• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR Dem Gaz Rankings 2/5/17

Started by FaceInTheCrowd, February 05, 2017, 10:15:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FaceInTheCrowd

Boys
1. Cutter Morning Star (24-0)
2. Earle (20-5)
3. White County Central (27-3)
4. Jacksonville Lighthouse (22-5)
5. Bearden (16-3)

Girls
1. Earle (21-2)
2. Quitman (23-3)
3. Marmaduke (29-8)
4. Marmaduke (29-8)
5. Camden Harmony Grove (17-6)
6. Johnson Co. Westside (15-4)

N2DEEP

Marmaduke girls must be awesome they are 3rd and 4th in the rankings.

NEAscout100

Sloan Hendrix record is also 27-3.

FaceInTheCrowd

Quote from: N2DEEP on February 05, 2017, 11:54:17 am
Marmaduke girls must be awesome they are 3rd and 4th in the rankings.

Oops.  Carlisle is #3 with a 22-3 record.

Bildo

I think Carlisle is still third in the girls

RedWolf275

Hard to believe England isn't a top six team in 2a boys.

Mr. Trill

Correction
1. CMS
2. Earle
3. SH
4. WCC
5. Jacksonville lighthouse
6Bearden

Baller2121

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 05, 2017, 01:16:54 pm
Hard to believe England isn't a top six team in 2a boys.

I agree with you. Defiantly think England should be in the six. I only got to watch them play once this year but with a win over Earle the other night don't know how they can't be in the six.

Ctucker

Baller2121

Your right ctucker I read it wrong. No matter what still think they make top six losing to Earle by two.

Mr. Trill

If I had to do POWER (key word) rankings I'd put Earle as 1 and England as #2. CMS wouldn't be in my top 5

Baller2121

I don't know much about CMS so can't say much about them. SH not gunna play any defense. I've heard Wcc is young but well coached and play great defense. Earle and England will be their usual self they are always there in the end. I defiantly think the "toughness" of schedule should be a key part in the rankings.

Ctucker

I'm a WCC alumni. Just looking at scores and how different teams fair against each other witch is mis leading a little but I would put it. 1 Earle 2 J Lighthouse 3 England 4CMS 5 EPC just because there always there at the end! 6 WCC because I'm a homer. We are young start 3 sophomores 1 junior and a senior. We are very excited about them wasn't expecting this good of a year.

Baller2121

Ctucker do you think that wcc can play with England lighthouse or Earle? I know they could meet England or lighthouse in district tourney.

Ctucker

Yes I think we can. Can we beat them don't know. We beat lighthouse last year. We play good d and have a big boy that is pretty tough if our guards handle pressure yes.we beat Brinkley a few days ago by 23. We are in a pretty weak conference but play some good teams out of conference. Beat Valley springs,Pocahontas's and dardenalle in tourney at Berryville.

Baller2121

Well good luck to y'all I'm looking forward to some great games coming up.

Ctucker

Pit Bull

February 06, 2017, 06:24:10 am #17 Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:44:58 am by Pit Bull
I never worry about these rankings, Earle boys have 8 championships and I don't remember them ever being ranked no. 1 during any of them. This thing comes down to your teams depth and ability to play top level tournament ball and back to back games against tough opponents. England should definitely be in the Top 6 and that's based on their big man could go start on any team on any level in the state of Arkansas, that young dude is grizzly. Some people will learn this very soon during tournament time when they see the Lions and they put a end to their seasons, what good is ranking then? Earle will just be Earle once again fighting hard to win it all every year and as far as being young the kennel is loaded.

Cheek

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 06, 2017, 06:24:10 am
I never worry about these rankings, Earle boys have 8 championships and I don't remember them ever being ranked no. 1 during any of them. This thing comes down to your teams depth and ability to play top level tournament ball and back to back games against tough opponents. England should definitely be in the Top 6 and that's based on their big man could go start at any team on any level in the state of Arkansas, that young dude is grizzly. Some people will learn this very soon during tournament time when they see the Lions and they put a end to their seasons, what good is ranking then? Earle will just be Earle once again fighting hard to win it all every year and as far as being young the kennel is loaded.

England is not worried about where they are ranked.  Games are played on the court or field and not in the paper.  Earle has a very good team and I am glad we played them.  This is a good gauge of where we are compared to the best in the state.  We played Brinkley,  Carlisle,  Marvell and Earle in five days.  I am just glad our boys still had their legs after that last game.  This will help get us ready for tournament ball.  Good Luck to Earle and hope to see you again.

HoopKing

Can Carlisle beat Earle in girls?

Bigditchlion

It will be a good game! If they can get Earle #2 in foul trouble then I would say they have a shot. That #2 can take a game over!

Bildo

I don't like making predictions... there are a lot of tangibles involved. Carlisle has some good players also. Isn't there a girl or two that are moving up for Earle? That will impact the outcome for sure

Cheek1

Quote from: HoopKing on February 06, 2017, 08:43:43 am
Can Carlisle beat Earle in girls?
If u can keep ball out of Scott girls' hands, may have a chance, good luck with that, she can ball, scores in the paint with ease, have to try to keep someone in her face and screen her from the goal after every shot, excellent at put backs and attacks goal, can jump her height, doesn't like to be touched, only weakness she may have, DO NOT TRY to press them, run Zone, can't man the Scott girl, she's that good

Cheek

Quote from: Bildo on February 06, 2017, 11:42:20 am
I don't like making predictions... there are a lot of tangibles involved. Carlisle has some good players also. Isn't there a girl or two that are moving up for Earle? That will impact the outcome for sure

Anything can happen, and that why the games are played on the court. Carlisle has a good team, but I do not know if they can complete with Earle.   Earle was missing their starting center against England and still rebounded well.  There were two girls on the Jr. High team that can ball.  I do not know what grades they are in, but they can start on most of the  Sr. High Girls teams we play. Both can handle the ball well, but No. 22 can shoot lights out.    Earle would be tough without R. Scott, but with her, they are on a whole different level.  I would not be shocked if Earle wins the 2A girls four years in a row. 

Bildo

No doubt they are the team to beat. Earle is the favorite until proven otherwise.

patriot15

They are the favorite but anything can happen. There are a couple of teams that could win it. I know Quitman, Marmaduke and Carlisle are capable.

Dogg

Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2017, 01:55:56 pm
Anything can happen, and that why the games are played on the court. Carlisle has a good team, but I do not know if they can complete with Earle.   Earle was missing their starting center against England and still rebounded well.  There were two girls on the Jr. High team that can ball.  I do not know what grades they are in, but they can start on most of the  Sr. High Girls teams we play. Both can handle the ball well, but No. 22 can shoot lights out.    Earle would be tough without R. Scott, but with her, they are on a whole different level.  I would not be shocked if Earle wins the 2A girls four years in a row.
22 is a 9th grader she will move up and be a difference maker. The other on is an 8th grader.

Bildo

Should be a good Regional with Earle, Carlisle and Marmaduke

Cheek

Quote from: Bildo on February 07, 2017, 06:11:01 am
Should be a good Regional with Earle, Carlisle and Marmaduke

This will be a toughest Regional followed by the Quitman Regional.

jyd2205

The district tournament at Quitman in boys will be tough.

bighurt411

With the state tournamentinn in QUitman, are their girls the clear favorites in 2A?

Bildo

I don't think so... Earle is really good

bighurt411

I knew they had the Scott girl back but I wasn't sure how much else they lost.

MikelB

Quote from: bighurt411 on February 07, 2017, 11:06:40 pm
I knew they had the Scott girl back but I wasn't sure how much else they lost.

They are good but definitely beatable.

patriot15

They lost 3 starters from last years team

Pit Bull

Quote from: patriot15 on February 08, 2017, 11:17:40 pm
They lost 3 starters from last years team

Most teams lost a few starters from last years team. Reload  ;D

bighurt411

Yeah, we lost 4 starters at JC Westside. We are also on our third coach in as many years. They just keep plugging right along.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas