• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville Open (filled - Billy Dawson)

Started by Brian G, January 04, 2017, 06:46:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Swilling

I'm sure he is bringing some Russvegas guys with him.

Katdaddy

I would bet Dawson does bring some Russellville coaches with him because you would think who Russellville hires will want to bring some of his coaches with him.

CaliKid

You would definitely think so. Bringing guys that were a part of helping turn Russellville around and understand his "process" would be beneficial.

Grizzlyfan

As has been stated before with coaching changes, it's not that easy to replace high school assistant coaches.  If those Fayetteville guys don't want to leave.  And why would they?

Iknewthemwhen

Fayetteville has a large staff and there may be a way to shuffle a few around between high school and junior high.  Never know when  someone wants to move on.  But, I agree unlikely there would be many openings. 

Katdaddy

Teachers and Coaches may be reassigned.. so there is ways for a new coach to bring who he wants.

CaliKid

Thats what I thought to Katdaddy but I wasnt really sure how it worked. I would think a job like this there would be some room for bringing loyal assistants.

Grizzlyfan

I'm sure the Fayetteville superintendent is chomping at the bit to pay for a bunch of extra assistant football coaches.  Administrators and school boards aren't as obsessed with football coaching staffs as some of us.

CaliKid

I would assume that an assistant at Fayetteville, which I would also assume are pretty dang good coaches, if "re-assigned" would pursue employment elsewhere as opposed to going to JH. Thus creating a vacancy for the new spot(s).

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: CaliKid on February 07, 2017, 10:25:18 am
I would assume that an assistant at Fayetteville, which I would also assume are pretty dang good coaches, if "re-assigned" would pursue employment elsewhere as opposed to going to JH. Thus creating a vacancy for the new spot(s).
Which begs the question.  do you really want to move people from probably the best staff in the state to get assistants from  Russellville?  No offense to Russellville.

CaliKid

If you feel that the Assistant that helped you win a State Championship is as good, YES. Because he brings the added benefit of knowing your system, how you operate, personality, as well as built up trust.

STUNNA

what is the coaching salary at fayetteville?

Brian G

February 08, 2017, 09:10:56 pm #212 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:12:23 pm by B.G.
Lots of speculation on changes.

Law of averages would imply at least 2 would leave.

There are several former HC's on staff as assistants.  Many like that role and came just for that purpose.

GotInfo?

Have heard he gets to hire 2-3 at the High School. Not sure about JR High. He can reassign as he sees fit.

Iknewthemwhen

Hows things going since the new hire ?

johnhickey33

@GrizzlyFan Russellville's defensive coordinator Dave Wheeler was probably the best coach not in a head position in the entire state and he's bringing him to Fay...

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas