• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did you know. RCrest ,Charleston, HAcademy

Started by ISU7, December 05, 2016, 03:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

papaeagle

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 09, 2016, 12:42:19 pm
I know a little about this.

Joe was a fine athlete. He was a friend of my brother and he visited our home often. Our family never looked at Joe's color but looked at him as the fine kid he was.

Joe practiced from the first day practice started until the end of the season, but only played in one game a year—F.S. St. Annes. The other schools we played notified our administration if Joe played they would not play the game.

Joe was also a member of the band. When the band made trips to marching contest and etc, the other band members would go into the eating establishments and bring his food to the bus because he was not allowed inside.

We often refer to the "good ole days" and to an extent they were, but that injustice is an embarrassment that was etched into our history during that period of time.

Thank goodness those practices are gone forever.
1+ informational post. Thanks for the insight.
PE

papaeagle

Quote from: freethrow on December 09, 2016, 03:09:53 pm
Charleston 1954 and Fayetteville 1954
Hoxie 1955

http://news.uark.edu/articles/9136/before-little-rock-successful-arkansas-school-integration
Article does not say if full integration of K-12th grade or just high school. And if Fay and Charleston are both listed as 1954, then one assumes that was the school year of 1954-55 and both started at same time, unless one waited until the second semester but that would have been 1955. No way to tell who was "first" unless the actual start date of the 1954 school year is known for Fay and Charleston.. Great information that I did not know.  And, as a side note,  I was in the crowd that day at LR Central, when 5-6 of us played hooky from our school and drove to Little Rock... Thanks for info on "Joe" by the FF posters.

freethrow

December 10, 2016, 10:30:17 am #52 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:33:01 am by freethrow
Charleston Aug 23, 1954
Fayetteville Sept 10, 1954

Radiotalker

Quote from: Truthfully on December 08, 2016, 05:16:11 pm
  Sorry not able to comment much on FF.. But, just had to say that Fred Bird's post says it all. Charleston has too much tradition, talent and coaching as evidenced by the playoff record and Championships in 3A. They represent 4-3A so well.  Charleston wins this Saturday by 10 points minimum.
Truthfully

Home field throughout every year in the playoffs helps.

fbhound

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 10, 2016, 11:43:33 am
Home field throughout every year in the playoffs helps.
But not tonight! I do the get slant on your comment and it DOES help to have a home crowd til the WMS game. Think Prescott crowd will be loud tonight. Wish it was on TV like the Pea Ridge game yesterday.

WPWells

I guess it also helps when War Memorial feels like home since we're there almost every year

Alumni Field South

STUNNA

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 06:24:07 am
But what have you done for us lately? Wasn't that last state championship 10 years before charlestons first title game appearance ?

At this point tradition doesn't win games....on field experience, preparation, execution and coaching do....but tradition from grandpa isn't stepping out on that field...if it did Barton would still be a powerhouse...bauxite would still be winning games....etc etc..

Just my two cents though....
tradition has won every state title this year besides one...lol

snoopy22

Drop it down to 2009 and add Prescott to that list.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 07, 2016, 02:39:11 pm
I believe the point of the original post was the at least one of the teams mentioned participated in every 3A championship game during the stated period. No attempt was made to identify all the teams who played in championships since 2010. The original statement will remain true after 2016, since Chucktown will be there.
Exactly.  Thanks for understanding. Lol

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 08, 2016, 05:06:19 pm
Was this post really too hard for some of you to understand?
Lol right. It was only a DYK comment. 😄😷😎

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas