournament now, and hope everyone ends up where they should.
My story has not changed.

From what I understand...in the fall, there was a meeting where the Volleyball teams were discussing seeding and All-Conference/All-State.  There were volleyball coaches and 5 AD's present.  It was discussed (not voted on) that for basketball they would meet on the Wednesday before the last playing date and seed for the district tournament and disregard the last playing date.  On Wednesday, this was brought up without those three AD's knowing that had taken place.  Our AD spoke up against it, but the final vote was 6-2 in favor of this.  At that point, it was settled, Shiloh had said their peace and would go by the voting.  Our president received a call from Lance Taylor on Saturday morning, but he told Lance that Shiloh did not want it changed because it was settled at the meeting and we were going with the way the vote went.  Lance said that was not an option and that the conference must use all of the conference games to seed the tournament.

You guys can be mad at Shiloh because that's what you want to be anyways, but Shiloh didn't do anything out of bounds here.  I've said before there was another team that contacted AAA, whether it was from an official or a parent from the school, I don't know, but it did happen.  Will there be angst towards this other school?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on February 13, 2017, 03:39:23 pm
My story has not changed.

From what I understand...in the fall, there was a meeting where the Volleyball teams were discussing seeding and All-Conference/All-State.  There were volleyball coaches and 5 AD's present.  It was discussed (not voted on) that for basketball they would meet on the Wednesday before the last playing date and seed for the district tournament and disregard the last playing date.  On Wednesday, this was brought up without those three AD's knowing that had taken place.  Our AD spoke up against it, but the final vote was 6-2 in favor of this.  At that point, it was settled, Shiloh had said their peace and would go by the voting.  Our president received a call from Lance Taylor on Saturday morning, but he told Lance that Shiloh did not want it changed because it was settled at the meeting and we were going with the way the vote went.  Lance said that was not an option and that the conference must use all of the conference games to seed the tournament.

You guys can be mad at Shiloh because that's what you want to be anyways, but Shiloh didn't do anything out of bounds here.  I've said before there was another team that contacted AAA, whether it was from an official or a parent from the school, I don't know, but it did happen.  Will there be angst towards this other school?

Only if the other school was PA...  But that wouldn't make much sense...

Ole Legend

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on February 13, 2017, 12:27:13 pm

I was told that Wednesday at the end of the meeting that EVERYONE agreed that the results from Friday nights games would not reflect the seeding for the tournament. And it was a Shiloh parent that made the call to the AAA.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 13, 2017, 04:05:22 pm
I was told that Wednesday at the end of the meeting that EVERYONE agreed that the results from Friday nights games would not reflect the seeding for the tournament. And it was a Shiloh parent that made the call to the AAA.
Everyone VOTED, and Shiloh agreed to go with the results of the voting.  WE DID NOT WANT IT CHANGED!!!  Not because we weren't against it, but because it had been settled at the meeting.

Two schools called...one was a parent from Shiloh, one a parent or school official from another school.  Anger towards Shiloh? YES!  Anger towards other school? NO!...you guys don't even care who that was.

RZback

I don't think the AAA would have intervened unless a school objected.  Parents call the AAA all the time but I believe a representative from the school administration would have to register a complaint.  The timeline seems odd, discussed but then it was voted on, voted on and those who were in favor won.  I also think conferences can alter conference rules by vote, I'm not positive about all rules but some at least.  I did a little research and this is what I got out of it.
Shiloh complained it would seem.  So whats new.  They have a history of twisting the rules.

Wendell Robinson

Any news from Berryville on today's games so far?

LRRandy

Much ado about nothing. Shiloh probably won't even make it past the first game of regionals, if that far.

BVCAT

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 13, 2017, 05:39:43 pm
Any news from Berryville on today's games so far?
Girls
Huntsville 54
Lincoln 35

Boys
Huntsville 74
Lincoln 43

beach bum

February 13, 2017, 07:15:05 pm #74 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:24:46 pm by beach bum
Quote from: theoleballcoach on February 13, 2017, 11:55:31 am
If any other team in the conference besides Shiloh ended up jumping up a seed, no one would have said anything other than they should have waited until after the last game to seed. You guys are hating on Shiloh because of who they are.

Ummmm, negative. I am hating on the situation because a parent with MAJOR connections with an apparent "god complex" was the basis of this change if what was stated last night by another poster is the truth. Any parent at any school that did this would be criticized. However, he got away with it because it was at Shiloh. This was economic and social privilege at its finest. So, what you said isn't true and could actually be used against you because no one would have ever gotten their seed changed except for Shiloh getting that privilege.

Pioneere

I stand firm on the facts I posted last night. Furthermore, Shiloh's president might have gotten a call from Lance Taylor Saturday, after, yes a parent, but not just any parent, a State Senator, son of the governor blew up Lance's phone Friday night. Just any old parent would not have gotten that kind of response.

Per AAA handbook  Rule 9 regarding the tournaments. It says the conferences will set their own rules and regulations to conduct and schedule the tournament. Which they did.

Section E. goes on to say  IN THE EVENT A CONFERENCE DOES NOT FORMULATE RULES, how to handle it, if this wasn't decided at the Nov, meeting which it was, then it certainly was decided by majority vote last Wednesday, when a majority, vote seeded the teams even though the conference record was not determinable at that time because both Shiloh and Gentry had the same record at the time. I believe there were only 2 ADs not at the meeting in Nov., 1 that was sick and Shiloh's because I understand he rarely shows up anyway. Certainly Shiloh knew about the decision because they raised the issue it at the meeting on Wednesday but the AD's all agreed to stick with the Nov agreement and the vote on seeding that was done by the coaches Wednesday. At both meetings per AAA handbook, a majority present at the meeting constituted a quorum, and a majority vote set the rules and the seeding.

Again what is done is done and I told you how it came about. It was a jacked up system the AAA put in place to begin with. Having the coaches seed teams that have not played the same schedule is ludicrous. Don't get me wrong I am glad I didn't have to drive to Berryville and Huntsville this year and won't miss that drive in the future when AAA changes it back because my son graduates this year.

BVCAT

OverPrivileged

Quote from: Pioneere on February 13, 2017, 07:55:03 pm
I stand firm on the facts I posted last night. Furthermore, Shiloh's president might have gotten a call from Lance Taylor Saturday, after, yes a parent, but not just any parent, a State Senator, son of the governor blew up Lance's phone Friday night. Just any old parent would not have gotten that kind of response.

Per AAA handbook  Rule 9 regarding the tournaments. It says the conferences will set their own rules and regulations to conduct and schedule the tournament. Which they did.

Section E. goes on to say  IN THE EVENT A CONFERENCE DOES NOT FORMULATE RULES, how to handle it, if this wasn't decided at the Nov, meeting which it was, then it certainly was decided by majority vote last Wednesday, when a majority, vote seeded the teams even though the conference record was not determinable at that time because both Shiloh and Gentry had the same record at the time. I believe there were only 2 ADs not at the meeting in Nov., 1 that was sick and Shiloh's because I understand he rarely shows up anyway. Certainly Shiloh knew about the decision because they raised the issue it at the meeting on Wednesday but the AD's all agreed to stick with the Nov agreement and the vote on seeding that was done by the coaches Wednesday. At both meetings per AAA handbook, a majority present at the meeting constituted a quorum, and a majority vote set the rules and the seeding.

Again what is done is done and I told you how it came about. It was a jacked up system the AAA put in place to begin with. Having the coaches seed teams that have not played the same schedule is ludicrous. Don't get me wrong I am glad I didn't have to drive to Berryville and Huntsville this year and won't miss that drive in the future when AAA changes it back because my son graduates this year.

boom...your move depriest

Pioneere

Not a chess match no ones move, like I said it's done, I do however need to correct a fact the Senator is a nephew to Governor not a son.

RZback

February 13, 2017, 09:03:20 pm #79 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:19:38 pm by RZback
Quote from: RZback on February 13, 2017, 04:41:51 pm
I don't think the AAA would have intervened unless a school objected.  Parents call the AAA all the time but I believe a representative from the school administration would have to register a complaint.  The timeline seems odd, discussed but then it was voted on, voted on and those who were in favor won.  I also think conferences can alter conference rules by vote, I'm not positive about all rules but some at least.  I did a little research and this is what I got out of it.
Shiloh complained it would seem.  So whats new.  They have a history of twisting the rules.

Shiloh posters/boosters and now I guess it's coaches feel they need to justify it's actions when it manipulates the rules.

Coach you said you haven't been there long and don't know much about the past.  It might be a good idea to do some research.

RZback

Quote from: BVCAT on February 13, 2017, 06:39:15 pm
Girls
Huntsville 54
Lincoln 35

Boys
Huntsville 74
Lincoln 43

disappointing but over

theoleballcoach

This just shows how backward the whole conference is. That AD's would vote to seed the tournament before all of the games are played is just plain stupid. And now everyone is complaining that changes were made to get it right is even crazier. And I stand by what I said. If it was PG or PR or any other team that had to make it right, the reactions would be much different.

Wendell Robinson

prHOG13

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on February 12, 2017, 06:59:35 pm
Agreed, you should care about getting beat by Berryville in districts
Pea Ridge won 52-33

goodnight sweetheart!

Tiger4Life2015

The games last night went just how they were suppose to according to seeding. The Huntsville Lady Eagles and Lady Bobcats both struggled early to get things going, but once they did Berryville girls ended up blowing the doors off lincoln and Huntsville girls ended up with a 20 pt win as well when they ran away in the 4th. I was very surprised by Lincoln and how they looked the first 3 quarters with a new coach which I believe is their Asst. Principal. The Huntsville Eagles boys looked unbelievable last night with the little guard hitting 8 threes and Eaton dropping 20+. The Pea Ridge boys which is one of the only teams I haven't got to see in person yet weren't too impressive compared to say Huntsville. Berryville boys are a better team than Lincoln obviously, but they were also missing their starting PG who has averaged 15+ pts most of the year for them from my understanding. I figured Pea Ridge would shoot a lot better from the outside from everything that I had heard about them, but it just didn't fall last night. They killed Berryville inside and driving to the basket with their length and athleticism.

It was a great first night to see the top seeds play and see who could be meeting in the championships. By the looks of it I'd say the Berryville Lady Bobcats and the Huntsville Eagles will be District Champs depending on both Gravette teams and how they are playing here at the end of the season. 

pridgehog

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 14, 2017, 08:20:05 am
The games last night went just how they were suppose to according to seeding. The Huntsville Lady Eagles and Lady Bobcats both struggled early to get things going, but once they did Berryville girls ended up blowing the doors off lincoln and Huntsville girls ended up with a 20 pt win as well when they ran away in the 4th. I was very surprised by Lincoln and how they looked the first 3 quarters with a new coach which I believe is their Asst. Principal. The Huntsville Eagles boys looked unbelievable last night with the little guard hitting 8 threes and Eaton dropping 20+. The Pea Ridge boys which is one of the only teams I haven't got to see in person yet weren't too impressive compared to say Huntsville. Berryville boys are a better team than Lincoln obviously, but they were also missing their starting PG who has averaged 15+ pts most of the year for them from my understanding. I figured Pea Ridge would shoot a lot better from the outside from everything that I had heard about them, but it just didn't fall last night. They killed Berryville inside and driving to the basket with their length and athleticism.

It was a great first night to see the top seeds play and see who could be meeting in the championships. By the looks of it I'd say the Berryville Lady Bobcats and the Huntsville Eagles will be District Champs depending on both Gravette teams and how they are playing here at the end of the season.
Considering Huntsville beat Berryville by 9 without their Point Guard last Tuesday, I'd say Ole Pea Ridge was pretty impressive. Always gotta be somebody to cheap shot High School kids when they get a chance. Pea Ridge didn't sit outside and shoot 70 threes last night...

Ole Legend

Why stand outside and shoot threes when you can get to the rim anytime you want?

Tiger4Life2015

There's no cheap shot at all in what i stated. If I knew you PR fans were that sensitive on an issue where I stated they are "known" as a 3 point shooting team and "they just didn't fall last night" hurt your feelings I am sorry. I just gave my opinion of what I observed. They still shot plenty of 3s and they didn't fall. All I have heard all year is how they have 6 kids that can stroke the 3 ball... Probably read such from you or another PR poster before actually. Just an observation no cheap shot at all with my analysis and my opinion. Ole Legend is correct why shoot 3s when you can get to the rim and they started doing such the entire second half and that's why it ended the way it did. I actually complimented them on their athleticism, length, and driving which ultimately won them the game..... I won't and never have "cheap shotted" a kid on here. Simple criticism. It's ashame this day and age some people can't handle such even when positively follows.

pridgehog

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 14, 2017, 12:10:22 pm
There's no cheap shot at all in what i stated. If I knew you PR fans were that sensitive on an issue where I stated they are "known" as a 3 point shooting team and "they just didn't fall last night" hurt your feelings I am sorry. I just gave my opinion of what I observed. They still shot plenty of 3s and they didn't fall. All I have heard all year is how they have 6 kids that can stroke the 3 ball... Probably read such from you or another PR poster before actually. Just an observation no cheap shot at all with my analysis and my opinion. Ole Legend is correct why shoot 3s when you can get to the rim and they started doing such the entire second half and that's why it ended the way it did. I actually complimented them on their athleticism, length, and driving which ultimately won them the game..... I won't and never have "cheap shotted" a kid on here. Simple criticism. It's ashame this day and age some people can't handle such even when positively follows.
We gave Berryville their worst home loss of the season. Sorry we didn't impress you as much as Huntsville.

Tiger4Life2015

Haha. No need to apologize to me! I'm glad my opinion has struck a nerve and impressed you that much though good sir! Again, just my opinion of last night... Congrats on giving Berryville their worst home loss to a depleted team who was the 7 seed. If boasting about that makes you feel better about the performance than boast away. Huntsville did look better last night and I think everyone at the games would probably agree if they watched both. Wish Pea Ridge the best of luck this year in the post season since they have not been able to advance much the past few years when they have been picked every single year to advance. They are due to say the least. Plus always help to get some big move-ins  ;)

OverPrivileged

True I looked it up.  Pea ridge, since '05-'06 makes it to regionals (playoffs) about every other year. Pea ridge rarely makes it out of regionals. 

It looks like they have gotten past regionals one time under the previous coach.  I think 2009. 

Pea ridge faithful, do you have a rebuttal?

pridgehog

February 14, 2017, 01:24:43 pm #91 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:32:11 pm by pridgehog
Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 14, 2017, 01:00:43 pm
Haha. No need to apologize to me! I'm glad my opinion has struck a nerve and impressed you that much though good sir! Again, just my opinion of last night... Congrats on giving Berryville their worst home loss to a depleted team who was the 7 seed. If boasting about that makes you feel better about the performance than boast away. Huntsville did look better last night and I think everyone at the games would probably agree if they watched both. Wish Pea Ridge the best of luck this year in the post season since they have not been able to advance much the past few years when they have been picked every single year to advance. They are due to say the least. Plus always help to get some big move-ins  ;)
Thank you so much for the well wishes Tiger4life! It means the World to us.

Tiger4Life2015

Your welcome! Need it I know, and to you my opinion is very well respected obviously.  ;D ;)

Ole Legend

Quote from: vegasbobcat on February 14, 2017, 01:21:03 pm
True I looked it up.  Pea ridge, since '05-'06 makes it to regionals (playoffs) about every other year. Pea ridge rarely makes it out of regionals. 

It looks like they have gotten past regionals one time under the previous coach.  I think 2009. 

Pea ridge faithful, do you have a rebuttal?

I was on that team that made it to the quarter finals of state. That was 2011. But if you do a little more investigating, Pea Ridge has only not made it to regionals once in the past 10 years.

Ole Legend

Is there anyone at the games tonight? I was wondering how the Gravette/Gentry game was going....

Baller91

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 14, 2017, 06:08:48 pm
Is there anyone at the games tonight? I was wondering how the Gravette/Gentry game was going....
They don't play until tomorrow night.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Baller91 on February 14, 2017, 06:15:14 pm
They don't play until tomorrow night.
I forgot that they changed everything this year.... My bad

Wendell Robinson

If anyone wants to watch the Gravette/Prairie Grove girls game at 4:00 and/or the Gravette/Gentry boys game at 5:30 here is the link where you can watch it. It is completely free.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCweql1JcO7jp4GfxRxvOtwA

If for some reason that doesn't work go to lionlettermen.com and click on the drop down box in the top right hand corner and click on the "livestream" link.

Tiger4Life2015

Appreciate that Robinson! Go Gravette and PG tonight in boys action! Would hate to see Shiloh get through after what has happened in regards to seeding. Wasn't right in my opinion.

BVCAT

Girls
Gravette 48
Prairie Grove 35
Final

*Close game until late

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas