• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Government interested in replacing AAA

Started by bigchief72455, January 04, 2017, 09:44:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

That would not be good.  There is enough problems with just having AD's a part of the decision that really don't pay attention.  Would be horrible for appointed people with no understanding of anything ruling.

Nomad1324

The new tag line:

If you liked the ADs, you'll love the politicians!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bigchief72455 on January 04, 2017, 09:44:04 am
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/state-takeover-sought-of-ar-activities-assn/635502141

This looks like a bad idea after reading.
That's a fantastic idea. Everything the government runs is very efficient and profitable. Making Arkansas high school sports great again. We could build a wall around the state and repeal all high school recruiting rules.

SUGARTOWN

Jimbo Morphis

whippersnapper

What doesn't make sense is the opening the curtain quote from Hutchinson. To me it sounds like he is saying the triple A hasn't been honest about why teams have had to forefit victories/championships. Which isn't true, NLR recruited KJ Hill they forefit victories and championships simple as that. Didn't morrilton self report themselves back in September for an ineligible player too?
From what i have seen on fearless through the years the complaints with triple A usually have to deal with conference alignments or prices of games. Not whether or not a team forefitting victories was justifiable.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on January 04, 2017, 01:08:56 pm
That's a fantastic idea. Everything the government runs is very efficient and profitable. Making Arkansas high school sports great again. We could build a wall around the state and repeal all high school recruiting rules.

LMBO

HorseFeathers

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 04, 2017, 02:51:19 pm
What doesn't make sense is the opening the curtain quote from Hutchinson. To me it sounds like he is saying the triple A hasn't been honest about why teams have had to forefit victories/championships. Which isn't true, NLR recruited KJ Hill they forefit victories and championships simple as that. Didn't morrilton self report themselves back in September for an ineligible player too?
From what i have seen on fearless through the years the complaints with triple A usually have to deal with conference alignments or prices of games. Not whether or not a team forefitting victories was justifiable.

This.....

The AAA gives reasons for almost everything they do....Some of their reasons leave you scratching your head...Or wishing for a little bit of consistency(worried about travel for basketball etc...But thinks up the 3a-1 for football)...

XFalkonz

The AAA is a extremely flawed, basically useless group of good ole boys that cater to certain groups and is ineffective at meeting the basic needs of high school athletics...but it is still better than having the state government involved in high school extra curricular activities

HorseFeathers

Quote from: XFalkonz on January 04, 2017, 06:32:23 pm
The AAA is a extremely flawed, basically useless group of good ole boys that cater to certain groups and is ineffective at meeting the basic needs of high school athletics...but it is still better than having the state government involved in high school extra curricular activities

If your from fouke like I think you are.....Then I completely understand your complaint. You guys got screwed on that conference appeal...

XFalkonz

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 04, 2017, 08:19:25 pm
If your from fouke like I think you are.....Then I completely understand your complaint. You guys got screwed on that conference appeal...
Not fouke...I am from Genoa ...same difference basically...we are ten miles apart and both got screwed on the conference appeal...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 04, 2017, 08:19:25 pm
Don't insult the man, he is a nice guy.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on January 05, 2017, 08:49:58 am
Don't insult the man, he is a nice guy.

Wasn't intentional, I knew he was from either Genoa or fouke, and I guessed wrong

Chief_Osceola™

Government controlling anything - BAD
More transparency and consistency - GOOD

Likely, neither will happen.

XFalkonz

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2017, 10:18:10 am
Wasn't intentional, I knew he was from either Genoa or fouke, and I guessed wrong
No big deal...most people can't tell the difference between the two places anyway

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2017, 10:18:10 am
I was joking.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas