• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corning Head Coach

Started by goldoline, December 15, 2016, 09:00:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goldoline

This position is posted on the State Education webpage.  Where has their Coach gone.  They had a very good year. 

Made

Big Country

maybe he was being sarcastic.... :-X

OB11

December 15, 2016, 09:44:13 am #3 Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:46:30 am by OB11
Or he's not sure who Corning is?

In all seriousness though, I think they are going to have trouble finding a good coach.  Geographically they are in a tough spot (not much close to there).  On the job posting it says they would prefer a candidate that is certified in a core area.  There are plenty of great coaches that teach in a core area but oftentimes the head coach does P.E. or some other non-core class.  Going to be tough finding someone to turn their program around. 

Made

I was wondering if he was thinking about piggott

OB11

Quote from: Made on December 15, 2016, 09:46:40 am
I was wondering if he was thinking about piggott

Probably a good guess. 

2aball

Going to be tough to find a coach that is teaching in a core area that is good enough to turn that program around and has the desire to turn that program around. They've lost like 30 straight games.

Iknewthemwhen

Coaches that have to teach full schedules and are expected to turn around a loosing program are starting at a deficit. .

Razorbacks48

any news update on this? names that have applied?

Big Country

not a lot being said about this job but there are a few quality names I have heard applied for the position ........hope the school gets it right, Corning was a good program years back

Iknewthemwhen

Are you going to share?   

Razorbacks48

who are the names that have applied? when is the school going to make a decision?

Made

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 09, 2017, 08:16:18 am
who are the names that have applied? when is the school going to make a decision?
Not sure if they have started interviews yet. Have heard they had several apply most being first or second year coaches

Razorbacks48

Thanks Made, do you know any of the names that have applied? I havent

Made

I have two names but not putting them on here.

Razorbacks48

how many kids does corning have out for football in recent years?

Made

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 10, 2017, 09:12:18 am
how many kids does corning have out for football in recent years?
according to their Hudl page. They had roughly 24 sophomores and Juniors, and 10 Freshman

Razorbacks48

so whoever the new coach is will have some kids to work with? what kind of talent do these kids have?

Big Country

talent is ok .....not much size

Qhcaoc

talent is ok? they have only had 2 winning seasons in 10 years and are on a 22 game losing streak I dont think that is just coaching they are in what has been the last couple of years a tough conference but some of the stronger programs Hoxie and Osceola have been down a little

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Big Country on January 10, 2017, 11:54:00 am
talent is ok .....not much size

Heck, size ain't important if you want it bad enough.  A 150 lb OL can always win over a 250 lb DL if he just wants it.  That and the other guy is terrible and doesn't give a dang.

Big Country

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 03:39:58 pm
Heck, size ain't important if you want it bad enough.  A 150 lb OL can always win over a 250 lb DL if he just wants it.  That and the other guy is terrible and doesn't give a dang.
hahahahahaha

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 03:39:58 pm

Funny stuff.

Razorbacks48

whats the time table to this?

Big Country

RunAndGun431

Heard a rumor that Mark King of foreman was thought about for this job but there's no way he's leaving Foreman to come to Corning even if it's a jump from 2A to 3A. He went 8-4 last year and got 3rd in the league...jmo

Iknewthemwhen

Never say never. A new challenge, $$$, better working situation.  You never know what is out there. 

Missco

I can't think of too many jobs worse than this one in AAA.

Razorbacks48

Idk man, foreman is way better than Corning. And from what I'm hearing of Corning it's not probably going to be getting any better any time soon. If I were him I'd be staying in Foreman...anyone know the money difference?

WorkOrder

King is making 62,949.00 at Foreman.

Stout was making 60,197.16 at Corning.

Don't know the years of experience difference between these two coaches though.

Rida4Life

I hear that Kings situation at Foreman is too good for him to leave as well as a lot of young talent. 

bigchief72455

Whoever takes the job is going to have to understand that they are not going to walk into a favorable situation at first. They may have a talented group but it takes some time for a coach to change the dogma of the program. And they are in a tough conference. I would try and find some easy non conference team they could at least get their confidence built up some. 22 game losing streaks are really damaging to players mental game.

Razorbacks48

i agree bigchief...especially with 16-18 year olds...how good is the conference supposed to be next year?

Big Country

Interesting game of wait and see what happens

Razorbacks48

what kind of record/resume does mark king have? i have no idea who he is but just thinking there are some pretty good openings in higher classifications and a few good openings in 2a so trying to wonder where people get he wants this job??

Jimbo Morphis

where is coach stout going?

Razorbacks48

Big Country

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 12, 2017, 09:55:51 am
what kind of record/resume does mark king have? i have no idea who he is but just thinking there are some pretty good openings in higher classifications and a few good openings in 2a so trying to wonder where people get he wants this job??
He was raised in Corning and has family ties to the area

Made

January 12, 2017, 10:22:50 am #38 Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:28:27 am by Made
Quote from: Big Country on January 12, 2017, 10:17:43 am
He was raised in Corning and has family ties to the area
better question is always, where does the wife lady, if there is one, have family ties. ;)

Rida4Life

Quote from: Made on January 12, 2017, 10:22:50 am
better question is always, where does the wife lady, if there is one, have family ties. ;)

the wife has roots in the SW Ark area where they are now from what I understand.  Thus the reason he left Parkers Chapel to go to Horatio.

Made

If momma ain't happy ain't no body happy

footballfan-tastic

Maybe you ought to offer a duck hunting lease as part of the deal, that would get some notice.

Made

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on January 12, 2017, 02:57:32 pm
Maybe you ought to offer a duck hunting lease as part of the deal, that would get some notice.
I was told that and a family stand were all part of the deal.....did I head wrong?

Razorbacks48

any confirmation of King applying or wanting it?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 12, 2017, 09:05:49 am
i agree bigchief...especially with 16-18 year olds...how good is the conference supposed to be next year?
Piggott loses 4 seniors, Rivercrest I believe loses 5, Newport loses around 4. Those three teams are going to be really good next year.

Made

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on January 13, 2017, 01:30:05 pm
Piggott loses 4 seniors, Rivercrest I believe loses 5, Newport loses around 4. Those three teams are going to be really good next year.
If osceola does what they are capable of then those 4 teams should be rough. after that, 4 team race for 5th on a yearly basis.

Coltfan2005

Osceola will have another down year.

OB11

It's crazy how hard and fast Hoxie fell off.  I think everyone saw it coming...but you hate to see a team go from where there were the last few years to what they were this past year.  Not sure it gets much better for them any time soon either.

Razorbacks48

Arkansasprofit

I heard King applies this Friday.  I had read in the Corning paper that he grew up in Corning, and has family ties to Corning.  He's turned around 2 different programs.  I don't know if Corning would want to hire him, and can they afford to pay him? I think it said in the paper he has about 20 years coaching experience.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas