• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marvell

Started by CrispyLips, February 03, 2017, 10:01:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 06, 2017, 05:14:40 pm
you're right. I've seen the wrong team lose a few times. I'm just talking more to the generality of the sense. They're great October-February. March is like they just can't keep up. Why? It's teams who are much better over all. Who can do X'S and O's. No matter the athleticism.
Agreed!!

FaceInTheCrowd

I'd be willing to bet that 5x more teams win State Championships because thet have good coaching ANd athleticism.  Sometimes good coaching is getting the right athletes on thr court together and getting out of their way.

LHHC

Quote from: SackAttack on February 06, 2017, 04:51:37 pm
In my time Ive seen well coached teams stay home after the first round too. Not arguing banner because you make good points but there are two sides to it! Lots of well coached teams have zero titles!

I've seen good teams not even make the state tournament , even after they had bought new shoes for the state tournament. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 06, 2017, 04:16:53 pm
I doubt they're as athletic or as good as EPC. And we've beat them twice by 10.
As athletic, yes...as good, lack of discipline would be a factor.

MomaLion

I've also seen VERY good teams go home early because they underestimated an opponent...my team included.

Phend5289

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 06, 2017, 12:07:13 pm
no disrespect, but Marvell wasn't exactly keeping pine bluff in check the night they lost by 40. I am not taking anything away from Marvell. But I'm not about to let you sneak in a team that beat them 84-44. I think Marvell may be good, I watched Kirby play pine bluff and theirs no shame in losing to them. However let's keep it real and not say "they've been competing with good schools all season...... bigger ones at that". lol
Quote from: MomaLion on February 07, 2017, 03:28:24 am
I've also seen VERY good teams go home early because they underestimated an opponent...my team included.
Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2017, 08:56:20 pm
Now now...Quit making assumptions...
that game with pine bluff was a last minute invite, and all the players had went on Christmas vacation

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Phend5289 on February 09, 2017, 11:18:52 am
that game with pine bluff was a last minute invite, and all the players had went on Christmas vacation
that was it. Lol

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 09, 2017, 11:42:42 am
that was it. Lol
i wonder if they recruited new players if ALL their players were gone

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 09, 2017, 11:57:54 am
i wonder if they recruited new players if ALL their players were gone
exactly. Crazy to think they went last second to pine bluff 6A to play a game with out their team? Worst decision ever

MomaLion

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 09, 2017, 11:42:42 am
that was it. Lol
I can say that Marvell's team against Pine Bluff was half the size it was when we played in regular season.  However, the best players were there...also, that tournament kind of fell apart at the last minute.  Every team except Pine Bluff and Clarendon backed out, so Marvell did get a last minute invite.

MomaLion

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 09, 2017, 02:07:28 pm
exactly. Crazy to think they went last second to pine bluff 6A to play a game with out their team? Worst decision ever
It might have been a bad decision but it is the truth...I don't even like Marvell but I was there and can vouch for what happened.  Sounds like y'all need a wake up call and Marvell very well might be the ones to give it to you.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: MomaLion on February 10, 2017, 03:28:52 am
It might have been a bad decision but it is the truth...I don't even like Marvell but I was there and can vouch for what happened.  Sounds like y'all need a wake up call and Marvell very well might be the ones to give it to you.
so who are these mighty lions?

MomaLion

They are a solid team that even with a young team will make good run for state. Not that it matters to anyone in 1A. They've also played Marvell for years...don't say we didn't warn you.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2017, 09:21:21 am
They are a solid team that even with a young team will make good run for state. Not that it matters to anyone in 1A. They've also played Marvell for years...don't say we didn't warn you.
the question was who are they? Not your opinion on them

MomaLion

Oh I do wish I could watch Marvell mow through yalls district. They are Clarendon Lions...now you know...so worry about Marvell instead of Clarendon.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2017, 03:32:24 pm
Oh I do wish I could watch Marvell mow through yalls district. They are Clarendon Lions...now you know...so worry about Marvell instead of Clarendon.
oh we will see them the week after next. We ready! Hope it's good

thebigman3

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 07:00:12 pm
Totally man. Lol. All I know is no one is winning the state championship this year besides Kirby or Bay. Mark my words. Saw guy play last night. Way overrated.
Did you also see where Guy knocked out 2 out the top 5 1A teams back to back nights? But they're so overrated right?

StateChamps09

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 26, 2017, 02:04:20 am
Did you also see where Guy knocked out 2 out the top 5 1A teams back to back nights? But they're so overrated right?

+1

StateChamps09

Isnt guy the reason gf's season is over?

thebigman3

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 26, 2017, 09:45:31 am
Guy sucks
Daddy eagle mad bc neither of his teams are even in the State tournament. Guy played a bad game that night as well and still beat them by 21..

StateChamps09

StateChamps09

You're accountability is going to be on question after this post

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 02:44:36 pm
You're accountability is going to be on question after this post

He has accountability?

StateChamps09

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 26, 2017, 03:48:29 pm
He has accountability?

Touché. Finally figured out who you were last night. lol

HorseFeathers

February 26, 2017, 03:59:40 pm #74 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:01:52 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 03:58:19 pm
Touché. Finally figured out who you were last night. lol

Im curious as to where this one goes haha

StateChamps09

Well I don't know your real name, by I've seen you around a heck of a lot. Back when I was in school you congratulated me a few times on a job well done.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 04:02:35 pm
Well I don't know your real name, by I've seen you around a heck of a lot. Back when I was in school you congratulated me a few times on a job well done.

I think you are confused....Haha.... If you was on the title team in 09 I didn't watch y'all until region finals...That was the game that got me interested in 1a-Region 3 though...

StateChamps09

I've seen you around since then is what I meant. I talked to you after the regional finals... and then again at greets ferry after the Bradley game in the state tourney.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 26, 2017, 04:07:49 pm
I've seen you around since then is what I meant. I talked to you after the regional finals... and then again at greets ferry after the Bradley game in the state tourney.

...Not me bud...I didn't watch y'all beat Bradley that year.If guy is playing Saturday I'll holler at ya ..Just to show you ha.

StateChamps09

Well my apologies then. Haha figured that was you. Lol now you got me questioning who a lot of people are on here haha

StateChamps09

No what's awkward is you thinking guys played there best game this year against you..

elvis26

:D marvel will beat bay!!!!!!!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 26, 2017, 09:52:59 pm
even the moderator talking crap smh. Ead
Eagles all day

Being a moderator means I can't have an opinion?

BigLion10

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 27, 2017, 05:35:19 am
Being a moderator means I can't have an opinion?
No man u should know that lol

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 07:00:12 pm
Totally man. Lol. All I know is no one is winning the state championship this year besides Kirby or Bay. Mark my words. Saw guy play last night. Way overrated.
Saw Bay in the regionals, I can assure you based on the two you have sent to the finals it will be Kirby. The only problem, they will not be playing Bay, no way that team is making it.

Thechosen1

Quote from: jeremiahjohnson on February 27, 2017, 07:23:39 pm
Saw Bay in the regionals, I can assure you based on the two you have sent to the finals it will be Kirby. The only problem, they will not be playing Bay, no way that team is making it.
Bay will beat guy when they meet, but they won't because CL will knock guy out. Bay CL Kirby mineral springs is going to be the final four.

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 07:34:10 pm
Bay will beat guy when they meet, but they won't because CL will knock guy out. Bay CL Kirby mineral springs is going to be the final four.
I am sure you hope ICC does't make it after they dominated Bay on the boards. I am not an ICC fan, but that game was over pretty fast. They will be a force to be reckoned with if they bring that game.

Thechosen1

Quote from: jeremiahjohnson on February 27, 2017, 07:58:41 pm
I am sure you hope ICC does't make it after they dominated Bay on the boards. I am not an ICC fan, but that game was over pretty fast. They will be a force to be reckoned with if they bring that game.
Truth is they won't, and will be lucky to make I think out of the first round.

SackAttack

elvis26

;D bay wont be in the final four because they suck !!!!!!!!

thebigman3

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2017, 07:34:10 pm
Bay has a tough road ahead of them to the finals. My final 4 bet is Guy, Nevada, Shirely, and Mineral Springs. Not sure on Nevada though, The winner between Marvell and Bay could beat them out.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 28, 2017, 01:32:23 pm
Bay has a tough road ahead of them to the finals. My final 4 bet is Guy, Nevada, Shirely, and Mineral Springs. Not sure on Nevada though, The winner between Marvell and Bay could beat them out.
Kirby over Shirley with the refs calling how they have (3 and 23 have been reaching and hacking both of their early games, and haven't been getting away with it). Winner of Bay/Marvell beats Nevada. Bay would be better with a set up offense defense type team, the winner out of ICC/Mineral makes the final four as well, mineral has to decide if they want to crash the boards or not. They didn't last night and aloud sacred heart to stay with in range way to long in my opinion. Guy/County Line all comes down to the refs. If this is a game that's aloud to be physical. County line benefits tremendously from being able to shove inside. If they aren't aloud to do that like they are at home. Guy wins going away.

Bay vs Guy in the early game

Kirby vs ICC late game

Could easily be 4 different teams in

Marvell vs CL

Shirley vs Mineral.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2017, 07:57:23 pm
Kirby over Shirley with the refs calling how they have (3 and 23 have been reaching and hacking both of their early games, and haven't been getting away with it). Winner of Bay/Marvell beats Nevada. Bay would be better with a set up offense defense type team, the winner out of ICC/Mineral makes the final four as well, mineral has to decide if they want to crash the boards or not. They didn't last night and aloud sacred heart to stay with in range way to long in my opinion. Guy/County Line all comes down to the refs. If this is a game that's aloud to be physical. County line benefits tremendously from being able to shove inside. If they aren't aloud to do that like they are at home. Guy wins going away.

Bay vs Guy in the early game

Kirby vs ICC late game

Could easily be 4 different teams in

Marvell vs CL

Shirley vs Mineral.
bro #3 hasn't been called for a reach yet.. all either on taking charges and not getting them or blocking a shot and getting called for a foul..and the other ones were where him and the defender get tangled up in the lane if you actually knew

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 01, 2017, 11:00:41 am
bro #3 hasn't been called for a reach yet.. all either on taking charges and not getting them or blocking a shot and getting called for a foul..and the other ones were where him and the defender get tangled up in the lane if you actually knew
Bro, how many dumb fouls did he have where he *ATTEMPTED* to block a shot and got called for tha obvious body fouls or hack. I was talking more about 23 o. The dumb reaching fouls. However, Bro, you're so far up where the sun don't shine you're to belligerent to see the OBVIOUS bad fouls by both players. You're along way from home there, bro. They are calling fouls on ya boys this week lol

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2017, 04:03:04 pm
Bro, how many dumb fouls did he have where he *ATTEMPTED* to block a shot and got called for tha obvious body fouls or hack. I was talking more about 23 o. The dumb reaching fouls. However, Bro, you're so far up where the sun don't shine you're to belligerent to see the OBVIOUS bad fouls by both players. You're along way from home there, bro. They are calling fouls on ya boys this week lol
I'll take those fouls when they averaging 15+ a game from both of em

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 01, 2017, 04:06:26 pm
I'll take those fouls when they averaging 15+ a game from both of em
I see you at the games,  I see you points of view lol I see how you can take the 15 points from 2 players. Because the 6-7 minutes they're on the bench with those fouls against a team like ICC, they will run you out of the gym, Bro.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2017, 04:12:57 pm
I see you at the games,  I see you points of view lol I see how you can take the 15 points from 2 players. Because the 6-7 minutes they're on the bench with those fouls against a team like ICC, they will run you out of the gym, Bro.
last time I remember we played ICC on a neutral floor close to their house and ran them out of the gym..lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 01, 2017, 04:17:34 pm
last time I remember we played ICC on a neutral floor close to their house and ran them out of the gym..lol
Again. I'm talking about fouls. They can't foul like that their next two games or they'll lose one of them. That freshman from ICC is a stud in my opinion. Bet he's got a lot better over the year. Anyways. I'm taking Bay over Marvell in a close game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2017, 05:29:04 pm
Again. I'm talking about fouls. They can't foul like that their next two games or they'll lose one of them. That freshman from ICC is a stud in my opinion. Bet he's got a lot better over the year. Anyways. I'm taking Bay over Marvell in a close game.

Wouldn't have thought he was a freshman when I seen him

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 01, 2017, 05:30:28 pm
Wouldn't have thought he was a freshman when I seen him
I though he was a sr who may have been held back. Come to find out he's a freshman, recovering from a full year of no school on a double hip surgery. Didn't miss a beat playing only 4-5 mins in the first half. However I thought the refs bailed him out a possession or two that could have been called on him on the ground. They let it go and the call a shooting foul after. He was lucky. He played very well, just hurt himself early with fouls. How many did he have against bay?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas