• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

well where are the Hampton blowout people at

Started by brown2010, December 10, 2016, 02:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brown2010

gonna win by 40 Hampton by as many as they want well I see the crying towels out now. don't give them lions a chance. long ride home

JoshuaRug13

I already made them a good meal when they get home!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bdubyab60

Old Scrapper

JoshuaRug13

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: brown2010 on December 10, 2016, 02:47:44 pm
gonna win by 40 Hampton by as many as they want well I see the crying towels out now. don't give them lions a chance. long ride home

Read on Twitter that Hampton had 7 touchdowns negated by holding or offsides calls, is that true?  That WOULD have been a blowout.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on December 10, 2016, 02:56:26 pm
Read on Twitter that Hampton had 7 touchdowns negated by holding or offsides calls, is that true?  That WOULD have been a blowout.
Not true, the TD's called back because of penalties Hampton scored on the next play or two anyway, Coaching and discipline cost Hampton this game. Coach Ables not calling plays to let Monta Thomas take over is the main thing that cost Hampton. Give MI coaches credit they adjusted at half and stopped Hampton.

mr.gametime

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on December 10, 2016, 02:56:26 pm

The difference in the game...was mt.ida forced 2 fumbles. Inside the redzone when Hampton was about to score...defense wins championships

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The difference was someone called a pass play on the 2 point conversion, instead of letting monta take over.

JoshuaRug13

The Hampton blowout people are busy flipping off the cameras...

mr.gametime

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 10, 2016, 03:14:07 pm
The difference was someone called a pass play on the 2 point conversion, instead of letting monta take over.

The funny thing is....when they interviewed the M.V.P at the end of the game...he said that they was set up to stop that play because they thought thats what they where going to do on that 2 point conversation...running monta to the outside

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 10, 2016, 03:19:11 pm
The funny thing is....when they interviewed the M.V.P at the end of the game...he said that they was set up to stop that play because they thought thats what they where going to do on that 2 point conversation...running monta to the outside

I would take my chances with monta breaking a tackle over throwing up a prayer pass, which is what all of them thrown today were.

STUNNA

boys should have transferred to Warren and got them a ring and some great coaching...

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 03:22:25 pm
boys should have transferred to Warren and got them a ring and some great coaching...

And build some class and character instead of flipping the bird to the camera!  COUGH #4 FOR HAMPTON! 

AirWarren

Ventman

bearbacker52

Quote from: brown2010 on December 10, 2016, 02:47:44 pm
DONT GLOAT,,TRUMP DID SAME THING TO HITLERY.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2016, 03:25:11 pm
You got plenty of that last night didn't you?

*Munches*

DELICIOUS!  I felt like it need more SALT but it didn't really have that much in it...:D

STUNNA

Flawless getting fitted for his nephews ring still?

AirWarren

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2016, 03:35:31 pm
He won't be back. Ever.

Hey, give me some props.  I came back and ate that crow.  I went headfirst in that crow, and got some good ole crow eating in.  I said I would, and I did. 

BTW, were you in the press box at the Warren game?

Monsta

All that trash talking after they beat England about how they are going to win state congrats y'all have officially made a fool of your selfs and choked when it means the most

Backwoods Bart

December 10, 2016, 04:38:15 pm #23 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:01:31 pm by Backwoods Bart
I know it's an after thought, but, I think the Hampton finger pointing should go to the 7-10 players that walked out on their team last year causing Hampton to scuttle the season and not get the critical development time that would have put them over the top. THEY HAD ENOUGH PLAYERS TO FIELD A TEAM last year,  had they showed up. One of the last year's players father was still not happy about this happening, yesterday when I visited with him

flawlessthoughts

That's what happens when politics & the inability to coach get exposed.

Monsta

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on December 10, 2016, 04:56:26 pm
That's what happens when politics & the inability to coach get exposed.

Politics?

Inability to coach gets exposed? I told yall early in the year, ables would cost the team a win, granted i didnt know it would be the biggest game of the year, BUT I TOLD YA IT WOULD HAPPEN.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 10, 2016, 05:03:11 pm
Politics?

Inability to coach gets exposed? I told yall early in the year, ables would cost the team a win, granted i didnt know it would be the biggest game of the year, BUT I TOLD YA IT WOULD HAPPEN.
You sure did & he did it..

JoshuaRug13

HGfaninTN

I would think many, if not most, Hampton fans were at the game.  Doubtful if shortly after the game they were thinking about posting on Lanny's messageboard.  Since Hampton is around 100 miles from LR and the game was early afternoon, then many probably were going out to eat, do Christmas shopping, visit with family and friends who have moved from south AR, etc.  They had an unbelievable season.  Amazing to not have had a team last year; to lose an assistant coach on the practice field and to overcome. 

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: HGfaninTN on December 10, 2016, 06:09:51 pm
I would think many, if not most, Hampton fans were at the game.  Doubtful if shortly after the game they were thinking about posting on Lanny's messageboard.  Since Hampton is around 100 miles from LR and the game was early afternoon, then many probably were going out to eat, do Christmas shopping, visit with family and friends who have moved from south AR, etc.  They had an unbelievable season.  Amazing to not have had a team last year; to lose an assistant coach on the practice field and to overcome.

PR fans played a night game last night.  Lost 54-37.  Not one left for the trophy presentation. 

Sorry, but incredibly classless for most of the fans to file out early...you stay there and clap and cheer for the both teams for making it.  You don't leave it because you are not happy with losing in a game you were favored to win by multiple touchdowns...

Oldbadger

I do not believe that Mt. Ida would have stopped Thomas if he had tried for the two point conversion by running wide.  As Lou Holtz always said, "three things happen when you pass, and two are not good".  I don't like to second guess a coach because he knows his team better than anyone, but, I had decided in my mind that they were going to "go with what brung em", but, they didn't. 

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 10, 2016, 03:03:36 pm
Not true, the TD's called back because of penalties Hampton scored on the next play or two anyway, Coaching and discipline cost Hampton this game. Coach Ables not calling plays to let Monta Thomas take over is the main thing that cost Hampton. Give MI coaches credit they adjusted at half and stopped Hampton.

Um, if Hampton had scored on the next play or two following all the ones that were called back, wouldn't it still have been a blowout?

dawgpound

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 10, 2016, 03:03:36 pm
no we scored on 3 of them the others we didn't fumbled on the 1 twice after called back tds and ida took care of business can't blame anyone but our selves on this one it was the worst game we played all year

tacklethis...

Quote from: dawgpound on December 10, 2016, 08:42:43 pm
no we scored on 3 of them the others we didn't fumbled on the 1 twice after called back tds and ida took care of business can't blame anyone but our selves on this one it was the worst game we played all year

The boys lost focus because the fans/posters kept saying they couldn't be beat.

Old Scrapper

Blowing out England the previous was the worst thing that could've happen for Hamptons mindset entering this game.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 10, 2016, 08:50:00 pm
Blowing out England the previous was the worst thing that could've happen for Hamptons mindset entering this game.

I agree

KASH dba The Lumberjack

December 10, 2016, 09:27:47 pm #37 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:01:32 pm by KASH dba The Lumberjack
Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 03:22:25 pm
Wasn't that the reason the boys went to Hampton is because they didn't want to be coached the Warren way via Coach Ellis?

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 10, 2016, 09:27:47 pm
Wasn't they reason the boys went to Hampton is because they didn't want to be coached the Warren way via Coach Ellis?

There is a lot of layers to the whole situation. From Warren'a point of view, to Hermitage's, then to Hampton's.

Regardless of why the young man didn't end up in Warren is really irrelevant now. Warren proved that with or without transfers, we were dead set on a title. And that's what happened.

There is evident sour grapes about them going to Hampton especially within the conference, 8-2A and 2A. But things happen for a reason. Hampton got to experience something that teams across the state only dream of. Something to be proud of. Hopefully the team and community can build off of it and Monte Thomas can move forward and have a good career in college.

STUNNA

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 10, 2016, 09:27:47 pm
Wasn't they reason the boys went to Hampton is because they didn't want to be coached the Warren way via Coach Ellis?

I'd imagine some of it had to with competition in Warren and not being the big dog during every play

Air Force One

Poetic Justice, They are cheering from the roof tops in Hermitage.

AirWarren

Quote from: Air Force One on December 10, 2016, 10:08:25 pm
Poetic Justice, They are cheering from the roof tops in Hermitage.

Why?

They can't field a team. Hampton played in a state title game.

I guess misery loves company.

I don't understand this mentality of people wanting other people to fail.

Cheek

The big question is will Thomas and Childs return to Hermitage since football is over. I am sure Thomas's mother wants to return to her trailer in Hermitage. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Cheek on December 10, 2016, 10:11:54 pm
The big question is will Thomas and Childs return to Hermitage since football is over. I am sure Thomas's mother wants to return to her trailer in Hermitage. 

I imagine they will stay and play the basketball season possibly the baseball season too.

Cheek

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 09:41:58 pm
I'd imagine some of it had to with competition in Warren and not being the big dog during every play

Warren would not accept them since Coach Ellis is from Warren and use to Coach with Hembree.

AirWarren

Quote from: Cheek on December 10, 2016, 10:14:27 pm
Warren would not accept them since Coach Ellis is from Warren and use to Coach with Hembree.

If that is the case, Kudos to coach Hembree and the Warren program.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2016, 10:15:33 pm
If that is the case, Kudos to coach Hembree and the Warren program.
Definitely and it would not surprise me.

JC Guy

fresh_prince

Quote from: Cheek on December 10, 2016, 10:11:54 pm

Degrading kids again I see

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 09:41:58 pm
All would've started in Warren & Monta would've been the "Big Dog". Much better athlete than anyone on the team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas