• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reflections on the year

Started by PA Dad, December 03, 2016, 10:00:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I can't believe the season is over.  It passed way too fast.

We won't be posting much until August.  I thought it would be nice to have a thread in which we can post thoughts about the season.

The south was weak, but the WH story is great.  And WC made a good run in the playoffs.

I'm surprised the West had no team in the semifinals.

The East was strongest conference, but the Central is real close to them.

I enjoyed the Alma posters this year.  I just wish Steve Perry would learn to say what he really thinks.

This board is fun, and I think it's the best board on FF.  We stick to football more than most other boards.

Please post your thoughts on the season, regardless of how random they are.

Deuceswild

Exceptional talent in the 5A has made it a fun year here. I didnt agree with everyone at times but hope I didnt stir up too much emotion. Its all about the kids when its all said and done. I know each school has some exceptional athletes and some have exceptional coaches. The 2 best teams did play in the Championship game but the adverse weather played to PA's favor. Plus the game plan was much more diverse and you can tell PA had the edge when it came to creativity. Congrats to PA for being the powerhouse they are. I truly think they could have beaten Fayetteville this year but we will never know.
I would like to say Thank You to Go Postal for all the history brought in here throughout the year and Thank you to Almatrackster for all the live play by play. PA Dad also has had plenty of great feeds through the year. Thanks guys.
One more BIG Thank you to all the coaches for devoting their lives to our childrens current and future lives. I know what my kids got out of their coaches in their respective sports(Football and Soccer) is something that many parents don't get a chance to help develop them for whats in their future. A team of good coaches work on developing them not only in their sport but its the off the field stuff they get from right there in that locker room. Hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Deuces!!!

Grond

Another interesting football year.

PARAGOULD UPDATE
The Fearless Friday boards tend to be about the top teams, which is understandable. But just remember that, every year, half the high school football teams in Arkansas DON'T make the playoffs. And one of those teams is Paragould, and I am a Paragould fan.

Paragould went 3-7 this year, which was good for a Paragould squad that won 1 game last year. The new Paragould head coach (Sloas) was promoted from within, and did a very good job this year. He got more kids involved in the program, and got more kids on the field. I liked a lot of moves being made by the coaching staff, both in tactics and in personnel.

Football exists in high school because of the educational experience it provides. Thanks to ALL those coaches getting young men ready to play on Friday Nights.

oldjacketman

I honestly believe PA is the best team in the state, overall. You guys have an excellent team/program. Hang on to coach Kelly.

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on December 04, 2016, 12:33:31 pm
Another interesting football year.

PARAGOULD UPDATE
The Fearless Friday boards tend to be about the top teams, which is understandable. But just remember that, every year, half the high school football teams in Arkansas DON'T make the playoffs. And one of those teams is Paragould, and I am a Paragould fan.

Paragould went 3-7 this year, which was good for a Paragould squad that won 1 game last year. The new Paragould head coach (Sloas) was promoted from within, and did a very good job this year. He got more kids involved in the program, and got more kids on the field. I liked a lot of moves being made by the coaching staff, both in tactics and in personnel.

Football exists in high school because of the educational experience it provides. Thanks to ALL those coaches getting young men ready to play on Friday Nights.

I love seeing teams make a turnaround like White Hall did this year.  It sounds like Paragould may be on the way.  I'd love to see them beat Batesville or Wynne.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: PA Dad on December 04, 2016, 12:52:04 pm
  I'd love to see them beat Batesville or Wynne.

Hey, speak for yourself turkey leg.  Let em beat PA and be proud of them some.

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 04, 2016, 01:08:39 pm
Hey, speak for yourself turkey leg.  Let em beat PA and be proud of them some.

Turkey leg?  Is that a compliment?

There's always a desire to see an underdog beat the favorite.  I know there's lots of posters who would love to see Beebe or any other Central team beat PA.

Marblehog

There is something going on in the 5a South.  Never seen it this bad.  Basketball is awful as well. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas