• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 2A state title. Hampton Bulldogs vs Mt Ida Lions. Let's get it started!!!!

Started by AirWarren, December 02, 2016, 09:37:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's gonna win state?

Hampton
99 (67.8%)
Mt. ida
49 (33.6%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Voting closed: December 09, 2016, 09:38:20 pm

BlueNGold52

I was thinking someone trying to give the Bulldogs alittle more fuel for their fire. I'm pretty sure they won't need it cause they are a very solid team!

fresh_prince

Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 05, 2016, 12:58:41 pm
Ok the Doc is ready to make a score prediction

3 Yards and a cloud of Dust 35

The Consolidation 28

Monta will definitely get his but MI plays keep away better than any team the Dawgs have faced this year

Better keep away game than Rison?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: fresh_prince on December 05, 2016, 08:07:21 pm
Better keep away game than Rison?

Pretty sure Rison ran like 54 plays against them and they still got blew out. Lol.

Dr. Defense

Lions65

My Ida will prob go ahead and show up and play even though y'all said all this bs

dawgpound

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lions65 on December 05, 2016, 08:38:35 pm
My Ida will prob go ahead and show up and play even though y'all said all this bs

What "bs?"

Should be an interesting game..

Difference makers for Mount Ida:

Langrange and both Cade's.

Difference makers for Hampton:

Monta, Hegler and #33.

Mount Ida runs the wing T. Hampton runs the triple option.

Both are hard to defend and can be easily perfected. I prefer the triple option myself. I wish I could make this game..Unfortunantrly duty calls at work. I'll be watching it though when I can.

Hornet4ever

Boomcannon

I'll be glad when this season is over, I can go back to only being used 2-3 times a season when "the transfers" graduate.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

dawgpound

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 05, 2016, 11:59:20 pm
Will Hampton be live streaming or no?

Pony up the 10 bucks and watch it online...besides I don't think they can livestream the finals on their own "channel".

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 06, 2016, 05:49:45 am
Pony up the 10 bucks and watch it online...besides I don't think they can livestream the finals on their own "channel".

The AAA has been broadcasting the other title games on t.v. channel 49, maybe.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 05, 2016, 09:38:18 pm
What "bs?"

Monta, Hegler and #33.

Both are hard to defend and can be easily perfected. I prefer the triple option myself. I wish I could make this game..Unfortunantrly duty calls at work. I'll be watching it though when I can.

Mount Ida doesnt run the wing t....

Dr. Defense

AirWarren

Dr. Defense

DanvilleFan

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 06:48:39 am
Or soft people.

I think I got the 4a title thread locked.
Disrespecting someone over the internet makes you tough huh? You internet thugs just raised the crime rate another 5℅. AirWarren is the leader of the "Keyboard Gang".  ;D

panther07

What "bs?"

Monta, Hegler and #33.

I don't think that's what I'd call it.  Mt. Ida has historically run the split back veer.  They will put a wing or slot in the formation sometimes, but don't really run much wing T action out of it. 

young_gun

What "bs?"

Monta, Hegler and #33.

Obviously you have not seen Mt Ida this year. They are not wing T.

panther07

Quote from: young_gun on December 06, 2016, 09:24:48 am
Obviously you have not seen Mt Ida this year. They are not wing T.

Nor have they ever been to my knowledge.

justagal

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2016, 06:00:27 am
The AAA has been broadcasting the other title games on t.v. channel 49, maybe.

It will be broadcast on the CW Network.

Lumberjackfan1978

M.I. D

The game will be on tv. All state title games are on Channel 38 on directv or dish.

The Bear

Quote from: Gatormeat on December 05, 2016, 12:29:59 pm
Lol! Where is the 15 team? Oh yeah, moved on with their lives and supporting their old school. Kinda like you should be doing.
The only team mount Ida should be worried about is this years team.
And for sure I'd pick 3 and 10 this year over slow and steady last year. All day. Mount ida has PROVEN THIS YEAR to be the best of 2 in the state.
Key words... "This year"
Hey gatorboy, pipe down

The Bear

How do you expect Hampton to win by 40 when they won't have the ball enough to do that . 4 yards at a time getting pounded down there throat will be tough to stop

Proud Buckaroo

I apologize for saying Mount Ida runs the "wing T".. I will be the first to say I haven't seen them play. That was second hand knowledge that someone mentioned to me. There isn't much information out there on them for me to be accurate on what they run. But.... I apologize....

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: The Bear on December 06, 2016, 10:18:47 am
How do you expect Hampton to win by 40 when they won't have the ball enough to do that . 4 yards at a time getting pounded down there throat will be tough to stop

Rison did the same thing to them. Rison actually had the ball for like 38 minutes and ran 54 total plays. You do have a point. A lot of Hampton's scores strive on the BIG play, but Hampton proved against Des Arc that they can go on methodical drives themselves.

fresh_prince

Quote from: The Bear on December 06, 2016, 10:18:47 am

They don't need the ball that much with the three headed monster and a hateful defense. 40-0 sounds good to me

tacklethis...

tacklethis...

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 06, 2016, 12:04:44 pm
Rison did the same thing to them. Rison actually had the ball for like 38 minutes and ran 54 total plays. You do have a point. A lot of Hampton's scores strive on the BIG play, but Hampton proved against Des Arc that they can go on methodical drives themselves.

It will be on Hamptons defense to win the first title in school history. Not the monster 3 headed offense! Hampton will score points, but if they stop the dive play they win easy...if the dive play works for Ida this one will be a one score game to the end.

PS. Dont see Monta getting any favors in the kicking game either...

Old Scrapper

Just don't punt to #5, or kickoff to him, or let him play offense!
simple game plan, follow this strategy and My Ida wins easy.

dawgpound

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 06, 2016, 12:24:17 pm
this just might work

FilmCrew

Quote from: fresh_prince on December 06, 2016, 12:07:55 pm
They don't need the ball that much with the three headed monster and a hateful defense. 40-0 sounds good to me

I'll take Mount Ida and those points

fresh_prince

Cheek

Quote from: The Bear on December 04, 2016, 01:05:08 pm
Last years mount Ida team would beat this years mount Ida team handedly . But I don't see that game being played anytime soon so let's worry about this years mount Ida team who has made everyone believers , and is going to the state championship to play Hampton .. this is a young group of kids who have nothing but getting better to look forward too . Hopefully the next three years we will be hanging out at the Rock and coming home with a ring . Good luck both teams ! RollLionsRoll

I agree about last years team.  They should have won the State Title with ease last year, but a wet night in McCrory ended their season. 

FilmCrew

fresh_prince

ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk

dawgpound

BrushyCreek

sickwillie

Quote from: dawgpound on December 06, 2016, 03:59:04 pm
I think underground is just trying to be funny

Funny or poor professionalism?? either way they'll be wrong again. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on December 06, 2016, 02:36:39 pm
I agree about last years team.  They should have won the State Title with ease last year, but a wet night in McCrory ended their season.
Mccrory was pretty good last year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on December 06, 2016, 02:36:39 pm

I dont think it was just the wet field, mccory did play on the same wetness

bulldawg2016

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 06, 2016, 12:24:17 pm
Or play anywhere on Defense! Don't forget about that!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dawgpound on December 06, 2016, 03:59:04 pm
I think underground is just trying to be funny

what did they say this week??

bulldawg2016

Wow!! Fearless Friday underground just adding a little more fuel to the fire!! Let's go Dawgs! He said the Ida is just a better team than Hampton!! SMH!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on December 06, 2016, 05:50:42 pm
Wow!! Fearless Friday underground just adding a little more fuel to the fire!! Let's go Dawgs! He said the Ida is just a better team than Hampton!! SMH!

You're kidding right?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas