• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATED TOP TEN

Started by BigMan15, December 07, 2016, 11:23:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Updated Top Ten

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. McGehee
4. Osceola
5. Lamar
6. Riverview
7. Junction
8. Jesseville
9. Paris
10. Perryville

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 04, 2017, 10:48:37 am
Updated Top Ten

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. McGehee
4. Osceola
5. Lamar
6. Riverview
7. Junction
8. Jesseville
9. Paris
10. Perryville

I like Manila and Corning as well.

Ctucker

I'm pretty sure Riverview is 4a.

Radiotalker

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 04, 2017, 10:48:37 am
Updated Top Ten

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. McGehee
4. Osceola
5. Lamar
6. Riverview
7. Junction
8. Jesseville
9. Paris
10. Perryville

The team being overlooked is Riverside

Ctucker

That must be who they mean at 6 instead of Riverview.

Head Lion

Look at Corning's schedule, they no longer play the BEAST of the 3A3. Their RPI on their schedule would be in the trillions. The East of 3A3 will sweep that district and win at least 3 of the 4 spots in Region 3.

RedWolf275

Lion, I agree with you. Corning will not get out of district.

teachers pet

3A-4
4 of the updated tip 10
Lamar,Jessieville,Perryville and Paris. How many out of each conference tournament go to region?

The Dynasty

Quote from: teachers pet on January 04, 2017, 03:08:03 pm
3A-4
4 of the updated tip 10
Lamar,Jessieville,Perryville and Paris. How many out of each conference tournament go to region?

4 I believe. There is a good chance that Charleston is the only team that will make state out of our conference.

RTF

Charleston will more than likely play the 4seed out of Lamar, Jessieville, Perryville, Paris in the regional to get to state. Not going to be easy.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on January 04, 2017, 12:36:08 pm
Look at Corning's schedule, they no longer play the BEAST of the 3A3. Their RPI on their schedule would be in the trillions. The East of 3A3 will sweep that district and win at least 3 of the 4 spots in Region 3.

Corning def by 25 last night @ Cave City......only scored 26 pts

BoxNOne

If I remember correctly, Marked Tree crushed Corning by 30+ in the Jennings tournament.

thabeast428

January 06, 2017, 08:45:08 am #112 Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:56:56 am by thabeast428
😟

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 04, 2017, 12:36:08 pm
+1

neds

Democrat Gazette 1.15.17 (Boys)

McGehee 15 - 1
Lamar 15 - 2
Marianna 10 - 3
Riverside 21 - 6
Charleston 10 - 6
Costa River 13 - 4

BoxNOne

Osceola got to be in there somewhere. Sounds like ECS should be too.

BigMan15

1. ECS
2. McGhee
3.  Lamar
4. Charleston
5. Riverside
6. Osceola
7. Paris
8. Junction City
9. Jesseville
10. Manila

frederick lee

Maxprep rankings
1. Lamar
2. McGehee
3. Paris
4. Episcopal
5. Harding
6. Riverside
7. Lee (Marianna)
8. Osceola
9. Glen Rose
10. Perryville 

BigMan15

Freddie lets hear your rankings

Head Lion

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 15, 2017, 10:53:37 am
1. ECS
2. McGhee
3.  Lamar
4. Charleston
5. Riverside
6. Osceola
7. Paris
8. Junction City
9. Jesseville
10. Manila
Good one Big Man, WIDE OPEN this year. I think I could make a case for all 10 of those to play in title game.

870baller15

And people said we couldn't make it in the 3A because it was "harder" than 2A ball 😎

Radiotalker

Quote from: 870baller15 on January 15, 2017, 01:05:40 pm
And people said we couldn't make it in the 3A because it was "harder" than 2A ball 😎

Which people? Cedar Ridge moved up and did ok.

Head Lion

Lets give it 4-5 years & see if it happens consistently.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on January 15, 2017, 02:19:02 pm
Lets give it 4-5 years & see if it happens consistently.

Wow...I agree with Haed Lion.

neaguru

This is riversides last year to relevant in basketball unless a miracle happens. From 7th-11th grade riverside isn't very good.

870baller15

I agree, I'm unsure how we will fair in the 4-5 years but I was just pointing out that everyone makes it seem like it's a major jump.

870baller15

Yeah it will probably be baseball for us here on out lol

CoolBreeze

Quote from: frederick lee on January 15, 2017, 11:14:06 am
Maxprep rankings
1. Lamar
2. McGehee
3. Paris
4. Episcopal
5. Harding
6. Riverside
7. Lee (Marianna)
8. Osceola
9. Glen Rose
10. Perryville
Before Friday, I would have said HA might belong in the top 10, but they threw away a game to Tuckerman. Led by at 14 in the 3rd qtr and by 11 after 3. Stalled ineffectively the entire 4th quarter. Threw away the ball several times and let Tuckerman get easy baskets in transition.

When you have a team on the ropes like that and let them off, its always trouble. Tuckerman got red hot. Hit a 3 with 1.9 seconds to go to tie. Then ran away with it in OT and won by 8.

Head Lion

Quote from: 870baller15 on January 15, 2017, 02:50:04 pm
Yeah it will probably be baseball for us here on out lol
Not taking anything away from the Rebels, they are rolling. I think we would agree Stone is a 1 in every 10 year player. I am just saying the jump is still pretty, but a player like him can ease the transition. The jump may seem for real next year. It is a joy to watch a kid like play tho & the cast around him are not slouches.

BoxNOne

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 15, 2017, 02:51:06 pm
Before Friday, I would have said HA might belong in the top 10, but they threw away a game to Tuckerman. Led by at 14 in the 3rd qtr and by 11 after 3. Stalled ineffectively the entire 4th quarter. Threw away the ball several times and let Tuckerman get easy baskets in transition.

When you have a team on the ropes like that and let them off, its always trouble. Tuckerman got red hot. Hit a 3 with 1.9 seconds to go to tie. Then ran away with it in OT and won by 8.

Yep, those 8 minute stalls just give the inferior teams a shot to come back. Unfortunately, I have seen it before and it hasn't been very long ago!

BoxNOne

Quote from: neaguru on January 15, 2017, 02:49:02 pm
This is riversides last year to relevant in basketball unless a miracle happens. From 7th-11th grade riverside isn't very good.

This is true. However, our enrollment is increasing at a good rate so a couple of good transfers are always possible!

Head Lion

Don't hurt anything Box.👌🏿

Greyhound24

I can't believe an inferior team that is 16-7 and 6-3 in a 3a/4a blended conference could come back and win a game  :)

frederick lee

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 15, 2017, 11:23:10 am
Freddie lets hear your rankings
Here's my take on it..
Ranking doesn't win championship. Any team can get beat in this conference..

1. Lamar has the best players by far. Still hasn't play one game as a team yet.

2. Charleston has one of the best shooters in the state. The best shooter in 3a. He doesnt have an good enough supporting case to get it done.

3. Paris guard play isn't strong enough to get them over the hump..

4. Perryville has by far the best Coach I think just doesn't have enough talent and like size.

5.ECS is going to be the team to beat. Fast guards Playing well as a team.

General Lee

Quote from: frederick lee on January 15, 2017, 06:17:31 pm
Here's my take on it..
Ranking doesn't win championship. Any team can get beat in this conference..

1. Lamar has the best players by far. Still hasn't play one game as a team yet.

2. Charleston has one of the best shooters in the state. The best shooter in 3a. He doesnt have an good enough supporting case to get it done.

3. Paris guard play isn't strong enough to get them over the hump..

4. Perryville has by far the best Coach I think just doesn't have enough talent and like size.

5.ECS is going to be the team to beat. Fast guards Playing well as a team.

I'd put Gavin Stone up against whoever the shooter is from Charleston...any day!

General Lee

Not sure what happened there but it showed up in his quote.

I was saying I would take Gavin Stone against the good shooter from Charleston and no I haven't ever even seen him.

Longfellow

No. Fenner is arguably the best shooter in the entire state. I've seen the kid play a ton and he's played for my AAU team. He's the real deal. The Stone kid may be good, but he don't shoot near as good as Brandon

frederick lee

Quote from: General Lee on January 15, 2017, 08:49:40 pm
Not sure what happened there but it showed up in his quote.

I was saying I would take Gavin Stone against the good shooter from Charleston and no I haven't ever even seen him.
I haven't seen Gavin play but if he's anywhere close to fenner he got to be pretty good..

The Dynasty

Quote from: frederick lee on January 15, 2017, 09:08:55 pm
I haven't seen Gavin play but if he's anywhere close to fenner he got to be pretty good..

If you think Fenner is all Charleston has you're in for a treat.

frederick lee

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 15, 2017, 09:11:26 pm
If you think Fenner is all Charleston has you're in for a treat.
Fenner is all y'all have. And your coach doesn't even know how to use him...

General Lee

We could argue this forever I guess. Prolly won't get anywhere doing it either.  All I know is that I would bust open my piggy bank and put it on Stone blindly. Let's try to compare though:
How many 40+ games does Fenner have this year?

The Dynasty

Quote from: frederick lee on January 15, 2017, 09:16:00 pm
Fenner is all y'all have. And your coach doesn't even know how to use him...

That Lamar water is doing a number on your brain cells.

frederick lee

Quote from: General Lee on January 15, 2017, 09:16:16 pm
We could argue this forever I guess. Prolly won't get anywhere doing it either.  All I know is that I would bust open my piggy bank and put it on Stone blindly. Let's try to compare though:
How many 40+ games does Fenner have this year?
Your have to talk to Charleston people on that.. I'm Lamar

General Lee

It's open for discussion. I was replying to Longfellow though.

NeaBaller21

General Lee

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on January 15, 2017, 09:57:24 pm
I'd say Stone has 8-10

He don't have that many. I think it's 5ish now.
Anyone know how many the Fenner kid has? How about an average? Anything?  Longfellow you sounded VERY confident. Stats please. It's the only thing we have to compare unless you can line up a 3 point contest between them.

870baller15

I may be biased since I've played with him before but I'll take Stone any day. Anyone that was at the Manila game Friday night will know why.

Longfellow

I don't keep his stats. I'm not from Charleston. Ask Bigman

General Lee

Well I don't keep Stone's stats either but I read the paper and they put them in there. Just figured you kept up with him a little if he was one of your players. I sure thought you know if he's had any big nights, like 40 plus.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: General Lee on January 15, 2017, 10:12:38 pm
Well I don't keep Stone's stats either but I read the paper and they put them in there. Just figured you kept up with him a little if he was one of your players. I sure thought you know if he's had any big nights, like 40 plus.
Big man is the father.  he will be responding anytime I'm sure

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas